Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #91  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Way 2 go Celticgirl. I am on day 4, still waking up every day and taking a bc. I have a headache, am weak and nauseous. I am op and determined. Long day at work, I packed a nice salad, about a cup of plain steamed broccoli, plenty water and 2 ip packets, along with one dill pickle. Does that sound right?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:41 AM   #92  
To be fit for my King!

Good job wuv2bloved. Slowly but surely the weight will come off and we can get off of phase 1.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #93  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird68 View Post
Wuv2bloved you are very helpful. How do I know when I am in ketosis?
I personally had no physical indications, but ketones can cause bad breath and body odor when leaving your body. It doesn't affect everyone. I bought some Ketostix (made by Bayer) to appease my brain. Some days (first morning urine only) still show negative, but I'm still loosing........go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
DO NOT TRY the pomgrante drink....my gag reflex came up on that one....my coach said you have to let the foam settle and it taste better but I don't want to try it again. ALL of the bars are great, I like the oatmeal for breakfast and I add a little cinnamon to it. I didn't eat the blueberry as a pudding I did it as a shake wasn't too bad but not my favorite either. The chocolate drink is my favorite, I put a few ice cubes in the shaker and shake it til the ice is gone....YUMMY! I have Vanilla pudding this week taste like white cake batter to me...lol...same with the lemon pudding, guess I'm weird.....lol
I like the berry drink. I only have it after exercise or when I have had a very active day. Fills me up MORE than any other drink I've tried. Chocolate drink is my morning ritual. Love to add cinnamon or SF raspberry syrup. I use all the puddings as drinks Love the lemon bars but not the lemon pudding. Saving my last two lemon puddings to make "cakes". And I just discovered the omelet...yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticgirl View Post
I had ordered from Walden Farms...that should be in today. Im waiting to "test the waters" before I buy any more. But Rouses had everything (@$3.89..cheaper than WF) so I can go stock up on flavors.
I just got an order from netrition.com yesterday. I believe they are even cheaper than $3.89. Digging the chipolte ranch drizzled on my broccoli!

Quote:
OkeeDokee Belles, I am on day 7. Have been completely OP on IP. Have adjusted and found it pretty easy. I guess I could say I had an empowering NSV last night with my two sons (16/18). I picked up poboys and though I was intoxicated by the smell....not even a bite. Didn't even really want a bite. OK I did, but its only food right? The great thing was, since I hadn't seen them in two weeks (they were off camping with their dad), my oldest son asked if I had lost weight.
Your mindset is getting right. I watched a friend almost lick his plate clean last night with a burger and fries. Initally I thought the smell was gonna do me in, but I WON! I enjoyed my lime water and my meeting and was just tickled pink with myself. Stay strong.....those roast beef and fried shrimp poboys aren't going anywhere. You will, one day, enjoy a small taste or two and it will taste better than EVER!

I am happy, overjoyed and down right estatic today. I am down another 4# and another 4 inches. I haven't tallied my inches but that makes 26.5# in 6 weeks!

Happy Friday everyone.......stay OP so you can be who you need/want to be!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #94  
aka CAT

Quote:
Way 2 go Celticgirl. I am on day 4, still waking up every day and taking a bc. I have a headache, am weak and nauseous. I am op and determined. Long day at work, I packed a nice salad, about a cup of plain steamed broccoli, plenty water and 2 ip packets, along with one dill pickle. Does that sound right?
What's in your salad? You should be having TWO cups of non-restrictive veggies with your lunch and then another TWO cups with your dinner. Week one is not pleasant and it does get better. The headache, weakness, etc. is your body detoxing from sugar/carbs. Hard to do right now, but look at it as a good thing. This is a sign of ketosis. Stay strong......you're getting there!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #95  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
I had ordered from Walden Farms...that should be in today. Im waiting to "test the waters" before I buy any more. But Rouses had everything (@$3.89..cheaper than WF) so I can go stock up on flavors.

You are such an inspiration on the boards. I read your kudos and advice everywhere. Thanks!
Drug Emporium is cheaper than Rouse's. Well I know here at Rouse's its $3.89 a bottle and at Drug Emporium its only like $2.89 so you might check there too.

And thank you, I know how hard it is to everyone to get these pounds off, I am a very positive person and try to get everyone in that state of mind. There isn't too many times you won't see a smile on my face. I was told by a friend of mine..... do you ever think negative? I said nope I don't takes to much time to find the wrong when you know what the right thing is to do! He is always thinking negative things and I turn them around to positive then his attitude changes, he said its amazing how I look at things. I am just ME, this is who I am. I am glad that I can help here, I guess its like I have a bond with all of y'all and it makes me feel good to be loosing weight with everyone. We all will get these pounds off one day at a time!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #96  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

I just <3 ya'll!

The I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! spray is acceptable. Be careful not to overuse.

Kat, the chipotle ranch...it's good? I've been wanting to try, but the regular ranch didn't do it for me. Neither did the caesar. I'm liking my own dressing mostly.

Wuv2bloved, I feel you on the positive Polly! Thanks for the kind words.

Whirlybird, that sounds about right, maybe some more veggies depending on what's in your salad!

