3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/19/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/250930-ip-daily-chat-thursday-1-19-12-a.html)

Momto2cs 01-19-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday (Post 4179356)
With most of us being chilly, a cold drink in the morning isn't always something to look forward to. Today, I mixed 1/2 packet chocolate drink with 1/2 packet cappucino drink, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 stevia (could use 1/2 packet or omit, as the cappucino is sweet anyway) and 2oz water to make some mocha breakfast brownies :) Had them with a cup of hot tea and they were delicious!

How long did you cook them?

SomedayBubblySomeday 01-19-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whirlygirl72 (Post 4179540)
do you just microwave these or bake in an oven? they look good!

Baked in the oven @ 350 for 8 minutes. 7 minutes will keep them a little underdone in the middle and they will be like lava brownies :) :) :)

Danni1 01-19-2012 03:15 PM

Had my first weigh in yesterday and I am down 5.3lbs!! I am happy with than, especially since it is TOM. The best part was how excited and happy my husband is for me! This is the first time he has ever been totally 100% supportive of what I am doing. He understands why I can't cheat and even will cook special OP meals when it is his turn to prepare supper!

DanafromAustin 01-19-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLibE (Post 4179076)
Good Morning, it's freezing cold here this morning - thank goodness I work from home! I am re-starting IP to lose my holiday pounds and at the same time my husband is following the program using alternative products. Let me just say, he is driving me nuts!! He has not done any reading on the program, he just basically eats what I tell him to eat. The problem is that he is questioning me non-stop! Can I have some cheese? What if I put cream in my coffee, can I just give up my snack? Why do I have to take the vitamins? This bar has 49g carbs, why can't I have it?? C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!! Good thing I love him :)

While Phase 1 the second time around is proving to be a challenge for me, I have to say it is so much easier when I husband is eating what I eat.

Have a great day, stay warm!
Elissa

I can totally relate to your frustration with your husband, as I had the same issues when my daughter started IP a couple of weeks after I did. I told her from the very beginning that I would be happy to pay for her IP food, however she had to read the sheet and understand everything. I didn't want any complaining while she went through carb withdrawals (blame me for how bad she felt when it was her idea to do this) and she couldn't ask me what she couldn't or could have on this plan. I needed her to "own" this too. I'm generally not that hard on her, actually I'm a push over when it comes to my kids, but if I was going to pay for her then I wanted her to take responsibility too. She's been on the plan now for three months and just about at goal, and for the most part has taken ownership thank goodness.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Survalia (Post 4179374)
I have a question for those who have been at it for a while: How many pounds did you lose before people who did not know you were dieting started to notice??

I have lost 21 pounds, and I sure notice, but no one else seems to. I know there are some reasons for this -- I am still wearing the same clothes for the most part, and they are heavy sweaters, etc., because of the weather. Also, I am allergic to exercise ;) so I am pretty saggy, and it HAS been coming off pretty slowly, but jeepers it would feel good if someone said something!!

I've lost 55 pounds and the only people who have noticed is my family. I was talking to a friend the other day who started IP a couple of months ago and we both agreed that people may notice, but don't want to bring attention to the fact in case you are uncomfortable or they just didn't care/notice that we were fat to start with. ;) I know eventually someone has to say something. In the meantime I really don't care that much because I can really tell, and so can my husband and kids. And they're the only people I really care what they think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by THISTIME4ME (Post 4179442)
I'm a long time lurker, as I mentioned in a different post. I just want to say "Hi" to everyone. I feel like I know so many of you. I've been snowed in since Sunday and I had the pleasure of cooking dinner for my family on our woodstove last night when the power went out. But even with all the stress, I am staying on plan and have not had any problems doing it!!!

