Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Today is a much better day for me! I think going through and sorting my feelings and emotions really helped. I also found some new ways to enjoy my shakes! I combined ice, chai tea, vanilla EAS shake, apple pie spice and a little splenda in the blender for a yummy chai latte. This morning I blended chocolate hazelnut tea, dark chocolate EAS shake and WF chocolate syrup with ice, super good! Next week uill have WF carmel syrup and I'm going to try it with my carmel tea and vanilla shake. So nice to have new ways to drink my drnks!

My husband hid my restricteds for me. I felt a little like a naughty child at first but I needed the help. So it's ok. I did learn that my body can handle a fair amount of carbs without too much trouble. I weighed myself this morning and I was at 167. So although the bar binge was a bad thing emotionally it doesn't appear to have hurt me on the diet. This info is nice to know for phase 4!

This is a super hard diet but we can do it. We all deserve to have the body we want. It's hard to remember sometimes because we want the instant satisfaction of the food, but remember the awful cycle of guilt. It helps me, maybe it can help someone else.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
I'll bet at your present weight, you're looking fabulous! Don't you feel wonderful about yourself? Congratulations! The best part is that you are almost at the end of this phase of your journey. I could't be happier for you!
Thank you so much! You all will be where I am in no time! Once I got through the first couple of weeks, the time has just flown by!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 225/189/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello chicks....
I am a scale watcher...so my goal this month is to only step on the scale twice. The first month OP I got on the scale everyday. Since I have had such great success (-26lbs incase you missed my post yesterday, tee hee!!)and know the program is working for me...and I like to see big numbers lost, I am limiting myself to stepping on the scale this month to the 15th and the 30th!! I am going to enjoy more of the NSV's this month! Woot Woot! Make it a great OP day!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 260/170/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
Hello chicks....
I am a scale watcher...so my goal this month is to only step on the scale twice. The first month OP I got on the scale everyday. Since I have had such great success (-26lbs incase you missed my post yesterday, tee hee!!)and know the program is working for me...and I like to see big numbers lost, I am limiting myself to stepping on the scale this month to the 15th and the 30th!! I am going to enjoy more of the NSV's this month! Woot Woot! Make it a great OP day!
26 lbs is fantastic. Good job!!

I think doing a weigh-in on the 15th and 30th is a great motivation plan. I am not sure I could wait two weeks though. I am a scale-a-holic. I do need to ween myself down to once a week though.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

I am an alternative products IP follower, only because financially I can't afford to do IP in a clinic... nothing I wouldn't love more than to do it properly. In saying that, I do follow the protocol and when buying alt foods I keep as close to IP foods as possible. I also don't deviate from the Phase 1 list of foods. I KNOW IP works if you follow it to the T, I've seen it work and I'm seeing it work with me. I value all the input that I read on here each and everyday, and I value the information the "senior" IPer's give. I read the Phase 2 and Phase 3 posts, because one day I too will be there and will come across the same things. AND because I'm doing this without a coach, this information is invaluable. I appreciate the help and guidance I have received here since starting this 3 weeks ago and I too hope to one day have enough knowledge and success with IP to help newbies as I have gotten from everyone here.

I also feel that to do this diet well is to do this diet right - meaning, you really have to follow the sheet... I will say out loud everytime I'm tempted into eating something not OP that "will not taste as good as skinny feels" and I repeat it until the craving pasts...

Have a great OP day!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #81  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Joanne- Unfortunately you don't have PMs yet..so I'll post here.

Turnip Fries

* 4 turnips, trimmed and peeled (about 1¼ pounds)
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 teaspoon Sea salt
* ½ teaspoon chili powder

Directions:

Heat oven to 425°F. Cut turnips into 2x½ sticks. Place on a foil-lined pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and chili powder. Toss with your hands to coat. Spread out in a single layer. Roast fries 30 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time for even browning. Serve immediately.

-personally I use a ziploc bag and toss them that way

Big Mac in a bowl

* 1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 1 teaspoon minced dry onions
* 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
* 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
* 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded

Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.

