Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #46  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophly0709 View Post
I have been feeling the exact same way! I too am medicated for depression and have been having a heck of a time the past week!!!! My IP doctor didn't think anything of it when he learned that I was being treated for depression. But I definitely think that it is really effecting it!!!
I can't speak firsthand about the problem but I do know that anti-depressants, like pain medicine, can cause weight gain or ****** weight loss. There's a lot of literature about this. If you doctor doesn't know about it, well, um, maybe suggest he get in touch with the IP people to get their take. But definitely Google good sources.

Edit: The word 3FC edited out begins with re and ends with "tard," unless I totally misspelled it and came up with some brand new, totally weird obscenity.

Last edited by Linden; 06-06-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #47  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
About the dogs....I have a Coton & a Lamalese. I keep them in full show coat just because, "If you have a longhaired dog, why make them into a short haired dog?" LOL So, long white hair all over my car! I found a weird little brush, at Petsmart, that actually quite easily gets the hair out of the carpet (BLACK carpet). It's a http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=3680373 It works much better than a lint roller! Just thought I'd share. (My neighbor dog, Kitty (a border collie) is one of the smartest dogs I've ever known)!
Thank you I will have to try that, as it turns out I DIDN't get my car detailed.(not really liking my dealer)... I actually use a brush for undercoat on my rug, it was the only thing I could find that worked... My dogs both shed differently, one in clumps and one in little hairs everywhere, that with a black cat who sheds in clumps and a calico one that sheds I have hair everywhere... So I guess this afternoon after my WI I will be detailing my own car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
have any of you tried the pure protein bars, or will they not work?
I would compare labels and there might be a better alternative like proti-thin, or proti-diet or the health smart bars. I am sure though I have heard people use them. I think I also read that the restricted items have up to 15g protein, so you might want to check that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophly0709 View Post
Great Job!!! 37 pounds is such a wonderful accomplishment!!!! Way to go!

I think that you should just let them have their number but you know that on your scale you have lost pounds! You will continue to go down in numbers now on their scale... but I would mention it to the other coach if you can. From what I understand, a scale shouldn't be moved around very much because it loses it's accuracy...something about the calibration?

As a fellow newbie, I can tell you that it DOES get better! I am in my second week now and I was starving and miserable last week but this week is so much better!! Keep up the good work and you will move through it. The WI tomorrow will make this all worth while for you!

Great job on resisting the temptation!! What a great NSV!!

Congrats on the 4.4 loss!! It is wonderful to have support from your family and friends isn't it? My husband has been so supportive... to the point that he is doing this with me. My mom, not so much, she always think I will fail at things and keeps saying "well you'll do good if you stick to it but it's the sticking to it that you are probably going to have trouble with" Even though I'm 40 the little kid in me wants to prove her so wrong!!!!

I have hypothyroidism and I really didn't think that IP would work for me but it has so far. I think you'll do great and I think you will feel better and lose some of the side effects that hypothyroidism brings with it. I totally think this is one investment that you need to make!! Good Luck!!!!

Good Luck at your WI today!!!!

Well my husband and I have decided to renew our vows on our next anniversary. It will be 5 years of marriage for us this next February. We want to have a ceremony in our church because we did not have a wedding. We were married at the courthouse because I was 6 months so I have something to really look forward to!! I WILL be able to look forward to going shopping for a wedding dress and I WILL look awesome in it!!!!

I need some help... I tried the milk chocolate pudding and I think it is awful!! I was looking so forward to it and was so disappointed in it. What can I add to it to make it better?? Has anyone doctored their puddings up?

Hope everyone has a great day!! Have to go do some homework and will be back on in a little while! All of your tickers are so cute and I can't wait to get mine...waiting impatiently!
I prefer the milk chocolate to the dark chocolate, (my clinic says the milk chocolate are discontinued) but I do add DaVinci syrups to it. I love peanutbutter so I have that syrup, I have caramel and almond rocha I love all 3 in them. I have tried raspberry but prefer the other syrups. I also add walden farms chocolate syrup. I have also added mint extract. Hope that gives you some ideas. Have a good afternoon.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Just not in a mood to feel productive today.
But - I discovered the yummyness of mixing a little Torani SF caramel in with my chocolate drink (powder) - soooo yummy. Felt like rich hot chocolate.
I had a vanilla RTD with lunch and am debating to do a bar for snack and some herbed tilapia for dinner.
We are moving over the next few weeks so this could be easy (i.e. I have my food on hand) or difficult (when my husband is chugging french fries!). I am up for the challenge!
WI on Friday. I couldn't see my regular coach last Friday because she was out of town, and the alternative wasn't really the warm and fuzzy type, so I look forward to my original one again. Hopefully some more Lb's off.