Glad you came out of lurkdom to say hi. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag23 (Post 4179531)
Well I think I might have doen something really wrong. Night shift might make me stupid.....I've been drinking crystal Light with Suralose.....Is this sugar? My coach says I should be losing 6 lbs per week. I lost 6 the 1st week and 4 the 2nd week. She made me feel bad when she commented,I should be losing more. I have hypothyroidism and I think that makes me slower to lose. I'm in 3rd week and really staying on program. I also think working nightshift effects my loose also.....Gosh,I'm alittle down today

IP says the average weight loss for women is 3 to 4 pounds per week. Other than the first two weeks hardly anyone looses 6 pounds per week, and if they do it was a once or twice thing at most. It sounds like you are doing great, now your coach on the other hand might have a problem. ;)

frazzledmom04 01-19-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindac36 (Post 4179579)
Can someone evaluate this and tell me if I could use it? There is tomato puree in it, and sugar is listed as the 3rd to the last ingredient, right before spices. There is no MSG. Hopefully that is enough info.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/2 cup (125g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 30
Calories 70

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 3.5g 5%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 400mg 17%
Total Carbohydrate 7g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 3g
Protein 1g

Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 2% Iron 4%

I would have to say no because its not 0/0/0 but if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

Momto2cs 01-19-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heliosmommy (Post 4179560)
Congrats! That's great. :D I feel the same way about working out. I was working with a personal trainer before starting IP and now am not sure what to do about him. hmm.. Any thoughts?

Unless you feel too weak keep at it and add one low carb packet to those days.
You will be happy at the end when you are thin and toned...trust me:)

Your losses may slow some. You will have to see and decide if that's ok...

wuv2bloved 01-19-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenniels (Post 4179606)
Just wanted to say I hope you're all having a fab day on program. I had the Peach & Mango drink for breakfast and it was sooo good. It's the closest thing I've had to fruit since starting and I really enjoyed that. Will be on the list for my next "shopping" trip.

On a sidenote, WUV, I hope you had understood my post in yesterday's daily thread. I did explain, but I don't know if you read it or not. I came here for support like everyone else, and was only trying to offer what I could. I had no problem with what you said, I just offered something slightly different. Hope everything is okay.

I did read it and everything is fine.

I do want to thank all of you who have said I have helped you in some way. I must say y'all have me crying (in a good way). I am not going anywhere, I will be here. I still have 70lbs to go.

I had a NSV last night, I saw an assistant manager I used to work for last night. She didn't recognize me, I called out her name, she looked then looked around me then looked at me again and said Lisa? I laughed and said yea its me. She said OMG you are so skinny!!!....I said far from it but thank you....she said NO REALLY look at you!.....she asked what I did and I told her I am on a special diet. She said a diet? you already barely ate as it was. I said well I wasn't eating enough and when I did eat I wasn't eating the right foods. Now I eat 3 meals a day and a snack and I have loss 119lbs in 7 months. Her mouth dropped to the floor. She said OMG you lost ME!....I said Yup....she said if I go down another 70lbs I will be bones....I told her ummmm NO I won't...lol...I am a big boned girl though. We had a nice visit and she said she wants to keep up with me and I need to visit her again sometime soon. It was a great feeling and made me smile :)

wuv2bloved 01-19-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazzledmom04 (Post 4179692)
I would have to say no because its not 0/0/0 but if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

You are correct, This would be NO!!

Lorilou 01-19-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Dieter (Post 4179385)
Good Afternoon To All,

WI# 14 -4lbs, I cannot believe I lost 61lbs in 14 weeks this is just too amazing. Hope everyone has great WI's too.

Congrats on the loss :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckles1330 (Post 4179443)
First day in the office since beginning IP on Saturday, and except for the stomach rumbling while meeting with my boss first thing (had not had b'fast yet), I'm doing ok :) Wasn't sure how I would feel - the last couple of days have been a bit rocky, but I'm proud to have been able to stay OP. Had an emotional upset last night, but resisted the chocolate covered peanuts :)

One day at a time...

It is one day at a time and sometimes one meal at a time. You'll get through..just keep focused on the goal and you'll get there :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly1962 (Post 4179548)
Down another 3 lbs this week. I have been on a roll since my "mess up" over the holidays. I have been sticking exactly to plan and drinking my water and is it ever working. We have had such a cold spell here and my car which is an old car, the driver door gets frozen and i cant get the lock up when i get in my car so i have to climb over to the passenger side to get out sometimes. I was thinking if i hadnt lost all this weight, i may have been trapped in my car for a couple of hours or until the door thawed.....lol... cause i dont think i could have done all this climbing i have to do in my car now...lol..

