Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 199/188/143

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg53 View Post
Congratulations to both you and your husband - I understand the fitting into smaller clothes - I've gone down a jeans size from 40 to 38 and am not far from 36. I had to buy a new belt the other day as I ran out of hole on the old one and it was too worn out to worry about any way - that was fun. The best was dragging an older suit out of my closet (I wear them for my work on Sundays) that I hadn't been able to wear for a good six years - it fit great and looked good - I even got some compliments on my "new" suit. My "normal" suits are getting pretty baggy (as well as my shirt collars) - I'll probably have them altered once and then get to buy some new ones when I get to goal.

Also, I suspect there are more men hanging around than meets the eye - I know several guys who have been on or are on the program.

Stay Strong!
Thanks for writing back - hubby has lost 45 pounds and is thrilled. He even thanked me for nudging him (read - nagging at him) to get on board. He's a liver cancer survivor and I can only think that with the no more aspartame and the cleaner food, it's gotta be helping. His oncologist checked his cholesteral last time he was in for blood checks and it's down too. His last round of chemo left him zapped energy-wise and this diet has helped him so much in getting some of it back. He doesn't have many "suit occasions" like you do, but I'm getting him a new one once he hits his goal in about 22 pounds. Take care!
Old 08-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

2riderollercoast-
So happy to see you back! I too have been doing this for 7 months but phase 2 for about 2 months. My losses now are really slow as I think I probably eat a bit over the meat requirement each day but I am still slowwwwwly losing. I really like the wAy I am eating now thou. Feels great and the inches are still melting. Glad you enjoyed your time with your friend and glad something "clicked" and we decided to get healthy this year! I am tucking shirts into my pants for the first time in 15 years! Yeah!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:05 AM   #138  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
2riderollercoast-
So happy to see you back! I too have been doing this for 7 months but phase 2 for about 2 months. My losses now are really slow as I think I probably eat a bit over the meat requirement each day but I am still slowwwwwly losing. I really like the wAy I am eating now thou. Feels great and the inches are still melting. Glad you enjoyed your time with your friend and glad something "clicked" and we decided to get healthy this year! I am tucking shirts into my pants for the first time in 15 years! Yeah!
Isn't it weird, I still don't tuck in a lot of my shirts but my friend has all these smaller shirts and she looks at me yesterday and say you will fit into them now... still tight in the arms but once I get toned I think they will fit. I think we are both so lucky to find IP and we are both on our way. It is nice to have someone that has been around as long as me. I have to now start trying different things to not get in a rut. Have a great night
Closed Thread