Old 09-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #16  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
NavyMommy - That's all you have to say if you want. Or something like - i'm following the advice of my dr to learn some new eating habits.

Had a bummer day yesterday. Had a full body mole check at derm office. i have 9 atypical moles to remove. They aren't cancerous or anything, it is preventative. I had two pre-cancerous lesions frozen off my face last winter so better to be safe than sorry. It's weird ... the ones I can see (some are on back and rear) look to my untrained eye, just like other ones I have or large freckles. I guess this is why we go to the experts. I have a great relationship with my derm and know she isn't just trying to increase billables.

2nd bummer - the tattoo artist my husband and I booked appts with for next weekend left the shop. They can get us in with a different artist, but I've never seen his work in person and now I'm totally nervous. He has less experience than the other guy, which doesn't mean he's not as good. Like I said, I just haven't seen in person what he's capable of. Decisions, decisions.
If you are nervous about it... DON'T DO IT... When I was 18. That happened to me. I showed the guy what I wanted. And he drew it up the way he wanted... Then I was too afraid to say no. And did it anyways... Then a year later I went to someone else to add on to it to make it look better.... Just my .5 cents
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #17  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Good morning ladies...

Been having some rough nights lately.. my bf and I have been fighting a lot... So who know of we will stay together... The sad thing is that just a few months ago he had said that I should try to lose a few pounds... And now his story has changed... Asking if I am just going to fail all this back... Sorry to vent... It's just on my mind...
Hope you're not going to give up on this. Look how far you've come. Maybe he's just feeling a little insecure.

Mary Ann
odirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #18  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Navymommy: I can not see anything wrong with the sushimi..soy and wasabi..all seem fine. I might try to ask for the salad with the dressing on the side..Japanese dressings seem to have sugar.
As to people not supporting you..just go in with the attitude that you are committed to this for yourself and not to please them. It is hard when you are the only one not eating or drinking at a social situation. I would just say I am eating this way for my health..no more explanations. Usually people leave you alone on the subject.. Good luck.

Bellamack..Have fun at your reunion.

Jellymae..I am sorry about the problems with your BF..and that he is not being supportive. You have lost 54 pounds and are doing so well.

Pselias: I am so glad they found the moles..I have had some removed also.

Busymom -3.8 is great..a very good week.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #19  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Has anyone tried the Green Valley products? I have seen people mention the curry..I see that they sell other products just like WF. How does the taste compare? What stores sell Green Valley?
Thanks.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Oh Jellymae, men! You deserve the very best, do this for you and no one else. Just keep coming here for support. Hope your day goes better.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning

WI#8 this morning, -3.8. I'm happy, really wanted to hit the 40lbs in 8 weeks but hopefully by next week!
WOOHOO!!! ssssssoooooo happy for you!!!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Jellymae, I'm sorry your bf isn't being supportive. Maybe he is scared of your success and what that means for the two of you. But there is no excuse for his comment :/, you WILL do this diet, reach your goal and keep it off! I believe!

Last edited by Ishbel; 09-24-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 163/148.5/115

Height: 5'2"

First weigh-in today 9.4 lbs in 10 days!!!!!!!
DezD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #24  

[QUOTE=NavyMommy;4045128]
Yay for being down!! This week is going to be my last 'good' WI before TOM affects me, so we'll have to see how it goes. Hopefully it won't affect me to much because I imagine that's pretty discouraging!
[QUOTE]

I remember that you and I started at a similar time, Im in the middle of my 3rd week. WI 3 is on Tuesday!! What is TOM? I've noticed alot of people aren't loosing as much in the 3rd week from their weigh ins, is that what you are referring too?

I have a wedding, and a weekend out of town coming up next month, so my coach and I have started to prepare for that. I actually asked if I could just have non restricted packages, and Im trying not to have restricted veggies either... I sure hope that all helps!! I need to loose extra the next few weeks, so i can enjoy myself on my trip.. not cheat, but just be a little less cautious.

Quote:
Good morning ladies...

Been having some rough nights lately.. my bf and I have been fighting a lot... So who know of we will stay together... The sad thing is that just a few months ago he had said that I should try to lose a few pounds... And now his story has changed... Asking if I am just going to fail all this back... Sorry to vent... It's just on my mind...

I hope everything works out hun, and if it doesn't it's not meant to be. Hang in there, you'll know whats right. Im sending positive strong female vibes your way!! lol and keep venting if you need, you've got a pretty good task force here for support!
LisaPatriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

Oh no, i am not discouraged bout my one pound loss. Have not been 100% op and was expecting a gain! At this point i'll gladly take any loss i get.
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #26  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Hi IPers,

Just got back from a parade, where my kids marched in thier junior high band - lovely day!

No loss this week - things have really slowed down for me - I'm trying to drink more water, but not sure what else I should be doing. Seem to be SO hungry all the time!

Had a cool NSV. Had lunch with several friends and they commented that I was not wearing "Mom jeans" that the jeans I had on were really cute!

