Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #166  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Default introduce

Now that I don't have a headache and feel human again on day 4 I just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. I'm a mom of a 19 month old girl and I have always been over weight. I'm 33 years old and had a hard time consiving my daughter but now that I have her it was worth everything! I have been on many "diets" before and have changed my way of life a time or two but this time is different I'm going to loose 100 pounds and then I will be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle so my girl will grow up with a proper example! My dear husband could not be any more supportive and for that I'm so thankful!

I'm hoping my TOM comes back around and normals out a bit it been since July 2010 since I have had anything and well part of this journey is to get prego again!!

I am doing the alternative route as I have a Dr that his wife did all the math and put together a plan so the only down fall would be no coach, but I did work for a chiropractor that does IP for 4 years so I feel I have a good conection there and if need be I can fall back on this! I do wonder about different packs instead of my boaring shakes already but with time I'm sure I will learn more and get more creative!!!

Down 5 pounds already WOOOO HOOOO

Thank you for all you guys share on this forum and I can't wait to get to know you all better on this journey we are on!
Old 01-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #167  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
I wonder if it is helpful to look at overall weight loss. Maybe think about where you were a month ago and where you will be a month from now.
Thanks Purple Sky I am honestly happy with my weight loss, I think what frustrates me more is my hubby...he is uber competitive and he WANTS to lose tons more than me it seems...it almost feels like he is subtly rubbing it in my face. I could possibly be hormonal because I've felt like it's that TOM for over a week now without it presenting itself (apparently this program does that to women) so I'm just trying to breathe through it all and keep moving moving moving toward my goal
Old 01-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #168  
Joined IP 1/09/2012

S/C/G: 236/196/180

Height: 5'7"

I am so inspired by you! Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #169  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzledmom04 View Post
I did that with bags of sugar the other week at Walmart. I didn't actually feel too bad before IP but after carrying the sugar around it really put it into perspective of how much etra weight I was carrying around. I highly recommend everyone to try doing this when they get a little frustrated.
you're doing great Sandra. Keep up the good work!
Bags of sugar. Love it. I feel like that is what I am losing, bags of sugar and flour.

Been thinking about what my future is going to be like. Been looking at recipe books for sugarless and flourless and processedless diets. They seem to have recipes for how I will be eating in the future.

Every diet that I see. Every one that resonates with me has a protocol similiar to IP's later phases with good fats and sugars added back. (yogurt, nuts, fruits, etc. etc.)
Old 01-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBNJENNISANDWICH View Post
Since BACKDROPsilhouette shared her jars on yesterday's thread, I figured I'd share mine too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...012-1793-2.jpg

Hopefully that shows up okay. It's been a very long time since I've used my photobucket account and I've never linked a photo here before. Thanks to Wuv for posting the inspiration. It was an easy project and I'm looking forward to having something tangible to move the pounds around. Especially since I don't really see or feel a difference yet. This helps me to "see" a difference and keep motivated.
I love it! Very inspirational and more fun than your ticker
Old 01-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #171  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzsh View Post
I am back! Sometimes we have to learn the hard way. For several weeks I ate everything I wanted and more.... I learned I did not feel good and felt sad that I was gaining weight. Well this week I went back on the program and feeling better and getting closer to my goal. It is all a learning experience. It is important to know that it is ok to make a mistake.... Can always regroup and start again.
The best part is you realized it before letting it get out of hand - you are doing awesome!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #172  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Good morning everyone! I'm feeling blessed today that I am on this program and fate led me here.
That is fantastic! I understand how we can get to a dark side sometimes and glad you found the inspiration to change your life! I believe we all have our time to go and that definitely wasn't yours, but instead you were given a different message - take it and best of luck!!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100poundfreeway View Post
Now that I don't have a headache and feel human again on day 4 I just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. I'm a mom of a 19 month old girl and I have always been over weight. I'm 33 years old and had a hard time consiving my daughter but now that I have her it was worth everything! I have been on many "diets" before and have changed my way of life a time or two but this time is different I'm going to loose 100 pounds and then I will be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle so my girl will grow up with a proper example! My dear husband could not be any more supportive and for that I'm so thankful!

I'm hoping my TOM comes back around and normals out a bit it been since July 2010 since I have had anything and well part of this journey is to get prego again!!

