Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 206/185/135

Height: 5'5"

I just finished Big Mac in a Bowl for dinner and I must say it is AMAZING! I can hardly believe it isn't forbidden it tasted so good! I felt like I was cheating and my husband even said it smelled just like a big mac. I will be having it again tomorrow night with the other half of the ground turkey I cooked. I didn't think the turkey took anything away from it either.

I also tried to find some rhubarb at the store but there was none. I was hoping to try to cook some up and use some WF strawberry syrup with it. Hopefully I can find some somewhere else.

My sixth WI is tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous. I didn't weigh myself today but I did yesterday and no change....and after I ate that big mac stuff I feel like I gained a few pounds....even though I know I didn't. I'll let you know how it went tomorrow night....have to get ready to watch Two and a Half Men soon. Have a good night everyone
Old 09-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #77  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined126 View Post
Hmmm! Hungry during week 4 or 5. I am in my fourth week and noticing I am much more hungry than normal. Is this usual?
I've seen several people here mention it. I felt like I was starving to death! Stomach growling hunger, only an hour after eating meals. It was kinda tough, but I drank lots of water, had hot tea, ate lettuce with lunch and dinner. I got through it and now I'm back to not being hungry again. *shrugs*
Old 09-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good Morning everyone, Since I just caught up on all the threads and its almost 1am here I decided to start the thread for Monday.

The wedding was amazing, everything was beautiful. No one really said anything about my weight loss but some of them had not seen me in years and didn't know how large I had gotten. Those that knew I was dieting commented on how good I looked so that was a good feeling. I stayed completely OP 100% the whole time and even helped set up the food table. I wasn't even tempted at all. I had a great time with my mom and didn't want to leave to come back here. I will go back next month I am sure if not sooner. Hope everyone had a good nights rest, its time to start MONDAY!!
I was thinking about you while I was on here this weekend, the forum wasn't the same without you! lol! Its good to hear that everything went well. I can't believe how in a situation like that you manage to stay OP!! Your so motivating. I've already been talking to my coach about a big weekend I have away and how I don't think Im going to be able too stay OP. I kinda feel like it;s my goal to keep going to that weekend, and if I slip up its far better off then I ever was before starting IP, but I applaud your for your ability to stay OP no matter what!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Just got home from WI#3 and I'm DOWN another 2.4 lbs! I'm officially in the 180's (although hopefully not for long). I love my coach, she is so supportive and encouraging. TOM hit yesterday too, so I'm thinking that next week will be better without the water retention (and she's doing pictures again next week).
I remember that we started at a similar time!! Great job on the WI!! Mine is tomorrow and Im hoping for some similar results!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Thousand Island and creamy bacon are staples for me. Also the chocolate and caramel syrups, to add to your puddings or drinks....makes them even yummier!
Im glad someone brought this up... I went to buy some when I first started on IP and bought Ketchup, BBQ sauce, and a Seasme salad dressing. I never opened the salad dressing, hated the BBQ Sauce, and the ketchup - it was just to fake for me, like mind over matter, I couldn't get over the taste. Ive been nervous to go buy anymore. I've always wanted to try the mayo.. just for tuna... and the other flavours of mayo for dipping because that always used to be a weakness for me. But Im nervous that I wont be able to get over the fact that its not mayo. yanno?

Keep the WF advice coming, Much apprechiated topic!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPatriciaK View Post

I will bump the walden farms product review page for you. There is some helpful information on there about what people liked, hated and what they can't live without!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Let me say one thing I love about this diet is how I'm finding ways to actually use up all my food instead of letting it go to waste. That is a tool I am going to take into my maintenance life. Example, I made a BigMac in a bowl the other night and hated it. Like couldn't finish it hated it, so I fished out all the meat I could and called it even. But I still had the rest of the browned ground beef so instead of just resorting to my easy dinners of baked white fish and veggies tonight I was determined to make use of that beef and it was WONDERFUL! I made an IP friendly version of Beef and Broccoli and devoured every bite. I also made twice what I needed so I have leftovers

IDK, maybe it's a mindset change, maybe it's that I can't get over the fact that I am now spending more on food for myself than I ever spent (per month) to feed our family of 4. I'm looking forward to seeing what else I can create!!