HTH
Thank you so much, I've saved them into a word document so I don't have to pester anybody else for them. Thanks again!!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #82  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
Hello chicks....
You are a stronger woman than I! I can't stay off the scale! To be honest, half of that is about curiosity (did I lose today?) and half is about the ego boost (It's a thrill to see how much less I weigh).
Congrats on your excellent loss!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #83  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

When I first started there were 3 Joannes where I worked so I have been called JT by everyone for so long when new people hear that and ask who that is it always shocks me. And yes I have been called Jo for ever so doesn't bother me at all. also get JOJO and MOJO from cocomo.. and my favorite from a cousin...."JoJo was a man, who thought he was a woman".... told that to a friend one day so now every time she hears it on the radio she laughs... but strange even though I know I am Jo I always sign my name Joanne... [/QUOTE]

Those are good ones!!! Never really heard of Jojo was a man, who thought he was a woman...lol
Old 06-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #84  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblues4 View Post
I am an alternative products IP follower, only because financially I can't afford to do IP in a clinic... nothing I wouldn't love more than to do it properly. In saying that, I do follow the protocol and when buying alt foods I keep as close to IP foods as possible. I also don't deviate from the Phase 1 list of foods. I KNOW IP works if you follow it to the T, I've seen it work and I'm seeing it work with me. I value all the input that I read on here each and everyday, and I value the information the "senior" IPer's give. I read the Phase 2 and Phase 3 posts, because one day I too will be there and will come across the same things. AND because I'm doing this without a coach, this information is invaluable. I appreciate the help and guidance I have received here since starting this 3 weeks ago and I too hope to one day have enough knowledge and success with IP to help newbies as I have gotten from everyone here.

I also feel that to do this diet well is to do this diet right - meaning, you really have to follow the sheet... I will say out loud everytime I'm tempted into eating something not OP that "will not taste as good as skinny feels" and I repeat it until the craving pasts...

Have a great OP day!
You are doing great, I don't know if I could do it without a coach, this makes us know How strong you are and I don't care what product you do if you follow the protocol, I think we all just need to focus on the protocol and encourage others or kick them in the butt. I know I need that some time when I am whiny and feeling sorry for myself. Have a good day.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
It is not worth it.
It will probably make you feel bloated
and could give you diarrhea!

(hope that helps)
OH MY GOSH - This is why I come to this forum - AWESOME! I will remember this when I'm smelling something I want.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #86  

Quote:
It is not worth it.
It will probably make you feel bloated
and could give you diarrhea!

(hope that helps)
Print...Tape to refridgerator. I love your posts Browneyes47!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #87  

Woohooo! Down 3.2# and 2.5" this week yay!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #88  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
Woohooo! Down 3.2# and 2.5" this week yay!
congrats T! that is great. Have a good day. (my spinach dip for lunch was really good) next on my list is your tuna.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #89  

Awesome!!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 249/236.5/155

Height: 5'6"

Quoted from an earlier entry from darbs7

"I feel I need to answer this question because there are a bizzzillllllion threads about it....

Can I have??????

The answer is no. The only thing you can eat on IP is meat and veggies and those are limited. You can have some spices, herbs, and evoo. But nothing else.

With that said if you don't mind losing slow and still be very restricted, then it is your life...do what you want, but if you want to know the IP rules....then just eat your 3 packets, drink water, eat the allowed meat, and the allowed veggies, with the evoo.

It is a very strict diet,,,,,,,very strict....but life-changing.

You will not regret the choice to do IP. It also teaches you to go without....why is this important because as a society we feel "entitled" that I deserve it. But we have taken it too far and we "deserve" it every day.

Going without is what we will need to do for the rest of our lives to keep the weight off.

You won't have to go without forever....just while you are losing be it a month or a year....then you must learn to live with moderation. (LIKE living within your means).

YOU are all worth it....do not deny yourself health and success and the opportunity to live well stong and long!

darbs7;

Thanks for reminding us that there is a very good reason why we are doing IP. We haven't taken on something this grueling on a whim, we have chosento invest time and significant amount of $$ because we have over indulged not occasionally but a lot. If we truly want a change, we have to MAKE A CHANGE and that means following the rules. The child in us doesn't like being told what to do, but we are not children anymore, and participating in this program is a demonstration of adult decision making.This experience will not last forever, but with determination the results will. The time spent is actually a good thing because it allows us to slowly become comfortable with not answering every little "itch" with food. If we look at this as a horrible "sentence" to be served, then we will be sentenced to repeating our mistakes. I savor every day regardless of how I feel or what I do or don't eat. I long for that new body, that body that will allow me to enjoy moving, and dressing up and dressing down, and not feeling invisible in the world. I no longer want to be the "big girl" in the group. At 55, I have had 15 years of being overweight and I am tired of it. Therefore, I will make sacrifices, and I will remember that I am doing this as a conscious choice. I have the option to stop and eat and drink at will, but I choose not to do that anymore.

Last edited by crawfishmonica; 06-02-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Closed Thread