Good job on the WI :cb: I would call your car incident a NSV! :cp:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renewing Myself (Post 4179658)
Quite a few of us Albertans on the board trying to get through this cold snap (and our neighbors to the East!)

New Englander - thanks for the veggie suggestions, that does sound doable. I also want to find a recipe for homemade veggie soup, my coach mentioned it today and I think that would be a good way to get them in as well.

Oh - I was down 6.8 lbs today for my first weigh in!!! :carrot: Very happy with that and look forward to this week.

Isn't is great to see the scale move on your first WI :dancer: So motivating! Keep up thye good work!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danni1 (Post 4179681)
Had my first weigh in yesterday and I am down 5.3lbs!! I am happy with than, especially since it is TOM. The best part was how excited and happy my husband is for me! This is the first time he has ever been totally 100% supportive of what I am doing. He understands why I can't cheat and even will cook special OP meals when it is his turn to prepare supper!

Congtrats on the first WI :carrot: keep it up! You are lucky to have the support of your husband and a gold star for him for cooking OP meals for you :bravo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4179701)

I do want to thank all of you who have said I have helped you in some way. I must say y'all have me crying (in a good way). I am not going anywhere, I will be here. I still have 70lbs to go.

I had a NSV last night, I saw an assistant manager I used to work for last night. She didn't recognize me, I called out her name, she looked then looked around me then looked at me again and said Lisa? I laughed and said yea its me. She said OMG you are so skinny!!!....I said far from it but thank you....she said NO REALLY look at you!.....she asked what I did and I told her I am on a special diet. She said a diet? you already barely ate as it was. I said well I wasn't eating enough and when I did eat I wasn't eating the right foods. Now I eat 3 meals a day and a snack and I have loss 119lbs in 7 months. Her mouth dropped to the floor. She said OMG you lost ME!....I said Yup....she said if I go down another 70lbs I will be bones....I told her ummmm NO I won't...lol...I am a big boned girl though. We had a nice visit and she said she wants to keep up with me and I need to visit her again sometime soon. It was a great feeling and made me smile :)

What a great NSV :cp:

tenniels 01-19-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4179701)

I had a NSV last night

Okay good. I've only been here a short while and you've already helped me :) You're the go-to guru for all things IP! I'm a people pleaser and when it comes down to it, I really do just want people to like me. Nobody wants you going anywhere!

And super big congrats on you NSV! Those moments in life really make the hard work and sacrifice worth it. 119lbs in 7 months is beyond fantastic!!!! You go girl :carrot:

sandralosingweight 01-19-2012 03:50 PM

Can someone please tell me how I can do multiple quotes, I tried to click on the multiple quote icon on the bottom right, but that did not give me more than one quote!

Please help

wuv2bloved 01-19-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckles1330 (Post 4179561)
I'm new to the program, so can't comment on the use of Crystal Light (but know someone here will know that answer :) ) Any possibility of getting a different coach? This one doesn't sound very positive. I can see lowering the boom if you were cheating, but 10lbs in 2 weeks is awesome on any diet.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I do drink some Crystal Light as a "treat" there is SOME aspartame in it but its not very much. I don't drink the whole pitcher in a day but I do have a glass or 2 a day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK907 (Post 4179446)
Hi guys, I'm new to this site and still trying to figure out how to use it. Anyway I've been on Ideal protein for 2 weeks now. My first week WI I lost 7 pounds, and I get my next WI tomorrow. My only concern is that my coach doesn't seem very knowledgeable. I was given different potassium/calcium, potassium/magnesium supplements that only have like 1-2% of daily value. It just doesn't seem like it's enough. I just get worried my coach is in it just to make money and not because she's very knowledgeable. I'm a medical student so I question her a lot and she never seems to be able to answer my questions correctly. But this is the only clinic I can find and it's still 2 hours away so I can't really change places. Should I just deal with it?

did you get the sheet with the nutritional values of the packets we eat and the one with the supplements? If not I can upload it here for you to see :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4179484)
Good afternoon!

