Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 147/138.8/105

Height: 5' 2.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anialw View Post
I am on day 2 and I have to say, it's not the best day so far. I had the oatmeal in the morning and for lunch I had a sald with WF dressing. I barely ate the salad as I am not really hungry, just craving carbs. I did have the berry yogurt drink, but to me it was way too sweet even after adding more water.

I have to meet friends for dinner tonight at a Lebanse restaurant so I figure I will order the salmon with some girlled veggies that are allowed.

I really need some creative recipes to stay on track.

Can I have an all egg white omelete in the morning with spinach?
I am day two as well. I loved my salad today. I had a huge bowl of mixed spring lettuece and raw spinach. I added 1 tsp evoo and some mrs dash and shook it up with a lid to mix it all together. Then I roasted broccoli and red pepper with some SaltGrass spice on it (you could use any spice) and then chopped it all up and poured it over the salad. I couldn't believe how easy (and good) it was!

Have you tried the IP omelette? I had it this morning with some salt on it and it was really good! You'll get more benefit from the IP omelette than from an egg white omelette and it's protocol. I made a commitment to do this the way it is intended. No cheats. The only way I can lose 3-4 pounds a week is if I do exactly what they say!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #77  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab McButterson View Post
Well today is my first day starting the IP diet so I decided to stop lurking and finally introduce myself. I am a Certified Executive Chef and have cooked professionally for the past 17 years, amazingly I have almost always weighed around 95# ( current weight is 150#). Seven months ago we welcomed our very first baby into this world and I am now a SAHM and I have not been able to lose the baby weight, in fact I have gained weight since coming home from the hospital. I am not a big eater in terms of snacking and sweets but I do love my carbs!! I am a coca-cola addict and I know this will be one of my biggest challenges ahead of me (And of course drinking the water since I CANNOT stand the taste of water). I have planned out my meals for the week hoping the advanced planning will make this easier for me and less chance of screwing up. I never use recipes or follow instructions very well so this will be an uphill challenge for me from the start but I know I can do this. Short introduction but look forward to learning from all of you who have been in my shoes and succeeded!
Hi Tab

Sounds like you and I could be sister's . I too used to be a chef (so this diet in and of itself presents some issues with the food purist in me) I love the challenge of making IP friendly dinners - which I suspect you will find challenging but fun in a weird sort of way. (think of it as a foray into Top Chef) I too am not a recipe follower which has been the creative part of this rather strict diet. Check out the recipe threads for some inspiration...but you will figure this out in no time. As for babies and baby weight - I had a daughter 9 months ago and left the hospital weighing less then I did when I went in (I gained 10 pounds and had an 11 pound baby) however because I couldn't get my breast milk to come in the lactation consultants suggested I eat ice cream and drink beer (this was like nirvana to me)- which I happily did and as long as I did that I had breast milk--really good full fat breast milk-- and 20 additional pounds when all was said and done. (ugggggg) So from one new mom to another and a chef to a chef -- I have been doing this 5 months and am almost 50 pounds down - it is doable, possible and rewarding not just because I have a different body(best it has ever looked) - but because I have had to really work to make this diet a culinary endeavor. (I also find great amusement in having company and feeding them IP friendly dinners without them suspecting a thing--watch out Jamie Oliver) -- Good luck - check back here often - ask questions --this is a wonderful support group and is a huge key to my success
Old 05-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn96 View Post
I am day two as well. I loved my salad today. I had a huge bowl of mixed spring lettuece and raw spinach. I added 1 tsp evoo and some mrs dash and shook it up with a lid to mix it all together. Then I roasted broccoli and red pepper with some SaltGrass spice on it (you could use any spice) and then chopped it all up and poured it over the salad. I couldn't believe how easy (and good) it was!

Have you tried the IP omelette? I had it this morning with some salt on it and it was really good! You'll get more benefit from the IP omelette than from an egg white omelette and it's protocol. I made a commitment to do this the way it is intended. No cheats. The only way I can lose 3-4 pounds a week is if I do exactly what they say!
Thanks for the quick recipe. I think my issue is that I did not do much in the preperation area as this weekend was fully booked and as a rsult I am not liking what I eat. I just checked out the recipe page and plan to experiment some tomorrow.

I do not plan to cheat, but I understood that I can have egg whites with veggies. I guess I can wait until I see my coah to ask. I do not have the omelette but will buy next week when I go for my weekly visit.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 147/138.8/105

Height: 5' 2.25"

Quote:
Thanks for the quick recipe. I think my issue is that I did not do much in the preperation area as this weekend was fully booked and as a rsult I am not liking what I eat. I just checked out the recipe page and plan to experiment some tomorrow.

