Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #31  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird68 View Post
Laissez les bin temps roulet - the ideal protein way! I live in Zachary and go to the Baton Rouge clinic Noone understands food the way we do in the south.
Yeah you right! (NOLA native here ) No need to be nervous....be excited! You are about to embark on a great adventure that will lead you to a very happy healthy place. Good luck!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #32  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Whirlybird88..you are so right about Southern eaters. We live to eat...not eat to live. Eating is definitely a sport here in Nawlins, but didn't prove challenging as I started my first day of IP on Saturday. Completely OP for Sat and Sun. Scale didn't move though today. Am I expecting too much too soon?

Do have a question...do we have to eat the lettuce?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #33  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticgirl View Post
Whirlybird88..you are so right about Southern eaters. We live to eat...not eat to live. Eating is definitely a sport here in Nawlins, but didn't prove challenging as I started my first day of IP on Saturday. Completely OP for Sat and Sun. Scale didn't move though today. Am I expecting too much too soon?

Do have a question...do we have to eat the lettuce?

Have a great day everyone!
Girl, you said a mouthful! (pun intended) Food, food everywhere....and not just any food, but way too much good stuff. It takes lots of willpower! Your efforts are well worth it.

My advice in the first few weeks is to follow the protocol EXACTLY. Give you body time to adjust to IP and eat your lettuce and all your allowed vegetables. One, it helps fill you up and two, it provides necessary ruffage to make sure "everything" comes out as it should.

Stay strong....this works! 6 weeks ago I would not have believed I be where I am right now. 25# lighter and the compliments are rollin' in. I was told this morning "I was hot". Totally made my day!
Old 07-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 152/115/115

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hi everyone! I am a fellow Louisiana girl--Cajun Country. I entered phase 4 the first of AUgust 2010. It was an amazing journey that I have found provides me a way to stay in control! I lurk here but decided to chime in. Glad to be here
Old 07-11-2011, 01:13 PM   #35  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Girl, you said a mouthful! (pun intended) Food, food everywhere....and not just any food, but way too much good stuff. It takes lots of willpower! Your efforts are well worth it.

My advice in the first few weeks is to follow the protocol EXACTLY. Give you body time to adjust to IP and eat your lettuce and all your allowed vegetables. One, it helps fill you up and two, it provides necessary ruffage to make sure "everything" comes out as it should.

Stay strong....this works! 6 weeks ago I would not have believed I be where I am right now. 25# lighter and the compliments are rollin' in. I was told this morning "I was hot". Totally made my day!
ut oh....watch out Gettinmygrooveback is a cougar now!!....and I agree....9 weeks ago when I started this venture I never know I would be 45lbs lighter than I was when I started. I went to my nephew's wedding shower this weekend and didn't even look at the food but I DID SMELL the boudain!!! Smelled delicious but I just drank my MIO and kept talking to everyone (put my thoughts elsewhere stayed distracted) it wasn't hard at all either. I was talking with my mom and told her watching other people eat stuff sometimes makes me sick to my stomach to see how much they eat. I wasn't a very big eater but I only ate once a day, wouldn't eat breakfast or lunch that was my problem. I eat more now than I have ever eaten before...its strange for sure.

I have 2 young nephews who are 13 and 11, both of them or overweight. I was talking to both of them this weekend about what they eat and my mom said look how long it took her to listen to me about eating right...I said I know that is why I am talking to them now so they don't get as big as me and weight to long. When I told them that their stomach's were as big as their fist both of their eyes got big. I asked them ALL THAT FOOD y'all eat....where is it going? and they both just shrugged their shoulders. But I put that thought in their heads. They don't see me very often so when they do see me they see me getting smaller so maybe it is something positive for them to think about.

I am SOOOOOOO glad that I made this thread and to have met so many of us from the South! We have a bond with food that no one understands!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #36  
Me (middle) & Sistas

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
ut oh....watch out Gettinmygrooveback is a cougar now!!....and I agree....9 weeks ago when I started this venture I never know I would be 45lbs lighter than I was when I started. I went to my nephew's wedding shower this weekend and didn't even look at the food but I DID SMELL the boudain!!! Smelled delicious but I just drank my MIO and kept talking to everyone (put my thoughts elsewhere stayed distracted) it wasn't hard at all either. I was talking with my mom and told her watching other people eat stuff sometimes makes me sick to my stomach to see how much they eat. I wasn't a very big eater but I only ate once a day, wouldn't eat breakfast or lunch that was my problem. I eat more now than I have ever eaten before...its strange for sure.