I am doing the alternative route as I have a Dr that his wife did all the math and put together a plan so the only down fall would be no coach, but I did work for a chiropractor that does IP for 4 years so I feel I have a good conection there and if need be I can fall back on this! I do wonder about different packs instead of my boaring shakes already but with time I'm sure I will learn more and get more creative!!!

Thank you for all you guys share on this forum and I can't wait to get to know you all better on this journey we are on!
Welcome!! If you're every bored with your shake selection, you should check out nausha nutrition. They have several different packets that are close to (some identical to) the IP products for about 1/3 the cost. I don't think I could make it without my cappuccino drink! Check out the alternative thread for more info.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #174  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs463 View Post
As far as the sight goes I think the best thing to do in the beginning, which is what I do, is to go to the UserCP tab at the top of the page in purple and sign up for email. This way you will get your replies to your email.
Good afternoon, so I went to the "User CP" tab and clicked on "Edit Email and Password" and I have my email listed there but it doesn't mention having replies sent to that address and don't believe I have received them there in the past, were you perhaps talking about something else?
Old 01-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #175  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100poundfreeway View Post

Welcome and Congrats on the results so far!!!! Its awesome however the rapid loss at the start can keep you motivated and stay 100% OP!!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #176  
Started IP 9/12/2011

S/C/G: 288/184/150

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Made the kale chips this afternoon: VERDICT: AMAZING!!!!! I was totally skeptical, I mean it's a leafy veggie how on earth was this going to transform into chips? LOL! WOW, they totally taste like chips and I can't believe how crunchy they get!!!! YUM! I wonder how long they'll keep? I'd like to make some before the weekend to take to a movie....
I let them sit to make sure they are completely cooled off and then I put them in a ziplock back and I have enjoyed them for more than a week. You have to make sure the moisture is gone completely though before you bag them. I often will leave them overnight and then bag them. They are great to have on hand for when you need a quick veggie!

The cabbage salad is super easy:

Dissolve 3 TBSP splenda in 3TBSP hot water. Add 3 TBSP apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup (I use a little less) Olive oil, 1/2 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Mix together. Add 8 cups of shredded or chopped cabbage and green onion to taste. Mix and toss well in oil. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before eating...the longer the better. Toss to mix before serving. It is delicious with chicken in it or by itself.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #177  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassfedbeef View Post
I let them sit to make sure they are completely cooled off and then I put them in a ziplock back and I have enjoyed them for more than a week. You have to make sure the moisture is gone completely though before you bag them. I often will leave them overnight and then bag them. They are great to have on hand for when you need a quick veggie!

The cabbage salad is super easy:

Dissolve 3 TBSP splenda in 3TBSP hot water. Add 3 TBSP apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup (I use a little less) Olive oil, 1/2 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Mix together. Add 8 cups of shredded or chopped cabbage and green onion to taste. Mix and toss well in oil. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before eating...the longer the better. Toss to mix before serving. It is delicious with chicken in it or by itself.
Thanks!! Cabbage salad in fridge!!! Appreciate it!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassfedbeef View Post
Yum! Thanks! I have 1/2 a cabbage left from braising earlier, this will be on my list for tomorrow!
Old 01-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #179  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Morning all.

My scale is up 1.5 today. No apparent reason, but weekends I know I don't drink enough water. I will definitely work on that today. I don't weigh in until Thursday, so I expect som ups and downs...I know I should just stay off the scale.

I had turnip fries last night. I just used coarse salt and pepper and a little oil and baked st 425 for 20 mins.they were good, not crispy, but tasty.

I feel a cold starting. Off to find the oil of oregano and some nice herbal tea!
I always gain weight when I eat turnip fries. Of course it's just some water weight and it's usually gone in a couple of days. I never eat them the night before my WI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Anyone else that feels like you CAN'T do this, don't listen! YOU CAN DO THIS! If I can do it & stick with it, then you can too! It WILL get better and it FLIES by!
Like I always say, "If I can do this, anyone can." It really is true. This is the only diet that I have stayed on for so long, never cheated and lost this much weight. I've been on every diet known to man - this really is my last diet.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #180  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskastarr View Post
Thanks Purple Sky what frustrates me more is my hubby...he is uber competitive and he WANTS to lose tons more than me it seems...it almost feels like he is subtly rubbing it in my face.
Umm. Males have hormones, too. Just saying.
Closed Thread