3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Big Mac in a Bowl (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/232016-big-mac-bowl.html)

Suzali 01-20-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella73123 (Post 4590012)
I was craving PB too. I had heard that the WF PB is disgusting, but I thought I would give it a try. Save your money, it is horrendous! The consistency is nothing like PB, and the taste is even worse! It doesn't even remind me of PB. If you are craving PB and hope this will cure that, you will surely be disappointed...sorry :(

Thanks Bella. Glad to save the $. Like with most things my cravings have passed. What's that saying "this too shall pass". I don't think they were talking about food but hey it works for me!

clarksgirl 01-23-2013 07:00 PM

I JUST made this!! I can't believe I am not cheating right now!! SOOO good!!

cactusflower 01-23-2013 10:19 PM

I had tonight as well- it was great!

SanB608 01-24-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontariophotogal (Post 3826836)
Welcome neighbour :) Here you go

* 1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 1 teaspoon minced dry onions
* 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
* 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
* 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded

Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.

[QUOTE=clarksgirl;4604214]I JUST made this!! I can't believe I am not cheating right now!! SOOO good!![/

Since this recipe doesn't cover all our veggie requirements, what else do you serve with this?

Ktieman 01-24-2013 09:37 PM

I've got to try this!! Sounds yummo! Without the guilt lol

gazelle 01-24-2013 09:54 PM

You can add spinach to the salad, increase the amount of pickles and onions to equal 2 cups. I also use romaine instead of iceberg for more nutrition (although it still doesn't count as a vegetable).

Alohakiwi 01-24-2013 10:26 PM

Ah yum! Trying this weekend :)

scorbett1103 01-24-2013 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=SanB608;4605991]
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarksgirl (Post 4604214)
I JUST made this!! I can't believe I am not cheating right now!! SOOO good!![/

Since this recipe doesn't cover all our veggie requirements, what else do you serve with this?

This is my recipe, which DOES cover the veggie requirements:

Romaine or iceberg lettuce (as much as you'd like)
1 cup chopped dill pickles
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/2 cup chopped onion (or sometimes I do half onion half mushroom)
8 oz browned ground beef, turkey or chicken
2 Tbsp WF Thousand Island or Russian dressing (I prefer Russian)

clarksgirl 01-25-2013 08:50 AM

I tried this again last night, and I am not totally sure what I did wrong if it was just how I was feeling, but I couldn't choke it down! Bad food night for me! I think I put in too many pickles and onions! I am going to try the mushrooms too, I was already using tomatoes, which definitely was delicious on it!

Betterthings 01-25-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarksgirl (Post 4606368)
I tried this again last night, and I am not totally sure what I did wrong if it was just how I was feeling, but I couldn't choke it down! Bad food night for me! I think I put in too many pickles and onions! I am going to try the mushrooms too, I was already using tomatoes, which definitely was delicious on it!

I saute mushrooms for mine and really enjoy that. Just try tweaking the amount of pickles and onions until you find the amount that is right for you. I had a big mac bowl last night and really enjoyed it.

Lynnie63 01-25-2013 02:07 PM

We have this pretty much every week - it's yummy.

We just use the ground beef in crumbles.

For the extra veggies we'll make rutabega or celery root fries or I'll have rhubarb as a snack between dinner and my 9pm snack.

Maybe we'll have it tonight - not sure what DH has planned....

ladylunk 01-25-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnie63 (Post 4606845)
We have this pretty much every week - it's yummy.

We just use the ground beef in crumbles.

For the extra veggies we'll make rutabega or celery root fries or I'll have rhubarb as a snack between dinner and my 9pm snack.

Maybe we'll have it tonight - not sure what DH has planned....

How would you describe celery root's flavour? Never had it, but a fan of rutabaga fries and jicama fries. Husband does not like clery though...so wondering if it tastes just like celery? Thanks

tbone39 03-23-2013 01:44 PM

Bump.... I had it yesterday... tasted great!

GraceMarie 03-23-2013 05:13 PM

Had it last night ..awsome

Jeaner 03-23-2013 09:29 PM

Hi all...this is day 5 for me. I'm doing better than expected!! Wanted to put in my 2 cents worth regarding the big Mac in a bowl...awesome! And I agree that I do feel like I am cheating.

My biggest issue is eating the large amount of protein and large amount of vegetables for my evening meal. I am doing ongoing tweaking and now doing 1 - 1 1/2 cups of spinach, kale, and or celery in my morning drink. That is great in the chocolate and not bad in the vanilla either. I still need to tweak the 6-8 oz of protein at night meal. I will start out trying to do about 2 oz in my lunch salad...and tweak more if needed. I am questioning if I am in ketosis yet...I really had no withdrawal symptoms (other than the emotional ones!!) But according to my home scale losing at least 1/2 pound or more a day this week. Lots of it I am sure is water weight from release due to no carbs. Anyway I must say this has been a pretty good week so far! Love to all you helpful folks out there.