Have a great OP weekend all!
Remain Strong!
Jo
JoLoMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good Morning,

I had a great time at the class reunion get-together last night, don't know how 35 yrs. has passed! Tonight is the more formal dinner, although it is just a buffet. I am on the decorating committee with some fun friends, hope to get in some dancing' tonight. I didn't give into any food or drink temptations last night. yeah me.

Staying the course with my turtle buddies. Lol Feel Great, so that is my motivation. Have a great weekend and stay OP!

Ryuu - you should be consuming 1 whole bar to equal a restricted packet.
Good for you fellow turtle buddy!!!! Someone has to take up the back of the parade, I guess it's us.
Have a good time at the banquet tonight, it is good that it is buffet.

I went to a baby shower yesterday, it was at a dangerous time for me, after work, late afternoon.

I made sure I got my regular Ip stuff in as usual. Actually one school I went too had just had their monthly staff lunch where they all bring something in. I got there after lunch and there were all kind of goodies left. The person I was meeting with invited me to partake with him as neither of us had eaten yet. I had my IP soup and there was a huge spinach salad with veggies, non of them restricted and no dressing on it. So I had a huge bowl of that with my dressing.
Then I went and bought a veggie tray to take to the shower. I still had the salad I had packed for lunch. I loaded up on veggies and salad while everyone was having the goodies. Someone had brought some delicious tiny meatballs, I added these to my salad for protein. They were likely not totally OP but best choice available.
You know, I have noticed that no one even notices that I am not longer accepting wine. Well of course hubby does but he thinks that just means more for him.

I read somewhere where an IP coach said that you have to approach this program like you are going into rehab ,which we actually are. No "small" bits of whatever got us into the state we are in when we started and then carefully planning how to handle those things once we are easing back to what will be our changed way of life. This made a lot of sense to me.

Re the Pure Protein bars, I think they are quite large compared to the IP bars, so a half would be appropriate.

I am starting my first day of alternative products.

I really liked my coach and also liked the IP products, well most of them. But I joined her clinic in the summer. Once school started her clinic is very out of the way of my daily routes. Plus my schedule is erratic so it was hard to coordinate times with when the clinic is open.

She had expected me to lose more quickly and thought I would be done by now but I'm only half way there. This did not surprise me as I am post menopausal and all my life I have actually gained on conventional plans such as WW. It has actually been years since I have eaten grains, so the program is not a big change for my body. So I am happy with my slow steady loss,every other plan resulted in a slow steady gain, but it was expensive.

Then as soon as I'm back to work I had car trouble and couldn't get out to that clinic anyway as hubby had to take me to work till car was repaired.

$900 later I'm on the road. So I got protein drinks from Costco and other stuff from Proteinwell. It cost me $125 total for a months supply. So I'll use those products and see how it goes. After a month I'll see if the budget has recovered from the $900 ding. If I am not losing weight as well on the alternatives I'll go to one of the clinics closer to my daily route.

Well I haven't been posting everyday but this is a long spiel when I did post!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #28  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Wow so much to say and so little time. I had a wonderful morning with the dgos and walking them.. This morning got to the offleash and wish I had brought a camera. There was this cool fog that was in the shape of a rainbow, it was so cool and was kind of mad that I didn't bring a camera. The fall colors are so beautiful right now I spent most of the walk just looking around. Met with my friend for a while, she told me she spent last Sunday working for Rescues for Life, they go to the reserves and try to talk people out of their dogs or for them to take them to get spade or neutered. Their job last weekend was to clean out temp kennels for all the dogs coming in for spade and neutering and to feed and calm these dogs down. The majority of them were going back to their owners. She was very upset at how skinny these animals were. I pray that the owners begin to look after them better, at least now some of them won't be reproducing. My old girl is doing much better and I can't wait to get her paw print tattooed on my leg tomorrow. Then the drive home. Here in Edmonton we have 2 seasons... Winter and Construction... well construction is at a premium took me longer to get home than my 1 1/2 hour walk... but I did make it home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odirish View Post
Morning! A dear friend and coworker of mine lost his house and little dog to a fire yesterday. Just spoke with him. He and his wife are ok, but miss Cody something terrible.

On the lighter side...I took my bike out this morning and DH went through everything with me. I'm nowhere ready for the road, but did better than I thought I would. It's been years since I rode a bike.

Tomorrow is the big day, I will see coach about starting the IP program, so I guess in the future you will be seeing a little less of me

Mary Ann
Mary Ann my thoughts and prayers are with your coworker his family. It is so devastating to lose your house and your pet to fire. Growing up our house burnt and the only one home was my mom and our dog bite her to wake her up. She managed to get all our dogs and cats (with a ferrel cat) out of the house and kept going back to get more stuff out. We lived 20 minutes from the nearest fire department. Luckily we had good neighbors and they got my mom out before something happened to her. I also have a friend who runs a kennel and her house burnt and she lost 4 of her dogs as well as some puppies and mother dog she was welping. It was years ago but she still has problems with the memories. I painted 5 of her dogs that she lost on Ceramic stones and just finished them this year. It gives her something to go visit when she is missing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good Morning,

I had a great time at the class reunion get-together last night, don't know how 35 yrs. has passed! Tonight is the more formal dinner, although it is just a buffet. I am on the decorating commitee with some fun friends, hope to get in some dancin' tonight. I didn't give into any food or drink temptations last night. yeah me.

