Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
I missed out on the first few pages of the this thread, and I will catch up, but I had to come and tell you all that I'm in ONEDERLAND!!!!! I'm so proud of myself and so thrilled that IP helped me reach a goal that I haven't been able to reach for 12 years!!! I'm going to get my nose pierced today at 2:30 to celebrate. YIKES! Thank you thank you thank you for all the support!!!
Woo hoo congrats!!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Well after weeks (it feels like it) of the scale not moving at all, even sometimes going up after perfect days.. I didn't weigh yesterday and today my scale moved 2 lbs!!! I think the woosh fairy visited me last night in my sleep

Today marks two months since I started IP, and I had a piano festival today and my fellow piano teachers noticed. That was so kind of them.

Lunch was hard. Note to self.. Bring my own prepared food!! I ate the turkey out of the sandwich and the pickles.. And lettuce.. But I need to pack my own veggies next time I'm out and about. There was broccoli, and I'm surprised I liked it raw.. I never have before.

Congrats to everyone on their victories, NSV, and other non cheats!!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 283/241/133

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
Wow---so much going on for you. First, a BIG for NOT eating your way through stress. That takes a lot of maturity and it means you are willing to take responsibility for your choices rather than say "well, I am just so stressed and I can't help myself!".

I am sorry about your husband's job situation and the additional stress it is putting on you---do not mean to overstep, but is there any chance he would be receptive to an honest conversation about your feelings and what he could do to be helpful to you? (BTW, if he DOES help, you do not get to criticize him for doing it wrong---hubbies can be kind of like puppies in that way---they need short, direct instructions and LOTS of praise!!).

I know you weren't exactly looking for advice, so feel free to ignore this if ya like....but if your hubby is not willing to change to help you, the only thing that might help is you changing your expectations and attitude about having to work. So easy for me to sit here and say that---I am not the one in your position, but it has been my experience that the best way to decrease stress or resentment in my life is to adjust my beliefs or attitude---instead of expecting someone else will change or even not expecting it, but resenting that they won't ("they" being a person or situation". Again---just my 2 cents.

You have a GREAT attitude about the stall and i could not agree with you more about the value of this program not just being weight loss but the change in attitude towards food---it's a HUGE HUGE benefit.
At this point, I'll take all the advice I can get! (LOVE the puppy analogy! It is sooo true!!! ) I have only been married for 2 1/2 years - 2nd marriage for him, first for me - and it's taking a lot of adjusting for both of us, I think. I do want to sit down and have a conversation with him, but we've had his 19 yr old son for 5 of the last 7 weeks (another stressor), and I haven't wanted to broach it with him here. I'm also more than a little afraid of what I'll say, given how much resentment and anger I have right now. So, I've been putting it off for that reason, too. But you are right, it needs to happen. I appreciate your words of wisdom, Tate!! Keep 'em coming!!

Sherilyn
Old 04-02-2011, 10:46 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleBell77 View Post
In just 7 weeks on this diet, I have lost 33 lbs. I have Never. repeat. NEVER been able to lose weight on any other diet I have ever tried. I went to Kohl's last night and truly did not know what size to even begin to try on. I have shopped plus sizes for the past 7 years of my life. I even stopped going to Lane Bryant because nothing ever fit right. I finally found that I am wearing a size Large, my first thing I always pick up is an XXL. It was such a surreal moment for me. I just stood there in complete confusion that this person in the mirror was me. To all the newbies out there, YOU can do this! Just do it and be amazed with the results. I love Ideal Protein!!!
Wow, you could be my twin in all of this LOL. We have the same starting weight, I'm just less than a week behind you in the program, have lost 30 so far, and our goal weight is almost nearly the same...AND I had the exact same experience in Kohl's last week....went straight to the plus size racks and quickly realized that I don't really need to be there anymore! Isn't it an amazing feeling?! But, weird too I agree. Keep up the great work!

