Old 05-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #1  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Wednesday May 11, daily chat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - Tuesday 10 May 2011
Old 05-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #2  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning IPers!!

Today I am filling up like a balloon. It started last night. I'm up a pound, but my jeans are incredibly tight and my stomach is HUGE!!! So this time it didn't just last a few hours I've never bloated like this before, so this is a whole new experience, and can't say that I like it much.

Hope everyone has a great OP day.
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #3  
Vanessa

Default considering IP

Good morning ladies!
I am considering doing the IP plan, but i have some questions. For those of you who have been on the plan for quite some time - have you gained any of the weight back? I'm just concerned, like with any restrictive diet that professes rapid weight loss, that the weight will come back easily. I have lost 50 lbs. "the hard way" by just cutting back and starting to exercise. It's been sloooooow, but I'm pretty sure it will stay off. I'm at a bit of a plateau right now, and was thinking this might be a boost to get me on a downward slide again.
Any advice/testimonials/magic wands are appreciated. Thanks!
bahecasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #4  
Stempy

S/C/G: 202.4/192.4/130

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahecasmart View Post
Good morning ladies!
I am considering doing the IP plan, but i have some questions. For those of you who have been on the plan for quite some time - have you gained any of the weight back? I'm just concerned, like with any restrictive diet that professes rapid weight loss, that the weight will come back easily. I have lost 50 lbs. "the hard way" by just cutting back and starting to exercise. It's been sloooooow, but I'm pretty sure it will stay off. I'm at a bit of a plateau right now, and was thinking this might be a boost to get me on a downward slide again.
Huge congrats on the 50lbs!!! This is a massive achievement!

I have only been on IP for 3 1/2 weeks but I did do slimfast years ago which was also restrictive and took the weight off quickly and the weight stayed off for years until I got lazy with my eating and started eating crap.....the weight wiill stay off if you change your lifestyle, which it sounds like you have already done. Most people who regain the weight and then some do so because as soon as they reach their goal or go "off the diet" they resume their old eating habits. It sounds like you have already figured out how your body works and what you should and should not eat so in my honest opinion...you will be fine and this just might be the boost you need! I know how to lose weight the hard way but I don't have the patience to wait for it to come off, that is why I have choosen IP...
stempy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Good morning ladies!
Vanessa- congrats on your loss so far!!! I have only been on IP since March, so I do not know about regain on this diet. I can tell you I have gained lost/ about 500-600 pounds in the past 20 years and it has been my experience that I do not keep weight off regardless of which diet I choose. I think the longest I held a significant loss was 4 years---then the inevitable "creep" up the scale...and ongoing bouts of denial left me at a high weight again. So, I would say that it does not matter what diet you choose-- there is no magic pill, or fix---you have to find a diet you can live with over the long term. I think the last phase of this diet is very manageable over the long haul--but Phase 1 (which you stay on til you have lost 80-90% of your weight) is brutal--I won't lie. It is brutal, but it works---and it could be just the jump start you need!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post

Tate: you can really tell you have lost from the pictures. You look very happy great work.
Thanks!! I have gotten a lot of support here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I just wanted to encourage those of you who are in your early days of IP and are feeling tired of it and defeated by rough weeks. Today marks my 7 month anniversary on IP. I am down just about 70 lbs and while not every week has been a big week (or even a down week!), each week on program has been needed to change my mind, my heart & my body to make this change permanent. I am halfway through my first week on phase 2 and am eagerly awaiting the days of big breakfasts and maintenance!

You CAN do this - and soon you'll be looking back on 7 months of program and your life will have changed too.

Jess
VERY well said!!! Thanks so much for your encouraging words!! I am sure that with your determination and positive attitude, you will see continued success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishn222 View Post
Hi all I started IP yesterday. It was really hard as I cold turkeyed my diet coke habit as well. Today seemed to go better and I did not have as many hunger attacks. I have a lot to loose but I am very optimistic.

