Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #196  
Giniwarrior

S/C/G: 238/178/155

Height: 5'5"

The wind is horrendous today. Gusts up to 90 miles an hour. Lot of bluster for so little snow. Just received my shipment of Toranis sugar free syrup and have some favorites already. Making Italian sodas with club soda and syrup. I am curious though. Is it okay to have a diet soda once in awhile?
Old 11-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #197  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giniwarrior View Post
The wind is horrendous today. Gusts up to 90 miles an hour. Lot of bluster for so little snow. Just received my shipment of Toranis sugar free syrup and have some favorites already. Making Italian sodas with club soda and syrup. I am curious though. Is it okay to have a diet soda once in awhile?
NOOOOO.......

WHY IS DIET SODA DISCOURAGED DURING IDEAL PROTEIN DIET?

Very interesting insights from the "Ideal Protein Nova Blog". There is a science behind why this diet works and the things you can do to take best advantage of it.

All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT recommended on the diet. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid/base regulation. The protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other "protein type diets." Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain a lot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body's bicarbonate buffering system. This goes for diet soda's too, particularly the brown ones.

Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. This protocol provides so many health benefits besides weight loss, it would be a shame to compromise some of the benefits by consuming these products. Also- remember, an extra cup of water for every coffee you drink!

So what CAN you drink? Drink unsweetened Herbal Tea. Add 2 bags to a large pitcher (1.5 liter) or container and seep for about 10 minutes. Use a funnel to pour into an empty 1.5 liter plastic soda bottle. I usually make 3-4 batches in one night of different flavours, so there is a wide variety of choice throughout the week. It also helps you crave drinking more.

‎1. "Aspartame" is the sweetener which Ideal Protein recommends cutting out from your other foods. The reason why is that your body can react to it like sugar, spiking your insulin. (at a certain amount.) So Crystal Light (made with nutri sweet) is not recommended. There is something in the US/Canada called MIO which you add to water which is recommended.
2. Cascade Ice wont work because there are fruit juices in it (Pear Juice concentrate).
‎3. Yes, you can add Stevia, Splenda, Truvia or other approved sweeteners to your tea. However, note that the sweeteners do have carbs in them and are not "free". Adding one packet (like a coffee sweetener size) to 1.5 liters of iced herbal tea is usually enough to sweeten it without worry. However, i drink the iced herbal teas with no sweetener and dont miss it.
‎4. Carbonation is not the problem... you can have sparkling water. However, some find that cutting out all carbonation helps with bloating/gas.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #198  

Default Diet coke

I am doing IP as my husbands office is considering carrying it. Wuv...wish you were here and you could be a coach in my husbands office.

So I am doing IP through TOm Kovac who trains and opens new centers. When I asked him about diet coke he said a couple in a week would not affect my weight loss. I also copied amd sent him the post wuv posted about why not Diet coke on IP, he said the information sounded right but that having a couple diet cokes in a week would not be why I did not lose for three weeks.

I agree it is not something we should probably have but it is not the end of the world if we have one every once in a while. but for some it is probably easier just to stay away from it altogether. He also shared that some people who have a real addiction to diet coke, they wen them off slowly versus cold turkey.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Got the Blah's today. Have plenty to do but don't want to do it.
Hope everyone's weekend is going well.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #200  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby View Post
I am doing IP as my husbands office is considering carrying it. Wuv...wish you were here and you could be a coach in my husbands office.

So I am doing IP through TOm Kovac who trains and opens new centers. When I asked him about diet coke he said a couple in a week would not affect my weight loss. I also copied amd sent him the post wuv posted about why not Diet coke on IP, he said the information sounded right but that having a couple diet cokes in a week would not be why I did not lose for three weeks.

I agree it is not something we should probably have but it is not the end of the world if we have one every once in a while. but for some it is probably easier just to stay away from it altogether. He also shared that some people who have a real addiction to diet coke, they wen them off slowly versus cold turkey.
To me if I was to have a diet coke it would be like me taking a bite or a nibble here and there. I have stuck to the sheet and it can be done without the diet coke, I would have 2-3 20oz bottles a day, I would drink that instead of eat. Sometimes I miss it and I know one day i will have it again but right now its a no no for me Thanks for letting us know what your coach said, it is much appreciated that is for sure. I am still looking into opening my own clinic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
Got the Blah's today. Have plenty to do but don't want to do it.
Hope everyone's weekend is going well.
Ut oh Ryuu, its just the beginning of winter and you already got the winter blues? that isn't good!!.....you will get through it though, take a break and start later that always works for me...hahah
Old 11-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
If your headache persist do the 1/2tsp of sea salt in the palm of your hand, lick it then drink water...10-15 mins GONE!!....You have to experiement with your food....use different seasonings, add flavoring, extracts!!....there is a thread for fun with packets I will find it and bump it for you!!

