Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #106  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Rhubarb is seriously one of my favorite things. I found some at the farmer's market last weekend. I cut it up in little chunks and cook it in a small pot with just enough water to cover it. Cook it down until it is no longer crunchy (couple of minutes, doesn't take long). I also use stevia in it for sweetness. But I really just love rhubarb because it reminds me of my childhood and my mom making rhubarb jam and crisp and pie! We're from Canada and it's definitely all the rage up there becuase it grows well in cold weather. My bf thinks I'm nuts and he doesn't like it, but he's from Virginia and a bit too Southern for it.

Anyway, I eat it warm and it's like dessert after my dinner! Add stevia until it is sweet enough for you. I hope you love it! I am sending my love of rhubarb vibes your way. Enjoy!

I also lick salt off of my heand when needed. Got the idea on here some time ago and isn't that way easier than trying to drink salt water? Hope you feel better.
oooh, I love rhubarb and have some growing in the garden. I am going to make some this weekend! What a treat!2 cups before it is cooked right? and is there a limit on the Stevia?
Old 05-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #107  

I have been OP for almost 3 weeks now. I am amazed that I have not have a craving. I have a few questions
Is carbonated water allowed
Where do you buy CALM
Old 05-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Hey Summer- I'm psyched you are starting phase 2 today! Good for you. I feel like it is giving me some new focus due to prepping something different for lunch! I'm going to be on phase 2 until the 26th, so we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping to continue to lose some more until phase 3.

NSV today... I'm wearing (dramatic pause (though not as dramatic as Dr. Pxlkitty's post from a couple weeks ago).......) size 6 pants today! My husband said he can't remember me in a size 6. (I didn't have the heart to tell him that I can't remember me in a size 6.)
Hey LC- Ok this is freaky. We really are sister friends on this diet. I had to take my size 8 capris back to Kohls for a size 6, and I swear I wasn't even a 6 in High School!! I was a 10 when I got married some 17 odd years ago!!
Congrats! I didn't lose any pounds today (for the first time) at WI #14 but did lose some inches. I think my body is just telling me I am done.

Phase 2 is great, hope I still keep losing!! Don't have much time now. I am positive I am doing the right thing! If I am really bothered about these last 10 I will go back after the summer. I NEED A BREAK!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:11 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Day two for me! Not too hard, even though I was stuck staffing a table at a conference. They had plenty of ice and a bottled water dispenser, so I was able to make my drinks, no problem. Found a store that carries more WF products and tried the honey dijon dressing, which I liked!

I am working on getting rid of this headache, but I suppose that's a good thing - means I stuck on plan today.

I do have a question. I'm not used to taking so many vitamins, and it's awful forcing so many of them down. Does anybody have any suggestions? Is taking them at the specific time of day they recommend very important? Thanks so much. I REALLY appreciate all of the support on here!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
Doing pretty good today. Hey, does anyone use green smoothies to get their green veggies in? Is that allowed? I like green smoothies and I was way healthier when I was drinking them. I just have to replace the fruit.
mizz- im all about green smoothies. although with IP only spinach counts as a veggie, not the "lettuce". what other IP veggies do you put in yours?

ronda
Old 05-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #111  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
Hello Everyone and Welcome to all of the Newbies! I'm diabetic and had my med check today. I think my Dr. was more excited about my results than me! My A1C number is out of the diabetic range and all of my Cholesterol, Triglycerides, etc are the best they have been since 2007. He reviewed the IP info I brought in and asked if he could keep it... he said as long as Phase 1 is a temporary regime it sounds perfect and that he is going to check into doing it himself. WOW! talk about feeling great! I can't wait to share all of this with my coach on Thursday.
That is great and to have your Doctor ask you about IP must have made you feel really good that you are doing such a great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Hi everyone back from Vegas trip and still going strong with IP. Stayed OP the whole time I was there. No issues at all. I do my testimonial tomorrow at my IP office for all the newbies...I am a little nervous but I am sure everything will be ok. WI is on Friday and I am staying away from the scale until then.

Congrats to all WI's and NSV's today.
Welcome back, You are going to knock them all for a loop tomorrow, be yourself and tell your story. You are going to do great and will be an inspiration for more newbies...

Tate: you can really tell you have lost from the pictures. You look very happy great work.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #112  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

I just wanted to encourage those of you who are in your early days of IP and are feeling tired of it and defeated by rough weeks. Today marks my 7 month anniversary on IP. I am down just about 70 lbs and while not every week has been a big week (or even a down week!), each week on program has been needed to change my mind, my heart & my body to make this change permanent. I am halfway through my first week on phase 2 and am eagerly awaiting the days of big breakfasts and maintenance!