Trish
Ah Trish....I too was a Diet Coke junkie....now i have maybe one or two a WEEK (I used to drink about 4 or 5 a day). I also have found that not drinking Diet Coke has decreased hunger and cravings. Hang in there! It is worth it!!

SW (scale whore) that I am....I weigh everyday....no change since Sunday.....trying not to freak, but I am used to losing about 4-5 pounds weekly and thought for sure I would see movement by now....I DID add 2 hardboiled eggs in the afternoon this week---they keep me from feeling like I am going to chew off my own arm and help me get to dinner without being ravenous. If this is slowing my weight loss, I can live with it. I prefer slower loss to being uncomfortable most of the afternoon, fighting hunger pangs and counting the minutes til dinner---just no way to live.

Hope everyone has a FAB OP day!!!!
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I have my WI at lunchtime today (with IP grocery shopping) and tap dancing class tonight, which I am very much lookign forward to again. I am not expecting much loss - I was 153.8 lbs on my scale at home this morning and I am usually 1-2 lbs more at my WI's... so I am guessing it will be around 155. Oh well! It was a bad week and I am starting over, so I will do better by next time!

Wishing everyone a great OP day and sending you all:

Stay strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Good morning IPers!!

Today I am filling up like a balloon. It started last night. I'm up a pound, but my jeans are incredibly tight and my stomach is HUGE!!! So this time it didn't just last a few hours I've never bloated like this before, so this is a whole new experience, and can't say that I like it much.

Thank you for opening the thread! I tried but I discovered taht I don't know how to copy the links.

As for the bloating: Oh goodness! Is it the big "C" or something else? You may need to take something. I take Floralax that I buy from my coach to take, as needed, for the big "C" and it works wonders for me.

I hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
Good morning ladies!
I was in a similar boat when I started! I had lost close to 30 lbs in about a year and a half through calorie counting, seeing a Dietician/Nutritionist and exercise. I was stuck in the mid-170's for over a year. I also have a thyroid problem and take synthroid for that. I had found balance but I really needed to "tip the balance" so to speak, in order to lose the weight. IP has been working fantastic for me! It has proven to have many added benefits for me in addition to the weight loss: reduced anxiety, insomnia, irritibality and mood swings... also improved complexion, increased energy and a an overall sense of well-being.

For me, the plan has been slower than advertised and that disapointed me a little but it is working very well for me and I am very pleased about that!

I don't know about gaining it back. I have been told that if you go back to your old ways, you will gain it back. There is a phase IV, which gives you a plan for maintenance and there are some members on here who say that they have managed to keep the weight off by doing that. I am hopeful! I also plan on going back to my Dietician/Nutritionist when I reach that phase to have her support as well. I need to go somewhere and weigh in from time to time and keep accountable. She charges $25 a visit (for follow-ups), so I think if I go a few times a year, it will be well worth it (for me).

Good luck in your decision!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-11-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #7  
Stempy

So, after complaining yesterday that I was bloated and feeling crappy and had not lost ANY weight in 5 days I woke up feeling great today and lost a full pound! Yah! Guess I am past the slump! I had eliminated restricted foods from my diet for a couple of days, that may have helped...

Had my weigh in last night and total weight lost according to my Coach's scale is 14.8lbs....didn't think I would ever see the day where I would lose 15lbs in 3 1/2 weeks! Oh, and I have also lost 8.25 inches so far!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #8  
Stempy

One little thing I am considering a NSV...last night I was laying in bed day dreaming about the new skinny me and my future off of IP and when I was thinking of the food I could eat, the meal I am looking most forward to having is a breakfast of hard boilded eggs and whole grain toast.....my mind is being reprogramed which is a wonderful thing!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 283/235/190

Height: 5'11

Good Morning All. Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday.
sjdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempy22 View Post

Had my weigh in last night and total weight lost according to my Coach's scale is 14.8lbs....didn't think I would ever see the day where I would lose 15lbs in 3 1/2 weeks! Oh, and I have also lost 8.25 inches so far!
WOW!!!!! That is awesome!!! Great job!!!
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #11  
Started Alt. IP 4/25/11

S/C/G: 200.4/191.6/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Good morning IPers!!

