Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
TGIF everyone. More school shopping this week-end, its a never ending chores with 4 kids, lol.

So this week its pretty much shot...not only is the scale not moving, i'm up 1lb this morning, what gives....i follow the protocole to a T, no restricted, 120+oz water a day, eat salad twice a day...don't know what is going on But i'll just keep on going and eventually its going to budge (right???).
How often are you getting on the scale? I stopped jumping on every day a few months ago (with some encouragement from 2RIDE)...it's helped me STOP stressing about the program. I can't remember who commented but it was along the lines of "don't worry, if you follow the program you will lose". So I put my scale in the VIP's trunk so I wouldn't weigh even at his house. It took a few weeks and now seeing a scale in someone else's bathroom is easy (to not jump on the scale). I really feel my life is a lot less stressful this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning! I'm really excited to get started with IP today! Just had the peach / mango drink for breakfast and it wasn't bad at all. Posted this in the intro section as well, but just for easier reference:

Hi! I'm Michelle, I'm a SAHM to 2 wonderful kids 1 & 3 and wife of 6 years to a wonderful husband. I just found IP when my local clinic issued a Groupon for it and I'm really excited to get started! I think the thing that resonated with me the most was when I read about how a balanced diet is just supposed to keep you in balance, not help you lose (or gain) weight. I have between 50 and 75 lbs to lose. I've been overweight my whole life so I'm not exactly sure where I want to be.

I can't wait to dive right in!
WELCOME! I really liked the 'balanced/unbalanced' part too. I have said that to naysayers in my life actually. Well, and giving my pancreas a well deserved rest when I have diabeties on both sides of my family helps shush people too. Actually, I was pre-diabetic on metformin before this program and within 6 weeks I wasn't using the meds anymore. Which is pretty mindblowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Good morning everyone and what a great day! As I end my 11th week of IP, I have now said bye-bye to 39 pounds....I saw 201 on the scale this AM. I am so darn happy I can't stand it. This is the last time in my life that a 200 will ever be associated with my weight. Onederland is two steps away and I can see it.....its no longer hiding from me. And the cute Liz Claiborne size-to-small shorts that I bought several weeks back for dirt cheap are now being comfortably worn on my ever-shrinking, ever-toned new body.

Good luck to everyone, especially those who struggle. There are several pieces of advice I would love to offer. (1) eat the required foods. Sometimes it hard but DO IT. Your body needs the fuel to make this process work (2) talk to your coaches about what you are eating and how much. I found out I needed an extra boost of protein every day to keep ME out of starvation mode and (3) Stop stressing. Live your life everyday, stay OP, be happy and express your gratitude daily. If something doesn't feel right, go see your doctor. Trust your instincts. (4) Stop comparing yourself to anyone on these boards. You are not them and they are not you. Love yourself (and your body) and it WILL love you back.

I wish I would be able to shout it to the world when I see onederland, but other than my doctor and my coach, my 3FC family are the only ones who know how much I weigh. So please bear with me when it comes time for me to toot my horn........

Enjoy the heck out of this fine day!
OOOO, congrats on being so close to the 100's! I do want to say "DITTO" to your second paragraph, couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelearth View Post
I am not a Statistician, but I have used simple statistical analysis in my work. So Bellamack when you eliminate your first week from your average loss then you have to also eliminate your lowest. From what I understand Satiations don't consider the outliers in their computation of the average. Basically any data points that are too far from the majority of the data points are eliminated before computing the average. Your losses are W1 -6.2, W2 -1.6, W3 -3.6, W4 +0.2, W5 -2.2, W6 -2.2, so from statistical point of view -6.2 and +0.2 are outliers, thus you are left with -1.6,-3.6,-2.2,-2.2 which averages to -2.4 pounds loss. Which is real great. Congratulations. Also I have read in numerous places that one should not expect to lose more than 2% of their body weight per week, basically losing between 1%-2% of your weight is healthy. Thus for your current weight you should expect to lose between 1.84 pounds and 3.68 pounds. You are actually right in the middle so you are losing very healthy and on your way to reaching your goal.

