Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #16  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmandAliMommy View Post
Good morning everyone!
I read the plan over and over again and can't find if veggies are supposed to be cooked or raw (Phase 1). I'm assuming raw, and that 2 cups raw = 1 cup cooked, but I've just stuck to raw stuff so far so I'm not sure.
Thanks!
Cooked or raw, as you chose but make sure you get the correct measurements for both. To take out the guess work, use this site. file:///Users/birgit/Desktop/USDA.webarchive

All you have to do is enter the vegetable, click whether it's raw or cooked, and click the amount of grams for 1, 2, pr whatever number of cups you want. This is the site that all others are derived from, like Fitday.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
By adding the pickle zippers you increase the carbs by over 50%. Is it worth it? Try switching the peppers for 60 g raw spinach = 2 cups: 14 calories, 2.8 g carbs, and 1.3 g fiber?
But most restricted are about 15g of carbs and most people have them, so i'm curious as to what they do the rest of their day.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #18  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
But most restricted are about 15g of carbs and most people have them, so i'm curious as to what they do the rest of their day.
THey substitute lower carb vegetables and, many, have half a restricted.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good Morning everyone, Since I just caught up on all the threads and its almost 1am here I decided to start the thread for Monday.

The wedding was amazing, everything was beautiful. No one really said anything about my weight loss but some of them had not seen me in years and didn't know how large I had gotten. Those that knew I was dieting commented on how good I looked so that was a good feeling. I stayed completely OP 100% the whole time and even helped set up the food table. I wasn't even tempted at all. I had a great time with my mom and didn't want to leave to come back here. I will go back next month I am sure if not sooner. Hope everyone had a good nights rest, its time to start MONDAY!!
Welcome back Wuv, it's sure quiet around here without your cheering. No one has really said much to me either, they tend to say "WOW, your HAIR is fantastic!" and I just think "IT HASN'T CHANGED!" but then just say "thanks " LOL

Quote:
Ok, i think i have too much carbs in my day and i can't figure out where to cut. So here's yesterday's menu.
Good morning Busymom . I have a salad for supper and it includes 2 cups of veggies. My salad is my staple, just typing about it makes me want a salad...and it's 8:23 AM hahaha (I think I'm addicted to the dressing I make).

Quite honestly, I've never really counted carbs. I did once and really focused on it so I stopped and decided I would worry about specifically tracking it when I was at maintenance. I even downloaded tap and track lol, used it for one day and that was it. If I over think, I stress and won't lose. How's the scale challenge going?

I'm off on business travel this week, I'm confident I'll be fine but I find that I get the big "C" when I travel...ugh!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Ishbel; 09-26-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Quite honestly, I've never really counted carbs. I did once and really focused on it so I stopped and decided I would worry about specifically tracking it when I was at maintenance. I even downloaded tap and track lol, used it for one day and that was it. If I over think, I stress and won't lose.Have a great day everyone!
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME! I counted all the carbs and just went crazy over it! Now I just eat what is on the protocol sheet and don't worry. Maintenance will be a different story I think.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:52 AM   #21  

Good morning all !!
I managed my first big party with all the food this weekend. We had a reunion of a medical missions trip. (Went to Nicaragua in June and took a moblie medical clinic to VERY remote areas of people who live on the Rio Coco river. They live with little to nothing and we treated hundreds and hundreds per day. Most especially saw alot of cases of worms from bad water..I wont get too graphic, but suffice to say that the worms are visible at times) While we were there we existed on PBJ and bottled water. Soooo.... food at the reunion was so amazing... and there was some pressure to eat...."it is only one day...enjoy it" I am so happy that I ate nothing at all and stayed OP. Even today I am still just glad I was able to not make those moments more important than all I have worked for in getting to this point. We are blessed to be living in places where we have food and computers to keep in touch on this journey together, blessed beyond measure really!
Here is to all of us in another week and working toward seeing another decade soon and becoming healthier!!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #22  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Mexican Ceviche is really good, and is OP... similar to your shrimp salad.

