Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #31  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
I will definitely join in your celebration when you hit ONEDERLAND!! Toot, toot!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Onderland is sooooo close! Good for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelearth View Post
gettinmygrooveback[/B] CONGRATULATIONS. Wow, you are an inspirations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
OOOO, congrats on being so close to the 100's! I do want to say "DITTO" to your second paragraph, couldn't have said it better myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Oh my God ! Congratulations.

Like you I seem to be thinking about nothing except hitting onederland ! It's like this is all I want for now.

I am so happy reading about your success, I would like to hear from everybody going through this, I created a new thread concerning onderland and hope I will get tons of replies.

Again, congratulations on your loss, keep up the good work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib View Post
I love your advice!! We are all dif and what works for one person may not for the other. We just need to experiment and find what works for us. I think I get too caught up in numbers sometimes and just need to let my body do its own thing as it is ready.
Thanks.....my drive comes from within but it would never have surfaced the way it has without the support of all the people on this board! Thank you!

Quote:
Hey, I'm back to the charlie horses again. I upped the potassium to 2 last time and it helped until a few days ago. I was up a few times last night with them in both calves so bad. What do you do if you get them?
Actually, Calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium deficiencies can all cause leg cramps. I had a few issues early on and upped my potassium but I also use CALM with Calcium several times per week....in addition to my regular supplementation. Yes, it can seem like a lot. You'd freak if you saw my cabinet! It's tough getting older.......
Old 08-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

I don't know if the massive amounts of senokot finally worked or what but I was finally able to go last night. I think that may have contributed to the loss. I was also in the bathroom more than normal all day and night peeing and I thought to myself, "is this what they talk about when the woosh fairy visits?" I am used to the large quantity of water I drink so I don't normally make that many trips to the bathroom so it was weird.
Ok, this made me laugh hysterically this morning! I'm all about toilet humor since last night's debacle with my son plugging the toilet.

Super excited to have a late lunch with a good friend today. I haven't seen her in about 6 weeks, so I know she'll be excited by how I look now. Since we're not meeting until 1, I went ahead and had half a bar for a little snack. However, now I want to finish the whole thing! Chug, chug, chug my water.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #33  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning! I'm really excited to get started with IP today! Just had the peach / mango drink for breakfast and it wasn't bad at all. Posted this in the intro section as well, but just for easier reference:

Hi! I'm Michelle, I'm a SAHM to 2 wonderful kids 1 & 3 and wife of 6 years to a wonderful husband. I just found IP when my local clinic issued a Groupon for it and I'm really excited to get started! I think the thing that resonated with me the most was when I read about how a balanced diet is just supposed to keep you in balance, not help you lose (or gain) weight. I have between 50 and 75 lbs to lose. I've been overweight my whole life so I'm not exactly sure where I want to be.

I can't wait to dive right in!
Good morning and great plan, I have lost 75 lbs in 6 months on my way to being healthier and happier person. Like Pxlkitty said, follow the handout, no tweeking, no cheats, and read read read the information here it is invaluable. I still go back to faqs when I have questions. Also read the book, it gives you the science to the diet as well. Have a great weekend.

Good morning all I see we are all doing extremely well today. Pselias, your little boy sounds like a handful... I have a dog that use to drop things in the toilet... now she just drops them in her water dish...
I am ever so happy it is Friday, I am not getting enough sleep, with my seperation anxiety dog waking me up through out the nights I look forward to Saturday sleep in until at least 7... Now that it is darker in the mornings the dogs let me sleep a bit later. Everyone sounds like they have great plans for the weekend. I am going to setup my craft room in my basement so my hideabed can be opened for me to sleep in when my dog is stressed. This means moving furniture around and cleaning up my junk... which I have been putting off for a while.
My brother says I am so much happier now that I have lost weight. I think he is right, at least I don't let things bother me as much as they use to... and I wake up every day thing what new thing will happen to me today. I noticed that our Y is having Aqua Zumba so I may have to see if I can get into the class. Should be interesting as long as I can touch the bottom of the pool I am fine, I can swim but I kind of panic if I can't touch the bottom of the pool...

Getting - great post again today, and you are this close to the 100's I am sending you the whoosh fairy.

