3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/19/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/250930-ip-daily-chat-thursday-1-19-12-a.html)

wyo1963 01-19-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkp888 (Post 4179295)
That you be awesome if you could, Would you be able to send it collect?

I don't know? Never did that before, but I am sure it's under $5 to buy and mail, so I wouldnt be out an arm and leg if you didnt get back to me. No biggy. Glad to help. Write me on my yahoo address and let me know where you want me to send it. [email protected].

omgzitsmiranda 01-19-2012 12:47 PM

Next month I'm going to have approximately $60 to spend on "extras" like packets stuff like that. I ordered the garlic & onion soy nuts and the soy chocolate balls to try for right now, which should be here tomorrow. BUT! I want some suggestions. I want to be able to make waffles, pancakes, muffins things like that. Give me some ideas you guys :)

wyo1963 01-19-2012 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=lkp888;4179299]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Renewing Myself (Post 4179260)
I have my first weight in this morning, I am pretty excited!!

IKP888 - let me know if you can order it online, I would be interested in trying it as well.

I have had a good week. Veggies are still my tough spot, I need to spend some time reading recipes and trying new things. We had asparagus the other night and hubby and daughter both liked it, that is one that I have never cooked. Maybe I can get some recipes from my coach today.[/QUOT

I found a site but it only ships to U.S addresses. :(

I make asparagus in the oven or on the barby- put on cookie sheet, spray lightly with olive oil spray and sprinkle with sea salt- bake or broil(watch closely to turn)Takes a few minutes and the flavor is awesome. We made that for a catering company I used to help with when I was in college the first time. Huge difference from steaming it!:carrot:
It might be interesting with lemon salt as well.?:)

THISTIME4ME 01-19-2012 12:53 PM

I'm a long time lurker, as I mentioned in a different post. I just want to say "Hi" to everyone. I feel like I know so many of you. I've been snowed in since Sunday and I had the pleasure of cooking dinner for my family on our woodstove last night when the power went out. But even with all the stress, I am staying on plan and have not had any problems doing it!!!

Chuckles1330 01-19-2012 12:53 PM

First day in the office since beginning IP on Saturday, and except for the stomach rumbling while meeting with my boss first thing (had not had b'fast yet), I'm doing ok :) Wasn't sure how I would feel - the last couple of days have been a bit rocky, but I'm proud to have been able to stay OP. Had an emotional upset last night, but resisted the chocolate covered peanuts :)

One day at a time...

AK907 01-19-2012 12:55 PM

Hi guys, I'm new to this site and still trying to figure out how to use it. Anyway I've been on Ideal protein for 2 weeks now. My first week WI I lost 7 pounds, and I get my next WI tomorrow. My only concern is that my coach doesn't seem very knowledgeable. I was given different potassium/calcium, potassium/magnesium supplements that only have like 1-2% of daily value. It just doesn't seem like it's enough. I just get worried my coach is in it just to make money and not because she's very knowledgeable. I'm a medical student so I question her a lot and she never seems to be able to answer my questions correctly. But this is the only clinic I can find and it's still 2 hours away so I can't really change places. Should I just deal with it?

wyo1963 01-19-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckles1330 (Post 4179443)
First day in the office since beginning IP on Saturday, and except for the stomach rumbling while meeting with my boss first thing (had not had b'fast yet), I'm doing ok :) Wasn't sure how I would feel - the last couple of days have been a bit rocky, but I'm proud to have been able to stay OP. Had an emotional upset last night, but resisted the chocolate covered peanuts :)

One day at a time...

Hey Good job passing on the CCP! I am 10 days in and have lost 11 #, I am doing the program with out a paid coach. I am a nurse and have researched this to the ninth degree. This place is the best I have found for information and support!!! Read threads from 2010 forward, you will learn lots. I use this thread and and another. Hang in there, eat a hunk of celery with sea salt and drink some tea! You can do it!

wyo1963 01-19-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK907 (Post 4179446)
Hi guys, I'm new to this site and still trying to figure out how to use it. Anyway I've been on Ideal protein for 2 weeks now. My first week WI I lost 7 pounds, and I get my next WI tomorrow. My only concern is that my coach doesn't seem very knowledgeable. I was given different potassium/calcium, potassium/magnesium supplements that only have like 1-2% of daily value. It just doesn't seem like it's enough. I just get worried my coach is in it just to make money and not because she's very knowledgeable. I'm a medical student so I question her a lot and she never seems to be able to answer my questions correctly. But this is the only clinic I can find and it's still 2 hours away so I can't really change places. Should I just deal with it?