You can use the following as your "meat":
2 lbs of white fish (we use tilapia most of the time)
1 lbs of fish + 1 lb of shrimp
2 lbs of shrimp

We make it using all 3, but normally use a mixture of both since tilapia is cheaper.

Cut seafood into small chunks and then put in a bowl. Squeeze enough lime juice to completely coat the seafood. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hrs. (Make sure to stir it occasionally)

Take it out of the fridge, stir it, and then drain any juice off.

Add in diced tomatoes, onions and chopped cilantro and the juice of 1-2 limes. A pinch of sea salt - stir and serve.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #23  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. Where the heck do the weekends go? I was busy everyday once again but today I stayed home from work to try and recoop. I have a test today which I didn't get a chance to study for so I'm going to do that a little and maybe catch up on some sleep.

My husband's band played a wedding dance Sat night and I got a lot of nice compliments from people who I haven't seen in a couple months or more. Friday afternoon I had to run and do some grocery shopping so I stopped at Maurices and bought myself a pair of jeans. I hadn't bought any regular priced clothing since I started so I talked myself into it. I also had 20% off so I only paid $30. They are darling and a 9/10 so I'm loving them. Especially since I bought a 15/16 in the same brand just in the end of May! Can't wait for that 7/8!

I've had an off weekend on the scale. I was down Thursday which is what mattered and then Friday I was back up. Sat was the same as Fri and then back to where I was Thurs yesterday. Today I'm exactly 2 pounds up from Thurs. I think TOM is about gone so I hope I straighten up and actually have some sort of loss this week. I don't think I could handle a gain.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #24  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 261 / see ticker / 155

Height: 5'6

Ishbel, what's your dressing?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #25  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning! I am glad it is Monday. I need to get back on my old routine of just using IP packets and not the Pure Protein bars, they are too good. I did buy a bag of shrimp so will try something different tonight for supper. I agree with the posters that I need to try new recipes to avoid diet fatigue. Have a great day everyone!

Great job Wuv at the wedding! Did you end up with rain?
The weather was perfect, there was even a nice breeze so we were thankful for no rain.

Quote:
Ok, i think i have too much carbs in my day and i can't figure out where to cut. So here's yesterday's menu.

Breakfast:
Butterscotch pudding mix - 2 carbs
1oz milk - approx. 1.5 carbs

Lunch
Lettuce 2
1c english cucumber 4
1c red peppers 9
1 pickled zippers 15

Dinner
6oz chicken 0
1c mushrooms 2.5
1c zucchinis 4

Snack
Jellow mix 2

So that brings me to 42. Now i know that my restricted is high but most of us have a restricted a day. And i know my peppers are high too but even if i would've had another lower cab veggie, i still would've been over the 30 carbs we're supposed to have a day.

