Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #46  

how do you copy a quote to reply from someone who replied to many quotes... I just tried it and it didn't come out correctly? I hope that makes sense
Old 09-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Wow, I didn't realize it until I was changing my avatar but I've lost 15lbs in 3 weeks! That's amazing. I was telling my coach today that now I'm not nearly as temped by the things my kiddos and hubby are eating as I thought I would be. Last night I made them a homemade pizza dinner and wasn't even tempted to take a bite.

I did have a little whoops a few minutes ago though. I usually prepare food while I'm chewing gum, but I didn't have any today and accidentally popped two slices of the turkey I was putting on hubby's sandwich into my mouth. Thankfully it was extra lean turkey breast that was thinly sliced so I don't think I did to much damage, but it just goes to show you how ingrained some of these behaviors are. I really have to make an effort to stop and think about what I'm doing, I didn't even really want those two pieces of turkey, KWIM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissygurl87 View Post
So had my WI #3 on Friday and -4lbs! Total of 19lbs in 3 weeks. Feeling pretty good. I just find Im struggling to drink the required water. I am diabetic and prior to ideal protein my sugars were so high I was always thirsty that drinking was not a problem but since I have started the plan my sugars are completey normal and Im very rarely thirsty. Any tips for helping get water down!?
I like MiO too if you can get it. I also have a refillable bottle that hooks onto my purse strap so it's always with me. It holds 24 ounces so I put 4 rubber bands around it in the morning, and every time I refill it I take one off so that I can remember how much I have and how much I have to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giniwarrior View Post
Okay..question. Walden Foods are expensive so which are worth a go and which ones are avoid at all cost???
Does your coach sell them? Mine does and offers the little individual packets for $1 each so you can try them. I wish I would have done that with the thousand island, most people rave over it but I couldn't stomach it. It just all depends on the person, but I have heard unanimously that the peanut butter is no good.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #48  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlhj View Post
how do you copy a quote to reply from someone who replied to many quotes... I just tried it and it didn't come out correctly? I hope that makes sense
hit the quote button, once it comes up for you to reply, delete all of the ones you don't want to reply too where it just comes up to the one you want to respond too. Just make sure the [QUOTE] at the beginning and end are still there of the poster and it should work
Old 09-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
I have a question about thinning hair. Mine was thin on top before and now it is ridiculous.

Does anyone have any tricks on how to make it not so noticeable?
What about a new haircut? Just changing your part or something simple can make a huge difference. I'm getting a whole makeover (hair, makeup, clothes) when I reach goal, but I can see rewarding myself with a new haircut when I reach a milestone.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
What about a new haircut? Just changing your part or something simple can make a huge difference. I'm getting a whole makeover (hair, makeup, clothes) when I reach goal, but I can see rewarding myself with a new haircut when I reach a milestone.
That is what I was going to suggest but it looks like she has a new cut since she started. Maybe part it on the other side instead of your normal side.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 127/123/115