AFM. Today we're going to Walk-On's for lunch. I, for one, LOVE the raspberry jello and the blueberry pom drink, and will be bringing my shaker and drink packet to the restaurant, mixing it with some ice water, and ordering a side of steamed veggies! I love that.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #97  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Oh...and for the headaches, that's an even bigger reason not to cheat! Each time you go into ketosis, you have to repeat that process. It SUCKS! Trust me. Been there, done that, too many times.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #98  

ok I have to figure out this multi quote thing so I reply once instead of a bunch of times...haha

Celticgirl- its great to hear that your son noticed you lost weight and you are just on your first week that is awesome. Yesterday I had a reaction from one of the girls I work with. They don't see me very often its been probably a month or so since they have seen me and I was dressed in regular clothes (uniform is a polo and Khaki's) and her response was OMG girl! and I smiled and said what? she said LOOK AT YOU...DAMN!!!!....I said thank you she asked how much I had gone and when I said 50lbs she about freaked out. So it was a great feeling!!

Getting- WOOHOO!!!!!!!......great weight loss this week that is awesome keep up the great work!!! with a loss like that do you really want that Vodka now?...hahaha

I am going to try and create a spreadsheet for us so we can keep up with each other. What day does everyone weigh in on? My day is on Wednesday
Old 07-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
I personally had no physical indications, but ketones can cause bad breath and body odor when leaving your body. It doesn't affect everyone. I bought some Ketostix (made by Bayer) to appease my brain. Some days (first morning urine only) still show negative, but I'm still loosing........go figure!

I like the berry drink. I only have it after exercise or when I have had a very active day. Fills me up MORE than any other drink I've tried. Chocolate drink is my morning ritual. Love to add cinnamon or SF raspberry syrup. I use all the puddings as drinks Love the lemon bars but not the lemon pudding. Saving my last two lemon puddings to make "cakes". And I just discovered the omelet...yummy!

I just got an order from netrition.com yesterday. I believe they are even cheaper than $3.89. Digging the chipolte ranch drizzled on my broccoli!

Your mindset is getting right. I watched a friend almost lick his plate clean last night with a burger and fries. Initally I thought the smell was gonna do me in, but I WON! I enjoyed my lime water and my meeting and was just tickled pink with myself. Stay strong.....those roast beef and fried shrimp poboys aren't going anywhere. You will, one day, enjoy a small taste or two and it will taste better than EVER!

I am happy, overjoyed and down right estatic today. I am down another 4# and another 4 inches. I haven't tallied my inches but that makes 26.5# in 6 weeks!

Happy Friday everyone.......stay OP so you can be who you need/want to be!
Quote:
The chipolte dressing has a kick to it, its yummy. Cletic make sure you are getting your 2 cups of veggies in for lunch and supper its VERY important. Did you know that you can make the pudding into shakes? just add more water. This morning I was on the run so I grabbed my milk chocolate pudding pack, threw it in my shaker added 8 ozs of water, put a little sea salt in it and some chocolate syrup with 5 ice cubes and shook it while I was walking to the truck. Made a nice thick shake!! Can you tell I like chocolate?...haha

I'm switching things around today usually I have maple oatmeal for lunch but I am having the spaghetti. My brother and I switched packs, he can buy individual packs where as I can only buy by the box. He likes the sketti so I will try it for lunch today. I'll let y'all know how it is.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #100  
aka CAT

Quote:
ok I have to figure out this multi quote thing so I reply once instead of a bunch of times...haha
The button next to the "quote" is the "multi-quote"....go to each post that you want to quote, pick the "multi-quote"...as many as you want and then at the bottom left of the thread (last post) hit POST REPLY and all your collected quotes will magically appear! I just figured it out this AM.

Doesn't it feel good when the loss is noticed. I am happy for you. Not that you need the positive reinforcement, but it does help fuel the desire to success that much more. I am now trying to psych myself up for a non-alcoholic beach trip. Mindset will make it possible.

I was at a club meeting last night.....dark resturant/bar. I hadn't seen any of my group in 2 months. Only one person asked if I'd lost weight but I did get TWO "you look great". While they didn't speak up.....they did notice. I am just at that phase where the difference is now very noticeable and I am so happy. Hope to get a few good shots of me on the beach next week and then do a side-by-side with this year's Jazz Fest. (that's what my profile pic is).

Happy days all........I can hear the beach calling me.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #101  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Kat, the chipotle ranch...it's good? I've been wanting to try, but the regular ranch didn't do it for me. Neither did the caesar. I'm liking my own dressing mostly.
It's got a nice little bite but then again I'm a fire girl! I only drizzle it over my veggies....staying away from the "butter".
Old 07-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #102  

Quote:
It's got a nice little bite but then again I'm a fire girl! I only drizzle it over my veggies....staying away from the "butter".
Yea, I agree with the bite it has but its a good flavor, you know us LA girls we like out KICK!...haha
Old 07-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #103  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
I was already eating low carb/low sugar so maybe I didn't have as much to detox. I am almost worried I was doing something wrong since I didn't have any of the headaches and nausea. However, I can tell Ive lost inches. Stick with it....the hardest part is almost over.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #104  
To be fit for my King!

Quote:
What's in your salad? You should be having TWO cups of non-restrictive veggies with your lunch and then another TWO cups with your dinner. Week one is not pleasant and it does get better. The headache, weakness, etc. is your body detoxing from sugar/carbs. Hard to do right now, but look at it as a good thing. This is a sign of ketosis. Stay strong......you're getting there!
I have romaine lettuce, purple cabbage, mushrooms, green onions and celery with olive oil dressing in my salad.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #105  
aka CAT

Quote:
OHHHHHHH, something else I found is Mt Olive had NO SUGAR added sweet relish and sweet baby gerkins pickles....YUMMY!! its with splenda!
I hit the jackpot with the gherkins today! Happy girl......
Closed Thread