Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #46  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Today I am cleaning out my refrigerator and pantry from all the stuff my son didn't get around to eating while he was home on leave. He left a few days ago and while home wanted certain things he usually doesn't have in his barracks room. I can't wait to see all this stuff gone and a nice clean and 'mangaged" frig again. But I had to laugh as he said they were all being weighed the day after they got back from leave. Only the Marines!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 170/155/130

Height: 5'7"

Oh my, so week one (on re-starting) & yesterday was the WORST. On monday I came down with horrible 24hr stomach bug that I managed to get rid of, but left me with a nasty cold My boyfriend avoided me like the plague, but unfortunately he got it yesterday & lets just say, men are FAR bigger babies then us woman are (jk, well kinda ) And, even my little yorkie was throwing up?! I feel like my apartment is one BIG GERM. For some reason last night I was beyond starving even after I had my favorite bar! but I stayed strong, so I'm proud of myself. I'm hoping for a better day today ....

Hope everyone has a great weekend ; Nothing Tastes As Good As Skinny Feels !!!

P.S loving the new Mango drink !! 8-)

Last edited by lroderick; 01-06-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #48  
Started IP 11/28/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzledmom04 View Post
Morning everyone. Well I knew I had a better week with all the running around for the holidays over but i never expected this good.WI #13 and 7.4 lbs and 5.5 inches! I had to get on the scale again because I couldn't believe the # I saw. haven't seen that since before I was married! I am loving this program. So all you newbies, stick with it!!!! The rewards and benefits are totally worth it.
Wow!! Congrats! Way to go!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #49  
Started IP 11/28/2011

Default Pamelama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Had some significant "intestinal issues" yesterday, ie stomach cramps in the a.m. and several trips to the bathroom. The only thing I did that was different was eat the IP choc chip cookie the night before. I'm wondering if that was it? Anyone else have issues with the cookie? (btw, as far as choc chip cookies go, that did NOT satisfy a cookie lover, so I won't order again).

The other side effect of my morning discomfort was that I was in a constant state of hunger all day. I roasted a chicken last night and wolfed down 8oz like it was nothing. Feel much better today, thank goodness.

Rewarding myself today with a facial at a spa

Everyone have a happy Friday!

Pam
I have had the choc chip cookie with no problems. It certainly isn't the greatest but with a cup of tea it was ok.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #50  
Started IP Oct 11, 2011

S/C/G: 260/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Good morning all!!! WI today for me and I'm anxious to see what the numbers say! Gonna ask to get measured today too!! Almost at my 3 month mark and I want to see where I am!!! Hope everyone has a great OP day and a great OP weekend!!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #51  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimup2day View Post
Woo hoo, I'm at day 6 as well. It is great to feel well again!!!

Good luck with your weigh in! Sorry to hear the salt is an issue for you.
Congrats on reaching day 6 It's all uphill from here! Good luck and stay strong!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #52  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Replied and posted you a question Yay for having the fog lift!! Today is day 5 for me and I'm feeling the same thing. I haven't had the issue with sodium that you mentioned, but in the past when I have had bad issues with water retention I have had to up my water intake to counteract it. How much are you drinking a day? If you're close to the minimum of 64oz you might look at increasing it.
It does feel great to finally feel good. I knew it would happen based on what everyone here and my coach has said. I am drinking 64-72oz of water per day plus what I get in a large mug of herbal tea. Sodium has always been a problem for me and have spent my life doing what I can to eat lower sodium foods. I also take meds for it and that's not helping. I am going to have faith that everything will balance out and taljk to my coach tomorrow at WI.

Thanks for the support and good luck
Old 01-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #53  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
WI#2 today and I'm down another 6lbs! SO EXCITED to see results! Thanks everyone for the support and motivation!
Congrats. You lost exactly what I lost the first two weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
Hi Everyone,

I've been living on here the past day or two--it's getting me through the doldrums. It's my 5th week (ends next Tue) and I am not hitting a wall, just kind of blah.
It's happened to me too at times on this diet when I feel like I have so far to go and how will I get through it. I then remind myself to just take it day by day and I always remember what I told myself when I started IP, "I can do anything for a year."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post

I am having an issue with the sodium though. I am very sodium sensitive and find my feet are quite swollen by days end. Even my toes get a bit swollen depending on what I eat. I looked up the nutritional information and was amazed with the amount of sodium in some of the products. My coach said I will balance out but I am worried this will not happen. Has anyone else been through this?

