Old 01-21-2011, 02:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default IP Daily Chat Friday, Jan 21, 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Here is a link back to yesterday's conversation:

daily chat Jan. 20, 2011
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:02 AM   #2  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Well, I am returning after a break, xtmas, new years and vacation to top it off, I have gained back 7lb and I'm planning to lose them by next friday... I am planning to stick to the program until I reach my goal, I have schedule the appointment with my new coach (my other coach wasn't that motivated I guess) - there are not holidays neither vacations so cheating is not allowed to me. Just wanted to say all this aloud so it will be like a promise to myself to hold me accountable.
In another note, a co-worker has joined the IP program, and I am so happy to hear her saying that I was her inspiration to join the program, this makes me come back stronger than ever.
Good luck to all of you and thank you very much for your support, I means a lot to me! Have a great day!
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Good morning! We have more snow in WV and our 10th snow day for our schools. I am so ready for spring. But...I also love the snow. It is just beautiful. I just hate for people to have to drive on the slick roads.
Have a wonderful day!
tle
tle1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:30 AM   #4  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Another snow day here in New Jersey. Should be cleared out by this afternoon. Then then cold is coming in. I am so ready for Spring as well!

I hope everyone has a great day today and looking forward to hearing about everyones NSV's and losses today.
Beachbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung View Post
Well, I am returning after a break, xtmas, new years and vacation to top it off, I have gained back 7lb and I'm planning to lose them by next friday... I am planning to stick to the program until I reach my goal, I have schedule the appointment with my new coach (my other coach wasn't that motivated I guess) - there are not holidays neither vacations so cheating is not allowed to me. Just wanted to say all this aloud so it will be like a promise to myself to hold me accountable.
In another note, a co-worker has joined the IP program, and I am so happy to hear her saying that I was her inspiration to join the program, this makes me come back stronger than ever.
Good luck to all of you and thank you very much for your support, I means a lot to me! Have a great day!
Good for you, getting back on track. And how exciting that a co-worker is now doing the program! You can be IP buddies and share all you have learned. Now you can have support through the boards and in person. Make sure you tell them about 3FC. I am doing this with my husband, daughter and son-in-law. It is much easier when there is someone with whom you can share recipes, successes and frustrations. A bonus is that we can also exchange packets, if there is something we don't care for. There are several people in our small town on IP and it's comforting to have community support as well as cyberspace support!
rox824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/212/150

Height: 5'2''

Good Morning fellow chickadees! Have a blessed day!
Sm824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #7  
Donna

S/C/G: 207/195.4/130

Height: 5'2''

Happy Friday Everybody. Hope everbody has a great weekend and stays on track!
bianchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Did my WI#3 this morning. Only down 1 lbs which is ok as I am TOM. Feeling great and still working the protocol.

foreveryoung - way to get back in the game!!

Have a great day everyone.
jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Did my WI#3 this morning. Only down 1 lbs which is ok as I am TOM. Feeling great and still working the protocol.

foreveryoung - way to get back in the game!!

Have a great day everyone.
Yes thats ok...you keep looking forward and next week you will be smiling...
stay focused...Great Job...

JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

I really do feel like dancing like this silly little carrot this morning...
I'm so happy about my weight loss journey and how much better
my body is feeling...
Hope everyone stays looking ahead with excitement and determination...
We can do this....

JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #11  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

After reading on here the other day about measuring your veggies, before or after cooking, I figured out that I have been eating too much of them since August. After all this time! I've been eating two cups of cooked at meals! I emailed me coach to make sure it was precooked measurement that we go by and yes it is. One question though.....if I'm in a hurry and open a can of spinach, how much of that should I have? I usually eat the whole can which now I realize is not correct. I try not to used canned but sometimes I have limited options. I've been told fresh, frozen, then canned in that order. Some coaches say no canned.
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #12  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone! Have a nice day today!!
Lilly0618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #13  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Good morning everyone! It is -29C in NW Ontario this morning and I just had to drive my kids and a few more to school since none of the busses are running. BRRRR!

I had my WI yesterday and discovered the scale did not move. I believe the reason for that is because I tried to cut costs by using Atkins shakes and bars. Unfortunately not a good choice. Lesson learned and a new week has begun! Hope everyone has a good day!
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

YAY everyone is in such a good mood today! This is helping me cause there is a PILE of assorted candies that I LOVE LOVE LOVE and of course they are right on the fileing cabinet that i see anytime i get up from my cubicle. Having a hard time today doing the out of focus thing that i do to keep them a bit more distant from my reality. GOING TO STAY STONG!!! saw my scale at home go down 1.5 for this week this morning so that really helps. I ended up skipping 2 c up veggies with dinner cause i wasn't feeling like i could keep my carb count low enough if i had them. Think i will be adding a lot more fresh spinach to my salads now and prob celery too. i have been eatin a lot of frozen spinach that i measure out but like was stated earlier with the canned spinach...i am probably eating too much AND a lot higher carb count than i thought.
I had fish last night thanks to all the suggestions yesterday. and i actually enjoyed it!!!! spicyness definitely hides the fishy flavor. so thank you everyone for those suggestions.
Going to a friends for dinner tonight. she is making brisket. i have STRESSED no sugar no carbs so i am hoping that things will turn out just right for me to enjoy dinner with friends. I told her worse case let me know and i can just eat before which is totally fine. I will bring a packet too just incase there are other temptations there. That way I can have my evening snack if i need to.

HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!
amber2beme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #15  

Height: 5'4.5

I have been having an extremely hard time sticking to any diet. This past attempt was my first time making it to 7 consecutive days...ever! It always comes down to lack of willpower, laziness after working "so hard" to stay on diet, plan, etc, or a "good excuse" like a birthday WEEK to cheat (and it's not even my birthday :P). IP is one of the easiest diets ever thunk up. Any temptations or cheats I could totally "justify" in my mind may not completely derail me, but they do lead me off course and cause a pile up effect. There are no excuses worth not achieving my goals.

My 5 Mantras:

1. I am not a quitter. I am made of more than that.

2. I am worth the temporary food sacrifices to improve my health and lifestyle. (This is a big one for me. I keep double guessing my diet going "well, they are dieting and losing weight and eating donuts...", but they aren't me! I can't eat only 1 donut :P)

3. The same old excuses and downfalls are holding me back and blocking me from success. So why give up so easily? Put up a fight!

4. I am strong enough to achieve my goals and dreams.

5. I am worthy of love and I need to learn to love and respect myself.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
losingitbaby is offline   Reply With Quote