Old 05-27-2011, 02:12 AM   #16  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Oh dastardly insomnia... really jet lag/6 hours off my body clock/time zone. It is now 2AM but just last Sunday was only 8PM... Sigh.

I am beginning week 17 tomorrow. It seems so normal now and cravings are pretty much a thing of the past. I've lost 40 pounds and am so happy to say that after a two week total break ... baby girl married in Hawaii ... I'd only gained 3 pounds and on my 4th day home all 3 are gone again.

I'm hoping to get my body time clock back in sync soon though. The wedding was so much fun and so beautiful... That makes three of our four girls (one is my daughter-in-law) to end their day with muddy or sand filled gowns. LOL! Tom-boys at heart but oh so lovely.

I've always allowed myself 1 restricted IP food. I didn't know that red/yellow/orange peppers are now not limited. That is GREAT news! BTW, I love the Southwest cheese curls and the salt and vinegar chips. I've just ordered the white cheddar ridges... they're just out.

Favorites... chocolate shake, tomato soup, vanilla & peanut crunch bar, white choco cinnamon bar, wildberry yogurt shake, the chips mentioned above. Hmmm. I do like the ready mixed vanilla shake. I'm eating (not loving yet) the blueberry pudding and dark chocolate pudding (pretty good). I'm really moody about eggs but when I'm in the mood, the omelet is the best I've ever had.

Maybe, having just finished some chamomile tea, I'm getting a little sleepy so I better run while I have the yawns on. Smile. Welcome. This is a wonderful and amazing program.
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #17  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

WI #3 for me in a couple of hours. I do not weigh at home so I have no idea what the scale will say. After having two very solid weeks, I'm not feeling like I've lost much.... Will stay positive though
LaLibE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:31 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 154/141/120

Height: 5'5

Maykatcooper - ohhh white cheddar ridges - havent seen them yet but will look for them.

Since my coach allowed me to have 1 restricted item a day at my 2nd WI - I have tried the salt and vinegar ridges(good), southwest cheese curls(vg - but a tad spicy), caramel nut bar(delicious). I have a couple of other restricted items I havent tried. Have WI#3 on Thursday so will see if I lost anything further. Dont feel like I have but perhaps its because I feel fuller and more content having the restricted item on hand if the cravings get too much. Will keep you posted and thank you for all your insight and support!
Moonkakaladda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:07 AM   #19  

Height: 5'3"

I've also been having a restricted from day 1. I can't imagine not having one actually lol. Having an open packet for when I really need a bit of something has helped me a lot too. I usually have some chocolate soy puffs and a southwest cheese curl bag in my purse for a couple when I feel like I need it. Its been very helpful.
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:09 AM   #20  

my favourites, the premade vanilla pudding, omelet (fav overall) the white chocolate crisp bar (taste like marshmallow squares)
Old 06-02-2011, 11:10 PM   #21  

Losing time - lol i keep a restricted in my purse as well and it helps that Im not so ravenous.

Thanks for everyone sharing their favs. I actually exchanged items like my vanilla premade pudding after I didnt like the grainy texture of the chocolate premade pudding. Now I am thinking I was too presumptous and may give it a try.

Losing Time - rice krispie marshmellow delite - will pick it up next week and will give it a try.

Even with the restricted item a day, my weigh in #3 - I lost 3 lbs. Yeahhhh!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #22  

Any loss is good I also tend to feel disappointed when my pound loss is low but it seems to go like that. One week big numbers on the scale and then the next week low numbers but big inches lost. Therefore I've been trying to look at in two week increments, which makes me feel much better
Old 06-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #23  

Losing time - great suggestion. I know when I didnt have any weight loss but did lose overall inches. This week I had weight loss but no inches loss so averaging it out overall - I am happy and not as disappointed as last week.

I asked my coach why I didnt lose inches this week but did in weigh and she said my body is now building muscle. Doesnt muscle typically add weight? She tried to explain it to me but my logical brain couldnt comprehend - anyone can explain it better for me to understand how I could lose pounds but no change in inches?
Old 06-02-2011, 11:59 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkakaladda View Post
Losing time - lol i keep a restricted in my purse as well and it helps that Im not so ravenous.

Thanks for everyone sharing their favs. I actually exchanged items like my vanilla premade pudding after I didnt like the grainy texture of the chocolate premade pudding. Now I am thinking I was too presumptous and may give it a try.

Losing Time - rice krispie marshmellow delite - will pick it up next week and will give it a try.

Even with the restricted item a day, my weigh in #3 - I lost 3 lbs. Yeahhhh!
Thats funny you say that about maybe being presumptuous about the meals, I find that things I really didn't like in the beginning I actually quite like now. I think its probably partially that I'm getting used to the textures and no longer comparing them to "the real thing" like I did before. I didn't like the premade puddings at first but now I love the vanilla pudding especially. Last time I was in for my weigh in though my coach said they weren't able to get any with their last order
Old 06-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #25  

What do the various coaches say about splenda and stevia packets? How many can we have per day?
GramEGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I am really new, but I only got 1 restricted bar this week because I was worried about hypoglycemia. My handouts say no restricted items for the 1st 4 weeks.
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 293/248/199

Height: 5'1"

I've been doing 4 IP's a day (which can include 1 restricted) and the reg. dinner. I really like the southwest curls and both of the Ridges (BBQ and S&V). The bars are okay for me (my mom loves them though!). The curls seem like SO much when you're eating them - its a big portioN! haha.
My coach told me to always carry the chocolate balls around with me, in case I can't make it in between meals or have any low blood sugar issues. I'll eat like 4 or 5 and be fine.

Have you tried combining the chocolate drink and the cappachino drink? Its DELICIOUS! But it is two servings - so just drink half and then drink the other half for your next IP time.
erin11585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 293/248/199

Height: 5'1"

By the way, if you don't like splenda (I was having a hard time too). Try Sweet & Low - it tastes A LOT better in coffee!
erin11585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

The restricted items are a saving grace! I love the vanilla peanut bars! Taste like marshmallow & peanut butter! I also enjoy the PB puffs and lemon poppyseed bar.

I have been eating a restricted almost every day since I started. They feel like a true snack and are easy to take along in the car.

WI1: -5.4 WI2: -4.6 WI3: -2.4
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:12 AM   #30  

Hey-I am 3weeks into doing IP and I lost 6 lbs. in week 1, and week 2 was the same and I ate 2 non-restricted pkts./day + 1 restricted either for in the afternoon or night. Plus one regular meal I made, of course, which was mainly veg w/5-8 oz. of grilled chicken (white meat), tuna, etc.
**Tex Mex cheese curls are mwehhh. I love the bars!!!!! Haven't had one yet that doesn't curl my toes Week 4 for me starts @ tomorrow's weigh in.
Moon-Don't get discouraged, I go by inches lost. That is the best part of this IP diet for me. I feel my body changing so drastically and in such a short time that my brain hasn't caught upto it yet. When I shop, I don't go to the wrong sections of the stores-I look like a wandering idiot. It's so strange because when I do find some thing that I like the first one I try on is BIG. Wait, I think I do have a 'figure' after all.
I haven't cheated (yet?) on this diet and I am holding strong. Like I mentioned, seeing the results of this diet has transformed me, astonished and changed me in ways I never knew it would. That's enough motivation for me to keep on this path and I wish you the strength, energy, and faith to keep going on your paths too.
Bobbi2011 is offline   Reply With Quote