Quote:
I remember that we started at a similar time!! Great job on the WI!! Mine is tomorrow and Im hoping for some similar results!!!
Good luck!! Be sure to report in!!

I'm with you on the WF products, but since we started at the same time maybe they just have to grow on you? IDK, but I tried the Big Mac in a bowl the other day and couldn't finish it. I would rather have my salad sans dressing then with that. They did just start selling WF at my commissary (and it's 1/2 the price my coach charges!) so I might start trying some things here and there, but there's only about 6 types and they're in the refrigerated section. I'm a creature of habit though, so I'm fine with my monotony of veggies and meats sans sauce.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 347/310/190

Height: 5"5

Well today was week 4 WI 4.4 down so now it's 21.6 total so I was shocked and she said I can have my splenda decaf ice tea now so I'm happy. Still dealing with the headaches but hopefully they will stop soon. How
Long does the thinning hair last mine is starting to look thinner and I had thin hair to begin with.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #82  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubu4eva30 View Post
Well today was week 4 WI 4.4 down so now it's 21.6 total so I was shocked and she said I can have my splenda decaf ice tea now so I'm happy. Still dealing with the headaches but hopefully they will stop soon. How
Long does the thinning hair last mine is starting to look thinner and I had thin hair to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
I have a question about thinning hair. Mine was thin on top before and now it is ridiculous.

Does anyone have any tricks on how to make it not so noticeable?

My hairdresser swears by silicia - not sure if you write it like that - its a gel/liwuid that you take once per day - you can get it at a natural food store. I lost a lot of hair but I had lots to begin with so I only used it a bit. She swears by it and tells all her clients that are on IP to get this. She has done the IP diet and lost 50 pounds and was OK with her hair loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odirish View Post
I gotta question for those of you who have lost the weight. Do you have loose skin? My weight is in my belly and i was just wondering if it's gonna be flabby.
I lost most of my weigth around my belly and did see a bit of loseness but only for 1-2 weeks. You body adapts.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:09 PM   #83  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
I was thinking about you while I was on here this weekend, the forum wasn't the same without you! lol! Its good to hear that everything went well. I can't believe how in a situation like that you manage to stay OP!! Your so motivating. I've already been talking to my coach about a big weekend I have away and how I don't think Im going to be able too stay OP. I kinda feel like it;s my goal to keep going to that weekend, and if I slip up its far better off then I ever was before starting IP, but I applaud your for your ability to stay OP no matter what!

Im glad someone brought this up... I went to buy some when I first started on IP and bought Ketchup, BBQ sauce, and a Seasme salad dressing. I never opened the salad dressing, hated the BBQ Sauce, and the ketchup - it was just to fake for me, like mind over matter, I couldn't get over the taste. Ive been nervous to go buy anymore. I've always wanted to try the mayo.. just for tuna... and the other flavours of mayo for dipping because that always used to be a weakness for me. But Im nervous that I wont be able to get over the fact that its not mayo. yanno?

The Mayo is gross really has no flavor and the ketchup is the same thing but I have added soysauce and some seasoning to make it a little more flavored. The Asian dressing is pretty good too for stir fry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubu4eva30 View Post

Great job on the WI....keep it up!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #84  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

Finished my Day 1. the food tasted good and I wasn't hungry at all. I was surprised, I totally expected to be hungry all day.

How do you make a Big Mac In A Bowl?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
I will bump the walden farms product review page for you. There is some helpful information on there about what people liked, hated and what they can't live without!
Thanks!! I was reading some of it... there are alot of people out there that don't liek any of them at all... its actually a really helpful forum! Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good luck!! Be sure to report in!!