can you give me ideas of where i could switch things up?
Why are you counting the carbs??? just follow what is on the sheet, That is just something else to stress you out about. I am with Sandy, if it is on the sheet it is ok no matter what the carbs are. I have been on now 22 weeks and have NEVER even looked at the carbs I eat. I just follow the sheet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlhj View Post
Good morning all !!
I managed my first big party with all the food this weekend. We had a reunion of a medical missions trip. (Went to Nicaragua in June and took a moblie medical clinic to VERY remote areas of people who live on the Rio Coco river. They live with little to nothing and we treated hundreds and hundreds per day. Most especially saw alot of cases of worms from bad water..I wont get too graphic, but suffice to say that the worms are visible at times) While we were there we existed on PBJ and bottled water. Soooo.... food at the reunion was so amazing... and there was some pressure to eat...."it is only one day...enjoy it" I am so happy that I ate nothing at all and stayed OP. Even today I am still just glad I was able to not make those moments more important than all I have worked for in getting to this point. We are blessed to be living in places where we have food and computers to keep in touch on this journey together, blessed beyond measure really!
Here is to all of us in another week and working toward seeing another decade soon and becoming healthier!!
VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!!! that was your first obstacle and it seems you accomplished it with flying colors... GREAT job!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaliayosa View Post
2 pounds to go! Changed my goal. My original goal was t get to a size 8, i am currently between a 6 and 8. Going to start phase two next week and really focus on firming up. Have lots of flabby areas to work on. Having surgery Thursday and it will be a few weeks before I can hit the gym. I cannot believe i've come this far! Have a great op day everyone. Truly, nothing tastes as good as thin feels. Will post before and after photos later!
Good luck with your surgery! i hope all is well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmandAliMommy View Post
Good morning everyone! I survived the weekend. Today is day for on the IP plan and I feel good. Yesterday we went to a birthday party that was catered with all sorts of yummy Italian food. I had salad, and I asked the server if I could have some without dressing and she said yes and brought me out a bunch of plain lettuce - yes! The only meat choice there that was remotely on-plan was Chicken Marsala...I scraped all the goo off of it and maybe had about 3 oz...I hope that doesn't wreck me too much. I know that it's probably got lots of sugars but I didn't have too much. My weigh-in is Thursday so we'll find out then.
I read the plan over and over again and can't find if veggies are supposed to be cooked or raw (Phase 1). I'm assuming raw, and that 2 cups raw = 1 cup cooked, but I've just stuck to raw stuff so far so I'm not sure.
Thanks!
You can cook all vegetables except onion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME! I counted all the carbs and just went crazy over it! Now I just eat what is on the protocol sheet and don't worry. Maintenance will be a different story I think.
My coach has always advised no counting of anything right now. If you follow protocol, you're fine. In maintenance I think if you're making good choices (portions and such) and not combining fat and carbs at the same meal, you'll be fine too. That has been my impression of maintenance from others. Any maintainers want to tell us how it is?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Happy Monday all!
I LOVE the routine of the weekdays, makes IP so enjoyable. 

WUV- glad the wedding was great and you got some gooooood family time and healthy food in 
Amy- congrats on how far you have come!

I have my weigh in today after work. After last week’s lb gain with no explanation, I’m excited and nervous for today’s WI.
Plus TOM is suppose to come this weekend…not sure if it will affect this WI or next week’s, my menstrual cycle is all over the place, spotting randomly some days.
I know it’s normal with the weightless, but still, I’m only 27 and ready for menopause hehe.

I spent all weekend clean the yard, pool area and house for my a dear high school friend’s son’s 3rd b-day. Thomas the Train themed.
I spent money I don’t have on a son that isn’t even mine. It’s just so fun. Even though the typical Florida showers ruined the pool filled day everyone had fun.
I stayed away from all the bad food: pizza, nuggets, publix cake, cookies, candy, mac n’ cheese, bacon wrapped weenies, salad with cheese,

Had my salad with veggies and bbq ridges.

Feeling sick today, trying to pretend I’m just fine though. Everyone has been sick around here at work and all around town. Lysol please.

Anyone else getting worried with the holidays coming up?
I am already planning on buying bars to chop up for Halloween to munch on through the evening instead of snickers. I plan to buy candy I dislike for the little trick-or-treaters.

I have a big Gala with a sit down dinner this weekend. Volunteering to set up at it, taking a bar and peppers for the day, just worried about the sit down meal at night, a sponsor invited me to attend, so we shall see what the caterers prepare…
Then I additional evening work events throughout the month and the fun wedding on the 15th, which I have planned with my coach to take break and “enjoy” for too days.
Hoping my tummy will hate me and I will regret every moment. 

Sorry for talking about myself so much this morning. Just procrastinating and writing out my fears I guess. 

Everyone worried about their carb intake… try not to, just follow what’s allowed and not allowed and let your body do the work. Phase 3 and 4 you can be more anal.