I do not plan to cheat, but I understood that I can have egg whites with veggies. I guess I can wait until I see my coah to ask. I do not have the omelette but will buy next week when I go for my weekly visit.
Let me know what your coach says! I'll ask mine on Wednesday as well. I was told to have packets for breakfast, lunch, and night snack, but maybe eggs and veggies for dinner is ok sometimes?
Old 05-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #80  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post

On an unrelated note, DIZZY/COLD SPELLS. I know this has been brought up on here before but I can't exactly remember the solution. I assume it has to do with my blood pressure. I just had it checked within the past couple weeks and it was normal. It always has been, except when I first had thyroid problems and it was low, 80something/50something I think. But yesterday and today I have had cold spells, and brief moments of dizziness like while I'm walking, or moreso when I go from sitting to standing.

Low sodium? Potassium? something else?
Hi Treena

Sorry you are not feeling well and have the blahs -- I get those too - funny how this diet effects me more emotionally then usual. As for cold spells - I have them all the time which is weird given I am the person who is ALWAYS hot - I fall into the "most likely to spontaneously combust" category but since about month 3 on this diet I am cold. This is a known side effect of the diet and for some it goes away -- for me I don't suspect it will go away until I am in maintenance which seems rather common. The dizzy spells can be caused by both low blood pressure and low potassium. Are you taking blood pressure meds? or thyroid meds? You may want to be sure you get in at LEAST the minimum amount of sea salt suggested (I tend to need a bit more to stave off the low blood pressure) and up your potassium to 2 rather then 1 for a few days to see if it passes. Hope this helps....hang in there -- ohhh and for the ruhbarb -- I LOVE it - Whole Foods always has it in the frozen section (for future reference) -- I have made muffins with it using the plain pancake mix and a sort of rhubarb crisp with the maple oatmeal packet. I also add it to an individual trifle bowl - a layer of rhubarb, layer of lemon pudding, layer of rhubarb, layer of lemon pudding and then I sprinkle it with some crushed up apple cinnamon soy puffs -- makes me feel like I am having something truly decedent (which for IP it is) -- LOVE IT!!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

I like the IP omelette because it also allows me to use up a daily cup of veggies: Just chop up a cup of mushrooms, scallions, and/or whatever else you want to add. I sometimes use spinach, shredded cauliflower, or tomatoes - which are occasional. Sautee and add to your omelette! Or add your omelette mix to the veggies to make scrambled eggs (which I prefer). It doesn't take much extra time or preparation, and you've taken care of and ENJOYED 1/4 of your daily vegetables!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #82  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

From what I understand you can have 2 eggs as your protein for your evening meal instead of meat/seafood. I know some people do have the egg whites sometimes but that is if they get extra hungry. I really like the omlettes I have them on the weekend for lunch with saute veg it is my weekend treat instead of poached eggs and toast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn96 View Post
Let me know what your coach says! I'll ask mine on Wednesday as well. I was told to have packets for breakfast, lunch, and night snack, but maybe eggs and veggies for dinner is ok sometimes?
you are correct instead of the meat protein. I haven't supplimented my food yet with a egg white but I do know some have been told by their coaches to do that. Best to ask first. Have a good day.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
BTW, I also get my DaVinci sugar-free syrups & all my Walden Farms products from Drug Emporium...
I just looked at your photos! What a difference! You're such a pretty lady, too! Congrats!
Thank you!.. I haven't looked at them in a while & had forgotten what I looked like!..

I haven't explained this in a while, so for the many wonderful newbies, my avatar photo is one taken in Hawai'i in 1988, the last time I weighed my goal weight, 138 lbs... reminds me of where I'm headed...

