Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #16  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Both my kids are sick, so it's off to the doctor for us. I hope that everyone has a good day OP.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #17  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
I've been OP and swimming laps, walking, and staying very active. I'm hungry during the day and not losing. I used ketostix last night and this morning and I'm in mild ketosis. I should be having a major calorie deficit and see the scale move. Has anyone else had this? I am a slow loser even when I was 30. Did a very restricted diet with an hour of exercise per day minimum and only lost avg 5 lbs per month. I was a very fit size 12 at 160 lbs and could play tennis for hours, bike, and workout all in a day. I was so excited to see big numbers in the beginning but I'm afraid it's going to stay slow now. Anyone else have this experience?
It's no wonder you're not losing, giving your level of activity and lack of calories. Your body's holding on to everything it possibly can to sustain itself. And if you're mucking out a stall on top of that. . . . Didn't you coach give you some instructions sheets that emphasized no exercise for at least the first two weeks and mild exercise after that? Can you discuss what you're doing with the coach and see if he/she can make adjustments, give you some good advice?
Old 01-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #18  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
It's no wonder you're not losing, giving your level of activity and lack of calories. Your body's holding on to everything it possibly can to sustain itself. And if you're mucking out a stall on top of that. . . . Didn't you coach give you some instructions sheets that emphasized no exercise for at least the first two weeks and mild exercise after that? Can you discuss what you're doing with the coach and see if he/she can make adjustments, give you some good advice?
Hello,

I wanted to say the same exact thing! There is no wonder you're not losing. Your body will hold on to the fat instead of losing it at the level of exercise you're doing and with the very few calories you're taking.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I've been OP and swimming laps, walking, and staying very active. I'm hungry during the day and not losing. I used ketostix last night and this morning and I'm in mild ketosis. I should be having a major calorie deficit and see the scale move. Has anyone else had this? I am a slow loser even when I was 30. Did a very restricted diet with an hour of exercise per day minimum and only lost avg 5 lbs per month. I was a very fit size 12 at 160 lbs and could play tennis for hours, bike, and workout all in a day. I was so excited to see big numbers in the beginning but I'm afraid it's going to stay slow now. Anyone else have this experience?
Don't sweat it, I am the QUEEN of slow losing, but I lost 35 lbs in 5 months on IP and am back to lose 15 -20 more. Many people doubled my loss in that amount of time, oh well, it is what it is. Stay with it and you will be so Happy you did! I guarantee it

Day 6 of restart and the headache is barely there, by tomorrow I should be wonderful (Yeah, its my 54th birthday)
Old 01-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #20  

Quote:
Maybe it's because you are building muscle? Have you measured yourself to see if you are loosing inches? or noticed a difference in how your close fit?
Old 01-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #21  

Happy Birthday Bellamack!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 185/163/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Good morning everyone! I'm at day 6 and the fog has lifted I feel really good today and am thankful I found my way to this program. My first WI is tomorrow morning and I am excited to see what I've lost.

I am having an issue with the sodium though. I am very sodium sensitive and find my feet are quite swollen by days end. Even my toes get a bit swollen depending on what I eat. I looked up the nutritional information and was amazed with the amount of sodium in some of the products. My coach said I will balance out but I am worried this will not happen. Has anyone else been through this?

Woo hoo, I'm at day 6 as well. It is great to feel well again!!!

Good luck with your weigh in! Sorry to hear the salt is an issue for you.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Question

Hello everyone!!

The IP puddings are amazing! There's so much pudding per packet, and it actually fills me up...awesome! Its day 3, and I'm starting to go through carb withdrawl...I can feel it. I'm just hoping I'll start ketosis soon so I can start losing!

A question-is mustard from a container (French's mustard) okay? We were told at the open house that anything with 0 carbs, fats, and sugars was okay to use, but I just wanna check with y'all. Also, what are these "miracle noodles" that people have been talking about? Can they be used in IP for phase 1?

I hope everyone has a fantasical OP day!!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Hey Everyone!

DAY FIVE OVER HERE! And holy cow, I feel great?! I'm not even hungry. I think I may forget to eat ?

I struggled last night when I was in front of such good food.. But today I woke up and my husband had a tray of pizza in the fridge from his dinner last night. (Now this is embarrassing to admit) BUT normally if i woke up and saw a tray of pizza in the fridge, i would eat a slice or two for BREAKFAST! What in the freaking world was i thinking? So, the thought to grab a slice didn't even cross my mind. If this is the way the rest of the days on this diet will go... I think I might be ALRIGHT!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Hey Everyone!

DAY FIVE OVER HERE! And holy cow, I feel great?! I'm not even hungry. I think I may forget to eat ?

