3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Big Mac in a Bowl (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/232016-big-mac-bowl.html)

wuv2bloved 08-31-2011 01:47 PM

My Big Mac bowl never looks this good.....lol

FinnSteven 08-31-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4014710)
My Big Mac bowl never looks this good.....lol

...because you probably make it the RIGHT way. haha! I actually did it this way because I didnt have the recipe in front of me and missed that I was supposed to mix everything together and THEN put on top of the salad.

But I have to say that I am glad I made the mistake, as the taste and texture really felt like eating a real Big Mac and not a big mac flavored beef salad. But I am sure both are wickedly divine.

showgirlaz 08-31-2011 03:48 PM

I make this very rarely, maybe once or twice a month, and I hate the WF dressings. I use the lowest carb real thousand island, put the chopped lettuce in a bowl, a about 1tbsp thousand island (mine gives me just 2.5g carbs), add a little apple cider vinegar (just a splash) to thin out the dressing a touch (although you could just stretch it with WF and boost the WF dressing flavor too), and toss it really well. Then I put the other ingredients over that. I have added just a 1/2 ounces of shredded zero carb, low fat cheese in the past too.

Mine never looked as pretty as Steve's does! :)

stolaf 08-31-2011 07:03 PM

Wow - this is one good meal! I made this for the first time tonight. It totally felt like a cheat meal. I can't believe it's OP.

ItsAboutTime 08-31-2011 07:28 PM

I haven't been able to make this for over a month because every time I go to the 2 stores I can get WF thousand island in they are out. Bummed! I too make it with patties instead of browning the hamburger. I've fried the burgers and grilled them. Tastes more like the real thing in my opinion.

iowahawkeyemom 08-31-2011 08:26 PM

Anyone ever use veggie cheese? Is it legal? Our grocery store carries it and it's taste isn't too bad. Not like the real deal but I can get use to it.

wuv2bloved 08-31-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom (Post 4015228)
Anyone ever use veggie cheese? Is it legal? Our grocery store carries it and it's taste isn't too bad. Not like the real deal but I can get use to it.

My coach says we can have it so I have a piece every now and then for something different

karenfromtexas 09-01-2011 11:06 AM

I agree that Big Mac in a Bowl is fantastic. Thanks, Jordanna for inventing it! I eat it 1-2 times a week. I'm not really a fan of Thousand Island dressing on anything else, but it's great on this salad. Because I only eat it when I make Big Mac in a Bowl and no one else at my house likes it, I like to make just enough dressing for one serving. Here is my single-serving dressing recipe:

1 tsp canola mayonnaise (like Vegenaise)
2 tsp low sugar ketchup
1 tsp prepared yellow mustard

Just mix this up and pour it over the salad or mix with the meat after it's cooked. It's plenty of dressing for a large salad, IMO. I count this toward my healthy oil requriement for the day.

Enjoy!

Karen

stellartadpole 09-01-2011 08:31 PM

MMMM so good! Thanks for the post!

Almost done with my first week on IP and this satisfied so many fast food cravings.

Add some toasted sesame seeds for that extra hit of flavor. I don't even miss the high carb "sesame seed bun"

stellartadpole 09-01-2011 08:34 PM

also i don't know what it taste like with wf 1000 island, but I LOOOVE it with spicy brown mustard. so give it a try even if you don't have wf

baldchocnsexy 09-09-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontariophotogal (Post 3826836)
Welcome neighbour :) Here you go

* 1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 1 teaspoon minced dry onions
* 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
* 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
* 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded

Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.

Bless you!

michelletroy 09-09-2011 09:29 AM

I am going to try this recipe this weekend! Of course, even when I did eat a big mac...I had them make mine special with no onions so this is going to be really yummy for me I think!! :)

~Michelle

michelletroy 09-09-2011 07:45 PM

OMG! I made this tonight for the first time and this was soooo yummy!!! I don't normally even care for Mc Donalds, but now this recipe can replace them forever!! THANK YOU FOR THIS WONDERFUL DISH!!! Oh, and I forgot to add that since they didn't have the WF Thousand Island dressing, I used the WF French dressing instead :) I also put no-fat shredded cheese on my meat. I am curious though why several people state they only eat this every so often??? It looks like this is OP...am I wrong?

~Michelle

YvetteSki 09-09-2011 11:21 PM

I love this recipe as well. My hubby and kids love it to that I have to make it for them when I'm having it too. They even get the WF dressing and still love it. It's a once a week meal for us now.

alexandallismom 09-30-2011 09:36 AM

Trying to bumP

Had it last night with turnip fries! My whole family loved it!