I have 2 young nephews who are 13 and 11, both of them or overweight. I was talking to both of them this weekend about what they eat and my mom said look how long it took her to listen to me about eating right...I said I know that is why I am talking to them now so they don't get as big as me and weight to long. When I told them that their stomach's were as big as their fist both of their eyes got big. I asked them ALL THAT FOOD y'all eat....where is it going? and they both just shrugged their shoulders. But I put that thought in their heads. They don't see me very often so when they do see me they see me getting smaller so maybe it is something positive for them to think about.

I am SOOOOOOO glad that I made this thread and to have met so many of us from the South! We have a bond with food that no one understands!
I'm so glad you started this post too. Who else would know what boudain is?
Old 07-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #37  

Quote:
I'm so glad you started this post too. Who else would know what boudain is?
I know right? its funny because when you tell people what it is made of they look at you all confused and stuff like you really eat that?...hahahha
Old 07-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #38  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Gettinmygrooveback, I can't remember the last time I was called hot, lol. This is my first day on the ip products, Lord give me strength.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:30 AM   #39  
Me (middle) & Sistas

Good Morning Belles...I am on day four and feel great. Am I doing something wrong? I really think I'm not doing the vegetables right. Either under or overdoing. And, Im not eating lettuce and/or spinich. Is this necessary?

Whirlybird68...Welcome. We are here for support too.
Wuv2bloved....You look great. What an inspiration.

Got a confirmation email yesterday that my WF products shipped. Im excited to get them.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #40  

Quote:
Good Morning Belles...I am on day four and feel great. Am I doing something wrong? I really think I'm not doing the vegetables right. Either under or overdoing. And, Im not eating lettuce and/or spinich. Is this necessary?

Whirlybird68...Welcome. We are here for support too.
Wuv2bloved....You look great. What an inspiration.

Got a confirmation email yesterday that my WF products shipped. Im excited to get them.

Why do you think you are doing something wrong? because you feel great?? As long as you are eating 2 cups of veggies for lunch and supper you are doing it right. I do not eat the lettuce every time, just if I am really hungry which is hardly ever. But sometimes I do fix myself a nice salad for lunch and add broccoli slaw to it for a crunch, put some squash in it, cucumbers and then of course the WF salad dressing....Creamy bacon is my FAVORITE!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #41  

Quote:
Gettinmygrooveback, I can't remember the last time I was called hot, lol. This is my first day on the ip products, Lord give me strength.

You have a lot of strength already you have committed to changing your life by taking this first step to get OP. You will do fine, which packs do you have for this week?
Old 07-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #42  
aka CAT

Quote:
Then you have something to add to your "things to look forward to" list. Understand that the first week can be a little tough. Your body has to adjust to the nutrition you are now feeding it. Please read Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's booklet. The link can be found at the bottom of the first post on each Daily Thread. It will explain just what's happening and why your body is able to loose it's excess weight so quickly and most importantly, why you should work through ALL the phases.

Good luck and stay strong. Plenty of excellent information on this site as well as a large group of folks wiling to help you the best they can. Just don't CHEAT so the program will work for you. You are in charge of your food...not the other way around.

I am currently on Cloud 9 and feel better than I have in a very, very long time.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #43  
aka CAT

Quote:
My advice is to follow the program as written for the first 2-3 weeks before you make personal adjustments. Give your body a nice period of time to transition. The lettuce is there for several reasons. One, to help fill you up and two, to add necessary ruffage for your digestive system.

Work the program correctly so it can work for you.......and it does work!

Stay strong!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #44  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Im halfway through the first day. I feel fine but raspberry jello tastes weird. I envision myself 50 lbs lighter on Dec 1st, in Jesus' name.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:39 PM   #45  

Quote:
Im halfway through the first day. I feel fine but raspberry jello tastes weird. I envision myself 50 lbs lighter on Dec 1st, in Jesus' name.
I have not tried any of the jello's yet, I'll stick to the puddings or the chocolate drink...YUMMY!!!

I agree with Getting, follow the program to a "T" for the first 3 weeks, even though you feel like you can't eat it spread it out to eat everything throughout the day!
Closed Thread