I struggled last night when I was in front of such good food.. But today I woke up and my husband had a tray of pizza in the fridge from his dinner last night. (Now this is embarrassing to admit) BUT normally if i woke up and saw a tray of pizza in the fridge, i would eat a slice or two for BREAKFAST! What in the freaking world was i thinking? So, the thought to grab a slice didn't even cross my mind. If this is the way the rest of the days on this diet will go... I think I might be ALRIGHT!
I would do the exact same thing! Sometimes I even had three slices. Day 5 sounds awesome for you! Congrats!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
I would do the exact same thing! Sometimes I even had three slices. Day 5 sounds awesome for you! Congrats!
Emily ~ Don't forget about the hormone issues with IP. You really want to watch your BC because you can become extremely fertile. Not to be too pushy just heads up. You may also have your period change while the body adjusts to the diet. Glad to hear you are doing better with the foods. I love the choc and butterscotch pudding with cinnamon on them (thanks to Wuv's advice ) Have a great OP day!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #27  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley1321 View Post
Hi there!
I am new-ish here..was on IP faithfully for 12 weeks..lost 33lbs..not sure what happened but IP went out the window..a little self sabotage on my part it happens..but I am back on..hopefully for the last time!
Day 3..I forgot the headache..lol..hopefully wont last too much longer!
Have a great day ladies and thanks for all the posts that show the light at the end of tunnel
At least you are back with your head back in the right place for success. You can do it and you WILL do it!....do the salt trick for your headache, and it should be gone in 15-20 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
WI#2 today and I'm down another 6lbs! SO EXCITED to see results! Thanks everyone for the support and motivation!
Great Job!!...you are headed in the right directions...those first fee days were worth it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
Hi Everyone,

I've been living on here the past day or two--it's getting me through the doldrums. It's my 5th week (ends next Tue) and I am not hitting a wall, just kind of blah. Yesterday, I felt so hungry, maybe it's because TOM is on its way out of town, I don't know. I tested and am still in ketosis, so at least that's a plus. I just feel like I want this to go faster or that I want to see more of a result. I know this is all in my head and I know that I am doing well, but when I think that I will be on phase 1 for a few more months, UGH. This morning, I tried on all of my jeans again, which I've been doing weekly for encouragement since I don't know how much I weigh. I should be happy that I fit into ones I haven't fit into for 2 years and that the ones that were new and always a little too tight are now getting to be wearable. I just want to sail through that size and go on to the next. I know it's a matter of 2 or 3 weeks before I accomplish that, and I just want them to fly by or wake up and be there already! I love looking at everyone's photos and tickers and recipes and posts--they are really getting me through. My fiance thinks I'm great and is telling me how proud he is, which feels good. I'm just having a bout of impatience right now. The good thing is, I am not tempted to cheat. I just want these days to go by more quickly :-)
I have been on phase 1 for 35 weeks now, stop and think about that for a minute. It really isn't so bad and its not forever just for the time being to train you to be able to live the life you want too ....healthy. Patience is a will pay off, never rush, soak up the information you will learn, you will be so glad you did

Quote:
How many packets are you eating a day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
Hello everyone!!

The IP puddings are amazing! There's so much pudding per packet, and it actually fills me up...awesome! Its day 3, and I'm starting to go through carb withdrawl...I can feel it. I'm just hoping I'll start ketosis soon so I can start losing!

A question-is mustard from a container (French's mustard) okay? We were told at the open house that anything with 0 carbs, fats, and sugars was okay to use, but I just wanna check with y'all. Also, what are these "miracle noodles" that people have been talking about? Can they be used in IP for phase 1?

I hope everyone has a fantasical OP day!!
Yes, you can have mustard. Yes, Miracle noodles can be eaten on Phase 1 they are 0/0/0. Can be found near the Tofu area in the produce section usually.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #28  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Don't sweat it, I am the QUEEN of slow losing, but I lost 35 lbs in 5 months on IP and am back to lose 15 -20 more. Many people doubled my loss in that amount of time, oh well, it is what it is. Stay with it and you will be so Happy you did! I guarantee it

Day 6 of restart and the headache is barely there, by tomorrow I should be wonderful (Yeah, its my 54th birthday)
Happy Birthday!!

I'm only swimming laps for 30 mins, about half mile so it's not a real hard workout. I'm hiking on weekends and riding too but only a few miles. The hour dailyworkouts were when I was 32 and dieting. It just seems like the body would have to burn fat for fuel without carbs? I do feel stronger and more agile. I need to swim as it alleviates arthritic pain. Either swim or pay $65 for a massage to deal with pain.

I should paste some links I've found about ketosis. One says that articulate sweeteners can interfere with ketosis.

Maybe I'm kin to the air plant and can exist on nothing?! Lol
Old 01-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Hey Everyone!

So glad to hear that you are having a better day. It is amazing how it just sort of "happens" one day. You can definitely do this! I don't have cravings at all. I will admit there are times where the old habit of social eating tends to creep up but it goes away. For example ~ My families favorite meal is BBQ pizza and I would always eat everyones crust that they didn't (I know sad isn't it) anyways the other night I made it for the fam and I almost reached out for the crust out of habit but I wasn't craving it. Does that make sense? Just wanted to give you a "Happy Day" cheer for getting over the first hump. You are worth it!
~Aimee
Old 01-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #30  

I just restarted (day 5 today) and I've lost 8 pounds. That was all I wanted to lose as that's what I put on during the holidays (shame on me!). Just wondering, since I'm only doing Phase 1 for 5 days, should I do Phase 2 and 3 for one day each before moving on to Phase 4? My coach said that if I did Phase 1 for 2 weeks I should do Phase 2/3 for 2 days each, but I figured if it was only 5 days maybe 1 day of each would be enough to re-introduce the extra calories? Thanks!
Closed Thread