Old 01-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

The clothes being looser is great!! That's motivation right there. One question, with your 2 cups of salad for lunch are you eating 2 cups of veggies plus the lettuce or 2 cups including the lettuce? The lettuce is free and doesn't count for a veggie (unless it's spinach) so if you're just eating 2 cups of salad all together you may need more veggies.

Also, I know you addressed it further up but the way I read when you wrote is a boiled egg + 5-8oz meat. You might try cutting the egg out and making sure you're getting 8oz (measured raw) meat every night.

Have you talked to your coach? Who knows, maybe tonight the woosh fairy will visit and you'll be down by the morning. If this is a weight your body is comfortable at it might just take it a little longer to move the scale, but it will move! HTH!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Thanks Navy but I feel if I eat any less on this diet I will faint. I already feel lethargic on the little I"m eating now.
The days I eat the boiled egg I eat less meat (4-5 oz).
I haven't talked to my coach yet, will address it tomorrow. And I'm hoping you're right and the woosh fairy will make me lose tomorrow lol. I doubt it though.
And when I say 2 cups of salad I mean romaine and more cucumbers, red peppers on my salad. I also have with my bar in the p.m. mixed veggies. I don't have the C problem so I know I"m getting enough fibre. I'm also taking a fibre supplement every day my coach recommended.

sigh......
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Do you exercise? If you are exercising a lot then you really DO need to eat more. And the exercise can hinder your weight loss.

Last edited by galpal445; 01-13-2012 at 11:29 AM.
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #19  

I don't exercise which is hard for me because I use to go to the gym 3-4 times a week. I have since stopped that because I know, even when I did WW, when I exercise I don't lose.

The most exercise I get is some resistance training I do 3 times a week, just pushups, situps, stretches, just to keep things toned. No cardio. No weights.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinique125 View Post

I weighed myself this a.m. because I was so anxious to see my results this week, official WI not til tomorrow, and I found that I gained a lb

Last week was TOM so I expected not to lose, this week I was 100% OP, did not cheat once, drank all my water, took my pills, ate the veggies, did everything right and when I expected to lose 3-4 lbs I gain instead?

I don't understand. I thought the low carb way was going to work for me. I have lost 1.8 lbs in 3 weeks. Everytime my body reaches this weight it stays there. Why? Feeling so discouraged I cried this morning. Since my 20's I've struggled with this, never reaching my goal. I just want to be comfortable in my own skin.

Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. Or am I just destined to be this size forever!
Paleeease! I assure you, a hard boiled egg is not going to cause a gain. If your body is at a weight that it has "lived" at for long periods of time, you will hit a bump in the road and plateau for awhile. Stay the course and I promise you the Whoosh fairy will visit you soon. Reallyreallyreally.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Paleeease! I assure you, a hard boiled egg is not going to cause a gain. If your body is at a weight that it has "lived" at for long periods of time, you will hit a bump in the road and plateau for awhile. Stay the course and I promise you the Whoosh fairy will visit you soon. Reallyreallyreally.
I thought so, that egg is something that keeps me from starving and I do not think it's causing me to not lose.

My body has never been lighter than this, maybe 5 lbs but I've never been in the 130's. I really hope you're right. I am giving this one more week. If I stay the same next week I might have to consider another program?

Thank you.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Let us know what your coach says tomorrow!! It does sound like your body is just comfortable at the moment, and might take a little longer to break through. GL!!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #23  

Thank you, I've been trying really really hard. The hardest I"ve tried on any diet. Never wanted to waste my money on this so I am serious about losing the weight.

will post tomorrow what the coach suggested. Maybe she will say cut out the restrictives for a week that would suck or maybe add a packet more at night. Not sure.

Thanks for all your advice everyone. Will keep on plugging.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #24  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
I do not have any packet at night although I am hungry some nights. This week I had half a vanilla pudding because I was hungry on night.
Hi there, I am new to this so I don't know if I can be of help but the one thing my coach insisted on was the nighttime snack. I don't remember why but I just remember that was important so I force that one even if I feel full all evening. Lately, I have been doing drinks for my evening snack because they are easier to get down on a full stomach.

Also, hang in there. It's my understanding that those of us who are not quite tall can lose weight at a much slower pace.

Also, I understand what you mean about the hunger. During the day I am too hungry and too full at dinner. I am beginning to think I am one of those people designed for 5 small meals a day.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #25  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
sure, here goes:

bfast: IP Shake & green tea (half a teaspoon of splenda)
snacks: boiled egg and half an english cucumber
lunch: IP shake & 2 cups of salad (dressing is my own I make, EVOO, vinegar and spices), 2 tsps.
You are not getting in enough veggies here, even though you are eating half a cucumber at your snack
snack p.m.: IP Bar
dinner: 5-8 oz of meat, 2 cups of veggies (this week I had xtra lean hamburger twice), one day I had a whole egg and 2 whites for dinner with my salad and veggies),The days you are eating 1egg and 2 whites is NOT enough protein, you should be having at least 2-3 whole eggs if this is what you choose as your protein for your dinner portion. yesterday I had rotisserie chicken and 2 cups of veggies)

I do not have any packet at night although I am hungry some nights. This week I had half a vanilla pudding because I was hungry on night.
try switching your bar for breakfast and for your snack in between lunch and breakfast just have a cucumber and have your 3rd packet at night after dinner
Also I vary it, I may have 3 oz of meat and my salad with lunch and have my IP packet at night around 7:30 (I try not to eat pass 8 p.m.)
I always eat my snack later than 8pm, sometimes its is as late at 11pm at night. If I get hungry between meals I will snack on veggies but that is very rarely. I agree with everyone else don't give up, you can get over this hump, your clothes are loser and remember THAT NUMBER on the scale IS ONLY A NUMBER!!!!...its about HOW YOU FEEL!!!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Thank you, I've been trying really really hard. The hardest I"ve tried on any diet. Never wanted to waste my money on this so I am serious about losing the weight.

will post tomorrow what the coach suggested. Maybe she will say cut out the restrictives for a week that would suck or maybe add a packet more at night. Not sure.

Thanks for all your advice everyone. Will keep on plugging.
I am a Family Nurse Practitioner and have seen this same phenomenon many times. If you bag it, and go to another plan, you are really setting yourself up for failure.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I always eat my snack later than 8pm, sometimes its is as late at 11pm at night. If I get hungry between meals I will snack on veggies but that is very rarely. I agree with everyone else don't give up, you can get over this hump, your clothes are loser and remember THAT NUMBER on the scale IS ONLY A NUMBER!!!!...its about HOW YOU FEEL!!!!
thanks Wuv, I was thinking about you this morning, I remember you lost 1 lb and then gained 1 last week but this week lost 4. I really hope my body is just adjusting and it will show next week. When I look in the mirrow I see the weight loss, so I know something is working.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
I am a Family Nurse Practitioner and have seen this same phenomenon many times. If you bag it, and go to another plan, you are really setting yourself up for failure.

so your recommendation is to keep going for how long? This is my fourth week and I've lost 1.8 lbs in those 4 weeks while eating 8-900 calories a day. This is the least amt of food I've EVER eaten on any program.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
sure, here goes:

bfast: IP Shake & green tea (half a teaspoon of splenda)
snacks: boiled egg and half an english cucumber
lunch: IP shake & 2 cups of salad (dressing is my own I make, EVOO, vinegar and spices), 2 tsps.
snack p.m.: IP Bar
dinner: 5-8 oz of meat, 2 cups of veggies (this week I had xtra lean hamburger twice), one day I had a whole egg and 2 whites for dinner with my salad and veggies), yesterday I had rotisserie chicken and 2 cups of veggies)

Also I vary it, I may have 3 oz of meat and my salad with lunch and have my IP packet at night around 7:30 (I try not to eat pass 8 p.m.)
I think you have gotten lots of good advice here. Don't give up! I just wanted to add that someone on these boards mentioned once that they were having trouble losing and traced it back to rotisserie chicken. The store they were buying it from was injecting it with some pretty hi carb/fat solution. It might be worth a try if you cut that. I know that sometimes it seems my body has some strange reactions to different prepared foods.
Good luck!
jd447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #30  

hmmmm really? I eat rotisserie maybe once a week or every other week, I like the Costco ones the best and I peel every piece of skin off too.

I'm confused now lol. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm actually having a bit of rotisserie for lunch now with my salad