hugs
Old 05-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Hi Treena

Sorry you are not feeling well and have the blahs -- I get those too - funny how this diet effects me more emotionally then usual. As for cold spells - I have them all the time which is weird given I am the person who is ALWAYS hot - I fall into the "most likely to spontaneously combust" category but since about month 3 on this diet I am cold. This is a known side effect of the diet and for some it goes away -- for me I don't suspect it will go away until I am in maintenance which seems rather common. The dizzy spells can be caused by both low blood pressure and low potassium. Are you taking blood pressure meds? or thyroid meds? You may want to be sure you get in at LEAST the minimum amount of sea salt suggested (I tend to need a bit more to stave off the low blood pressure) and up your potassium to 2 rather then 1 for a few days to see if it passes. Hope this helps....hang in there -- ohhh and for the ruhbarb -- I LOVE it - Whole Foods always has it in the frozen section (for future reference) -- I have made muffins with it using the plain pancake mix and a sort of rhubarb crisp with the maple oatmeal packet. I also add it to an individual trifle bowl - a layer of rhubarb, layer of lemon pudding, layer of rhubarb, layer of lemon pudding and then I sprinkle it with some crushed up apple cinnamon soy puffs -- makes me feel like I am having something truly decedent (which for IP it is) -- LOVE IT!!!!!
I'm not on blood pressure meds but I AM on a low dose of Levothyroxin (generic Synthroid). Could that be doing anything? I've decided to increase my daily salt, but I'll definitely try upping my potassium too. By the way, I'm in the same exact boat as you regarding the "most likely to spontaneously combust." Some of my friends tease me about this! At first I thought I felt cold because I've lost a few "layers," but I notice it's often associated with dizziness and/or headaches. I'll send an email about this to my coach, too, to see what she suggests.

And wow, I totally love your rhubarb suggestions. Between you, Tab (welcome to the site and to IP!!), and all other chefs on 3FC, I have a feeling all of us here on IP are well taken care of regarding food preparation.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #85  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Hi Treena

I have been cold as well, when I asked someone said it is because while you are on this diet your blood pressure is lower. Not sure if that is the answer but I was told that. One of my friend's is on another diet which she started last May or June and she said she was cold until around December. Until her body figured out what was going on.

Cheeky I am glad you are here and share your recipes with us. the trifle sounds really good. I use to love rhubarb as a kid dip it in sugar and there you go... will have to see if I can find it... I thought I saw it one day and then realised that nope you bought a big batch of swiss chard.... made me laugh though. Now tell me a good recipe for swiss chard, not sure I will buy it again but just in case. I sauted it and added vinegar and salt and pepper it wasn't bad... but I like spinach and mash turnips better...
Old 05-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #86  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
Hey darbs7 how are you? Is the bacon and cheese omelet from IP? I have only heard of the herb omelet~
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
Duh, I should have read further in the threads! Now, as I am still in Phase 1 could I use the bacon and cheese omelet?? I need a change in taste~

I used only IP stuff for the first 5 months, but the last 3 months I have been buying from NN. The omelet stats are the same on NN as IP omelet. I also use Frank's red hot on the omelet and it is so yummy.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #87  
Ray

S/C/G: 170.6/170.6/135

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone, i hope your having a great ip day. my day is really good so far. i had posted a name brand of a soya sauce with 0 everything except sodium, and i had given the wrong name. its golden dragon and its a red label. sorrry i had said red dragon. oops, i was close! LOL
Old 05-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #88  
Ray

S/C/G: 170.6/170.6/135

Height: 5 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Yesterday I was so excited when I announced that I got my DBA and I was opening my own Ideal Protein here in San Antonio....wow if I had any dout you guys really picked me up and gave me a big hug...
Its the cutest location like out of Charles Dickens novel...its in a little plaza..
with several quaint shops...
I already have 8 customers waiting to start and the doors are not even open...
San Antonio is going to get thinner one person at a time...
Oh went to a wedding last weekend..it was the first time my family saw me..
It was really quite funny...a lot of mouths were open..made me laugh...I felt like a queen...in a beautiful blue dress...

i'm soooo jealous, i would love to be able to open up shop too. you'll have to let me know how you go about it and how costly it is. maybe someday i can help people out also. goodluck, your going to do great!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I order from Nashau Nutrition....I order the smooth peanut butter bars (they have a chocolate coating)...about 150 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 12 carbs. I also love the double peanut butter and the smooth peanut butter and jelly (both of those are about 160 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 16 carbs). They run around $10 for a box of 7. I also love the bacon and cheese omelet and eat it everyday for breakfast (about 100 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 2 carbs). If you spend $99 you get free shipping.

Thanks lady! I know we are both going to reach our goals.

Hi Darbs, just curious only because IP is expensive, how many grams of protein in these products? I may just have to check this out.
Thanks
Old 05-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Hello Everyone and Welcome to all of the Newbies! I'm diabetic and had my med check today. I think my Dr. was more excited about my results than me! My A1C number is out of the diabetic range and all of my Cholesterol, Triglycerides, etc are the best they have been since 2007. He reviewed the IP info I brought in and asked if he could keep it... he said as long as Phase 1 is a temporary regime it sounds perfect and that he is going to check into doing it himself. WOW! talk about feeling great! I can't wait to share all of this with my coach on Thursday.
Closed Thread