This is my favorite part of my IP day. Kids are down, just finished my veggies and I'm eating my lunch bar and drinking some hot tea while catching up. :D

I do have a question though for some of you more experienced at traveling with IP. I have to spend the night away tonight and don't want to forget anything. I will eat dinner before I go but will have to have breakfast there (and possibly my lunch bar, but I'm not worrying about veggies til I get home). Here's what I've packed:

1c. Zucchini Chips (holdover from dinner since I'm going to have to eat early before I go)
Evening Snack (Jelly)
3 bags of herbal tea
A couple packets of Splenda
Shaker
Cappuccino packet
Supplements
Plus my shaker and a travel mug for heating the tea / cappuccino in

Is there anything obvious I'm forgetting? I will have access to a fridge / micro if I need it. Thanks so much for looking it over!

I would bring an "extra" packet or 2 just in case something happens and you have to stay longer than expected. Also, bring a few pickles with you just in case. You are only bring one cup of veggies just in case you get hungry and need something to "snack" on. Better to be over prepared than not have enough :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag23 (Post 4179531)
Well I think I might have doen something really wrong. Night shift might make me stupid.....I've been drinking crystal Light with Suralose.....Is this sugar? My coach says I should be losing 6 lbs per week. I lost 6 the 1st week and 4 the 2nd week. She made me feel bad when she commented,I should be losing more. I have hypothyroidism and I think that makes me slower to lose. I'm in 3rd week and really staying on program. I also think working nightshift effects my loose also.....Gosh,I'm alittle down today

OK, first off your numbers are incredible and you are doing fantastic Second, you coach is INSANE!!!...you are losing ABOVE average, there is NO where in the books that say you should be losing 6lbs a week. I have hypo as well and my average is 3.2lbs a week over the last 37 weeks. THIS is YOUR JOURNEY, she doesn't walk in your shoes, she doesn't know how busy and hectic your day is. ONLY YOU DO! The night shift may or may not affect you, you just have to figure out what is going to work for you. I would have only a glass or 2 of the crystal light, get some MIO instead, there are 7 different flavors to choose from and its quick and easy to keep in your purse, its a small tear drop bottle. One bottle makes 18-24 8oz glasses depending how big of a squirt you put in it. Remember like I said earlier this is YOUR journey, don't let your coach get you down. If she is saying negative things to you like she has, then she is not much of a coach. ANY LOSS is a successful week no matter how big or small or even if you stay the same. This week I stayed exactly the same as last week, and you will have weeks like that but its just your body catching up to the weight you have loss already. You my dear chickie are doing OUTSTANDING....keep it up!!

wyo1963 01-19-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag23 (Post 4179565)
WYO could you send me some MOI also? I'm not sure how to send my adress privately......Can you let me know?

Sure- go to my email address and tell me where you want it mailed. Guess what-- just went to walmart and they have great value brand of the same stuff!!!! :carrot::carrot:dollar cheaper, same ingredents!:((cant spell) So the flavors are Peachmango, berrypomegranet, fruit punch, sweettea, peach tea, grape, orangetangerine, and walmart had limonade and acia berry and some of the same ones as MIO. Pick one and tell me at my yahoo address.

PBNJENNISANDWICH 01-19-2012 04:10 PM

No power here and my battery on the laptop is about to die. We've been hit by the "big snow" which is mostly big ice. There's like 184,000 people out of power. My WI was today but my clinic is closed. Luckily, I've saved 3 extra packets. So at least I will make it through the day OP. Don't know what tomorrow will bring. Please wish us luck that none of our huge trees will damage our house and that we'll be safe. Talk to you guys soon. Stay strong my Seattle area IPeeps!

wuv2bloved 01-19-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBNJENNISANDWICH (Post 4179758)
No power here and my battery on the laptop is about to die. We've been hit by the "big snow" which is mostly big ice. There's like 184,000 people out of power. My WI was today but my clinic is closed. Luckily, I've saved 3 extra packets. So at least I will make it through the day OP. Don't know what tomorrow will bring. Please wish us luck that none of our huge trees will damage our house and that we'll be safe. Talk to you guys soon. Stay strong my Seattle area IPeeps!

OH WOW!!!...stay safe!!....do what you can to stay OP but if you can't, you know what you can have if you run out of food. THIS is out of your control, so if you do not stay OP DON'T beat yourself up.