Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #61  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
Happy Friday! Arrived home last night, it's so nice to sleep in your own bed. Really missed the family this trip. (Not that I don't other times, just more this trip) Was able to get some Xmas shopping done so I'm half way done for my kids, woo hoo.

I didn't WI with coach, but WI at home last night. Wondering if I should include that as a WI as my coach is unavailable next week for WI as well.

I was spoiled by my sister as I stay at her house while I come down for work. Veggies were all cut, washed etc. I just had to grab them and go. She showed me how to make the soups taste delicious, it was so yummy. And dinners were amazing as she is OP as well. It was AWESOME, thanks sis. I also introduced her family to the Big Mac In A Bowl recipe and they loved it.

Have a great OP weekend everyone!
So wonderful that you get to be with your sister and be OP together! What a great support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswinter View Post
Well, I wasn't expecting more than a pound lost this week due to TOM, but my clinic's scale showed a +.2. I'm not too concerned as I'm staying OP and my scale at home showed a 1 pound loss so I'm still on track. The weight fell off fast those first 4 weeks so I knew I'd slow down at some point! Next week should be another great loss.

Have our 2nd shower this weekend along with a birthday party so I will definitely have to prepare for those two events.

Have a great weekend!
Good job not being discouraged when the clinic scale showed a little gain. You are doing superb!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnhound1 View Post
Disappointed in my WI yesterday. UP 2.2#. .25 inches lost.

The lady who measured me (not my usual coach) measured REALLY loosely, not in the same place as my coach, and was VERY snotty about the gain.

This morning I was already down a pound. I don't know what was up other than WI was much later in the day and I'd had all kinds of water - and was wearing winter clothes. Next week I will try to be "lighter" in those areas.

I'll also be certain that if my regular coach can't measure me - I'll reschedule. Frustrating to say the least.

Congrats on everyone's losses and good luck with your challenges this weekend. Thing should be quiet around my house so I have no excuse for not sticking to protocol to the letter. (sometimes I don't get all my veggies.)

Last night I made mashed cauliflower. YUM!! My blender didn't work very well so they weren't quite the consistancy they should have been - but it was a very nice change from all the green veggies. - and I don't normally like cauliflower.

Trying to stay motivated...... the co-worker that was doing IP was phasing off (basically quitting) because she doesn't want to be so restricted. It was helpful to have someone doing it at the same time.
I agree about the clothing you wore. I wear the very same thing each week-yoga pants and a t-shirt. I wear a sweatshirt over but take it, shoes and all jewelry off before weighing in. You will get them next week! Would love your cauliflower recipe. I tried making them a few years ago and I didn't like them. Probably didn't season them correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmon1118 View Post
We had a generator but there's a gas crisis and we had mile long line just waiting to get gas so we haven't been running it very much. It's been quite the experience but if I can stay OP during this then I can handle anything!
Good job staying OP with all that going on. Explain the gas crisis-is it due to the storm? We are not seeing anything like that in the midwest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone View Post
I am freezing too, don't know what I will be like in the winter.

I was wondering about the Atkins bars you are using I would like to get some for my husband. I saw some at WalMart, some had nuts in them, and some were chocolate but the protein in the ones I saw were less than the IP ones. Which ones do you buy and are they good, he loves his chocolate. They also had Atkins chocolate and vanilla RTD shakes, they were $9.97 for 4 shakes, each one was 325 ml.
When I was doing alternatives this summer and what I buy for my son is Pure Protein bars. I get them at Walmart or Target. He loves the peanut butter choc ones and the brownie one (maybe called double fudge or double chocolate?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Just checking in real quick, I won't be on the boards til later tonight. I just got a call from my mom, my aunt with brain cancer isn't going to make it so I am meeting them in New Orleans. Its a 2 hr drive for them and a 1 hr drive for me. Hope everyone has a great day...
I am very sorry to hear about your Aunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
First, Take Care, Wuv!!! I hope things go as well as possible!

Second, just wanted to check in. I have had several NSVs the last two days. More than one person has commented that they think I have lost a lot of weight.

I am participating in the diet with alternatives and still cannot believe the success. I dropped below 170 today for the first time in YEARS. When I logged it into my Android app, (I weigh myself every day and record it. I know. I am obsessed.) I still couldn't believe it. I have been pinching myself all day! What a great way to end a week!

To all of you thinking about this diet, I know it has been said before, but it really DOES work! WooHoo!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Great job on the NSVs! I use myfitnesspal both online and on my Android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1962 View Post
NSV - I got a little off track last weekend with some wine...so today during lunch break from work i went to Old Navy and tried on a pair of jeans and a top. I was able to wear size 14 and i got a top in XL not XXL.
It gave me back alot of my motivation!! I bought the top as i have a reunion this weekend with my girlfriends from high school who i havent seen since last xmas! Definitely a motivator for those who are finding themselves a little IP's out once in a while, you dont have to buy, but trying on a smaller size is such a big motivator.
WTG! I went shopping too! It is very motivating and makes you want to stay on track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique06 View Post
I have had a crazy busy week and it doesn't seem like it will slow down anytime soon...Sis you look amazing , see you in another month! So glad we are doing this together

Wuv, I am sorry to hear about your aunt!!!

