Old 11-03-2011, 01:07 AM   #1  
alimperru

S/C/G: 177.7/173.3/135

Height: 65 inches

Exclamation First week , in need of advice !!

Hello , in on my third day of ip, I can't manage to gag down or be hungry enough for my last protein packet. So day 2 &3 I only took my breakfast and lunch packets ... I feel fine , except horrible liquid diarrhea (sorry ) . Is it going to affect my weight loss not eating the last packet ? Please help me ! My mentor did not provide a straight forward answer!
Alimperru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:25 AM   #2  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome to the forum and welcome to IP.

You need the protein in the packet to get the benefits of the diet, otherwise you risk your body going into starvation mode and not Ketosis. Takes a bit of time for your body to adjust to things. Are you getting in your full 4 cups of veggies and meat each day too? Obviously in a few days skipping a packet won't be a huge issue but in the long run its not a good idea. What times of the day are you having your packets/meals? Getting in all of your water?
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:46 AM   #3  

Height: 5'0"

I found it took awhile to get use to the packets and decide which ones I liked/didn't like. Being creative with them was key for me. I mix my orange drink and the vanilla pudding to make orange julius (showing my age). Or I'll make latte's with the cappucino. The chili I'll turn into cabbage patch soup. The cream soups I'm not too crazy about, but they're usuable in different recipes. Keep going, get your packets in. It will get better. I actually like packets that I didn't like at first. Good luck.
shelly ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:32 AM   #4  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

Definitely eat all 3 packets every day!! This is a very calorie restricted diet and you need to eat all that you're supposed to every day in order for your body to be in the fat burning zone. If not, it will go into starvation mode and that effects weight loss. Chin up! It gets better, you'll find your favorite packets with time and it will get easier.
TatiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #5  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I will add here, your third packet is your snack so you can eat it late at night like an hour or so before bedtime. That is when I have mine, but I do agree with the other posters it is VERY important to have that third packet!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #6  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

I also agree with all of the above... Make sure you are eating all of your packets... if you put yourself in starvation mode it would just be wasting money because you will NOT see the results that you want!! HAng in There... It WILL get better!!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #7  
alimperru

Default Thanks

Thanks! Ya I'm eating them 8am for breakfast, 1200 at lunch and then trying after dinner around 7-8 and have g the hardest time finishing them . I only eat half the packet . It makes me feel horrible. . I lost 4 lbs since Monday . But I feel my body going into starvation mode I think . I'm not hungry but I feel horrible .
Old 11-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #8  
alimperru

Cool

Yes I'm eatingmy 4 cups of veggies and one salad a day . I eat prob one extra ounce if my desirable protein but thats it . I havnt cheated . I'm prob not getting enough water though I'll work on it .
Old 11-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #9  
alimperru

Any ideas for the nasty snacks ( white cheddar ridges, pickle zips ?)
Old 11-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #10  
Restart March 2013

S/C/G: 209.7/205.4/150

Height: 5'9"

Have u tried having a bar or watering down the chocolate drink mix and mixing it with decaf coffee...I have the same problem at night so I started mixing my chocolate drink mix with some decaf(about 8oz) and drinking it warm...with a straw...Its like having a mocha before going to bed
bandsmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #11  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimperru View Post
Thanks! Ya I'm eating them 8am for breakfast, 1200 at lunch and then trying after dinner around 7-8 and have g the hardest time finishing them . I only eat half the packet . It makes me feel horrible. . I lost 4 lbs since Monday . But I feel my body going into starvation mode I think . I'm not hungry but I feel horrible .

Maybe you can spread out your veggies.. I know what I snack through out the day on my veggies... unless i have something planned with dinner... but that is just me!!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimperru View Post
You are probably not getting enough food in that is why you are feeling horrible. You are going a long time between lunch and dinner without food, try having your snack around 3-4pm and see if that helps out. You could use your "chips" as coating for your chicken for a "fried" chicken kind of texture. I personally stay away from those
Old 11-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
You are probably not getting enough food in that is why you are feeling horrible. You are going a long time between lunch and dinner without food, try having your snack around 3-4pm and see if that helps out. You could use your "chips" as coating for your chicken for a "fried" chicken kind of texture. I personally stay away from those
Always such great advice & suggestions to overcome challenges!

Wuv, question for you... when you said you "stay away from those", did you mean the zippers & other chippy type snacks? Because of the sodium? Or calories? I wondered about that. What do you tend to stick with?

I like the puddings, as they double for shakes (if using vanilla, I'll add WF strawberry syrup or caramel dip) and I love the lemon poppy seed bar and the carmel delight bar.
meant2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meant2b View Post
Always such great advice & suggestions to overcome challenges!

Wuv, question for you... when you said you "stay away from those", did you mean the zippers & other chippy type snacks? Because of the sodium? Or calories? I wondered about that. What do you tend to stick with?

I like the puddings, as they double for shakes (if using vanilla, I'll add WF strawberry syrup or caramel dip) and I love the lemon poppy seed bar and the carmel delight bar.
I don't really like them that is why I stay away from them and I don't feel like they are a meal. I usually stick to the bars for breakfast, pudding and usually the cappachino or the wildberry yoguart. This week I did something different and got the apple cinnamon puffs which are great
Old 11-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #15  
alimperru

Thanks so much it was very helpful ! Anything about the omlet? I'm nervous to try them . I like the bars and the chocolate drink and the oatmeal so far . But the chips , omlets for next week