I don't think my husband is really noticing but my parents did - over WEBCAM! My pants were definitely looser, so that felt great!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Hey all!

All of a sudden, I feel really sick... nausesous, lightheaded, dizzy. This is not like me at all.

DH is on his way to pick me up at the office. I never ask for someone to come and get me.

Looking at any food makes me nauseous. I think I want toast or soda crackers. I definitely want Gravol.

What should I do? I am so miserable right now!

Maybe it's time to just stop...?

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-06-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Hey all!

All of a sudden, I feel really sick... nausesous, lightheaded, dizzy. This is not like me at all.

DH is on his way to pick me up at the office. I never ask for someone to come and get me.

Looking at any food makes me nauseous. I think I want toast or soda crackers. I definitely want Gravol.

Susie, Are you sure you didn't just overdo it this past weekend? Maybe have an extra bar or something. Sounds like you need a few more calories!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #51  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Hey all!

Eat some salt and drink some water. Check your blood pressure! If you don't start feeling better soon, call your doctor and discuss with a nurse. If they suggest you go in, do it! You may be coming down with something... or it's just low BP. But, you should definitely eat something.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 06-06-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #52  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
Hi,

Has anyone with Hypothyroidism tried this diet and if so is there success? I really did not want to pay the $$ if it would not work for people with thyroid issues. I called the clinics in my area and the response was "check with your dr" and the second one I called said sure it works for everyone. I have found the everyone is not necessarily "me" and felt like they just wanted my money and did not really know about thyroid issues. My Dr said I could "try" whatever diet I wanted to, but could not promise I would get results.

I, too, have hyperthyroidism and find that this program works quite well. In fact, my endocrinologist is the one who suggested Ideal Protein.

Thanks for any info.
Quote:
Hey all!

Susie... this isn't good. It sounds like your BP is too low. Drink water and up the calories. If you don't feel better, be sure to call the doctor. It might be something serious.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #53  
Start: 4-20-11

As promised, I'm reporting the results of my doctor visit today. It had been 3 months since I had seen this particular doctor and I had lost a total of 22.5 pounds. I watched her face as she looked at my weight and BP. It was just too funny to see her expression. I asked "Is there anything wrong?" She replied, "No... but... WHAT are you doing to lose this amount of weight? This is fantastic! Your clothes are just falling off of you!" Needless to say, I was so very happy! She is such a positive person and when I was leaving she said that she wanted to see me again in two months so that she could see my progress!

Today, I'm a very happy camper. Thanks, everyone, for your support.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #54  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Broad View Post
Hello Everyone!
I was wondering if anyone has made cauliflower "couscous"? Thoughts? Opinions..any feedback would be appreciated!!
My cauliflower rice could just as easily be called couscous, so I don't know what the difference is? Both are/should be great -- if you don't drench them in oil.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #55  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenette View Post
Hi there~! I have had a similar expierience...My Mom took me to a women's luncheon yesterday and the only thing available were two salads that were already dressed and rolls and pastry's! And she says in front of all her friends.."Oh I guess there is nothing you can have here". I felt all guilty and so ended up eating it. Anyway it sounds like you have a teenager and a baby? Me too! Thanks for your post!
I really don't know why people that love us act this way. I'm in the same boat. My step mother is my problem. She always has to be the centre of attention as she's always been tiny, like 90 lbs soak and wet. But my father has a few comments to say. Like this past weekend he said to me when he saw me eating salads and IP products, what's this ANOTHER DIET!! Like he was disappointed or pretty much telling me it was a waste of time. Like a previous comment was said a while ago, I'm gonna prove them wrong this time. HA!!!

Yes I have a 15 (almost 16) year old son, a 14 year old daughter, an 8 year old step daughter and my baby girl is 11 months, will be 1 year old on the 17th.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #56  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
As promised, I'm reporting the results of my doctor visit today. It had been 3 months since I had seen this particular doctor and I had lost a total of 22.5 pounds. I watched her face as she looked at my weight and BP. It was just too funny to see her expression. I asked "Is there anything wrong?" She replied, "No... but... WHAT are you doing to lose this amount of weight? This is fantastic! Your clothes are just falling off of you!" Needless to say, I was so very happy! She is such a positive person and when I was leaving she said that she wanted to see me again in two months so that she could see my progress!

This is fabulous news!!! I am very happy for you - the attention is great, but at the end of the day its about our health. Good job!!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 219.4/215/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:

Great job Browneyes47!!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #58  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Hey all!

Susie take care, if you have a crepe packet at home, you could make crackers... hope you are feeling better.

Quote:

That is great news Browneyes congrats. Keep up the good work.

Back from WI #16 and 3 lbs down.... I am almost in the 170s I don't think I was there since Highschool. Thank you everyone for all you do for each of us.

