3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Life After Phase 1 -- the second sequel (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/226646-life-after-phase-1-second-sequel.html)

Slipfree 06-07-2014 07:39 PM

Breakfast 16.64 53.14 33.11 472

Nature's Own Healthy Multi Grain Bread
2 slices

Great Value Part Skim Milk Ricotta Cheese
1/4 cup

Strawberries
3/4 cup halves

Turkey Breakfast Sausage
2 links cooked

Egg

SylviesGirl 06-07-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 5019379)

2 slices

1/4 cup

Strawberries
3/4 cup halves

Turkey Breakfast Sausage
2 links cooked

Egg

Funny that we both had ricotta today. Great minds think alike! ;)

I'm definitely looking forward to breakfast tomorrow. I'm going to have the same thing -- want to see if I get that stomach ache again . . . and it was just plain yummy.

Slipfree 06-07-2014 09:04 PM

SG- that is tomorrow's breakfast. You were my inspiration. I post it the night before to plan ahead. I am going to make the French toast with one egg and a little almond milk.

The first couple of days, I was getting some relief from the C and needed the bathroom soon after breakfast. Then C reared it's ugly head again, bringing bloating. Finally had to take something to help.

Weekends are great for recipes. During the week, I need quick breakfast prep. But not for long, only 7.5 days left of school! Yippee!

SylviesGirl 06-07-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 5019409)
SG- that is tomorrow's breakfast. You were my inspiration. I post it the night before to plan ahead. I am going to make the French toast with one egg and a little almond milk.

The first couple of days, I was getting some relief from the C and needed the bathroom soon after breakfast. Then C reared it's ugly head again, bringing bloating. Finally had to take something to help.

Weekends are great for recipes. During the week, I need quick breakfast prep. But not for long, only 7.5 days left of school! Yippee!

Well, that makes more sense -- and is a lot less freaky. :dizzy:

Let me know how it works with the almond milk. That sounds like a good idea.

Slipfree 06-08-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 5019379)

2 slices

1/4 cup

Strawberries
3/4 cup halves

Turkey Breakfast Sausage
2 links cooked

Egg

Yummy breakfast- made the French toast with 1 egg and 1oz of almond milk, vanilla stevia and cinnamon. Topped with skim ricotta, cinnamon and strawberries. Definitely a weekend breakfast, since I am feeling really full.

SylviesGirl 06-08-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 5019628)
Yummy breakfast- made the French toast with 1 egg and 1oz of almond milk, vanilla stevia and cinnamon. Topped with skim ricotta, cinnamon and strawberries. Definitely a weekend breakfast, since I am feeling really full.

I'm going to try the almond milk then. I can't say I am hating finally feeling full once in a while. That said, something different needs to happen tomorrow as I won't have as much time to cook.

I had the same breakfast as I did yesterday. No stomach ache this morning, yay!

Slipfree 06-08-2014 06:22 PM

Breakfast Monday Day 9 calories 438

Blueberries 1 cup

Food For Life Baking Company Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin Bread
1 slice

Silk Pure Almond Milk - Unsweetened Original
1/2 cup

Green Mountain Creamery Plain Greek Yogurt
1 container

Bare Naked Vanilla Almond Crunch Granola
1/16 cup

Maranatha No Stir Creamy Almond Butter
1tbl and a tsp.

Slipfree 06-08-2014 06:37 PM

Sylviesgirl,

Here are some possibilities from the old Life After Thread:

Egg Sandwich
Thomas - 100% Whole Wheat Bagel Thin, 1 Bagel
Natural Pepper Jack Cheese
Egg Beaters - All Natural Egg Whites
Jones Dairy Farm - Ham Slices 97% Fat Free

Yogurt Parfait
Fresh Rasberries
Chobani - Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
Made this for breakfast today, it felt like cheating!!!

2 Nutri Grain waffles
1/2 banana
1 Tbsp peanut (or other nut) butter
2 Tbsp Walden farms pancake syrup
1 Tbsp mini chocolate chips (I used Ghiardelli)

While the waffles are toasting, microwave the peanut butter for 20-30 seconds until melted. Stir in the pancake syrup until well mixed.

Top waffles with PB "syrup", sliced banana and chocolate chips!
Add 1 serving of dairy of your choice to make a complete P3 breakfast

Waffles:
323 calories
11g protein
13g fat
50g carbs (43g net carbs)

Waffles plus 3/4 cup fat free plain greek yogurt:
413 calories
28g protein
13g fat
57g carbs (50g net carbs)

I love Kind brand vanilla blueberry clusters with flax seeds. It's a gluten free low glycemic granola. My go to breakfast on work days is to mix it with a small container of Fage 0% plain yogurt, 1C sliced strawberries, and 1T peanut butter. So good!

1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
1 cup strawberries
1/4 cup Bear Naked Fit Granola

2 slices canadian bacon

One toast with light butter, one egg, 2 small pieces of canadian bacon and about 5 yummy strawberries. I know I probably should have had 2 pieces of toast but could not eat anymore, that was around 9 and hungry now after doing chores so opted for a light laughing cow cheese.

I love the unsweetened alpen muesli plus nonfat greek yogurt and either a cup of berries OR 2 chopped up apricots plus have a piece of toast and almond butter.

These are from a bunch of different posts. Good luck! Finding a trend for me, the more bread involved in breakfast-the hungrier I am later in the day.

Slipfree 06-09-2014 08:22 PM

My breakfast Day 10
1 piece of Ezekiel bread
1 tablespoon of almond butter
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup strawberries
1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
1/8 Bare Naked vanilla granola forgot the granola!

canadjineh 06-10-2014 02:40 AM

Make yourself a pizza on a flatbread or English muffin with lots of veggies, ham or shrimp, cheese and it's not even counted like on your cheat day because it's breakfast!!

I love savoury stuff for breakfast. Open face toasted tuna sandwich is calling my name for tomorrow's breakfast, with Hot Lime Pickle in it and an apple for after.

:drool: Liana :drool:

Slipfree 06-10-2014 08:30 PM

Hi Liana,

I read your maintainer food post every day, thank you for doing it. I do not prefer savory during the week. I get up and on the road too early to enjoy savory and like something sweet that early. I will save your idea for an upcoming weekend. I love pizza!

Slipfree 06-10-2014 08:32 PM

My breakfast Day 11
1 piece of Ezekiel bread
1 tablespoon of almond butter
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup strawberries
1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
1/8 Bare Naked vanilla granola forgot the granola!

Slipfree 06-10-2014 11:49 PM

How are you doing Sylviesgirl?

SylviesGirl 06-11-2014 10:02 AM

Oh, I'm doing okay, I guess. Sorry to be MIA for a couple of days. My son is on summer vacay now and that is NO vacay for me! I have been running around like a chicken w/o a head with him all this week! :dizzy:

Like you, I prefer a sweet breakfast. I guess it is all those shakes for breakfast all this time. I wake up practically giggly about my strawberries & cream french toast each morning now. I will get around to a savory breakfast some time, though, as one of my future goals is to cut down on my Splenda intake. Thanks, Liana.

That said, today was my first P3 weigh in and I am up 2. I'm trying to keep perspective and all of that, but I would not be honest if I said I was just going right along. I am worried that these breakfasts are already too much for me and that I will be stuck in a phase 2 1/2 existence if I want to maintain. I know it is too early to know that. I know this could be water retention or glycogen stores or just one of those weeks . . . but this was a really bad week for this to happen. I have been feeling "guilty" about the breakfasts as it is, like I'm overeating. And, my husband and son will be out of town all next week. I am afraid about being home alone all week . . . that used to be a big eating event for me. I could have really used a good weigh in to bounce off of next week. :(

Sorry you asked, Slipfree? Sorry to be a downer. I am working on it . . . I'll be better soon.

P.S. I was reading the P4 thread you bumped up. Thanks!

canadjineh 06-11-2014 12:01 PM

SylviesGirl: Just take a deep breath... really, Maintenance is not so bad, lol. If you just think that almost anything goes for breakfast, and watch more carefully for the other meals - you will do fine. Both Ruth Ann & I have actually lost weight/inches in P3 & maintenance so there isn't anything to worry about. Even if you do gain a little weight (as most expect to) it is just your muscles getting back their glycogen - you will still be slim & perhaps even lose inches during that time. I actually lost .5 of an inch on my hips after my vacation this past week (this is 3 months into maintenance, now).

You are doing wonderfully, enjoy your well-earned French toast!

I like to take my time in the morning so I like savoury, but I am up with my husband at 6:30 am and don't have to get started til much later for myself. I've never been a great morning person anyhow, Slipfree, :dz: although I am better at it now than when I was younger. :D

Liana