Have a great weekend everyone. Have a successfully two weeks. I shall talk to you all after the Labor Day.
Ok, I took a stats class 14 years ago, this is EXACTLY right...only I didn't know how to phrase the words right - and really I wasn't that good at stats. Bellamack, I don't really watch other's WI numbers. I glance through them to notice that everyone has low weeks or plus weeks and then keep looking through them to see that they still continue to lose. This gives me hope . I don't pay attention to my average loss only because I'm losing and I'm off meds and that makes me happy. I'll get there eventually, so will you.

So today is my fourth month anni for IP. And if I have to compare the accomplishments I've had over the last four months (loosing weight, eating clean, no booze etc.) The part I love is that I can now say "I have been off sugar for 4 months". I feel so powerful LOL as sugar was my weakness. My mom has re-started IP and she's asked me to be her coach, so now she sends her food journal to me. She's so cute. She lost 5 lbs in the last two weeks, I'm so very proud of her.

I get to go to WICKED this weekend....soverraexcited!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by Ishbel; 08-19-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #17  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
WI #7 -0.4 lbs

7 weeks 100% on plan!

Jimmy Buffet tribute band tonight with friends
Go girl...that's .4 less than last week. It's gonna happen!
BTW....I am a "card-carrying" Parrot Head! Phins up!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:59 AM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
TGIF everyone. More school shopping this week-end, its a never ending chores with 4 kids, lol.

So this week its pretty much shot...not only is the scale not moving, i'm up 1lb this morning, what gives....i follow the protocole to a T, no restricted, 120+oz water a day, eat salad twice a day...don't know what is going on But i'll just keep on going and eventually its going to budge (right???).
I'm an everyday weigher too and I get super frustrated when the scale gets "stuck". I had a week like that this week. 4 days the same and I only ended up losing a pound for the week. Keep at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelearth View Post
Good morning everyone.

ItsAboutTime congratulations on losing 1.4 pounds. Way to go.

Thanks! It is kinda frustrating and exciting at the same time when you lose more in one night than you did the whole week beforehand. It's not official and I have 6 more days before weigh in but it's a great start to the week!

Quote:
WI #7 -0.4 lbs

7 weeks 100% on plan!

Another loss! Have fun tonight! Way to go on the 7 weeks even though the scale isn't doing what you'd like it to do every week.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #19  
Started IP July 21, 2011

S/C/G: 168/143.8/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Good morning! I ve been doing really well staying completely OP. I've been around all kinds of temptations in the last couple of weeks and didn't even feel like I had too hard of a time avoiding them. I've been really proud of not cheating at all! but last night I guess my subconcience had to speak! I had dreams all night long about havingvto eat fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy and pizza!!! Too funny, I had a good chuckle when I woke up!! In my dream I had no other choice, it was like the only choices on earth and I keptvtaelling people I had no choice I either hadcto eat this or starve but I kept explaining ketosis to everyone!! Ha ha! I'm happy to report I had my shake this morning and I feel great!!! Anyone else dream about food?
Old 08-19-2011, 10:02 AM   #20  

Hey, I'm back to the charlie horses again. I upped the potassium to 2 last time and it helped until a few days ago. I was up a few times last night with them in both calves so bad. What do you do if you get them?
Old 08-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #21  

S/C/G: H:213; WB: 188.5/180/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Hey, I'm back to the charlie horses again. I upped the potassium to 2 last time and it helped until a few days ago. I was up a few times last night with them in both calves so bad. What do you do if you get them?
So upping the potassium will help with this? I have them too and I hop out of the bed so fast and try to walk it off. But last night I was up 2 or 3 times doing this.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #22  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Good morning everyone and what a great day! As I end my 11th week of IP, I have now said bye-bye to 39 pounds....I saw 201 on the scale this AM. I am so darn happy I can't stand it. This is the last time in my life that a 200 will ever be associated with my weight. Onederland is two steps away and I can see it.....its no longer hiding from me. And the cute Liz Claiborne size-to-small shorts that I bought several weeks back for dirt cheap are now being comfortably worn on my ever-shrinking, ever-toned new body.