Linden - I am glad you are recovering, they said today on the news it was from Alfalfa sprouts from a farm in Germany... at least that is what the Canadian news is saying. Not a good thing.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:15 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Well, today was a definite red letter day. I woke up this morning and stepped on the scale & I ACTUALLY WEIGH WHAT IT SAYS ON MY DRIVER'S LICENSE!!!!! It's probably been at least 15 years since that has happened!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Hey all!

So this was the first time on IP, since that first week of course, that was sick and scared... not good. I was shaking, nauseaus, lightheaded and could not function. I didn't even feel that I could get myself my home. My husband left his work to come and get me, with Gravol and he drove me home before returning to work.

When I got home, I chewed on some soda crackers and had some ginger ale and I immediately felt better. I then had some toast with peanut butter before going to sleep for the rest of the afternoon and evening. I feel much better now but I am still very tired...

I do not have BP monitor, so I don't know if it was blood pressure or blood sugar or what! Could I have accidentally thrown myself into "starvation"?

So now that I am out of ketosis, the big question to answer by tomorrow morning: do I just move on to phase 3, even though I am not quite where I wanted to be, or do I continue on and put myself back into ketosis even though I am starting to notice "issues" with my body. I think that maybe my body has had enough. I always said that I would listen to my body but then, I don't want to throw in the towel for one bad day either. I guess I am facing a big decision right now.

I am leaning towards phasing off as of tomorrow and just maintaining over the summer as I don't like the idea of throwing myself in and out of ketosis too often either. Then, in the fall, I can try to go the rest of the way if I still want to. Maybe between my birthday (mid-September) and Christmas.

I'm at a crossroads... this was not the ending that I was hoping for but if it is the end for me, it's not a bad thing either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogs311 View Post
Good morning everyone,
Hope you all had successful, great weekends. I have something interesting to share with you and would like your feedback about it. I have been on IP since May 9th and I have stayed strict to the plan, with the exception of week 3, I had two adult beverages at a wedding. So, at my clinic, I have weighed in on Monday evenings for the past 3 times. Last week, I went and the scale was moved from one end of the center to the other, and it had a board underneath it. So, I weighed on it there (the new place) and the scale said I gained like 10lbs. So my coach moved it to the original location that I originally weighed in on and I lost 4.6. Weird. So this morning, I had my WI#4 and a different coach and she was adamant about the new way the scale is. Yeah, so it shows I gained 8 whopping pounds. I personally feel this is so wrong. Since I also weighed myself, clothed, 10 minutes before the clinic and my scale said 219. The clinics read 228?!?! So, what are your thoughts? I know I have lost weight, my clothes are loose and I fit in to some jeans I haven't been able to in some time. Now I am just completely discouraged!
Also, my clinic took my original measurement 5/9 and haven't since....
So any feedback would be greatly appreciated-boy am I in a fowl mood now....
Okay: you are the customer and the customer is always right. I would insisit on weighing in with the same coach every time (the one who moves the scale for you) and for having the scale in the same place every time. I would also want measurements to back the data from the ever-fluctuating scale.

Do you have your own scale that you could use to weigh in on?

It is your body, your money and your decision. You need to phase off where you feel comfortable and a scale with a big discrepency that you don't trust is not going to be helpful to this process, especially if it discourages you. If your clinic does not offer you the support you need, is it possible to find another clinic near you?

Good luck! Don't let them get you down! You know the plan is working, so work it girl!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1978 View Post
Good morning. I am on Day 5 of the program. My first official WI is tomorrow morning. As of my scale, I have lost 3.5 pounds so far. I was starving both yesterday and Saturday mornings after I ate breakfast. I am hoping that will change. I have been really impressed with the food. Most of the packets that I have tried have been really good.
Way to go! Talk to your coach about the "starving". You may be one of those people who needs an extra pack or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I did not do well yesterday. But today is a new day and I'm so ready to go again! I've been planning a trash the dress shoot for months and it's at the end of next month. I was worried I'd lose too much weight and my dress would be too big. So I tried my wedding dress on again this morning and it fits like it did on my wedding day. Too small!! So I'm totally on fire to get this diet moving and shaking again so I look better than I did on my wedding! I'm so glad I tried it on this morning, I needed the kick in the butt!!
How long ago were you married? I still have my wedding gown and this idea appeals to me if I can fit into it again... this year will be 9 years for us. You will rock the photo shoot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLibE View Post
Happy Monday all!! I had a great weekend - my daughter and I took in Mosaic on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It is a multi-cultural event where you visit different 'countries' and sample their food, drink, crafts, music, dance, etc. I took a bottle of water and a container of celery with me. I did really well, while my daughter was 'sampling' I crunched away on celery and enjoyed the music and dancing. If I can handle that temptation, I can handle anything!!!!