I am finding that spinach and zucchini is my best friend right now...
Old 09-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good morning everyone!
I'm happy to say I went to the city yesterday and managed to stay OP - went to Edo Japan and had szechuan beef with no rice, nor sauce and extra veggies then had my shake when I got home for supper.
Weigh in number 3 is on Wednesday, can't believe how quickly the weeks are going by. In the past I've planned to diet and the weeks and months go by and I have done nothing, this feels the same except I'm actually moving forward but it doesn't really seem that I'm on a diet which is awesome.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #29  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
Happy Monday all!
I LOVE the routine of the weekdays, makes IP so enjoyable. 

WUV- glad the wedding was great and you got some gooooood family time and healthy food in 
Amy- congrats on how far you have come!

I have my weigh in today after work. After last week’s lb gain with no explanation, I’m excited and nervous for today’s WI.
Plus TOM is suppose to come this weekend…not sure if it will affect this WI or next week’s, my menstrual cycle is all over the place, spotting randomly some days.
I know it’s normal with the weightless, but still, I’m only 27 and ready for menopause hehe.

I spent all weekend clean the yard, pool area and house for my a dear high school friend’s son’s 3rd b-day. Thomas the Train themed.
I spent money I don’t have on a son that isn’t even mine. It’s just so fun. Even though the typical Florida showers ruined the pool filled day everyone had fun.
I stayed away from all the bad food: pizza, nuggets, publix cake, cookies, candy, mac n’ cheese, bacon wrapped weenies, salad with cheese,

Had my salad with veggies and bbq ridges.

Feeling sick today, trying to pretend I’m just fine though. Everyone has been sick around here at work and all around town. Lysol please.

Anyone else getting worried with the holidays coming up?
I am already planning on buying bars to chop up for Halloween to munch on through the evening instead of snickers. I plan to buy candy I dislike for the little trick-or-treaters.

I have a big Gala with a sit down dinner this weekend. Volunteering to set up at it, taking a bar and peppers for the day, just worried about the sit down meal at night, a sponsor invited me to attend, so we shall see what the caterers prepare…
Then I additional evening work events throughout the month and the fun wedding on the 15th, which I have planned with my coach to take break and “enjoy” for too days.
Hoping my tummy will hate me and I will regret every moment. 

Sorry for talking about myself so much this morning. Just procrastinating and writing out my fears I guess. 

Everyone worried about their carb intake… try not to, just follow what’s allowed and not allowed and let your body do the work. Phase 3 and 4 you can be more anal.

I am finding that spinach and zucchini is my best friend right now...
I am not too worried about the holiday, the rehearsal dinner we had on Friday was pretty much that. My mom was amazing, she made sure the 3 of us had food just like the rest of everyone. She made us cauliflower rice dressing and coleslaw just like they were having. It was yummy. Everyone knows if mom is cooking she will make sure there will be enough food for everyone and keep everyone in check like me...haha.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista7382 View Post
Ishbel, what's your dressing?
Ok, take into account this is all eyeballed...I was never good at cooking by rules (I do get a little neurotic when I bake though! LOL)

Smallish jam jar:

1/2 extra virgin olive oil
1/2 white vinegar (you can use apple cider too - just prefer white)
dump some italian seasoning in
dullup of soy sauce
heaping tsp of chopped garlic (I just use the stuff from the jar)
couple of drips of lemon juice
sometimes I put some mustard in there
sometimes I put splenda in there

Shake it up, and bobs your uncle! When it settles it has this cool three layered effect....which is why you need to shake shake shake it before you pour.

I don't know why I love it, I try to make other ones and I just keep coming back to this one. I made one with the WF raspberry jelly and celery seed...ate it once and came back to this one. I just love it...not bored with it at all. I think I like my salad at supper because I feel more satisfied with a salad then with roasted veggies, the lettuce just adds to the bulk. I have regular veggies at lunch so it's not salad very meal. I might try adding some roasted veggies for supper when I'm back from traveling (then again I might miss my salad). But on the other hand one or two bites of roasted garlic feels like a treat.
Closed Thread