Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #76  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
WI#13 down 3 more lbs!!
So close to the 50lbs gone. Never believed it was possible for me to drop this weight.
Everyone enjoy your weekend.
Congrats to you! I sooooo hope to be where you are in that amount of time. Way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Hmmmmm....I have my weigh in tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. I've had amazing losses each week and I'm afraid this week may 'only' be a pound. I just have to stay on track and keep going
I used to be upset with only a pound because you work so hard for such a small loss but this past week put things into perspective. I thought for sure I was going to be up on weigh in day because of how the scale looked all week and when I lost 1 pound, I was less than excited, but after thinking about it long and hard....it wasn't a gain and it's a pound closer to goal. Be proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg53 View Post
For quick relief, mix a Tbls of apple cider vinegar in 8-12 oz of water and drink it down. It works for me.

Good luck!
I'm not sure I can do that. ACV is one thing I have trouble with. If it gets REALLY bad I will have to put my big girl panties on and just do it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylauren19 View Post
Sorry for this, but I need to vent a little. Last night, my boyfriend's company was entertaining clients at a hot new club. My BF really wanted me to go, even though I knew I would be the only sober person in the place. I went because my BF begged me, and it was horrible! We first stopped at a pub, where everyone was eating nachos, potato skins, and every other type of fried appetizer you can think of. Everyone kept trying to force me to eat some, and I had to say no so many times. They also kept trying to get me to drink! I kept saying no, and two people actually bought me a drink, even though I said no. My BF had to drink them.

Then we went to the club, where we had bottle service and the alcohol was flowing like water. EVERYONE was trying to force me to drink, even though I had explained that I was on a strict diet and did not want to blow the past 5 weeks of hard work. Again, people would poor me drinks and hand them to me. I finally got so annoyed with everyone trying to pressure me and not respect my decision, that I had to leave.

What is everyone's obsession with drinking alcohol? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE me a glass of pinot grigio, but why do they feel the need to force it on other people. It was a really difficult night to get through, but I can proudly say that I was 100% OP. Needless to say, I will not put myself in that situation again until after I'm in maintenance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureskinnygirl View Post
When I found out my husband needed emergency surgery this afternoon, all I wanted to do was eat to relieve the stress (old habit) But, I didn't. I ate two bars spaced out and a packet. Better than grabbing a snickers in the vending machine. I still managed to weigh in today and I lost 5.6 pounds. Woohoo. We are all home and he is doing well. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
I deal with this too. Luckily we hang out with a lot of the same people a lot of the time so they are used to it at this point and have finally given up. Sucks you had to leave because they were being like that but good for you sticking to your guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I don't understand people when it comes to alcohol.

In the future, I suggest asking the bartender for a club soda with lime and have them put it in a tall glass. Maybe ask them to add some mint leaves so that it looks like a mojito. Tell people that you are drinking either a gin and tonic or a mojito... I would even suggest telling the bartender that you are on a special diet protocol that doesn't allow alcohol (because of the sugar), but would rather others not know. They'll think you're pregnant and hiding it, but who [email protected]?
I found this last sentence funny because last night my nephew asked if I'd been drinking and when I said I can't drink he gave me a funny look like "what haven't you told me". I hurried and explained it wasn't on my diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
I am numb. Yesterday AM was my "official" WI#11. I was beside myself to see that 201 on the scale, so happy knowing 199.5 was right around the corner! This morning I got on the scale (I weigh everyday and have done so since day 1) and I'll be d***, if the sucker didn't read 199.5. I have weighed myself no less than 10 times this morning with each reading at 199.5. My pattern has always been to drop on the weekend. At every WI, I have dropped at least one pound the next day......unusual but you haven't heard me complain. I was expecting my body to hold steady and hover at 200 for days.... give me one last fight. Is this real? Did I really DO it? OMG I am in ONEDERLAND So why am I so numb? And why am I petrified that someone is going to take this away from me? I haven't cried yet, but at some point that numbness is going to wear off and the tears of joy are gonna flow. I did it...I did it....OMG, I did it!
Nobody is going to take that away from you. And you are going to keep going and continue to amaze all of us and yourself. You got this girl! Congrats to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Hello everyone! I'm jumping back on board and thought no better way than to start posting in the daily thread again. It's been some months since I was on plan and I'm back to stay till the finish line. I've been off program basically since December of last year. Gained around 18 pounds back and have finally got me head together again. It feels wonderful even after just one day!