Good luck to everyone, especially those who struggle. There are several pieces of advice I would love to offer. (1) eat the required foods. Sometimes it hard but DO IT. Your body needs the fuel to make this process work (2) talk to your coaches about what you are eating and how much. I found out I needed an extra boost of protein every day to keep ME out of starvation mode and (3) Stop stressing. Live your life everyday, stay OP, be happy and express your gratitude daily. If something doesn't feel right, go see your doctor. Trust your instincts. (4) Stop comparing yourself to anyone on these boards. You are not them and they are not you. Love yourself (and your body) and it WILL love you back.

I wish I would be able to shout it to the world when I see onederland, but other than my doctor and my coach, my 3FC family are the only ones who know how much I weigh. So please bear with me when it comes time for me to toot my horn........

Oh my God ! Congratulations.

Like you I seem to be thinking about nothing except hitting onederland ! It's like this is all I want for now.

I am so happy reading about your success, I would like to hear from everybody going through this, I created a new thread concerning onderland and hope I will get tons of replies.

Again, congratulations on your loss, keep up the good work.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #23  

Quote:
My mom had a lot of charlie horses years ago, the dietician told her to up her calcium.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #24  

Calcium too? I was told here to take another potassium. I already feel like I take a lot of vitamins.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #25  

Quote:
Calcium too? I was told here to take another potassium. I already feel like I take a lot of vitamins.
I don't remember mom taking potassium for it, only calcium and it worked for her. Perhaps just go back to the one potassium and up your calcium?
Old 08-19-2011, 10:28 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

I love your advice!! We are all dif and what works for one person may not for the other. We just need to experiment and find what works for us. I think I get too caught up in numbers sometimes and just need to let my body do its own thing as it is ready.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #27  

Quote:
WI #7 -0.4 lbs

7 weeks 100% on plan!

That is great! 0.4 is better than nothing. I bet next week you will be seeing your 2 lbs or more. Have fun at the concert. My 12 year old would be in her glory! She loves Jimmy Buffet.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Normally I would say for cramping a "banana" or Tonic H2O, but neither are IP friendly. You are correct it is Potassium that relieves cramping (of course all electrolytes help) Tonic is wonderful for cramping (used when I was a competitive swimmer) Tonic contains quinine, something American Indians used for cramping. Unfortunately, Tonic Water also contains sugar, as quinine is quite bitter. I know many say don't drink Propel, which I have not, but if I start getting Charlie Horses I will drink it, as it contains electrolytes.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #29  

Quote:
I had to up mine to 2 about a week ago also. I have had them real bad in my calves also for the last 2 days. Maby it is the time of year?? IDK? I did some stretching when I got up and will before bed so I hope that helps. When I was younger and worked washing dishes all night I would get home and put rubbing alcohol on them with a cotton ball and that helped a lot. Dont know why but it did. Might have to try that again.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #30  

I was told potassium for the charlie horses. Broccoli has a lot of potassium in it.
Soccermom I had a dream about food too! Mostly because I had my snack at 3 pm so I didn't have one last night. I only buy 2 restricted items and have them the first and second day of my "new" week. Now I am back to 5 days of boot camp.

So I weighed today and was up a little. Chuckle. I should pack my scale in the trunk too! However, NSV, I start school on Monday so I am trying on clothes to see what fits. I pulled out my cute little size 12 white denim skirt and it fit!!! Woot!! I turned sideways and looked in the mirror and wow, I couldn't believe the difference since the beginning of IP. So It works whether the scale is going down or not each day, the inches are coming off!

HANG IN THERE EVERYONE! IP WORKS!! I can't imagine what I would be doing now for clothes if I hadn't started IP in June. I would probably be crying and going to the thrift shop looking for larger size clothing.

Last edited by sandyh50; 08-19-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Closed Thread