Last edited by ontariophotogal; 04-02-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:50 PM   #110  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Has anyone in Canada found MIO anywhere? So far, I've only checked Safeway, with no luck.
I have looked at walmart and sobey and can't find it either. Sorry couldn't help will keep looking and will post when I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4apark View Post
Does anyone know where to find the Stir Fry using peanut butter recipe is? I have been searching for an hour. Thanks
Hi, I will add my recipe to the recipe 2 link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calival View Post
So, is the WF peanut butter really good???
I didn't like it, but it is good in a sauce for stir fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaperTiff View Post
WOW ! Only Friday night and 5 pages ~ This forum is just a wealth of knowledge support and so much more !!

Congrats to all the losses again !!
im having a hard time finding Kale, Although we do live in the middle of nowhere (Wainwright for all you Albertans/Sask's) we are heading to Lloydminster tomorrow so hopefully Superstore or Safeway will have it, Im all for trying new things.

Hope everyone has a great weekend !! The weather here has been gorgeous the last couple of days and we can actually see some grass in our backyard, I was convinced we wouldn't see it until August with all the snow we got this year.
I have found kale at sobeys, walmart and my favorite H &W here in Edmonton it is a vegetable store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
I stepped on the scale this morning (first thing, like I have done everyday for the last umpteen years) and the needle on the scale stopped at a place I have not seen in a long time.......UNDER 300!! Ok, ok, so it was 299.5, but I yelled for my husband tot come quick and look. "Look!!" I said, standing on the scale----that's really under 300, right?? And he said, "Yup!". I know I have along way to go, but this was a big deal and a big day---especially after choosing not to cheat last night!!!

Busy day ahead---have to balance the check book and pay bills, go grocery shopping, and then I have to get into the office for awhile to try to catch up so I am not quite as buried on Monday.

Hope you all have a great day!!!
Hey that is great Tate keep it up and you will be yelling when you hit 199 too.. maybe we can here you in Canada..

Quote:
I missed out on the first few pages of the this thread, and I will catch up, but I had to come and tell you all that I'm in ONEDERLAND!!!!! I'm so proud of myself and so thrilled that IP helped me reach a goal that I haven't been able to reach for 12 years!!! I'm going to get my nose pierced today at 2:30 to celebrate. YIKES! Thank you thank you thank you for all the support!!!
oh congratulations you must be proud of yourself.. so did the nose piercing hurt? I have 10 lbs to join you, I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissbutterflyz View Post
Hello All,

I am new to the boards and starting IP today! Excited to become a part of your wonderful group. Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend.
welcome this website is like a lifeline, and very addictive, because you want to hear how all of your new friends are doing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
So I went out for dinner last night with my bff that I haven't seen since before I started IP. I was really hoping she would notice the weight loss.....and nothing! if she did notice she didn't comment (which she is the type of person who would). Gah I know I am doing this diet for myself and how I feel but it sure would be nice if other people noticed once in a while (sure helps with motivation). I have only had one person notice the weight loss who didn't know I was on IP I guess its just not as noticeable as I think it is...which is fine I still lost the weight thats all that matters and I'm sure the next 30 lbs will be much more noticeable but still just feeling a bit let down........
I am sorry she didn't notice, I know how that feels I too have had friends not notice but then someone comes up to you and says wow how much did you lose and the ones that don't notice are forgotten and you think about how well you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
SV: WI #2, down another 4.8 pounds, that makes 10.8 in 2 weeks!!! And I lost another 4.5 inches!!! I got tears in my eyes when I saw the numbers!!!
Isn't that a great feeling, I still can't believe every time I step on the coach's scale and notice that this is really my new wieght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmama72 View Post
Happy Saturday everyone! I have a question - can you skip the evening snack? That is, how many hours between evening snack and breakfast? I ask because I had a late-ish dinner last night (8PM) and was nowhwere near interested in having that night time snack, but made myself do it anyway. If the point is to give your body some fuel to get you through the night, and you eat late, aren't you already accomplishing that? Thanks...
I asked my coach about that as I was skipping snacks as well as I was full, she said that if you don't eat the 3 packs your body may think you are starving and start storing the fat again. and you would stop losing weight. Since then I have been doing my 3 packs a day.