You CAN do this - and soon you'll be looking back on 7 months of program and your life will have changed too.

Jess
Old 05-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all I started IP yesterday. It was really hard as I cold turkeyed my diet coke habit as well. Today seemed to go better and I did not have as many hunger attacks. I have a lot to loose but I am very optimistic.

Trish
Old 05-10-2011, 11:50 PM   #114  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I just wanted to encourage those of you who are in your early days of IP and are feeling tired of it and defeated by rough weeks. Today marks my 7 month anniversary on IP. I am down just about 70 lbs and while not every week has been a big week (or even a down week!), each week on program has been needed to change my mind, my heart & my body to make this change permanent. I am halfway through my first week on phase 2 and am eagerly awaiting the days of big breakfasts and maintenance!

You CAN do this - and soon you'll be looking back on 7 months of program and your life will have changed too.

Jess
Mrs D, new picture, very nice. and thank you for the encouragement. You are great
Old 05-11-2011, 12:59 AM   #115  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
phone installed about the 24th (210)656-1900
15033 Nacogdoches Suite 103
San Antonio, Tx
its on the corner of Judson and nacogdoches
I will be up and running in a few weeks...
its really exciting...love to meet you..
I know exactly where you will be located and it's not too far from me! I will definitely be there when you say you're ready!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #116  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaylor716 View Post
Good Morning all! So I am to the point I am needing to buy vitamins....do you guys buy the Ideal Protein vitamins or do you use a different type??? I'm having a tough time swallowing $28 for a bottle of vitamins when they are much more reasonable at Walgreens or Kroger! Please help! Thanks everyone! I hope everyone has a great day!

Lauren
I started with IP vitamins but are too way expensive, can't afford them anymore... I'm taking my vitamins from Costco, it works fine, I don't feel any difference...
Old 05-11-2011, 06:56 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 208/185/150

Post Vitamins

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung View Post
I started with IP vitamins but are too way expensive, can't afford them anymore... I'm taking my vitamins from Costco, it works fine, I don't feel any difference...
I know I don't comment a lot on here but just had to say something about this. Please remember, with vitamins, you get what you pay for. With most discount vitamins, you might as well be taking a placebo when you look at the actual ingredients in them.....they're usually full of fillers and lower amounts of vitamins/minerals than they claim. There have been people on here who have gotten sick from not taking the required vitamins and this is a well thought-out program, supplying things we need to function on such a strict diet.

I know everyone has limits on money...as do I....but vitamins is one area I refuse to skimp on.....if I can't afford what I know is good, I just don't waste my money on lesser quality. Just my 2 cents worth.

Hugs,

Mary
Old 05-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

My centre does not use IP vitamins, but instead another high quality supplement. Does anyone know if the IP vitamin label info is available anywhere? I'd like to compare.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #119  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Welcome back! We missed you!
How was your trip? How's the BF?
Hey Mary!

BF is doing well. He is studying for his block exams for Med School. 2 more weeks and he will be done for his 1st year! Can not wait to have him to myself for the summer. Heading to Napa in June for our 3 yr anniv. Trip was fab...in the 90's there all week. I laid out by the pool everyday. Loved it!

How are you doing?
Old 05-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygal View Post
I know I don't comment a lot on here but just had to say something about this. Please remember, with vitamins, you get what you pay for. With most discount vitamins, you might as well be taking a placebo when you look at the actual ingredients in them.....they're usually full of fillers and lower amounts of vitamins/minerals than they claim. There have been people on here who have gotten sick from not taking the required vitamins and this is a well thought-out program, supplying things we need to function on such a strict diet.

I know everyone has limits on money...as do I....but vitamins is one area I refuse to skimp on.....if I can't afford what I know is good, I just don't waste my money on lesser quality. Just my 2 cents worth.

Hugs,

Mary
Mary, I could not have said it better! The money I save from no longer grabbing my mocha's at Starbucks more than pays for having quality vitamins. I know I have easily spent over $28 on junk food and fast food in one month too. The list could go on and on .... that's how I EASILY rationalize the expense. I have spent too many years and lots of money destroying my health, now it's time to spend it guilt free to be healthy and happy! As the Loreal (?) commercial use to say, "I'm worth it!" (LOL, those commerials use to just irritate me, now here I am quoting their slogan.)
Closed Thread