Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #136  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GramEGail View Post
Baton Rouge here! Did well on IP for 6 weeks and lost 17 lbs. Got off track for a few weeks and am working to get back in the groove of it again! Great to see so many people from our area.
WHOO HOO!!! Good for you! Have you maintained any of that earlier loss? If so, you gotta head start! Smile. Just jump back on board as quick as you can to begin reach ketosis and LET THE LOSSES BEGIN!
Old 07-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #137  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticgirl View Post
Hey Cat,

Im in Harahan. Wonder if you know my boyfriend's family (Donegans). They seem to know EVERYONE in River Ridge. Lived there for 50+ years.
Can't say that I do....I haven't lived in the area in many years, but I return HOME quite often to see my friends. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if some of my friends knew of the Donegans. Small world in that area! Love it....
Old 07-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #138  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
Is anyone else here on Ideal To Go?
I haven't really seen too many people talking about Ideal To Go. I tried to create an account when I first started but that's a no-go because I am registered via a clinic.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #139  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjungrl02 View Post
Started Thanksgiving week, had 3 weeks off in January for surgery. By May I had lost 50#'s . My father passed away in May and I have been off since. HAve not gained any weight back. Starting again 2nd week in August to finish this journey!! I want to total loss 150#s. I'll be here a while....... Look forward to actually talking with pthers, first time I lurked, but seeing that others are close to me and know how we really enjoy our food will make things easier I hope!!
We'll be here when your ready!
Old 07-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #140  
aka CAT

Wow, I'm really having an off day. Not off program but just feeling off balance. Still trying to get my thyroid medicine straight and my back feels like its about to snap in half. I was up very late, way past my normal bedtime. I am very much a creature of habit and I am so hoping that's what has me out of sorts. On Friday, I felt skinny...today, not at all!

Here's to a good night's rest and an exceptional week ahead.

The beach is callin'.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #141  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Wow, I'm really having an off day. Not off program but just feeling off balance. Still trying to get my thyroid medicine straight and my back feels like its about to snap in half. I was up very late, way past my normal bedtime. I am very much a creature of habit and I am so hoping that's what has me out of sorts. On Friday, I felt skinny...today, not at all!

Here's to a good night's rest and an exceptional week ahead.

The beach is callin'.
I think the weather has a lot to do with the way we feel. Today I didn't feel so swift myself. My right lower back is killing me today for some reason and my right hip is acting crazy today. Hopefully tomorrow I won't be walking all crooked anymore...haha...I feel about 80 yrs old today and weigh 1000lbs...damn dreary weather!....hahah
Old 07-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #142  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yikes! Ya think it's IP contagious? I get my left shoulder MRI on Wed... Not another rotator cuff!!!? My shoulder/back/forearm have either ached dreadfully or gone numb all day! But the sun was shining, the birds at my feeder were singing and the newest son-in-law's recipe for ribs ROCKED!!! ...with no brown sugar! Yay! Here's hoping you both/all sleep well and have a great Monday!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #143  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I think the weather has a lot to do with the way we feel. Today I didn't feel so swift myself. My right lower back is killing me today for some reason and my right hip is acting crazy today. Hopefully tomorrow I won't be walking all crooked anymore...haha...I feel about 80 yrs old today and weigh 1000lbs...damn dreary weather!....hahah
Very true. I did do my entire yard today in the heat...did have a sporatic cool breeze with the approaching rain. But my back was hurting BEFORE that. Just need to write it off as ONE OF THOSE DAYS. Just took some kava kava (as recommeded by my doc) it helps calm everything down and hopefully keeps me asleep all night.

I hope you have a pain free day tomorrow as well.

Nite all.....Monday 4:30AM comes a bit too quickly these days.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #144  

Quote:
Yikes! Ya think it's IP contagious? I get my left shoulder MRI on Wed... Not another rotator cuff!!!? My shoulder/back/forearm have either ached dreadfully or gone numb all day! But the sun was shining, the birds at my feeder were singing and the newest son-in-law's recipe for ribs ROCKED!!! ...with no brown sugar! Yay! Here's hoping you both/all sleep well and have a great Monday!

