Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #106  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfishmonica View Post
Quoted from an earlier entry from darbs7

"I feel I need to answer this question because there are a bizzzillllllion threads about it....

Can I have??????

The answer is no. The only thing you can eat on IP is meat and veggies and those are limited. You can have some spices, herbs, and evoo. But nothing else.

With that said if you don't mind losing slow and still be very restricted, then it is your life...do what you want, but if you want to know the IP rules....then just eat your 3 packets, drink water, eat the allowed meat, and the allowed veggies, with the evoo.

It is a very strict diet,,,,,,,very strict....but life-changing.

You will not regret the choice to do IP. It also teaches you to go without....why is this important because as a society we feel "entitled" that I deserve it. But we have taken it too far and we "deserve" it every day.

Going without is what we will need to do for the rest of our lives to keep the weight off.

You won't have to go without forever....just while you are losing be it a month or a year....then you must learn to live with moderation. (LIKE living within your means).

YOU are all worth it....do not deny yourself health and success and the opportunity to live well stong and long!

darbs7;

Thanks for reminding us that there is a very good reason why we are doing IP. We haven't taken on something this grueling on a whim, we have chosento invest time and significant amount of $$ because we have over indulged not occasionally but a lot. If we truly want a change, we have to MAKE A CHANGE and that means following the rules. The child in us doesn't like being told what to do, but we are not children anymore, and participating in this program is a demonstration of adult decision making.This experience will not last forever, but with determination the results will. The time spent is actually a good thing because it allows us to slowly become comfortable with not answering every little "itch" with food. If we look at this as a horrible "sentence" to be served, then we will be sentenced to repeating our mistakes. I savor every day regardless of how I feel or what I do or don't eat. I long for that new body, that body that will allow me to enjoy moving, and dressing up and dressing down, and not feeling invisible in the world. I no longer want to be the "big girl" in the group. At 55, I have had 15 years of being overweight and I am tired of it. Therefore, I will make sacrifices, and I will remember that I am doing this as a conscious choice. I have the option to stop and eat and drink at will, but I choose not to do that anymore.
thank you that was very well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Well said.

If I do what I have always done, I will look like I have always looked, weigh what I have always weighed, and be depressed as I always have been. This diet/protocol/way of life that we call IP is a way out... if you let it be.
that is a wonderful saying maybe to paste on a fridge door. Thank you I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta Catarina View Post
just got back from WI #1! And (just after dinner) I have lost 5.8# in 9 days and 9.5"!!! HOLY COW, THIS DIET WORKS! lol

Congrats to everyone else with great WIs today!
Wonderful, congratulations what a wonderful beginning.

Welcome Newbies and congrats on all the NSV and SV,
Old 06-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I hope everyone had a happy Thursday!

Congrats to those with great WIs and NSVs!

to those who need it.

I was soooo incredibly busy today! My husband and I took the day off to catch up on our housework and the preparations for my son's birthday party on Saturday. Well, you know what they say about "the best laid plans"?

BOTH kids were sick today! Yup! Fever over 100, puking, etc... and my washing machine was still broken! Thank God for my MIL and the fact that she lives really close by (and for her washing machine)!

So, I ended up having attend a meeting at my son's school on my own. I got there by a combination of bus and taxi with no time to spare! ...then did tons of walking to get the bus to go downtown to pick up party supplies... then more walking to get back to the bus to get near home to a store to get the part to fix the washing machine and then back home to clean and look after my sick kids... and did tons of laundry!

I ate more like a phase I today... it was just easier that way! I had a bar for breakfast at the bus stop (I left my vanilla RTD on the counter at home by accident as I went running out the door - thank goodness for my "IP emergency kit" in my purse!), I had a salad with chicken on it for lunch (with WF Italian dressing), and supper was IP spaghetti bolognese on House Foods Spaghetti Shiratake noodles with mushrooms and yup! 2 restricteds today = bad!!! ...but it was a crazy busy day and I'm sure I've made up for it in exercise (at least 3 hours of walking).

Tomorrow = more prep work for the party: housecleaning, more stuff to pick up, loot bags to assemble, decorating the house, etc. I also want to get a cute top that I saw with Yoda on it to fit with the theme of his party (yeah! I'm a geek... or a nerd... not sure... maybe a bit of both)! I remember having Yoda on my birthday cake as a kid one year! It's so strange! My daughter wants a Darth Vader T-shirt... that is so fitting for her!

Have a great night... I'm off to slip into a coma for the night! It's going to be an early morning and I am praying for no sick kids tomorrow, so that I can get stuff done without the kids!