Looking forward to reading everyone's accomplishments which helps keep me in check.
Welcome back.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #77  

Quote:
I am numb. Yesterday AM was my "official" WI#11. I was beside myself to see that 201 on the scale, so happy knowing 199.5 was right around the corner! This morning I got on the scale (I weigh everyday and have done so since day 1) and I'll be d***, if the sucker didn't read 199.5. I have weighed myself no less than 10 times this morning with each reading at 199.5. My pattern has always been to drop on the weekend. At every WI, I have dropped at least one pound the next day......unusual but you haven't heard me complain. I was expecting my body to hold steady and hover at 200 for days.... give me one last fight. Is this real? Did I really DO it? OMG I am in ONEDERLAND So why am I so numb? And why am I petrified that someone is going to take this away from me? I haven't cried yet, but at some point that numbness is going to wear off and the tears of joy are gonna flow. I did it...I did it....OMG, I did it!

Congratulations!!! So happy for you . you are amazing!
Old 08-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #78  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 261 / see ticker / 155

Height: 5'6

Gettinmygrooveback- congrats on onederland! You earned it! Keep doing what you're doing!

In regards to drinking, just tell them I'm not drinking, I won't budge and that's that! If they waste their money then they are fools

This is my last day of vacation and I can't wait to go home to normal life! Too many temptations here. My father in law brought 2 boxes of donuts and it was torture but I survived while everyone else ate junk.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #79  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Old 08-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #80  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Just a thought on wasting money when people are cheating on the diet. My brother used to tell me, "next time I decide that I should buy a boat, tell me to go stand in the shower and rip up $20 bills until I get over it."

Maybe this would work for people who are contemplating a high-carb cheat as a way of making the cost of the cheat more tangible.

Go to your wallet, take out two $20 bills, and rip them up. You are setting yourself back half a week, and that is the cost of food for half a week or so.

If you are willing to do that, go ahead and cheat!
Old 08-20-2011, 01:46 PM   #81  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Just a thought on wasting money when people are cheating on the diet. My brother used to tell me, "next time I decide that I should buy a boat, tell me to go stand in the shower and rip up $20 bills until I get over it."

Maybe this would work for people who are contemplating a high-carb cheat as a way of making the cost of the cheat more tangible.

Go to your wallet, take out two $20 bills, and rip them up. You are setting yourself back half a week, and that is the cost of food for half a week or so.

If you are willing to do that, go ahead and cheat!
That is exactly what keeps me from cheating and I don't even spend as much since I do alternatives.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #82  
Started IP 7/8/11

S/C/G: 258.8/183/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Congrats!!!!! That is so exciting and YOU did it!! That is funny about losing the day after weigh in cuz that happened to me too this morning, oh well more for next weigh in . I love your yoga pic, I do yoga twice a week and love it. Just curious, do you do any extra protein or packet on the days you do yoga? I haven't but was curious if you did. CONGRATS again!!
Old 08-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #83  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureskinnygirl View Post
When I found out my husband needed emergency surgery this afternoon, all I wanted to do was eat to relieve the stress (old habit) But, I didn't. I ate two bars spaced out and a packet. Better than grabbing a snickers in the vending machine. I still managed to weigh in today and I lost 5.6 pounds. Woohoo. We are all home and he is doing well. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Congrats on staying strong and working through that emotional eating. I am glad to hear your DH is home and doing well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmeghanmom View Post
Today is day 5! I was measured again on day 3 and weighed (the visit was more of a "lets make sure you didn't fall apart), and supposedly 2 lbs are off!

Today is prep and cook day so I don't have to keep doing it each day--cut up veggies, fix proteins, fix puddings, whatever I can do within reason in advance. I also need to go to the grocery.....but school starts here on Tues so I need to do what I can to make this week go smooth!

I got 3 more boxes of food at my checkin last Thurs. Finally got some bars.

Soups work great for me to get rid of veggies (I confess, I don't like a lot of veggies, so I do soups and then a salad for most lunches--although I'm trying some of the recipes). Different puddings and plan to fix a bunch of those for the fridge to make "parfaits".

I am NOT bonding with the drinks. I esp need to find something else for breakfast when I go back in on Thurs--I need something substantial like the omlet--the yogurt drink just doesn't seem to last till lunch, and eating lettuce in the AM doesn't work. I know I can start eating a bar once a day (I can starting Monday) so that will help, but I may need to do that at lunch to speed that meal. Thoughts on what else will be good for breakfast? The crepes or pancakes are available now?

I did the pina colada last night for snack (blended it then put it in the freezer for an hour)--still don't know why it is supposed to be wonderful. Other drinks? Other drinks that would work for breakfast?

So far, I actually like the puddings and use extracts as needed to jazz them up. But I'm just now moving into the restricted foods, and also have hardly tried out any drinks so thoughts are appreciated. I will search through the FAQ as well.

Thanks as always--carrie
I eat my restricted(bar or oatmeal) in the morning and have an orange drink for lunch.

