Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #16  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Happy Monday all!! I had a great weekend - my daughter and I took in Mosaic on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It is a multi-cultural event where you visit different 'countries' and sample their food, drink, crafts, music, dance, etc. I took a bottle of water and a container of celery with me. I did really well, while my daughter was 'sampling' I crunched away on celery and enjoyed the music and dancing. If I can handle that temptation, I can handle anything!!!!

Have a great week!!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning. This week I lost 4.4 lbs. That is great for me.

I hear about non supportive people on here and it makes my heart break for you! I hope that you all can just surround yourself with supportive people and just ignore the naysayers.

I had a few nsv this weekend. On saturday we went to beer fest. I played designated driver and really enjoyed people watching. Then I went to a BBQ on Sunday at my sister's house. There was not much that I could have there, so I was just content to sit there and hold the fairly new baby while everyone else ate. Then I said something about that there were some pickles over there and I could probably grab a couple of those. The next thing I know my sister is handing me a small plate with pickles on it. I thought it was so sweet. I will admit at the BBQ I was a little tempted at one point, but I looked around at the food and realized that non of the food (including the sweets) were worth blowing my diet for. I can not believe my change in attitude about food in just 5 weeks. It is wonderful.

My family has all noticed and have been very encouraging to me. My mom actually thanked my friend that turned me onto this diet. I know that they all have my best interests at heart. My husband, my kids, my mom and my sisters (I have 6 of them) are all so positive.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and stays on plan!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogs311 View Post
Good morning everyone,
Hope you all had successful, great weekends. I have something interesting to share with you and would like your feedback about it. I have been on IP since May 9th and I have stayed strict to the plan, with the exception of week 3, I had two adult beverages at a wedding. So, at my clinic, I have weighed in on Monday evenings for the past 3 times. Last week, I went and the scale was moved from one end of the center to the other, and it had a board underneath it. So, I weighed on it there (the new place) and the scale said I gained like 10lbs. So my coach moved it to the original location that I originally weighed in on and I lost 4.6. Weird. So this morning, I had my WI#4 and a different coach and she was adamant about the new way the scale is. Yeah, so it shows I gained 8 whopping pounds. I personally feel this is so wrong. Since I also weighed myself, clothed, 10 minutes before the clinic and my scale said 219. The clinics read 228?!?! So, what are your thoughts? I know I have lost weight, my clothes are loose and I fit in to some jeans I haven't been able to in some time. Now I am just completely discouraged!
Also, my clinic took my original measurement 5/9 and haven't since....
So any feedback would be greatly appreciated-boy am I in a fowl mood now....
Wow thats pretty ridiculous, its your weight loss and if the scale is showing such a discrepancy obviously it isn't working where it is. You know you've lost and regardless of what that scale says you know theres a big difference. Its really too bad though that they are being like they are and not taking your measurements, you've paid for service and support and it doesnt' seem to be there
Old 06-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Monday!

I'm way behind on the weekend thread, it sounds like a lot happened. It's Monday and that always feels like a relief as I find the weekend a challenge to get through without messing something up! The structure of being back at work on Monday morning is nice.
I'm still struggling with stomach issues. I really don't want to eat at all. I had chocolate pudding for breakfast because everything else made me want to gag. I tried some probiotics on the weekend, but it hasn't done the trick yet. I don't know what's going on, but I hope it goes away soon.
My weight is stalled still and this morning I weighed 1/2 lb up. I know my experience is not exceptional, so I'm not freaking out, I'm just annoyed. It's hard not to be when you feel so yucky! I'm looking forward to a whoosh when this all passes!
I hope everyone has a great day and takes time to celebrate success!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLibE View Post
Happy Monday all!! I had a great weekend - my daughter and I took in Mosaic on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It is a multi-cultural event where you visit different 'countries' and sample their food, drink, crafts, music, dance, etc. I took a bottle of water and a container of celery with me. I did really well, while my daughter was 'sampling' I crunched away on celery and enjoyed the music and dancing. If I can handle that temptation, I can handle anything!!!!