You know, I really could have used a drink today! A stiff one... or two... or three... but I am hanging tough!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

can some one tell me off hand, what the nutritional facts are on the cheese curls from ip?
Old 06-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 307/257/150 HW350

Height: 7/15/15. Restart. Reached 1st goal 10/14/15

Had my weekly weigh in yesterday and another 3.5 lbs bites the dust.....
Old 06-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #110  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
can some one tell me off hand, what the nutritional facts are on the cheese curls from ip?
do you mean the southwest ones? or the new ones?

sorry just looked and threw out the box this week
Old 06-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

OK! I did it! progress pics! Kinda crappy pics, sorry!

click here
Old 06-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
do you mean the southwest ones? or the new ones?

sorry just looked and threw out the box this week
either ones would be fine. thanks!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #113  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
I have a question about goal weight. How have you determined your goal weight? My lowest weight in adult life was 155lbs, I know that I felt like I still needed to lose weight at the time, so I determined my goal should be under that. When I initially started IP and was asked what my goal was, i actually had no idea, so I just threw 130 out there because my coach insisted on my decision. I've finally gotten to the point where I really want to think about it and make a firm decision that I am happy with.
I look at my mom and she has the same body frame as me, she weighs 145ish (and constantly complains about needing to lose weight...I wish I had her problem!!).

According to the BMI calculator a healthy weight for me is between 125-135. (I do take the BMI with a pinch of salt though).
I came about mine in a similar fashion - the lowest I ever got on WW in HS was 150. I knew that I wanted to be under that and I thought that I would like to end up in a size 4. I originally picked 130 as my goal and then later raised it to 135. I picked 135 because that would get me into a healthy BMI range (which I also take with a grain of salt). I probably would have stayed on the program for a bit longer in hopes of hitting that 135 goal, but because of a trip I am taking, I phased off earlier.

As others have said, IP has reshaped my body in ways I never thought possible. I believe (and others have told me) that I look smaller than my current weight of 144. I'm wearing mostly size 4s in different brands with a couple pairs of 2s and a pair of size 6 khakis. I am extremely happy with the size that I am now, but there is a little part of me that is sad that I didn't hit my number goal. I'd like to start hitting the gym and tone up a bit and get stronger. Depending on how I feel about maintenance and how that all goes this summer, I may get back on phase 1 to lose the last 10 lbs. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
NSV's for me....today I have to start wearing my engagement ring and wedding band on my thumb or middle finger. It keeps spinning on my ring finger and I ended up scratching my face with it yesterday. I think I'm going to reward myself with a nice chain when I hit 160, so that I can wear the ring on it until I am ready to get it adjusted.
I couldn't wear my wedding ring from November to March because it was too big! When I took it in to get sized down, it went from an 8 to a 6.5 and a lot of days, I could wear a 6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Those are good ones!!! Never really heard of Jojo was a man, who thought he was a woman...lol
It's the first line from the song "Get Back" by the Beatles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
1st WI after starting phase 3 is this afternoon. Wish me luck. It is strange to be hoping to hold steady (or not gain much) after so many weeks of hoping for big losses. Eeek. Real life creeps in...
Oh sister, I feel your pain. Let us know how the WI goes. I was up a total of 1.6 lbs in phase 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallylosing View Post
I had WI today, stayed the same. Guess that is okay for 1st week of phase 3. I am hoping to still loose 1-2 this week. Any breakfast suggestions for phase 3? I am getting bored of eggs!!
My favorite phase 3 breakfast right now is greek yogurt (fruited or plain) with more fresh fruit & 1/2 cup of granola stirred in. YUM.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #114  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbound View Post
Had my weekly weigh in yesterday and another 3.5 lbs bites the dust.....
Way to go!! You rock

Fun to see people's success.

Every pound lost by everyone here deserves a happy dance with some butt wiggle!!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
southwest cheese curls
calories 160
fat 4.5
carbs 15
dietary fiber 1
protein 15
Old 06-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

I am going out of town for 4 days this week, and really hope I can keep it together. Any suggestions?

Also, has anyone made KALE chips? I made them last night for the first time...all I can say is interesting
Old 06-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
southwest cheese curls
calories 160
fat 4.5
carbs 15
dietary fiber 1
protein 15
thanks, the reason i asked is because i have a 1 year old and i just noticed that her gerber lil crunchies are as follows
cal: 35
fat: 1.5
carbs: 4
fiber:0
protein:0
total serving is 19 pieces.

just thought it maybe similar, but i guess not, lol
Old 06-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #118  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

First WI on Phase 3 results.... no change. I'm fine with that.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:44 AM   #119  
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

S/C/G: 181/162/145

Hi everybody -

I'm not dead! I just got asked to costume an opera that opens in a week; the girl that was originally hired had no clue what she was doing, so I've been running around like a crazy person trying to costume 30 people! Anywho, miraculously, I've stayed mostly OP, and have lost 14.5 pounds in 3 weeks! I'm so excited, and thinking about getting to come back here and read the forums has really helped. I've just skimmed the first page of this thread, but if anyone is losing heart, just know you have a nutcase in Mississippi pulling for you - YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 06-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #120  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
If you like spicy you HAVE to try Blackened Salmon- there is the best recipe EVER for it on allrecipesdotcom just put Blackened Salmon in the search and choose the first one (by Jeff)- with capers it absolutely rocked my tastebuds! Another great thing for lunch is taco salad- soy patty, iceberg, peppers etc- dressing is thanks to CheekyWit- WF ketchup, oil, hot sauce, apple cider vinegar- this is my absolute favorite lunch!! Have fun experimenting- I always find experimenting keeps my mind off eating whatever whenever and keeps me excited for the next sensation!
Thanks I have saved this quote and will definitely look for it and use it. I've started my own folder with recipes that I'm interested in trying. The more the merrier!!!
Closed Thread