For those I haven't congratulated, CONGRATULATIONS on all your NSV and SV goals. For those of you that struggle on the weekends to stay OP, here is something for you

Remember when tempted with all that is forbidden, being healthy and skinny is way better then the 2 minutes gratification what ever cheat item might give you....
Old 08-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom9799 View Post
Good morning! I ve been doing really well staying completely OP. I've been around all kinds of temptations in the last couple of weeks and didn't even feel like I had too hard of a time avoiding them. I've been really proud of not cheating at all! but last night I guess my subconcience had to speak! I had dreams all night long about havingvto eat fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy and pizza!!! Too funny, I had a good chuckle when I woke up!! In my dream I had no other choice, it was like the only choices on earth and I keptvtaelling people I had no choice I either hadcto eat this or starve but I kept explaining ketosis to everyone!! Ha ha! I'm happy to report I had my shake this morning and I feel great!!! Anyone else dream about food?
yes! in the beginning I had dreams a lot, not so much any more, maybe it's becoming a new habit, this eating healthy thing!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Good morning and great plan, I have lost 75 lbs in 6 months on my way to being healthier and happier person. Like Pxlkitty said, follow the handout, no tweeking, no cheats, and read read read the information here it is invaluable. I still go back to faqs when I have questions. Also read the book, it gives you the science to the diet as well. Have a great weekend.

Good morning all I see we are all doing extremely well today. Pselias, your little boy sounds like a handful... I have a dog that use to drop things in the toilet... now she just drops them in her water dish...
I am ever so happy it is Friday, I am not getting enough sleep, with my seperation anxiety dog waking me up through out the nights I look forward to Saturday sleep in until at least 7... Now that it is darker in the mornings the dogs let me sleep a bit later. Everyone sounds like they have great plans for the weekend. I am going to setup my craft room in my basement so my hideabed can be opened for me to sleep in when my dog is stressed. This means moving furniture around and cleaning up my junk... which I have been putting off for a while.
My brother says I am so much happier now that I have lost weight. I think he is right, at least I don't let things bother me as much as they use to... and I wake up every day thing what new thing will happen to me today. I noticed that our Y is having Aqua Zumba so I may have to see if I can get into the class. Should be interesting as long as I can touch the bottom of the pool I am fine, I can swim but I kind of panic if I can't touch the bottom of the pool...

Getting - great post again today, and you are this close to the 100's I am sending you the whoosh fairy.

For those I haven't congratulated, CONGRATULATIONS on all your NSV and SV goals. For those of you that struggle on the weekends to stay OP, here is something for you

Remember when tempted with all that is forbidden, being healthy and skinny is way better then the 2 minutes gratification what ever cheat item might give you....
You sound like me as far as water. As long as I can touch the bottom of the pool I am happy!

I am working on setting up my craft items in my bedroom again. With my osteoarthritis in my knees I get tired of climbing the stairs to get a piece of paper to scrapbook or to make a card!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

So I must say, today is crazy. Open house at the school I work for...12 to 6pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, to make it better, a co-worker and I have been trying to win tickets on our local radio station to see Rascal Flatts tonight...and this morning she won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we are going! woohoo.
So now I am stressing about dinner and when/where to get my protein and veggies in...oye
Old 08-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
You sound like me as far as water. As long as I can touch the bottom of the pool I am happy!

I am working on setting up my craft items in my bedroom again. With my osteoarthritis in my knees I get tired of climbing the stairs to get a piece of paper to scrapbook or to make a card!

This is my main goal in losing the weight, because of the osteoarthritis in my knees. When I turned 50 I weighed 204 at 5'1". 10 years later I am 152. I know this has really helped my knees. My doctor is surprised that I don't really have pain in my knees as bone scans show the ost. is quite advanced.
But the more weight I can get off the longer it will be before I need replacements. So I really want to get the rest off with IP.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #38  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
So I must say, today is crazy. Open house at the school I work for...12 to 6pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, to make it better, a co-worker and I have been trying to win tickets on our local radio station to see Rascal Flatts tonight...and this morning she won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we are going! woohoo.
So now I am stressing about dinner and when/where to get my protein and veggies in...oye
I won tickets to Rascal Flatts once too! Enjoy!
Old 08-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Pselias, your little boy sounds like a handful... I have a dog that use to drop things in the toilet... now she just drops them in her water dish...
Oh, yes. We haven't had daycare for 3 weeks now, so he's out of his usual routine. He's not getting warn out by all the activity and his friends. Plus, he's just too darn smart for my sanity some days!

I'm jealous of all the fun stuff everyone has planned this weekend!! I'm getting my car door fixed. But hubby will be home tonight. I was really missing him this week. It's hard on all of us to adjust to his being gone during the week. I don't know how military families manage! they have all of my respect.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

Thats so sweet that you are making such a effort to keep your dog from being scared. My old girl hated storms so I would let her sleep with my husband and move to the couch or sleep on the floor with her so I could rub her ears till she fell asleep.