Have a great week!!
I miss doing mother-daughter stuff with mom! I think that is wonderful that you went along even with your dietary constraints and even more wonderful that you stuck to plan! You can handle anything! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Happy Monday!

I'm way behind on the weekend thread, it sounds like a lot happened. It's Monday and that always feels like a relief as I find the weekend a challenge to get through without messing something up! The structure of being back at work on Monday morning is nice.
I'm still struggling with stomach issues. I really don't want to eat at all. I had chocolate pudding for breakfast because everything else made me want to gag. I tried some probiotics on the weekend, but it hasn't done the trick yet. I don't know what's going on, but I hope it goes away soon.
My weight is stalled still and this morning I weighed 1/2 lb up. I know my experience is not exceptional, so I'm not freaking out, I'm just annoyed. It's hard not to be when you feel so yucky! I'm looking forward to a whoosh when this all passes!
I hope everyone has a great day and takes time to celebrate success!
I like my routine too! Good luck with the tummy issues... I hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
Hi,

I have been a member here for a few years but have not posted much lately. I posted this in the IP phase sticky and decided to post here as well. I want to start the IP diet but had a question/concern.

Has anyone with Hypothyroidism tried this diet and if so is there success? I really did not want to pay the $$ if it would not work for people with thyroid issues. I called the clinics in my area and the response was "check with your dr" and the second one I called said sure it works for everyone. I have found the everyone is not necessarily "me" and felt like they just wanted my money and did not really know about thyroid issues. My Dr said I could "try" whatever diet I wanted to, but could not promise I would get results.

Thanks for any info.
I have hypothyroidism too. I am on Synthroid and this diet has been wonderful for me in so many ways! You can see my results in my signature below. I was advised by my coach to wait two hours between any food/supplements and thyroid medication. Other members have also suggesting having the thyroid meds at night before bed to allow for maximum absorption. I've been trying this and I think it has been helping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csjogren View Post
Hi ladie i have been in this diet three weeks starting tomorrow and I have a question... I have been feeling lighheaded is there anything i can do about this or am i just not getting enough of something? i have been drinking 160 oz of water everyday so i know i am getting enough there. Can someone help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
have any of you tried the pure protein bars, or will they not work?
I have had some occasionally and they seem just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunladybug22 View Post
Good morning everyone! Hope it's a good Monday! Just a little busy here at work, and haven't had time to even look up since I got to work today.

Everybody have a great afternoon!
I know that feeling! I hope you can catch your breath soon! Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenette View Post
Hi there~! I have had a similar expierience...My Mom took me to a women's luncheon yesterday and the only thing available were two salads that were already dressed and rolls and pastry's! And she says in front of all her friends.."Oh I guess there is nothing you can have here". I felt all guilty and so ended up eating it. Anyway it sounds like you have a teenager and a baby? Me too! Thanks for your post!
That's when I would have said: "Oh that's okay" and pulled out my bottle of water and a yummy IP bar (probalby lemon or cookies-and-cream in my case).

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
Susie, Are you sure you didn't just overdo it this past weekend? Maybe have an extra bar or something. Sounds like you need a few more calories!
&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Eat some salt and drink some water. Check your blood pressure! If you don't start feeling better soon, call your doctor and discuss with a nurse. If they suggest you go in, do it! You may be coming down with something... or it's just low BP. But, you should definitely eat something.
&

Quote:
Susie... this isn't good. It sounds like your BP is too low. Drink water and up the calories. If you don't feel better, be sure to call the doctor. It might be something serious.
Thank you so much for your advice and for your concern. Something was definitely wrong! Maybe I did overdo things.

Quote:

Thank is the most amazing news!!! I am so incredibly happy for you! THIS is what it is all about! You will blow her away again in two months time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Susie take care, if you have a crepe packet at home, you could make crackers... hope you are feeling better.

That is great news Browneyes congrats. Keep up the good work.

Back from WI #16 and 3 lbs down.... I am almost in the 170s I don't think I was there since Highschool. Thank you everyone for all you do for each of us.

Linden - I am glad you are recovering, they said today on the news it was from Alfalfa sprouts from a farm in Germany... at least that is what the Canadian news is saying. Not a good thing.
No more crepe packets... I would not have been able to make anything in that state anyways... I was in bed with a great big garbage bag because I was sure that I was going to be very sick and could not do much of anything at all. Luckily, Gravol works and my Mother-in-law kept our kids for us while my husband worked and I just slept.

Congrats for reaching the 170's! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
Well, today was a definite red letter day. I woke up this morning and stepped on the scale & I ACTUALLY WEIGH WHAT IT SAYS ON MY DRIVER'S LICENSE!!!!! It's probably been at least 15 years since that has happened!!!

Woohoo!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-07-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Closed Thread