Have a great week!!

Wow good for you!!! and also to all of you that have not let temptation get the best of you. I know its a challenge but a worthy one, I took my son out for lunch on the weekend for his weekly "good behaviour treat" he wanted to go for pizza...(my favourite lol...for the most part his weekly treats aren't food related) he had pizza, cesear salad, chocolate pudding lol. I had a greek salad without the feta and olives. I enjoyed the time we were spending together and his enjoyment of his food and kept my mind on my goal

So sorry to those of you that are experiencing unsupportive family members. It blows me away how people behave, how someone elses success in some way makes them uncomfortable or unable to admit it should it somehow affect there own self esteem. I just try to tell myself that there opinion or personal issue do not affect my success....you know you look amazing, if they can't admit it outloud then too bad for them!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #21  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogs311 View Post
Good morning everyone,
Hope you all had successful, great weekends. I have something interesting to share with you and would like your feedback about it. I have been on IP since May 9th and I have stayed strict to the plan, with the exception of week 3, I had two adult beverages at a wedding. So, at my clinic, I have weighed in on Monday evenings for the past 3 times. Last week, I went and the scale was moved from one end of the center to the other, and it had a board underneath it. So, I weighed on it there (the new place) and the scale said I gained like 10lbs. So my coach moved it to the original location that I originally weighed in on and I lost 4.6. Weird. So this morning, I had my WI#4 and a different coach and she was adamant about the new way the scale is. Yeah, so it shows I gained 8 whopping pounds. I personally feel this is so wrong. Since I also weighed myself, clothed, 10 minutes before the clinic and my scale said 219. The clinics read 228?!?! So, what are your thoughts? I know I have lost weight, my clothes are loose and I fit in to some jeans I haven't been able to in some time. Now I am just completely discouraged!
Also, my clinic took my original measurement 5/9 and haven't since....
So any feedback would be greatly appreciated-boy am I in a fowl mood now....
Here's my thoughts: YOU know that you have lost! And YOU know the scale is wrong (since you got to test that theory last week), so Use your scale for your weight in your mind, and from now on their scale should go down from this point on. It's not an 8 lb gain...since it was 10 pounds last week...sounds like a 2 pound loss to me!

Next week ask if you can have your measurements done again..since it's been a month.

Don't worry about it...it's a number on their scale, not a number that you have to live with. You're doing great!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #22  

Hi,

I have been a member here for a few years but have not posted much lately. I posted this in the IP phase sticky and decided to post here as well. I want to start the IP diet but had a question/concern.

Has anyone with Hypothyroidism tried this diet and if so is there success? I really did not want to pay the $$ if it would not work for people with thyroid issues. I called the clinics in my area and the response was "check with your dr" and the second one I called said sure it works for everyone. I have found the everyone is not necessarily "me" and felt like they just wanted my money and did not really know about thyroid issues. My Dr said I could "try" whatever diet I wanted to, but could not promise I would get results.

Thanks for any info.

Last edited by TerryT; 06-06-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #23  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

I have hypothyroid issues, and know that at least 4 other ppl here are hypothyroid as well.
You can check out my siggie, and see how well it's working for me!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #24  
Chelsea

S/C/G: 142/135/115

Height: 4'11.5"

Hi ladie i have been in this diet three weeks starting tomorrow and I have a question... I have been feeling lighheaded is there anything i can do about this or am i just not getting enough of something? i have been drinking 160 oz of water everyday so i know i am getting enough there. Can someone help?
Old 06-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #25  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csjogren View Post
Hi ladie i have been in this diet three weeks starting tomorrow and I have a question... I have been feeling lighheaded is there anything i can do about this or am i just not getting enough of something? i have been drinking 160 oz of water everyday so i know i am getting enough there. Can someone help?
Eat more salt! Lick it off your hand and wash it down with water. And cut back the water a little until you start to feel better. Some have said that adding a second potassium helps, but I talked to my doctor about light-headedness and he said that salt is the best remedy.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #26  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csjogren View Post
Hi ladie i have been in this diet three weeks starting tomorrow and I have a question... I have been feeling lighheaded is there anything i can do about this or am i just not getting enough of something? i have been drinking 160 oz of water everyday so i know i am getting enough there. Can someone
help?
That's too much water for your size and weight. (Bet you never thought I'd say that.) Light-headedness is probably due to low blood pressure, and all the minerals, electrolytes, etc. that you've washed out of your system. 1/2 oz water for every pound + 10 + compensation for exercise/caffeine/humidity, etc.

Would the person who wrote the wonderful post on water poisoning several weeks ago please post it in Tips for Newbies?
Old 06-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 187/164/145

Height: 5'9"

Good afternoon. I have one goal in mind for today and that is to stay on target. 1/2 lb to go before I've lost 25 lbs on the IP diet. Are any of you using ground flax seed in your diet? In checking with my coach from the very beginning, she said - no problem - Flax seed is good for you! So, normally I use the chocolate drink for breakfast, make it hot and add two tbsp. of ground flax to it. I actually grind my own in my bullet and keep it refrigerated - so it still has some pieces of flax and is not a powder. My cholesterol numbers are great and I attribute a lot of it to using flax seed for breakfast. Anyway, focus = reaching my goal! Have a fantastic day.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #28  

Default Not IP Related/Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Good morning all, WI number 16 for me today. I have switched from Thursdays to mondays and now it is a different time every other week, this week 2pm and next week 5pm... it will be interesting to know if it makes a difference in weighing.
Congrats to everyone who had nsv and sv, Welcome to the newcomers you are in a select few that is working to better improve themselves.

As some of you know I gave blood on Saturday, everything went great my blood pressure is down again so that is great. Had a wonderful day out with lunch and a movie... just about fell asleep in the movie... everyone ate around us and it didn't bother me at all. Could be was still full from lunch but..
Now about weight loss and no one noticing. I know in my case because I have lost 55 lbs there is a REAL noticable difference, but some of my close friends haven't said anything. I discussed this with a friend one day and she and I came up with, that sometimes when we lose weight so fast people are scared to ask about it, they don't really want to know that maybe you are sick. I remember before my dad was dianosed with cancer he was so proud he lost his stomach, and unfortunately that was the beginning of cancer eating his body up. I now ignore people that don't comment as maybe they are worried and don't really know how to ask.

Well off I go, I have an appointment for an oil change and a free detailing (as for some reason the dealerships online scheduling isn't working so the bonus for telling them about it is they give a free detailing) I feel sorry for who is going to do it as those of you that have dogs know this, my dogs bordercollie Xs shed and are very much water dogs so there is a lot for the detailer to clean... should be interesting. Have a great day everyone, and hang in there for our wonderful Journey to a healthy body.

JudoGirl - I am sure you are busy with the opening of your new shop, just wanted to say congratulations and you are going to be a great IP Coach and Representative. Let us know whats new.
Joanne
About the dogs....I have a Coton & a Lamalese. I keep them in full show coat just because, "If you have a longhaired dog, why make them into a short haired dog?" LOL So, long white hair all over my car! I found a weird little brush, at Petsmart, that actually quite easily gets the hair out of the carpet (BLACK carpet). It's a http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=3680373 It works much better than a lint roller! Just thought I'd share. (My neighbor dog, Kitty (a border collie) is one of the smartest dogs I've ever known)!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

have any of you tried the pure protein bars, or will they not work?
Old 06-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
I have hypothyroid issues, and know that at least 4 other ppl here are hypothyroid as well.
You can check out my siggie, and see how well it's working for me!
Wow! You have done great! I can only hope this works as well for me. Thanks for the response.
Closed Thread