Hey MInewgoal - I am having the same thing. We started at the same time and the same weight and are about in the same place. Yesterday I had a stressful day and over ate. This morning I am up 1 pound too and feel bloated. Must be going around, lol.
sherbearjt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Well tried the soya patty, ummmm not sure what it tastes like really, dumped some sea salt and ketchup on it, while trying to think of the flavour lol maybe good at lunch time with some turnip fries lol

I went to buy my ip items today and the pre made puddings are on back order, so if you cant live without them, grab an extra one before there isint any left!
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I have been cold as well, when I asked someone said it is because while you are on this diet your blood pressure is lower. Not sure if that is the answer but I was told that. One of my friend's is on another diet which she started last May or June and she said she was cold until around December. Until her body figured out what was going on.

Cheeky I am glad you are here and share your recipes with us. the trifle sounds really good. I use to love rhubarb as a kid dip it in sugar and there you go... will have to see if I can find it... I thought I saw it one day and then realised that nope you bought a big batch of swiss chard.... made me laugh though. Now tell me a good recipe for swiss chard, not sure I will buy it again but just in case. I sauted it and added vinegar and salt and pepper it wasn't bad... but I like spinach and mash turnips better...
I'm glad we all shared our fondness of rhubarb. The recipe with the layers of lemon pudding and maple oatmeal on top sounds yummy! I did the same thing in the store, I thought I saw rhubarb and picked it up, and it was swiss chard. I love swiss chard because it tastes very hearty (kind of like root vegetables). I slice garlic and saute the swiss chard with that and some olive oil. I also add sea salt and pepper. It's really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
Hello Everyone and Welcome to all of the Newbies! I'm diabetic and had my med check today. I think my Dr. was more excited about my results than me! My A1C number is out of the diabetic range and all of my Cholesterol, Triglycerides, etc are the best they have been since 2007. He reviewed the IP info I brought in and asked if he could keep it... he said as long as Phase 1 is a temporary regime it sounds perfect and that he is going to check into doing it himself. WOW! talk about feeling great! I can't wait to share all of this with my coach on Thursday.
Woohoo! That is awesome! Great job on all your amazing health results. Your doctor sounds like a great person too for actually looking at the IP info and maybe even doing it himself! Let us know if he does, that is such a testimonial for IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskDragonfly View Post
oooh, I love rhubarb and have some growing in the garden. I am going to make some this weekend! What a treat!2 cups before it is cooked right? and is there a limit on the Stevia?
Yes, 2 cups before it is cooked.
No limit on the stevia, as far as I know. That is the one sweetener I'm allowed to use and my coach said it's unlimited. But Stevia tastes bitter to me if I use too much, so it's not really an issue. I use 2 servings of it in my rhubarb. I also planted Stevia in my garden because I want to see what it tastes like fresh.

NSV- my favorite trousers are almost falling off. Oops, I am still wearing them today but I guess it's finally time to go buy new ones!

Have a great day everyone!
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #14  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Hello everyone

Hope everyone has a great OP day! Congrats to all NSV's and WI losses today!

Enjoy your day. It is BEAUTIFUL in NJ today my car convertible top will be down after work today! Love this weather!
Beachbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #15  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Good morning IPers!! I've been fairly unmotivated to post but I've been reading daily. I had a plateau from last Thursday until today and I finally broke through. I don't know if it was because of all my bar binging or what. I can say that day 2 of my bar detox is going well though I want to drive right over to Target and buy some Pure Protein bars and go to town, but I won't. I'm dreaming about seeing "17_" on the scale in a couple weeks. I think I weight that in elementary school?!
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote