3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Life After Phase 1 -- the second sequel (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/226646-life-after-phase-1-second-sequel.html)

Aunt Sheshie 09-12-2011 05:13 PM

Bump!..

hugs :hug:

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 09-16-2011 02:00 PM

bump

New Englander 03-30-2012 08:10 PM

Hi, I've just finished reading all the "Life After P1" threads and they are great! I just began P2 today and feel so prepared from all I just learned...my eyes are a little blurred and my husband would finally like some computer time! If you're just beyond P1 go back through the Life After P1 threads...great info!

Thank you to all the great contributors!!!

Sewmam 03-31-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Englander (Post 4274371)
Hi, I've just finished reading all the "Life After P1" threads and they are great! I just began P2 today and feel so prepared from all I just learned...my eyes are a little blurred and my husband would finally like some computer time! If you're just beyond P1 go back through the Life After P1 threads...great info!

Thank you to all the great contributors!!!

Thank you! I thought I had searched and read these threads, but I must have gotten side tracked in my Phase 4 panic. It was reassuring to see other people have felt as confused by it as I was.

Good luck to you as you phase out. Phase 3 breakfasts are incredible....

New Englander 03-31-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewmam (Post 4274824)
Thank you! I thought I had searched and read these threads, but I must have gotten side tracked in my Phase 4 panic. It was reassuring to see other people have felt as confused by it as I was.

Good luck to you as you phase out. Phase 3 breakfasts are incredible....

I can't wait until I get to P3 breakfast!!! I feel so prepared to hit P4 after reading all these threads... I saw two friends who did IP last year and one told me he wanted to stay in P2 because he was clueless about what to do in P3 or P4...we go to the same clinic so I'm thinking I'm really fortunate to have found this site and link when I did. I feel so prepared and READY to hit life after P1.

Congratulations on your weight loss success. It's unbelievably awesome!!! WTG!!!

New Englander 04-01-2012 08:37 AM

Yesterday I saw 2 of 6 friends who did IP last year and all are in maintenance. Only one of the six has completely reverted back to his old eating styles and gave up on IP. One women who lost 50 gained 12 back and is now in P1 to get back on track. Her husband also lost 50 and gained 5 back but doesn't follow P4 as per the protocol, but whatever he's doing seems to work. Another women who lost a significant amount (which I don't remember the # lost) gained some Christmas weight but is doing fine on maintenance. Her husband is currently doing a reboot because he put on 10 - 15 lbs and wants to get to a more comfortable weight. The last guy who did IP and is in maintenance I forgot to ask about so I don't know how he's doing...

The one person who didn't stick with it has always done what he wants regardless of the outcome so being overweight may not have been such a big deal to him, so don't get discouraged that you'll be one of the failures. Personally, I don't think he was mentally prepared to do this for life and make changes. I also think he may have gotten excited about it because so many of our friends were doing it but when it got to maintenance he just gave up and said "the heck with this"...he's a very jovial man who loves to enjoy life and food and drink may be his "ticket" to enjoying life...

Well, this is what's going on in my life in "Life After P1".

Today is my first week in P2. It's exactly like P1 except the lunch. I'm going on the scale a lot! I was actually down another pound this morning and it's only day 3 of P2 so I'm hoping for a two pound loss when I get weighed in on this coming week. I'll be back to post an update. Or just to share my thought...

:)

patns 04-06-2012 12:58 AM

bump

Sewmam 04-06-2012 07:49 AM

Question... last night I ate more protein than the 7 oz for maintenance. I had roasted a pork tenderloin and it was done by evening, and I just scarfed a piece, well after dinner was over. I'm thinking that it will have minimal impact on the diet because it was low-fat, no carb, right? I know what to do if I splurge and combine the fat and carbs, you do a phase 1 day. But too much protein?

New Englander 04-06-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewmam (Post 4282846)
Question... last night I ate more protein than the 7 oz for maintenance. I had roasted a pork tenderloin and it was done by evening, and I just scarfed a piece, well after dinner was over. I'm thinking that it will have minimal impact on the diet because it was low-fat, no carb, right? I know what to do if I splurge and combine the fat and carbs, you do a phase 1 day. But too much protein?

Personally, I think you should be fine.

purple sky 04-06-2012 12:06 PM

I start phase 2 today.

Sewmam 04-06-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple sky (Post 4283162)
I start phase 2 today.

Yeah!!! Congratulations! Enjoy!!!!!

New Englander 04-06-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple sky (Post 4283162)
I start phase 2 today.

Yah!!! Almost there!!! I'm currently googling nutritional information for my upcoming P3 breakfast. So far I'm looking at turkey bacon, cheddar cheese, egg whites on whole wheat bread...along with the other requirements (fruit and dairy)...I can't eat real bacon and I'll probably go with low fat cheese due because I don't want my cholesterol to go back up again... :)

Sewmam 04-06-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Englander (Post 4283234)
Yah!!! Almost there!!! I'm currently googling nutritional information for my upcoming P3 breakfast. So far I'm looking at turkey bacon, cheddar cheese, egg whites on whole wheat bread...along with the other requirements (fruit and dairy)...I can't eat real bacon and I'll probably go with low fat cheese due because I don't want my cholesterol to go back up again... :)

Don't know if you can get them where you live, but I just tried Morning Star breakfast sausages this morning and they were pretty good. Soy based.

New Englander 04-06-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewmam (Post 4283403)
Don't know if you can get them where you live, but I just tried Morning Star breakfast sausages this morning and they were pretty good. Soy based.

Thank you! So if they're soy based are they're vegetarian? I'm not a faithful vegetarian but I wouldn't mind trying a meatless sausage

Sewmam 04-06-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Englander (Post 4283525)
Thank you! So if they're soy based are they're vegetarian? I'm not a faithful vegetarian but I wouldn't mind trying a meatless sausage

They are vegetarian but not vegan. Just noticed they have egg whites, probably as a binder. The base is TVP with wheat gluten, soy protein, egg white, corn oil, spices, vitamins... 2 links have: 80 calories, 3 g fat, 3 g carb (minus 2 g fiber), 9 g protein, 300 mg sodium, no sugars.

I used their "Grillers Prime" burgers every now and then too. I really prefer black bean burgers, but they weren't allowed on Phase 1. Oh my...now I can get some! or make some!

I eat meat too, but sometimes this diet just seems like so much of it, so I enjoy varying it up a bit.