Finally here in Edmonton the snow is beginning to melt... my offleash where I walk the dogs every night is under about 5" of water and I had to go by gum boots so I could walk, My old girl isn't liking it too much but she follows in my footsteps so I have to make sure I don't make big holes so she doesn't fall into. My weekend offleash is much better, still lots of snow and if you go early enough it is still frozen. I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and I am happy to say I am still OP... Happy Saturday night.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
In just 7 weeks on this diet, I have lost 33 lbs. I have Never. repeat. NEVER been able to lose weight on any other diet I have ever tried. I went to Kohl's last night and truly did not know what size to even begin to try on. I have shopped plus sizes for the past 7 years of my life. I even stopped going to Lane Bryant because nothing ever fit right. I finally found that I am wearing a size Large, my first thing I always pick up is an XXL. It was such a surreal moment for me. I just stood there in complete confusion that this person in the mirror was me. To all the newbies out there, YOU can do this! Just do it and be amazed with the results. I love Ideal Protein!!!
Aww...I got all happy reading this! How wonderful!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 11:53 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 375/375/250

Height: 7'0"

First question, any men here? Going into my 4th week started at 375 and was 342 at last weigh in. One valuable lesson learned, don't cheat. I ate something that I thought was ok but quickly learned that it wasn't. My body basically said, whoa! what are you putting in here. Felt terrible for 2 days. Don't get too creative with the recipes, but I will say the scallops from Market Day are delicious. I haven't asked my chiropractor yet, but when it says we can have 2 whole eggs, what does that mean?
Old 04-02-2011, 11:56 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 320/396/175

Height: 5'8"

Well my true test of will power will be tonight and tomorrow. We are hosting a baby shower for a friend who coincidently owns a chinese restaurant, and its a surprise, so we are going out there for "supper" tomorrow and im currently baking the cake for tomorrow.

So if i survive not "testing" the cake i know I will last through dinner with steamed brocoli and chicken.

Psst, I licked the beaters tho :S
Old 04-03-2011, 12:18 AM   #114  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravis View Post
First question, any men here? Going into my 4th week started at 375 and was 342 at last weigh in. One valuable lesson learned, don't cheat. I ate something that I thought was ok but quickly learned that it wasn't. My body basically said, whoa! what are you putting in here. Felt terrible for 2 days. Don't get too creative with the recipes, but I will say the scallops from Market Day are delicious. I haven't asked my chiropractor yet, but when it says we can have 2 whole eggs, what does that mean?
Welcome

There are men, stay tuned... 2 whole eggs as your protein, so instead of meat or seafood and not with the meat. So if you like for example a spinach salad and you like it with hard boiled eggs that would be your dinner protein. I know some people have added one egg for a snack if you are really hungry but ask your coach about that as some coaches will say it is okay and others will say no.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:20 AM   #115  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Hi everyone! Grat to hear about all of the great weight loss for the week's WI and hang in there if it's coming off slowly.

I had WI#1 on Thursday, and lost 5.5lbs (TOM)! I was super happy with that, and I'm going to skip the restricteds for the next few weeks, hoping to boost that a little bit.

I have a question about snack. My coach said to make sure I still have my snack at night, and not to switch it up at all. I hear conflicting advice here, so just wondering if it slowed down your weight loss any to have it in the afternoon instead of at night. We eat supper at around 7:30, so it's tough to squeeze that last packet in afterward.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #116  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Also, is Kale a veggie, or is it lettuce? Sorry if that's a dumb question, just wasn't sure. Thanks so much!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:22 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Hi chicks! I haven't been on in a while - traveling to Phoenix for dear friends special birthday. Also on my new I phone. I'm not really smart enough for a smart phone but I'm so glad I have it cuz I'm at the party now. Was worried about the crack cocaine (kidding) they'll be serving soon. Just read a few of your posts- it helped. But the haven't served it yet...wish me luck.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:23 AM   #118  
Re-Start for the Last 20

S/C/G: 230/195/145

Height: 5'5.5"

Just had to tell someone about my week.
•7 weeks on program and 30 lbs lost!
•Someone who didn't know I was on IP, noticed my weight loss!!!
•I'm in ONE-DERLAND!!!
•5 lbs to 1/2 way mark!
•bought new, smaller jeans (14's)
•blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol, and heart palpations, ALL DOWN!!
•I can cross my legs!
•On the flight to Vegas I didn't ooze into the other seats!
HAPPY HAPPY, JOY JOY!
Thanks to you all for your MARVELOUS support! ~Lori

Last edited by Gentlehyena; 04-03-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Wishing everyone a great Sunday!

I am thinking of doing something fun with my family today... not sure what yet (or if it will even happen)!

Quote:
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissbutterflyz View Post
Hello All,

I am new to the boards and starting IP today! Excited to become a part of your wonderful group. Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend.
I hope this is as good for you as it is for me so far! Good luck to you! Hang in there if you don't feel so well for the first 3-4 days. It gets way better fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
Had my first NSV yesterday when my neighbor walked by and told me "you look great." I said what do you mean, because I was off to the park with the dogs in my grungy clothes! She said you really look like you've lost some weight! I was so happy! I had to make some brownies for one of my bosses and didn't even taste them! Although, she said they were really good! LOL! Today I go for WI 3. I am hoping I'm getting there. The arthritis in my knees doesn't to seem to be as intense as before.

Hope everyone has a beautiful and victorious IP day!
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
So I went out for dinner last night with my bff that I haven't seen since before I started IP. I was really hoping she would notice the weight loss.....and nothing! if she did notice she didn't comment (which she is the type of person who would). Gah I know I am doing this diet for myself and how I feel but it sure would be nice if other people noticed once in a while (sure helps with motivation). I have only had one person notice the weight loss who didn't know I was on IP I guess its just not as noticeable as I think it is...which is fine I still lost the weight thats all that matters and I'm sure the next 30 lbs will be much more noticeable but still just feeling a bit let down........
How disappointing! Maybe there's some other reason she either didn't notice or didn't mention? She could have been distracted... or maybe just didn't want to ask... Keep with it, people will notice soon and when it rains, it pours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Orchid View Post
Happy Saturday!

Congrats to all on their losses and a big 'hang in there' to those struggling.

I had my first WI yesterday, and lost 7.5 lbs and 14.5 inches (3 off my hips alone). I was really happy, especially since I had already had 2 liters of water and two meals, so I know it was a little higher. So far, I've been enjoying this diet, but I have always liked veggies.

I struggled a little this morning after hubby woke up a little cranky, so then I wanted to eat to comfort myself. I am so happy I was able to recognize it and not give in!
Way to go! Hang in there! You are doing so great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
SV: WI #2, down another 4.8 pounds, that makes 10.8 in 2 weeks!!! And I lost another 4.5 inches!!! I got tears in my eyes when I saw the numbers!!!
Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Congrats on staying so strong through all you've been dealing with. And this "cheat" you talk about, considering everything, I think you're gonna be just fine
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya2081 View Post
Yesterday was day 2 for me and it went better than day 1. I liked the food a lot better, omelet, leek soup, chocolate drink.
I am just amazed at how not hungry I am. I had to force myself to finish up my drink. I haven't had any lettuce because I get to the point where I would eat it and I just can't eat it.

Off schedule a bit today because I slept in still recovering from my sleepless red eye flight wed-thurs. breakfast at lunchtime, lunch in about 10 minutes, dinner at 6:30 snack at 8 or 9.
Dinner is my birthday dinner with the in-laws. Going to Texas roadhouse. Already have my meal planned out, bringing a WF dressing packet with me for my salad. Then tomorrow its off to Fort Worth for work. I got upgraded to First Class (yeah!) so it will be interesting to see what meal I get. I will be being all my packets with me so I can drink those in place of a meal. I will probably also bring some pre cooked chicken just in case. My hotel room has a fridge and microwave so that will be easy to handle. Visiting the grocery for my veggies with be my first stop. I bought a plastic bottle so I can bring my EVOO and I am going to put my salt in an empty spot in my pill box.

I am really enjoying reading everyone successes. I really haven't craved anything, except last night while trying to get to sleep I was literally drooling craving beef stroganoff--such a random dish.
I can't believe you started BEFORE your birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomsMom2001 View Post
Good Luck, I'm on day 6 and I love this diet!
I am loving it too!

Quote:
WAY TO GO ASH & TATE !! THOSE ARE AMAZING MILESTONES !!!!

I too have become a scale whore ! and this morning I was glad I was ! no more 27*s for this chick !! but I know my scale is a few lbs lighter than my coach's so i hope hers is as nice to me monday morning !!
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
I actually lost 3.8 lbs this week, almost a full pound more than last week! Not so many inches though, only 3 1/2 inches, total of almost 14 pounds and 10 inches. I"ll take it! Thanks for all the support on this board! You all are great, encouraging, informational and the best!!!! I love my kale chips and Turnip fries!!!! Yummy!!!!
Great results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Just finished a serious closet clean-out. I now have a nice minimalist closet of clothes that actually fit. I Cleaned out hubby's clothes too and have a nice big pile for donation. Kidlet needs to ditch his 2T pants for longer ones, so we will all be donating clothes.
I am ending week 3 and I am already down one clothing size. I did a closet clean up today too! I was hanging on to clothes that are up to two sizes bigger and I got rid of those. I am not ready to get rid of the one size bigger yet (except for maybe a few items) but I have a feeling that it's coming soon. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are losing weight using another method and they are right behind me, so I am donating my clothes to them as "transition pieces". I have a colleague who is losing weight just ahead of me and she e-mailed me this week to let me know that she has some "transition pieces" for me too! I also cleaned up my son's closet. I am not ready to tackle my daughter's yet. My husband is a big boy and can do his own!

Quote:
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post
Well after weeks (it feels like it) of the scale not moving at all, even sometimes going up after perfect days.. I didn't weigh yesterday and today my scale moved 2 lbs!!! I think the woosh fairy visited me last night in my sleep

Today marks two months since I started IP, and I had a piano festival today and my fellow piano teachers noticed. That was so kind of them.

Lunch was hard. Note to self.. Bring my own prepared food!! I ate the turkey out of the sandwich and the pickles.. And lettuce.. But I need to pack my own veggies next time I'm out and about. There was broccoli, and I'm surprised I liked it raw.. I never have before.

Congrats to everyone on their victories, NSV, and other non cheats!!
I am happy for you that things are moving again! I guess sometimes the body just needs to readjust.

Quote:
Well my true test of will power will be tonight and tomorrow. We are hosting a baby shower for a friend who coincidently owns a chinese restaurant, and its a surprise, so we are going out there for "supper" tomorrow and im currently baking the cake for tomorrow.

So if i survive not "testing" the cake i know I will last through dinner with steamed brocoli and chicken.

Psst, I licked the beaters tho :S

Good luck! You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunladybug22 View Post
Hi everyone! Grat to hear about all of the great weight loss for the week's WI and hang in there if it's coming off slowly.

I had WI#1 on Thursday, and lost 5.5lbs (TOM)! I was super happy with that, and I'm going to skip the restricteds for the next few weeks, hoping to boost that a little bit.

I have a question about snack. My coach said to make sure I still have my snack at night, and not to switch it up at all. I hear conflicting advice here, so just wondering if it slowed down your weight loss any to have it in the afternoon instead of at night. We eat supper at around 7:30, so it's tough to squeeze that last packet in afterward.
What a great start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlehyena View Post
Just had to tell someone about my week.
•7 weeks on program and 30 lbs lost!
•Someone who didn't know I was on IP, noticed my weight loss!!!
•I'm in ONE-DERLAND!!!
•5 lbs to 1/2 way mark!
•bought new, smaller jeans (14's)
•blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol, and heart palpations, ALL DOWN!!
•I can cross my legs!
•On the flight to Vegas I didn't ooze into the other seats!
HAPPY HAPPY, JOY JOY!
Thanks to you all for your MARVELOUS support! ~Lori
Excellent! Way to go!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunladybug22 View Post
Also, is Kale a veggie, or is it lettuce? Sorry if that's a dumb question, just wasn't sure. Thanks so much!
Kale is actually a type of cabbage, and you can count it as part of your 4-cups of veggies a day.
Closed Thread