I had major issues with water retention when I started this diet. For a time I even gave up the soups and egg packets because of their high sodium content. I also gave up the sea salt, which my coach approved of as long as I wasn't getting dizzy at any time during the day. Now that I've lost 50 pounds the water retention issue is a lot better and I can eat the soup once again without my ankles blowing up like a balloon. Also when I was having these issues an increase in water didn't help me at all, it was lowering the salt in my diet and loosing more weight was what finally helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
I've been OP and swimming laps, walking, and staying very active. I'm hungry during the day and not losing. I used ketostix last night and this morning and I'm in mild ketosis. I should be having a major calorie deficit and see the scale move. Has anyone else had this? I am a slow loser even when I was 30. Did a very restricted diet with an hour of exercise per day minimum and only lost avg 5 lbs per month. I was a very fit size 12 at 160 lbs and could play tennis for hours, bike, and workout all in a day. I was so excited to see big numbers in the beginning but I'm afraid it's going to stay slow now. Anyone else have this experience?
When I started doing cardio on this diet my weight slowed, my lean muscle mass went down and my body fat went up. My coach did tell me that whenever you exercise to have protein right before and as soon as you are done working out. Now I just do some light strength training every other day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
Hello everyone!!

The IP puddings are amazing! There's so much pudding per packet, and it actually fills me up...awesome! Its day 3, and I'm starting to go through carb withdrawl...I can feel it. I'm just hoping I'll start ketosis soon so I can start losing!

A question-is mustard from a container (French's mustard) okay? We were told at the open house that anything with 0 carbs, fats, and sugars was okay to use, but I just wanna check with y'all. Also, what are these "miracle noodles" that people have been talking about? Can they be used in IP for phase 1?

I hope everyone has a fantasical OP day!!
My coach insist I eat the jello every other night for the collagen, but on the other nights I always eat the vanilla pudding with some cinnamon in it ( I make a milk shake out of it). My daughter who is also on this plan has become a mustardaholic since starting IP. Now we go through mustard in this house like crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Hey Everyone!

DAY FIVE OVER HERE! And holy cow, I feel great?! I'm not even hungry. I think I may forget to eat ?

I struggled last night when I was in front of such good food.. But today I woke up and my husband had a tray of pizza in the fridge from his dinner last night. (Now this is embarrassing to admit) BUT normally if i woke up and saw a tray of pizza in the fridge, i would eat a slice or two for BREAKFAST! What in the freaking world was i thinking? So, the thought to grab a slice didn't even cross my mind. If this is the way the rest of the days on this diet will go... I think I might be ALRIGHT!
Ketosis is a beautiful thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post

I asked a question late last night about the vitamins/supplements, but no one has said anything about it. If no one knows for sure j guess I can bug a pharmacist and see I they could help me..
I only buy the potassium pills from IP now.With two of us on the diet here in my house it was just getting too expensive. I now buy my supplements either online through Amazon or at Costco. I just found equivalents to the IP supplements.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

I've not started this yet (not enough $$$) but I think the hardest thing for me will be resisting the urge to eat what the rest of my family is eating. We don't have a lot of money, and I have four younger siblings, so there's a lot of junk in the house.

My typical day in the realm of food goes like this:
B: Whatever I can find in the kitchen. Usually an egg sandwich.
L: Ramen noodles, hot pocket, pizza bagels or a sandwich.
D: Lately mom orders pizza a lot. Sometimes we have homecooked meals but it's junk most of the time.
Snacks: Whatever I can get my hands on.

I can't exactly get rid of everything I can't eat, so this will be tough. Also, resisting the urge to weigh myself every day will be an issue. I like to see results and step on the scale anytime I'm near it. x.x I might just not weigh myself but once a month.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaliayosa View Post
Weighed in today after returning from vacation. Just placed an order from ideal to go. I am up 15 pounds since September. Went off track after surgery, then the holidays hit and bam! I am jumping back on today. I can't wait to have energy again, and start losing. So yeah, I'm back. I was just a few pounds to goal back in September, but didn't phase off properly. Lesson learned.
Don't beat yourself up over this. You are back on IP and that is what matters. I did phase off for a vacation and gained 6 pounds, however I have already lost 4 of them my first week back OP and the week isn't over yet.
Welcome back.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #56  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

2riderrollercoaster: What's the name of the book?
Old 01-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the response Dana... Have you found an equivalent for the multi vitamin and cal mags? What are they called -- brand...?
Old 01-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #58  
IP start Jan 3, 2012

S/C/G: 236/224.0/150

Height: 5'6

Good morning! I was having a ton of energy yesterday (day 3) and I was only hungry around 5 pm which a cup of hot green tea definitely took care of. Today I woke up just as energized so I checked with strips and I am in ketosis I just planning on cruising along 100% OP until goal. I have cheated on other plans and it is too hard to get back on. I think this is a great group b/c the main message I have picked up on is DO NOT CHEAT!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #59  
IP start Jan 3, 2012

S/C/G: 236/224.0/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
Thanks for the response Dana... Have you found an equivalent for the multi vitamin and cal mags? What are they called -- brand...?
Naturemade on amazon are very close to IP. They come in a 3-pack. I have just been using a multivitamin that I had before b/c it has similiar ingredients and I hate to not use up what I already had.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Great Dana!! Thank you so much!! (and just to be sure, it hasn't slowed or stalled your weight-loss ?) I really appreciate it
Closed Thread