Old 01-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
Linden, I looked at that post and what I drink is closer to 4.5 liters. I thought the bottle I was drinking from was only 1 liter, but it's 1.5 so there's that. It's a lot more than I'm used to drinking anyway xD

Determinedat47; Well I'm nowhere near elderly so I'm sure I'll be fine. Maybe my bladder feels like it's going to burst sometimes, but it's okay. Drinking a lot of water makes me feel great.

Trinique; Good luck with your measuring and I hope you start to see results closer to the ones you would like!
thank you, like I said, I'm giving it one more week, if I don't lose next week I won't be back to waste my money. Good luck to you too
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #62  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Don't give up.
Junetwin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #63  

I don't want to June, I went in this with full intentions of sticking with it, especially since the holidays are over now, I was even more determined.

we'll see how it goes after my WI tomorrow and after I talk to my coach.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #64  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I'm sorry if I am not undertanding you. I am just going by what you say. Everytime someone has a suggestion based on what you have written that you eat, You then say but if I do "A", then I don't do "B". I'm sorry if I don't have a full grasp of what you are eating. Perhaps it is best for you to speak with your coach so that they can review your food journal and get the whole picture as to what you are eating everyday. If you truly are following the plan as it is written, then you may just be a slow loser. Those do exist!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I'm sorry if I am not undertanding you. I am just going by what you say. Everytime someone has a suggestion based on what you have written that you eat, You then say but if I do "A", then I don't do "B". I'm sorry if I don't have a full grasp of what you are eating. Perhaps it is best for you to speak with your coach so that they can review your food journal and get the whole picture as to what you are eating everyday. If you truly are following the plan as it is written, then you may just be a slow loser. Those do exist!
thanks I understand, communicating is hard on here at times, not enough time to type every thing I want to.
anyhow I've always been a slow loser so that's not new to me, but I thought the low carb way would shake things up for me, not sure now.
have a great weekend everyone and thanks so much for your suggestions.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #66  

Hey, no worries here. You know what you have to consider: Low carb has been working for you. Look at how far you've come in this short time. I truly think if you mix up some of your meals, you will start losing again. You are not the only one who has stalled and even the fastest losers have gained some weeks without cheating either. One more thing: And it probably isn't what is messing with you, but you need to think about it.... A whole egg has 6 carbs and 4 protein. This diet is high protein, low carb. Is an egg high protein, low carb? If you must eat a boiled egg, just eat the whites of 2 eggs instead of an entire one. And, eating the veggies with your restricted puts you at potentially eating 30 carbs in one sitting, depending on the vegetable. (I got the number 30 by adding carbs from the peanut butter chocolate bar and carbs of 1 cup of okra, that's what I had in bag form here, lol!) You really don't want to make a habit of that. Best of luck to you! I'm sure your coach will have some ideas for you to try too!
Old 01-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #67  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Hey, no worries here. You know what you have to consider: Low carb has been working for you. Look at how far you've come in this short time. I truly think if you mix up some of your meals, you will start losing again. You are not the only one who has stalled and even the fastest losers have gained some weeks without cheating either. One more thing: And it probably isn't what is messing with you, but you need to think about it.... A whole egg has 6 carbs and 4 protein. This diet is high protein, low carb. Is an egg high protein, low carb? If you must eat a boiled egg, just eat the whites of 2 eggs instead of an entire one. And, eating the veggies with your restricted puts you at potentially eating 30 carbs in one sitting, depending on the vegetable. (I got the number 30 by adding carbs from the peanut butter chocolate bar and carbs of 1 cup of okra, that's what I had in bag form here, lol!) You really don't want to make a habit of that. Best of luck to you! I'm sure your coach will have some ideas for you to try too!
Thanks, Paintlady, I learned a lot from reading all your posts on this. Didn't know eggs had so many carbs. But, the yolk of an egg has every vitamin and mineral you require with the exception of Vitamin C. I have chickens that I feed organic with extra omega 3. They taste so much better than store bought, even the organic store bought. I have 2 eggs on salad for dinner some times. But, I'm going to check the carb count I'm getting from all my foods. Also, I'm no longer using restricted IP.
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #68  

I have chickens too, RIR's, your basic generic layer, lol! I wanted to branch out and get some different ones this spring. I find my eggs taste a lot better than store bought as well, but wouldn't even know how to find out their nutritional value. What I gave for the eggs came from IP information pack that I got when I started phase 3. Your basic large egg has 6 carbs, 4 protein, 4 fat and 70 calories. 2 egg whites of large eggs have 1.5 carbs, 9 protein, 0 fat and 45 calories. Do you see why they are a better choice for this diet? Look how much protein vs. carbs and zero fat.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #69  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

Any time you want nutritional value of a food, you can google it. I'm glad I looked it up because the values IP gave were incorrect.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...products/111/2
The nutritional data is listed toward the bottom. The egg yolk is packed with everything a chicken needs to start life so, it's packed with nutrients. The egg white doesn't have much except protein.
1 large whole egg
calories 71
total fat 5
TTl Carbs 0
Protein 6g

1 large egg white
calories 16
total fat 0
TTl Carbs 0
Protein 4g

Last edited by sekc14; 01-13-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #70  

Ok what kind of eggs are you using Paint Lady? lol
My cartoon says one egg is 70 cals, 1 gram of carb, 6 grams of protein and 5 grams of fat.
I also ran that by my coach (eating an extra egg a day) and she said it was fine. Then again, I was losing those weeks, now that I"ve stalled she might say not to.

Last edited by Trinique125; 01-13-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #71  

also I must point out that I"ve had head and stomach pains on this diet, I HAVE to take a supplement if I want to have a BM and on top of it I often feel hungry.

hmmmm if I have to go through this plus spend 100 dollars each week and NOT lose weight there is another reason for me to do something else.

I was thinking of SB or Atkins

sorry I'm just a bit cynical at the moment
Old 01-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
Any time you want nutritional value of a food, you can google it. I'm glad I looked it up because the values IP gave were incorrect.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...products/111/2
The nutritional data is listed toward the bottom. The egg yolk is packed with everything a chicken needs to start life so, it's packed with nutrients. The egg white doesn't have much except protein.
1 large whole egg
calories 71
total fat 5
TTl Carbs 0
Protein 6g

1 large egg white
calories 16
total fat 0
TTl Carbs 0
Protein 4g
that sight shows a large egg has zero carbs
Old 01-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #73  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

If you look in the breakdown listed on the bottom half of the page, you'll see that calories from carbs is 1.6. It also says the analysis was done by the USDA. The discrepancy is that below a certain amount they round down. The information you found chose to round up. It's one of those 0 pts. WW thangs were you can eat 0s all day long but it adds up to something if you eat in large enough quantity. Same with some of the artificial sweeteners. That's why WF products are not truly 0s
Old 01-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #74  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinique125 View Post
I often feel hungry. hmmmm if I have to go through this plus spend 100 dollars each week and NOT lose weight there is another reason for me to do something else. I was thinking of SB or Atkins
I think we should do a survey to find out how many on IP feel hunger during the day and to what degree? I must admit I have hunger pain at times. But, I also was starting to believe, even before IP, that hunger pangs many times are psychological for me. I think some people have pain associated with hunger and others don't. Plus, if I'm feeling hunger pain and there's a great enough distraction, the hunger pangs go away.

Atkins diet is basically the same concept as IP but you get a lot of unhealthy fats in the foods that you eat. Although, some of the "unhealthy" fats have been found to repair kidney damage from diabetes. So, who knows? Many people are successful on Atkins. I tried it twice but couldn't do it.

In August I was so desparate to lose weight that I went on a fruit and veggy fast. I lost 6 lbs in 7 days but, I couldn't stay on it. I went vegetarian and began gaining the weight back. I realize now that I was eating too much fruit and that was preventing me from losing. I am soooooo glad I found IP. I don't care if I have hunger pangs, I'll have them anyway. Somehow though, without the carbs, I have a little more will power against the wrong foods. I've questioned to what degree I should consume carbs when I go into maintenance. I'm out-of-control when carbs are in my life. I couldn't even contain myself with caramel nut bars. So, I may have just discovered that I need a whole new way of dealing with food, that is, not eating refined carbs at all and limiting the low glycemic carbs.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #75  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

WOW my head is swimming with all of the post on this tread of try this, but not that and so on and so on. It sounds like you are doing everything right, but it also sounds like you could use another IP packet per day, or at least spread out your IP packets more so you don't get so hungry. I always eat my snack right before bedtime so I don't wake up starving in the morning. If your body goes into starvation mode then it will hold on to weight. However on this diet it can only hold on so long before it has to give. It's just about impossible not to loose on this plan. There just isn't enough calories to maintain.

Truthfully it just sounds like you are having a good old fashioned plateau because you mentioned that you have never weighed less then what you are now. It happened to my daughter too trying to get past a number on the scale that she had been at for awhile before the numbers on the scale started increasing (which brought her to IP). She plateaued for at least three weeks, but the coach told her to hang on and sure enough the following week the scale started to move again.

BTW we eat Costco BBQ here a lot too with all of the skin removed. I don't think that is your problem.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote