3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/19/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/250930-ip-daily-chat-thursday-1-19-12-a.html)

whirlygirl72 01-19-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday (Post 4179356)
With most of us being chilly, a cold drink in the morning isn't always something to look forward to. Today, I mixed 1/2 packet chocolate drink with 1/2 packet cappucino drink, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 stevia (could use 1/2 packet or omit, as the cappucino is sweet anyway) and 2oz water to make some mocha breakfast brownies :) Had them with a cup of hot tea and they were delicious!

do you just microwave these or bake in an oven? they look good!

kelly1962 01-19-2012 01:43 PM

Down another 3 lbs this week. I have been on a roll since my "mess up" over the holidays. I have been sticking exactly to plan and drinking my water and is it ever working. We have had such a cold spell here and my car which is an old car, the driver door gets frozen and i cant get the lock up when i get in my car so i have to climb over to the passenger side to get out sometimes. I was thinking if i hadnt lost all this weight, i may have been trapped in my car for a couple of hours or until the door thawed.....lol... cause i dont think i could have done all this climbing i have to do in my car now...lol..

LaLibE 01-19-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag23 (Post 4179531)
Well I think I might have doen something really wrong. Night shift might make me stupid.....I've been drinking crystal Light with Suralose.....Is this sugar? My coach says I should be losing 6 lbs per week. I lost 6 the 1st week and 4 the 2nd week. She made me feel bad when she commented,I should be losing more. I have hypothyroidism and I think that makes me slower to lose. I'm in 3rd week and really staying on program. I also think working nightshift effects my loose also.....Gosh,I'm alittle down today

Don't be down!!! Those are fabulous losses, I'm not really sure what your coach expects you to lose!

You do need to watch the crystal light, water is best. But honestly, you have lost 10lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you should be celebrating!! :carrot:

heliosmommy 01-19-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanCo (Post 4178981)
Second weigh-in yesterday...down 5.2 pounds, so that makes 13.6 pounds in 2 weeks! This is so awesome, I can't believe how satisfied the protein packs keep me! I rarely even think about food, which used to be all I thought about! I am feeling so good, I really want to get back to working out but I love the elliptical and I'm getting mixed reviews on if that is too intense of a workout or not while on IP...thoughts?

Congrats! That's great. :D I feel the same way about working out. I was working with a personal trainer before starting IP and now am not sure what to do about him. hmm.. Any thoughts?

Chuckles1330 01-19-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Well I think I might have doen something really wrong. Night shift might make me stupid.....I've been drinking crystal Light with Suralose.....Is this sugar? My coach says I should be losing 6 lbs per week. I lost 6 the 1st week and 4 the 2nd week. She made me feel bad when she commented,I should be losing more. I have hypothyroidism and I think that makes me slower to lose. I'm in 3rd week and really staying on program. I also think working nightshift effects my loose also.....Gosh,I'm alittle down today

I'm new to the program, so can't comment on the use of Crystal Light (but know someone here will know that answer :) ) Any possibility of getting a different coach? This one doesn't sound very positive. I can see lowering the boom if you were cheating, but 10lbs in 2 weeks is awesome on any diet.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

rokkerchik20 01-19-2012 01:50 PM

Good Morning IP Friends!

Sounds liek the cold snap is all across Canada, We have been in minus 30's all week, with nearl -50's with the wind chill.

I dont know what it is about this weaterh, but all week, i want to be in bed by 7pm and want to eat everything in my sight! Have been trying to curb it off with herbal tea! cant wait till it warms up, i hope my crazy appetite goes away!

Jag23 01-19-2012 01:50 PM

WYO could you send me some MOI also? I'm not sure how to send my adress privately......Can you let me know?

lindac36 01-19-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

My coach said 2-4 pounds per week is average for a woman. I'd say you are doing perfectly. Feel good about your accomplishment. 10 pounds in 2 weeks that is phenomenal! Good for YOU

AK907 01-19-2012 01:50 PM

Wow, Jag23 you're doing great for hypothyroidism. It'd be great if you didn't have hypothyroidism. You're suppose to lose like 3 pounds a week on this diet anyway, so 4 is pretty good. I hope I can lose 4 this week but I don't think I even will. If you look on the ideal protein boxes, sucralose is an ingredient...it's actually an artificial sweetner.

lindac36 01-19-2012 01:58 PM

Can someone evaluate this and tell me if I could use it? There is tomato puree in it, and sugar is listed as the 3rd to the last ingredient, right before spices. There is no MSG. Hopefully that is enough info.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/2 cup (125g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 30
Calories 70

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 3.5g 5%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 400mg 17%
Total Carbohydrate 7g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 3g
Protein 1g

Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 2% Iron 4%

Jag23 01-19-2012 02:06 PM

Thx guys for the positive feedback. You are the BEST!

tenniels 01-19-2012 02:13 PM

Just wanted to say I hope you're all having a fab day on program. I had the Peach & Mango drink for breakfast and it was sooo good. It's the closest thing I've had to fruit since starting and I really enjoyed that. Will be on the list for my next "shopping" trip.

On a sidenote, WUV, I hope you had understood my post in yesterday's daily thread. I did explain, but I don't know if you read it or not. I came here for support like everyone else, and was only trying to offer what I could. I had no problem with what you said, I just offered something slightly different. Hope everything is okay.

tenniels 01-19-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokkerchik20 (Post 4179564)
Good Morning IP Friends!

Sounds liek the cold snap is all across Canada, We have been in minus 30's all week, with nearl -50's with the wind chill.

I dont know what it is about this weaterh, but all week, i want to be in bed by 7pm and want to eat everything in my sight! Have been trying to curb it off with herbal tea! cant wait till it warms up, i hope my crazy appetite goes away!

Ack, I totally agree!!! This cold snap puts me in hibernation mode and eating and sleeping is all I feel like doing. Thank goodness for motivation, or that is exactly all I'd be doing!

Momto2cs 01-19-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLibE (Post 4179076)
Good Morning, it's freezing cold here this morning - thank goodness I work from home! I am re-starting IP to lose my holiday pounds and at the same time my husband is following the program using alternative products. Let me just say, he is driving me nuts!! He has not done any reading on the program, he just basically eats what I tell him to eat. The problem is that he is questioning me non-stop! Can I have some cheese? What if I put cream in my coffee, can I just give up my snack? Why do I have to take the vitamins? This bar has 49g carbs, why can't I have it?? C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!! Good thing I love him :)

While Phase 1 the second time around is proving to be a challenge for me, I have to say it is so much easier when I husband is eating what I eat.

Have a great day, stay warm!
Elissa

I could have written this!

It has come down to me packing him a bag to take to work and I say-you can eat this and nothing else but water and black coffee!

I have his dinner (and mine) on a plate for when he gets home.

And that's it for the day!!!!

Renewing Myself 01-19-2012 02:56 PM

Quite a few of us Albertans on the board trying to get through this cold snap (and our neighbors to the East!)

New Englander - thanks for the veggie suggestions, that does sound doable. I also want to find a recipe for homemade veggie soup, my coach mentioned it today and I think that would be a good way to get them in as well.

Oh - I was down 6.8 lbs today for my first weigh in!!! :carrot: Very happy with that and look forward to this week.