You need to try the aqua classes! I miss going to mine so much. We quit our gym because it was 20 miles away and gas is too crazy
Old 08-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

Ohh the weekend. I am excited for a couple of days rest. I had work all week and class on tuesday and thursday night. This weekend is open! I think tonight some friends might come over for a card/game night. I look forward to a long walk on saturday due to the great weather! All have a great weekend.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #42  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelearth View Post
I am not a Statistician, but I have used simple statistical analysis in my work. So Bellamack when you eliminate your first week from your average loss then you have to also eliminate your lowest. From what I understand Satiations don't consider the outliers in their computation of the average. Basically any data points that are too far from the majority of the data points are eliminated before computing the average. Your losses are W1 -6.2, W2 -1.6, W3 -3.6, W4 +0.2, W5 -2.2, W6 -2.2, so from statistical point of view -6.2 and +0.2 are outliers, thus you are left with -1.6,-3.6,-2.2,-2.2 which averages to -2.4 pounds loss. Which is real great. Congratulations. Also I have read in numerous places that one should not expect to lose more than 2% of their body weight per week, basically losing between 1%-2% of your weight is healthy. Thus for your current weight you should expect to lose between 1.84 pounds and 3.68 pounds. You are actually right in the middle so you are losing very healthy and on your way to reaching your goal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Ok, I took a stats class 14 years ago, this is EXACTLY right...only I didn't know how to phrase the words right - and really I wasn't that good at stats. Bellamack, I don't really watch other's WI numbers. I glance through them to notice that everyone has low weeks or plus weeks and then keep looking through them to see that they still continue to lose. This gives me hope . I don't pay attention to my average loss only because I'm losing and I'm off meds and that makes me happy. I'll get there eventually, so will you.
Please don't think I'm a *****, but I do have a Ph.D. in Economics and I think we all need a little lesson here. I am not saying this to be condescending or nasty. Please read if you'd like to learn more and skip over this if you don't care.

The arithmetic mean is defined here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arithmetic_mean. (Simply put, you add up all the numbers and divide by the number of observations.)

If you choose to control for outliers, you have a few options:

1) You can look at another measure of central tendancy such as the median, which is the value of the middle one if you line them all up and sort by value. The average home price, for example, is often skewed because of a few million dollar mansions here and there. Imagine Jennifer Aniston's home in your dataset!

2) You can (arbitrarily) decide on outliers and start dropping values before you do the calculation. You can do this in a semi-scientific way by checking measures of variance, such as standard deviation, and choosing to remove specific data points based on the degree to which they are an outlier. The choice of which data points to remove is subjective.

I have spent many years doing litigation support for employment economics legal cases as well as housing/lending. Not once have I seen a calculation that kicks out outliers presented to a judge.

That said, isn't the point that you aren't as fat as you used to be??
(Eye on the prize, everyone!)
Old 08-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #43  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Thank you everyone for the feedback about when you started IP. I find it interesting that clinics really use such individual approaches. It is nice to see that many people heard more or less that same thing but, I really think the clinics that didn't sell it as just a weight loss program probably did the better service.

For the question yesterday about how do they monitor the cheats, I think you were right when you said it may be why they take slow loss so personally. They can really only trust our journals and, yes, people can fudge or lie on a journal. I don't know how they can truly enforce that unless someone admits to what is happening.

Regarding what I read about the calcium, I am trying to remember where I read it but, it was an IP piece of information and it stated that some people have problems with their type of calcium. It really wasn't more of a statement than that.

I do have a piece of literature, believe it was already posted here (maybe by Aunt Sheeshie?? if not, sorry I can't recall who) that tells what the clinics were supposed to advise clients to do for constipation or diarrhea.

Trying to attach it to here; I hope this works!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cal Mag Issues.pdf (91.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 08-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #44  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

WI#13 down 3 more lbs!!
So close to the 50lbs gone. Never believed it was possible for me to drop this weight.
Everyone enjoy your weekend.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #45  

Height: 5'7'

Hmmmmm....I have my weigh in tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. I've had amazing losses each week and I'm afraid this week may 'only' be a pound. I just have to stay on track and keep going

I have a question for everyone....I've been struggling each night this week to fall asleep and then I wake up around 4am-ish for the day. I was so tired I had to take a nap today which I haven't done since being on IP.

Anyone else having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep?
Closed Thread