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone, I am new here. I am on day 5.I am not doing this program to lose weight so much as to balance my hormones. I had two girls a year apart, the youngest is almost 6. Since then, I have had no energy, don't sleep well, have headaches almost daily. I have spent thousands of dollars on doctors only to hear...try this medicine, try that medicine. And have nothing work. I have had some bumps so far, but I am hoping they will work themselves out. I have never liked veggies all that much and getting my 4 cups a day has been hard. I'm trying all different ways to make them, but still struggling. I have had much more energy in the morning than I have ever had, but about 4:00 pm I crash. I spoke with my coach today and have changed my restricted IP food to morning and a packet for snack. We will see how this goes. It's nice to hear everyone's stories. Thanks
Old 09-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #52  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Lately, I have been on a zucchini kick. I just slice it kinda thin, heat a skillet with a little bit of olive oil, lay the slices in, sprinkle with a little bit of sea salt, granulated garlic and sometimes butter buds (I try not to eat those too much). I cook them until they are lightly browned on both sides. I have always liked zucchini, but prepared it in an unhealthy way. I am really loving them now. They are actually sweet to me. I'm so glad I have rediscovered this vegetable. Also, sliced okra prepared the same way is really good. Just play around with different vegetables and see which ones you don't despise. I find that by the time I eat my veggies, I'm hungry enough to eat most anything. I even ate the tomato basil soup that first week and, well, it's just horrid!
Old 09-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #53  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Hello all, just wanted to semi vent and say that I'm sick of phase 2 and going back to phase 1, I have been on phase 2 for 2 and half weeks and have not lost anything (I know its better than a gain) and i just want to lose 10 more lbs!!!! Here's the really silly thing, I really like phase 2 and dont like to give up my lunches again haha
Old 09-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #54  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Also, I started out just throwing raw spinach into my salad to make up the difference for my vegetables. Now, I rarely eat salad. I try to make myself have a salad once every 2 or 3 days just to get the lettuce in, but that's the hardest part for me.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlove621 View Post
Hey everyone, I am new here. I am on day 5.I am not doing this program to lose weight so much as to balance my hormones. I had two girls a year apart, the youngest is almost 6. Since then, I have had no energy, don't sleep well, have headaches almost daily. I have spent thousands of dollars on doctors only to hear...try this medicine, try that medicine. And have nothing work. I have had some bumps so far, but I am hoping they will work themselves out. I have never liked veggies all that much and getting my 4 cups a day has been hard. I'm trying all different ways to make them, but still struggling. I have had much more energy in the morning than I have ever had, but about 4:00 pm I crash. I spoke with my coach today and have changed my restricted IP food to morning and a packet for snack. We will see how this goes. It's nice to hear everyone's stories. Thanks
Welcome to the boards, read and enjoy....good luck!
Old 09-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 221.2/211.8/150

Hello everybody. I am new here. I started IP last tuesday, 09/20/2011, and today was my first WI. I am excited to see 6.4 pounds down and 7-1/2 inches overall! This hasn't been easy for me, but I got through the rough patches of intense carb cravings, so I am hoping it is going to be a breeze from here on out. I am very excited and I feel GREAT!
Old 09-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 127/123/115

Height: 5'4"

bripp,
Congrats!!! I'm interested to hear how you are feeling now that your first week is over. Do you have more energy?
Old 09-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bripp View Post
Hello everybody. I am new here. I started IP last tuesday, 09/20/2011, and today was my first WI. I am excited to see 6.4 pounds down and 7-1/2 inches overall! This hasn't been easy for me, but I got through the rough patches of intense carb cravings, so I am hoping it is going to be a breeze from here on out. I am very excited and I feel GREAT!
CONGRATS and WELCOME, you had a great first WI. You made it through the first week so it will be a breeze for sure from now on. It will become easier as you go along week to week better yet day to day, you will see. It will become second nature for you soon
Old 09-26-2011, 03:39 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:

Welcome and congratulations - that is an awesome loss. The first week is definitely the hardest so it should be smooth sailing from here on out. This forum is awesome and very inspirational - helps to keep you on the right path.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Lately, I have been on a zucchini kick. I just slice it kinda thin, heat a skillet with a little bit of olive oil, lay the slices in, sprinkle with a little bit of sea salt, granulated garlic and sometimes butter buds (I try not to eat those too much). I cook them until they are lightly browned on both sides. I have always liked zucchini, but prepared it in an unhealthy way. I am really loving them now. They are actually sweet to me. I'm so glad I have rediscovered this vegetable. Also, sliced okra prepared the same way is really good. Just play around with different vegetables and see which ones you don't despise. I find that by the time I eat my veggies, I'm hungry enough to eat most anything. I even ate the tomato basil soup that first week and, well, it's just horrid!
Yum! I love zucchini!! I will have to try that. Have you tried Wuv's zucchini 'apple' recipe? It's my new favorite. I usually eat 1 c veggies with dinner and then one cup of the 'apples' for dessert. SO good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Also, I started out just throwing raw spinach into my salad to make up the difference for my vegetables. Now, I rarely eat salad. I try to make myself have a salad once every 2 or 3 days just to get the lettuce in, but that's the hardest part for me.
TBH I think I've only eaten 2 or 3 salads since I started. I am usually eating on the go or while I'm at the computer working, and salad isn't travel friendly food. I know that if I'm starving I have that to rely on which helps, but so far I haven't been hungry without them.

Quote:
Congrats on the loss!! That's awesome!!
Closed Thread