3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Big Mac in a Bowl (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/232016-big-mac-bowl.html)

fiesty1ca 04-28-2011 07:28 PM

[QUThis sounds great. One question: What is "WF Thousand Island" dressing. (of course I know what Thousand Island is...WF? not so much) Thank you!OTE][/QUOTE]

WF is Walden Farms. They make calorie free dressings, syrups, etc. You can buy it from lowcarbgrocerydotcom and usually at Tops in the States...HTH!

pixie sticks 04-28-2011 07:40 PM

omg this sounds awesome! how many servings does that recipe make?

Love2travel 04-28-2011 08:50 PM

Mmmm - my favourite recipe :)

GettingItOff 04-30-2011 02:37 PM

Shredded cabbage

I make mine with shredded cabbage so I can count it towards my 2 cups veggies and it tastes delish!

phall8180 04-30-2011 02:44 PM

This is a good dish! My Hubby & Kids loved it!!! I just picked up WF Ranch, they didn't have thousand island. I also saw honey dijon! I picked it up at Stop & Shop in the produce dept! Wish I could get my hands on some WF PB!!

GailMarie 04-30-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phall8180 (Post 3830290)
This is a good dish! My Hubby & Kids loved it!!! I just picked up WF Ranch, they didn't have thousand island. I also saw honey dijon! I picked it up at Stop & Shop in the produce dept! Wish I could get my hands on some WF PB!!

IMHO...the peanut butter is disgusting! I love regular peanut butter and I was so excited to get mine in the mail only to find that it is the most vile tasting thing I have ever put into my mouth:p
Let me know if you like it when you do find it.
Have a great IP weekend!:D

GailMarie 04-30-2011 09:11 PM

OH MY GOSH!!! This is the best thing I've tasted in 3 weeks of this diet!! I will definitely be making this often!

CheekyWit 05-02-2011 04:39 PM

Bump for those looking to find this recipe

fiesty1ca 05-02-2011 05:47 PM

Wow, made this last night and it was a dream!! Thanks so much!! If you close your eyes, you really are at McDonald's!! Mmmmmmm :)

justbeu 05-04-2011 03:48 PM

RE: Big Mac In a Bowl

Hi there,

I don't post often but I had to tell you that this was DELICIOUS!! I did make my own 1000 Island dressing. It is a low fat, low calorie dressing. I also used ground turkey. I will probably eat this salad for days as Big Macs are a comfort food for me. Very, very good!! Thanks so much for posting the recipe!!

Peace and blessings !
Gwen

Treena 05-04-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justbeu (Post 3836149)
Hi there,

I don't post often but I had to tell you that this was DELICIOUS!! I did make my own 1000 Island dressing. It is a low fat, low calorie dressing. I also used ground turkey. I will probably eat this salad for days as Big Macs are a comfort food for me. Very, very good!! Thanks so much for posting the recipe!!

Peace and blessings !
Gwen

Can't go wrong with big mac in a bowl. I go through lots of pickles at my house, for sure! :)

Have you posted your recipe for homemade 1000 Island dressing? I'd love to learn how to make it!

Aimes 05-04-2011 06:11 PM

yes please post it!!!! I know its probably not zero zero zero but I still want to know:)

justbeu 05-05-2011 07:27 PM

Hi,
This is not my recipe for the 1000 Island Dressing..I got it from Food.com.
It is very good. I used my inversion blender to mix it very well. I also added a couple of teaspoons of water to thin it out a bit. I think the Greek Yogurt that I used makes it extra thick and creamy. I use 2 Tablespoons on my salad.

1 cup plain non fat yogurt - I used non fat plain greek
3 tablespoons pickle relish
3 tabelspoons chili sauce
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon minced onions
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 teaspoon mustard

Combine all ingredients, refrigerate at least an hour

Servings per recipe - 24
Serving size - 1 tblsp
Calories per Tblsp - 14
less than 1 gr. fat, 1 gr. protein, 2 gr carbohydrate
56mg of sodium

I hope that you like it and there isn't all of the chemicals found in prepared dressings!!

Gwen

amaliayosa 08-26-2011 05:55 PM

This looks amazing! Lunch tomorrow!

showgirlaz 08-26-2011 06:22 PM

This is amazing!! It was Jordanna's creation. I have started adding a few of the dill pickle zippers to the salad to give it some crunch and added pickle flavor.