I'm with you on the WF products, but since we started at the same time maybe they just have to grow on you? IDK, but I tried the Big Mac in a bowl the other day and couldn't finish it. I would rather have my salad sans dressing then with that. They did just start selling WF at my commissary (and it's 1/2 the price my coach charges!) so I might start trying some things here and there, but there's only about 6 types and they're in the refrigerated section. I'm a creature of habit though, so I'm fine with my monotony of veggies and meats sans sauce.
Yeah... Im not sure if i'll be trying anymore anytime soon... we'll see!!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:49 PM   #86  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
Hello all, just wanted to semi vent and say that I'm sick of phase 2 and going back to phase 1, I have been on phase 2 for 2 and half weeks and have not lost anything (I know its better than a gain) and i just want to lose 10 more lbs!!!! Here's the really silly thing, I really like phase 2 and dont like to give up my lunches again haha
I like phase 2 too and I am going back to phase 1 again just to get to my goal. I spent the last 4 weeks in phase 2 it was a nice break but I want to move on and now that the scale is I will do what it takes to make my goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odirish View Post
I gotta question for those of you who have lost the weight. Do you have loose skin? My weight is in my belly and i was just wondering if it's gonna be flabby.
yep depends on how much you lose, I have lose skin in my stomach, legs, arms and chest. I have lost 88 lbs and it is very noticable. Working on reducing it with pilates but it is a slow thing, it doesn't go away right away. My arms are improving now have to work on my waist. My poor bellybutton is really caved in. Hopefully with toning it will help with all of the loose skin.

Have a great night all. Welcome to the newbies and everyone congrats on making it through the day on IP.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:29 AM   #87  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Holy Hanna what a rough day. I'm in Calgary for work this week. Today in our all day meeting, just finished eating my salad and had to bolt to the bathroom and throw up. My work sent me back to hotel to sleep it off. Finally woke up at 8pm and was SO tempted to just order whatever from the menu. It seriously took about an hour of talking to myself lol. I got my butt up and went to a restaurant and had salmon and steamed broccoli. Still not feeling top notch but glad that I didn't cheat. Hope I feel better tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:50 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 197.6/194.6/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaliayosa View Post
2 pounds to go! Changed my goal. My original goal was t get to a size 8, i am currently between a 6 and 8. Going to start phase two next week and really focus on firming up. Have lots of flabby areas to work on. Having surgery Thursday and it will be a few weeks before I can hit the gym. I cannot believe i've come this far! Have a great op day everyone. Truly, nothing tastes as good as thin feels. Will post before and after photos later!

wtg!!! That is so awesome!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #89  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
Mexican Ceviche is really good, and is OP... similar to your shrimp salad.

You can use the following as your "meat":
2 lbs of white fish (we use tilapia most of the time)
1 lbs of fish + 1 lb of shrimp
2 lbs of shrimp

We make it using all 3, but normally use a mixture of both since tilapia is cheaper.

Cut seafood into small chunks and then put in a bowl. Squeeze enough lime juice to completely coat the seafood. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hrs. (Make sure to stir it occasionally)

Take it out of the fridge, stir it, and then drain any juice off.

Add in diced tomatoes, onions and chopped cilantro and the juice of 1-2 limes. A pinch of sea salt - stir and serve.
Thanks. I will try that..I love ceviche!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #90  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I like phase 2 too and I am going back to phase 1 again just to get to my goal. I spent the last 4 weeks in phase 2 it was a nice break but I want to move on and now that the scale is I will do what it takes to make my goal.

yep depends on how much you lose, I have lose skin in my stomach, legs, arms and chest. I have lost 88 lbs and it is very noticable. Working on reducing it with pilates but it is a slow thing, it doesn't go away right away. My arms are improving now have to work on my waist. My poor bellybutton is really caved in. Hopefully with toning it will help with all of the loose skin.

Have a great night all. Welcome to the newbies and everyone congrats on making it through the day on IP.
I am going on my first week of Phase 2..I am will WI in tomorrow. We will see if there is a loss. I will also return to Phase 1 if I do not reach goal. I think the last pounds to the 140s are really work!!!!!!
Hope you have a good day.
Closed Thread