Congratulations on all the SV & NSV this week!

WI #3 was today for me, down 2.6 for a total of 16.5lbs . Feeling great, here goes week 4!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Great Weigh-in!! So nice you can share this journey with your sister!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 231.6/ticker/150

Height: 5"5

I am so glad it is Friday! Time to unwind a little. Maybe do some shopping. My scale is not moving, but I decided not to concentrate on that, and just keep following the program. I did not have my WI this week due to weather, so I am hoping to see some progress next week. I went to the gym today for some low intensity cardio. Hope that helps me.
I am getting very nervous about next week. My college buddy is coming to visit Thursday through Monday(we have not seen each other more than 20 years), so I am getting panicky about meals I will need to cook and me staying on IP. Also we will travel a lot(NY, Boston day trips), but I am more confident about being able to do well while on the road-ordered some bars and will take my shaker with me and plan on getting salads when eating out. I can do it!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #63  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
Holy hannah! I just edited my ticker and I've lost a total of 40lbs WOO HOO! Getting closer to goal every week.
Congrats and Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Just checking in real quick, I won't be on the boards til later tonight. I just got a call from my mom, my aunt with brain cancer isn't going to make it so I am meeting them in New Orleans. Its a 2 hr drive for them and a 1 hr drive for me. Hope everyone has a great day...
My sympathies go out to your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
Congratulations on the loss! you are doing awesome! I love this site too, so informative.

I had a hard day at work today, my vacation request for our Florida vacation was refused, tickets bought, house rented and paid for as well as universal tickets and the rental car. I spoke with my manager and she will try to get it accepted under theses circumstances. Had a heated discussion with my coach at work about her not really using constructive criticisms to motivate us , felt more like an attack, by the end it all worked out and we were both crying and on the same page. i'm really looking forward to my big mac in a bowl tonight and some tv time.

Have a great weekend everone! Congrats on all the SV and NSV's
Thanks. I hope you get your vacation time. That's a lot of wasted money and time if not.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

alexandallismom- Very glad you and coach seem to be better. It must feel better now that you talked about your feelings. I hope you get that family vacation you deserve.

thoughts and prayers with Wuv and the family.

Hope everyone had a great friday. I survived date night at Cinebistro and Timpano's. Eating healthy is so expensive but is so worth it! Veal chop & sauteed spinach for dinner! IT WAS YUMMY.

I am almost ashamed to say it, but I am SOOOO COLD! This diet has made me cold since day 8 probably. And I know it's only in the 50s here in Florida at night, but I can not thaw out. Sorry all you northern probably want me to shut up, but I am worried. I have no money to buy thinner winter clothes. I guess i'll be organizing my wardrobe tomorrow. Now I know what everyone else has gone through trying to give up old clothes. But if they are too big now, and we all DO NOT expect to go back to the bigger clothes, why should they take up space in our lives and closet.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:48 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
I had a hard day at work today, my vacation request for our Florida vacation was refused, tickets bought, house rented and paid for as well as universal tickets and the rental car. I spoke with my manager and she will try to get it accepted under theses circumstances.
Wow that really sucks! Hopefully they will make an exception considering everything is booked and paid for. I hope everything works out for you
Old 11-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #66  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Well I am back, my aunt is still hanging in there. So its just a waiting game at this point. I did post a new pic in my avatar, I NEVER wear a tight shirt like this one, always one that doesn't show "curves or bulges". When I put this one on and came out of my closet my son's mouth dropped to the floor and he said "DANG woman, now in THAT shirt you can see you have loss a lot of weight.".......haha...so I told him to snap a picture. We went out to eat tonight because I didn't come home in time to cook so I had an 8oz sirloin with broccoli and unsweet tea, was a treat that is for sure!!

Looks like everyone had a good Friday and a great start to the weekend!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 12:52 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/160

Height: 5 7"

Wuv sorry to hear about your aunt. On the other hand you look fantastic.

Had my fourth wi today down another 1.6 so happy! Now the real challenge takes place 5 days in a hotel for work and 10 days in newfoundland to see my folks. I can do it I know I can I want a great wi when I get back!
Old 11-05-2011, 01:08 AM   #68  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom22 View Post
Wuv sorry to hear about your aunt. On the other hand you look fantastic.

Had my fourth wi today down another 1.6 so happy! Now the real challenge takes place 5 days in a hotel for work and 10 days in newfoundland to see my folks. I can do it I know I can I want a great wi when I get back!
Thanks, Great job on the weigh in and it looks to me like you have your mind set on having a good return from your folks and work. Sounds like you have your goal set and don't want anything to come between you and it...that is great and you will be fine. Prepare that is the key
Closed Thread