THANKS Wuv, this is a big help!

I did take that walk and decided to use my pedometer to track my steps daily. I was doing that for a while, but it went by the wayside.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

wow i am tired, fell asleep cuddling with the pups and still tired. LOL hope everyone else is having a restful weekend.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #203  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Sometimes I miss it and I know one day i will have it again but right now its a no no for me
Ditto. Part of what I'm trying to teach myself is that I have the power over food and food will not control me. Obviously I let that happen for far to long and IP has allowed me to prove to myself that I can look at anything and pull a Nancy Regan and "Just Say No" thanks.

Quote:
Thanks for letting us know what your coach said, it is much appreciated that is for sure. I am still looking into opening my own clinic.
Kudos for you, hope you follow your dream if that's what you want. I do think the best coaches are those that have been on IP and stuck it out.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #204  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Guy View Post
Ditto. Part of what I'm trying to teach myself is that I have the power over food and food will not control me. Obviously I let that happen for far to long and IP has allowed me to prove to myself that I can look at anything and pull a Nancy Regan and "Just Say No" thanks.

Kudos for you, hope you follow your dream if that's what you want. I do think the best coaches are those that have been on IP and stuck it out.
Thanks
Old 11-20-2011, 02:00 PM   #205  

Happy Sunday everyone!!...Looks like it has been a busy weekend for everyone, the boards have been really quiet!!
Old 11-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #206  

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Happy Sunday everyone!!...Looks like it has been a busy weekend for everyone, the boards have been really quiet!!
Yep - you said it. Lots to do this weekend, and try to get some work in besides. Getting ready for the upcoming holidays. I did fit a little shopping in yesterday and bought a new outfit in a smaller size. Yeah! Needed a sweater with the cold weather here.

Hope all of you have a wonderful remainder of the weekend.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 175/142.6/138

Height: 5'5

Anyone tried the Novo-Cleanse? My coach suggested it but i was going to hold off until my next appointment which is Dec 1. Is it work the $80?
Old 11-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #208  
Giniwarrior

S/C/G: 238/178/155

Finally got my avatar work with my own pic. That was me in April down in Belize. I go scuba diving every year and next year I will need a lot less weight in my weight belt. Gulp!! Here comes Thanksgiving. We always take our trailers to the California coast. I have my meal planned out so that should help. Turkey, green beans steamed, cauliflower mashed and oatmeal packet muffin. Dessert will be vanilla pudding with sugar free pumpkin pie syrup. No wine sucks. But............need to keep my eye on the prize. Next year I can indulge a little:-)
Old 11-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #209  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi2010 View Post
Anyone tried the Novo-Cleanse? My coach suggested it but i was going to hold off until my next appointment which is Dec 1. Is it work the $80?
The opinion of the health professionals on this Forum -- waste of money and possibly bad for you health.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giniwarrior View Post
Finally got my avatar work with my own pic. That was me in April down in Belize. I go scuba diving every year and next year I will need a lot less weight in my weight belt. Gulp!! Here comes Thanksgiving. We always take our trailers to the California coast. I have my meal planned out so that should help. Turkey, green beans steamed, cauliflower mashed and oatmeal packet muffin. Dessert will be vanilla pudding with sugar free pumpkin pie syrup. No wine sucks. But............need to keep my eye on the prize. Next year I can indulge a little:-)
Hey Gini - Isn't Belize wonderful! I was there in 2010. Because of my shoulder problems I just snorkeled instead of scuba dive but I saw everything close up that my husband saw diving. It was fantastic. Last November we were in Australia at the Great Barrier Reef -(I did dive after a cortizone shot.) Big disappointment. We only had one day and perhaps we didn't get to a good location but nowhere near as good as Belize. I did have the bad shoulder fixed in January. We are going to Belize this January. Don't know if I'll dive or snorkel. had ear problems at the GBR.

Good luck everyone with Thanksgiving. I am always the cook. I think I will try to make a mashed cauliflower side dish. I am also going to have a planned cheat day - albeit a small one.
Closed Thread