Back in March I found out I have severe arthritis and no longer have any cartlidge left in my right hip and lower back. This is why I decided to start this program. My Dr said I would probably have to have a hip replacement and if I didn't lose some weight it would not be successful. He said for ever extra pound you carry you put an extra 6 lbs of pressure on your back. So I am determined to get all of this weight off so that it will be successful. I am hoping that if I lose all of my weight it won't hurt me so much. I went see him last week and when he walked in he said OH MY you have lost weight how much when I told him at the time it was 45lbs he said very good I am very proud of you. I go back to him in the middle of August so I am hoping to be down another 15lb maybe even 20. I am tired of hurting, I've never let it slow me down though I just deal with it and move on. No point in just sitting and mooping about it right?
Old 07-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #145  

Thank you all for the welcome, I am heading to facebook now to join!!!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #146  
aka CAT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Back in March I found out I have severe arthritis and no longer have any cartlidge left in my right hip and lower back. This is why I decided to start this program. My Dr said I would probably have to have a hip replacement and if I didn't lose some weight it would not be successful. He said for ever extra pound you carry you put an extra 6 lbs of pressure on your back. So I am determined to get all of this weight off so that it will be successful. I am hoping that if I lose all of my weight it won't hurt me so much. I went see him last week and when he walked in he said OH MY you have lost weight how much when I told him at the time it was 45lbs he said very good I am very proud of you. I go back to him in the middle of August so I am hoping to be down another 15lb maybe even 20. I am tired of hurting, I've never let it slow me down though I just deal with it and move on. No point in just sitting and mooping about it right?
Our ages must be showing! I hope we all have a much better day today. I got on the scale this AM and up 1.5# form Sat. Go figure. Double water intake today for sure. I slept well last night and my back is feeling a little better. Now I have to deal with the pressure headache. Not complaining or whining just stating the facts, ma'am.

Lisa.....doesn't it feel fantastic to know that everyday you are a step closer to being healthier? I hope you pain goes away more and more each day. Understand that adrenal exhaustion and hypothyrodism go hand in hand. Pushing through too much when your body is SCREAMING for you to slow down can lead to adrenal fatigue. I know...been there, done that several times in my life. You'd of thought I'd have learned my lesson the first time but us Type A's are so hard headed.

Have a great day my southern belles...and I hope you all can stay DRY!

CAT
Old 07-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #147  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Oh My Word! Who is absolutely tired of the rain? Woke up here in New Orleans to thunderstorms (again) and just wanted to pull the covers back over my head. I am ready for some sunshine. I know all of us in the South are getting hammered.

Today is my first weigh in. I know I have done excellent for a solid 9 days, so we'll see what the scale says. I forgot my lunch at home this morning, so will run to Roberts and make a salad at some point.

Everyone have a great (and roadway safe) Monday!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #148  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Celticgirl, my weigh in is tonight! And yes, I am tired of the nasty weather. Not to mention how often I am having to mow since the drought lifted.Gettinmygrooveback what is ideal to go?
Old 07-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #149  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

You know why I love our thread and always look forward to reading it? Positive, enlightening and personal. I am so over the other threads confessing to their cheats I want to scream! I think the only reason they "confess" is to be coddled back into the program. Poor eating got me here and every day that I stay OP empowers me as a person.

And, although I am only 9 days in....I have never felt better and find the program with enough variety that I don't crave or want anything else. My desire to be true to myself is much more overwhelming than pizza or ice cream or whatever else.

Ok...maybe its the rainy days that put me on a rant. But I had to say something! Whew.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticgirl View Post
You know why I love our thread and always look forward to reading it? Positive, enlightening and personal. I am so over the other threads confessing to their cheats I want to scream! I think the only reason they "confess" is to be coddled back into the program. Poor eating got me here and every day that I stay OP empowers me as a person.

And, although I am only 9 days in....I have never felt better and find the program with enough variety that I don't crave or want anything else. My desire to be true to myself is much more overwhelming than pizza or ice cream or whatever else.

Ok...maybe its the rainy days that put me on a rant. But I had to say something! Whew.

LOL...I so TOTALLY agree with you about EVERYTHING! its not just the rain making you rant....hahaha.

BOTH of you will have excellent WI's I am predicting!!!!!
Closed Thread