Hang in there AK! I am a nurse so I researched lots. I got my own supplements. Can't remember where I found it on here, just read read read. You will find infor on how much K, Ca,Mg you should be getting. Don't skimp on sea salt, really helped me with a head ache. I dont like pickles but someone recomends them. Keep asking questions here in these threads. You will get great support and answers.:D

NavyMommy 01-19-2012 01:10 PM

Good afternoon!

This is my favorite part of my IP day. Kids are down, just finished my veggies and I'm eating my lunch bar and drinking some hot tea while catching up. :D

I do have a question though for some of you more experienced at traveling with IP. I have to spend the night away tonight and don't want to forget anything. I will eat dinner before I go but will have to have breakfast there (and possibly my lunch bar, but I'm not worrying about veggies til I get home). Here's what I've packed:

1c. Zucchini Chips (holdover from dinner since I'm going to have to eat early before I go)
Evening Snack (Jelly)
3 bags of herbal tea
A couple packets of Splenda
Shaker
Cappuccino packet
Supplements
Plus my shaker and a travel mug for heating the tea / cappuccino in

Is there anything obvious I'm forgetting? I will have access to a fridge / micro if I need it. Thanks so much for looking it over!

AK907 01-19-2012 01:12 PM

Thanks a bunch. I always look at the nutrition facts on the ideal protein foods I buy and get whatever is the most nutrient dense. I keep a box on hand that isn't very nutrient dense just in case I want some extra protein and nothing else (pineapple banana is very non nutrient and low calorie.) The first week I had brought my ideal protein food home I was disappointed how different the nutrition was on each box and that I couldn't find reliable facts online about the nutrition labels. I don't know why the company wouldn't post those but oh well I decided I just have to take it into my own hands if I want the nutrient density. I also take my own powder magnesium at night and will have like a bar with it that has at least 35% calcium so I can get my calcium magnesium together. As far as potassium, I like getting the chocolate drink that has 450mg in it.

AK907 01-19-2012 01:17 PM

I was also going to ask about exercise. I'm in week 2 and was told not to exercise much but my job is very physically demanding and so is school, especially now that I am in clinical. I can't just sit around and not do anything. My coach said it'd mess up my metabolism if I was exercising. That doesn't really help me out so I just decided when I start getting really tired that I take an extra protein drink. I figure if I'm using the energy, I can take an extra protein shake a day and it won't hurt me. Anybody else have this issue with exercise?

lindac36 01-19-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK907 (Post 4179446)

People on this forum are quite helpful and knowledgeable, some are even in the process of becoming coaches themselves. So, many, many answers lie in these pages. There is also the option of idealtogo.com which is an online site, but was very helpful to me while I was trying to find a clinic nearby. I had to use ninjaproxy to get to the site, but, it is another option. I had many 'talks' with the online coach via e-mail and text and she was quite willing to help.

lindac36 01-19-2012 01:27 PM

BTW AK907, welcome, you are among friends and supporters!

LaLibE 01-19-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK907 (Post 4179497)
I was also going to ask about exercise. I'm in week 2 and was told not to exercise much but my job is very physically demanding and so is school, especially now that I am in clinical. I can't just sit around and not do anything. My coach said it'd mess up my metabolism if I was exercising. That doesn't really help me out so I just decided when I start getting really tired that I take an extra protein drink. I figure if I'm using the energy, I can take an extra protein shake a day and it won't hurt me. Anybody else have this issue with exercise?

I exercised from day 1... I really don't feel like exercise messed with my metabolism. My coach explained it differently, she said that because this diet is so low in calories and carbs you don't really have enough to expend on exercise. She suggested another shake or perhaps a boiled egg or something when I was exercising.

Jag23 01-19-2012 01:36 PM

Well I think I might have doen something really wrong. Night shift might make me stupid.....I've been drinking crystal Light with Suralose.....Is this sugar? My coach says I should be losing 6 lbs per week. I lost 6 the 1st week and 4 the 2nd week. She made me feel bad when she commented,I should be losing more. I have hypothyroidism and I think that makes me slower to lose. I'm in 3rd week and really staying on program. I also think working nightshift effects my loose also.....Gosh,I'm alittle down today