Stayin the course with my turtle buddies. lol Feel Great, so that is my motivation. Have a great weekend and stay OP!

Ryuu - you should be consuming 1 whole bar to equal a restricted packet.
Hey did you recognize everyone? I hope so, it sounds like you are having a good fun weekend and you deserve it. Have a great time tonight

[QUOTE=NavyMommy;4045128]Good morning!! So last night was my first major test of staying OP. I went to a women's event at church and it was a potluck. Man the food my table companions were eating looked AMAZING!!! I had eaten before I left so I just had a cup of coffee. I did add about 1/2 of one of those personal sized creamers in it because it was STRONG but we did some Zumba so I figure I burned off the calories from that

I need some input from you wonderful IPers about 2 things:

1.Tonight I've been invited to go out with some friends to a sushi bar. I REALLY want to go, but I want to make sure I stay OP. Do you think a 10 piece order of Sushimi (which is just the fish, no rice) with soy sauce, wasabi and a side salad would be okay? The fish theywerveis "Chef Selection" so I don't have much say in it, but I can't imagine anything that would be bad, and I would think 10 pieces would be withing the 5-8oz rule
sounds like you have it under control, bring your own salad dressing or ask for theirs on the side
2. How do you deal with people who you know are going to be completely unsupported of your plan? Most of my friends are trainers / health nuts who are all about balanced diets (I even took a diet / nutrition class from one of them) and they're against the whole low carb things. They've all noticed I'm on a diet of some kind because I haven't been eating with them (and applauded my will power last night) but when they asked what plan I was on I just said I was doing my own thing. .Well it isn't any of their business, and if they were good friends they would be supportive no matter what you are doing, unless you health is at risk and it isn't

Just FYI to get all the links and what not included all you have to do is go to the day before and hit "Quote" on the original post. Then copy the text between the
Quote:
signs and paste it in a new thread.

WTG making a plan to stay on track!! I am in awe of all the women who are such amazing scrapbookers, I've tried several times and never really gotten into it. MiO is awesome, I have 4 different flavors so I can always have a little different taste. Have you tried the Sweet Tea yet? That's one I've thought about but haven't tried yet.

At least they made it out of the house okay, but I can't imagine losing all your belongings and the family dog. What a tragedy! Good luck with your meeting with your coach tomorrow!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!

I need to check out those pure protein bars. What brand are they? I have been using the EAS Carb Control drinks as a supplement to my coffee and on the occasion I have needed a 4th packet, but a bar that I could keep in my purse would be great!

Yay for being down!! This week is going to be my last 'good' WI before TOM affects me, so we'll have to see how it goes. Hopefully it won't affect me to much because I imagine that's pretty discouraging!

Yay for staying OP last night!!! I went to a potluck at church and man was it hard. I ate before I went which made it easier but church ladies can COOK!! Good luck tonight.
Quote:
Good morning ladies...

He is being selfish, or very insecure, he is noticing that you are changing and you don't need him to feel secure anymore. If he can't handle what you are doing, it is him and not you... You are doing great, it may hurt now but if you split it wasnt meant to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Has anyone tried the Green Valley products? I have seen people mention the curry..I see that they sell other products just like WF. How does the taste compare? What stores sell Green Valley?
Thanks.
Maile you will have to google green valley, I have tried the Hawaiian Sweet and Tangy, and the Thai Curry. They also have syrups and dressings similar to WF. The syrups look a little runnier than WF's though. I really like the Thai curry, has a coconut taste. Have a great weekend.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Good morning ladies...

That is very tough. I am so sorry you are going through this.

But I hope you make the right decision for you. Now is the time to do what is best for you while you are young.
I will tell you it is a very stressful lifestyle to live with someone who is always monitoring your weight. That gets old pretty fast.
We know you are going to be one hot mamma soon but your bf doesn't have that confidence. He may continue yammering at you not to regain even when you are at goal.
I have several very attractive friends who are at a healthy weight but do not accept the fact that they are attractive. That is because they have hubbies who are always telling them that they are going to gain weight and watching every bite they eat.

So take your time and make the decision that is best for you in the long run.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 09-24-2011 at 03:29 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 182/142/142

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Good morning ladies...

I am so sorry you've been going through this. May I suggest you build a support system (here!) apart from him. He may not be capable of growing with you and supporting you through this amazing, life-changing experience. You are worth love and respect -- nothing less!
samyswan is offline   Reply With Quote