Quote:
GEAUX CAT!!.....You did it and you will keep going. AWESOME job! So happy for you. I can't wait to get to the TWOerland!.....only 24more lbs and I am there...WOOHOO!!!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Well, I wanted to create a OP, IP Dream/Nightmare thread, but I couldn't figure it out. Everyone's dreams crack me up and i am so glad we can share them with each other because we all understand the stress of waking up worried you blew the plan, but then celebrate and laugh because we you didn't!

My dream last night... I had a dream I was at a wedding and found a MASSIVE dessert bar that was pretty hidden, no one had discovered it. It had banana foster and cheesecakes and make your own sundae bar. it was crazy, so I made banana foster and a variety plate and found a hidden bathroom to hide and eat it in, and I took a bite of everything and it all tasted gross and not worth it. I was happy and sad at the same time. sad because I caved in and was going to cheat and sad that i took a bite and then spit it out because it tasted blah and not even delish!
Old 08-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #85  

Hi again, I have a question that just came up and I am hoping someone can help me. Are red peppers considered a restricted or unlimited vegetable. I saw them as unlimited(bell peppers) on one list I have and green pepers unlimited and "peppers" as restricted on another. I ask becuase they are my absolute favorite and I can eat them everyday without a problem. Help!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 02:22 PM   #86  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sle1961 View Post
Hi again, I have a question that just came up and I am hoping someone can help me. Are red peppers considered a restricted or unlimited vegetable. I saw them as unlimited(bell peppers) on one list I have and green pepers unlimited and "peppers" as restricted on another. I ask becuase they are my absolute favorite and I can eat them everyday without a problem. Help!!!
All colors of bell peppers are now unrestricted veggies. Enjoy!
Old 08-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #87  

Thanks for the great news. We're on our way to Philly to check out my daughters new apt (off campus living uggg). I will have my bag of peppers ready to munch on the way. Yay!!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #88  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sle1961 View Post
Thanks for the great news. We're on our way to Philly to check out my daughters new apt (off campus living uggg). I will have my bag of peppers ready to munch on the way. Yay!!!!

Oooooh!! Enjoy!! Hubby and DD17 flew down to Philly this weekend to visit relatives and to check out Colleges! They visited Villa Nova yesterday and she loved it! She has one more year before she goes a packin'!! Woot woot!!

A beautiful day here today!! Day 2 on Phase 3 for me!! YUM!!! I could get used to this!!! LOL!!! Hubby down in PA trying to stay Phase 3!! Hope he does well!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 08-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #89  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Y'all are amazing! The support and encouragement I find here far outweighs anything I would ever get from friends and family. Thank you so very much. I do my best to pay it forward.....

I am no longer numb. Reality hit in yoga class this morning when I SAW myself in the mirror. Who is that skinny chick? That and watching my instructor/IP coach jumping up and down in excitement. She walked into the studio, looked at me wide-eyed and then said "You did it, didn't you?" Numbness gone! I haven't cried...yet. I know if I got on the scale RIGHT NOW is would say 20?......but I am not about to even go check. Not looking back, anymore.

My 50% goal reward was today...a facial! But since I hit onederland AND am now at 58% goal, my facial turn into a microdermabrasion and a Jessner Peel. I am worth it! And since my man's out of town working, I picked myself up a nice filet mignon from the market for dinner. Would you believe the chick kept trying to sell me a stuffed potato and creamed spinach to go with my filet.....She finally stopped after 4 "nos".

Happy Girl!

SarahDC Yes, I do add extra protein on yoga days. Actually, I exercise in some form or fashion everyday...so extra everyday. I can't live without my yoga...my body craves it. My dream is to be featured on the cover of Yoga Journal posing in the most perfect "Lord of the Dance" that anyone has ever seen!
Old 08-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

So much catching up to do. Work was getting in the way of checking the boards yesterday, so I had to catch up today

Lots of great SV's happening! I LOVE IT!

I am officially 7 days into bootcamp. I am hoping for another good loss this week, but I hope for it every week, so what else is new??? It is funny how we all have a little "schedule" of drops, or so it seems. I can go all week roughly staying the same weight and then have a big drop after the weekend. It is kind of weird.

Had scrambled eggs for lunch today, and OMG I forgot how much I missed them! I haven't had them since I started IP for no reason in particular and I was trying to decide if I should have chicken or chicken for lunch and it was just not appealing. And then all the sudden it hit me- Eggs! They were so yummy.

Dare I say, that I think that the weekends are getting easier to manage? Could it be that I am actually breaking old habits? I do not seem to suffer as much through them. I don't mean "suffer" in the actual sense, but weekends have been very hard for me and I would struggle through them with wanting to eat off plan foods and snack. I am noticing that each weekend that goes by, it gets a little bit better.

I can't believe that I am in my 12th week of IP and how far I have come. This is absolutely the best program I have ever done. I am getting closer and closer to goal every day and I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have never felt that before.
Closed Thread