3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Life After Phase 1 -- the second sequel (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/226646-life-after-phase-1-second-sequel.html)

woolberger 06-16-2011 03:56 PM

Hello to all my fellow IP travelers...from Peru!

I am in Iquitos Peru on a medical mission. This is my first major excursion since starting maintenence. We are doing orthopedic surgeries for 1 week at a small hospital. We are being fed by the hospital and we eat what they give us. They are vegetarian so there are a lot of starches but not too many refined carbs. We have been warned not to eat the fruits & vegies so I'm eating a lot of rice. beans and potatoes. It's a little nerve racking but I'll go with the flow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Congratulations to all who have reached goal.

Lynn

Lucky Chick 06-16-2011 05:29 PM

Hello!
I'm not in Peru or Europe, but I did have a great time at the spa in AZ! Wow. What a wonderful gift. After all of our 'I'm not worthy' and 'I can't see the changes in myself' discussions it was just what I needed to clear my head. I spent a bunch of time trying to readjust to this improved body and tried to get beyond my comfort zone with meditation and other 'alternative' practices.

The thing I found so interesting was how I was choosing to eat... I found myself eating much like in phase 3. I added some carbs to dinner, but not a huge amount. I had dessert a couple times while I was there, too, but since it was a spa everything was 'toned down' and much more healthy. Nonetheless the one night I had 2 servings of soy ice cream rolled in pralines and it was incredible. I felt a little guilty at first, but that's what life is about, right? (To be honest, I got the seconds to go so no one could see me eat another serving.)

Anyway, I've been on 'maintenance' for a week and saw my second lowest weight this a.m. (140.2). Last night at a preschool graduation party I passed on the pizza and cake (come on, they really aren't THAT good), but had a few other snacks and veggies. Then today it was back to good ole phase 3 (ish) living. I think this will be my comfort zone. I just don't need a bunch of carbs at night every night.

Congrats on the SVs and NSVs. I have a lot to catch up on. One of the best parts of my trip was being disconnected from technology (by choice). I recommend that to all of you as well. I swear for a while there I was as addicted to this board as I once was to carbs.

blueandwhite 06-17-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susie_Bee (Post 3893601)
I reached my goal!!! I felt so bad for phasing off before reaching my goal and somehow, some way, I reached my goal this morning: 144.0 lbs and 30 lbs lost!!! Woohoo!!! :dancer:

Awesome! I'm so happy for you, and I hope you're starting to feel better. :hug:

blueandwhite 06-17-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Chick (Post 3894548)
Hello!
I'm not in Peru or Europe, but I did have a great time at the spa in AZ! Wow. What a wonderful gift. After all of our 'I'm not worthy' and 'I can't see the changes in myself' discussions it was just what I needed to clear my head. I spent a bunch of time trying to readjust to this improved body and tried to get beyond my comfort zone with meditation and other 'alternative' practices.

The thing I found so interesting was how I was choosing to eat... I found myself eating much like in phase 3. I added some carbs to dinner, but not a huge amount. I had dessert a couple times while I was there, too, but since it was a spa everything was 'toned down' and much more healthy. Nonetheless the one night I had 2 servings of soy ice cream rolled in pralines and it was incredible. I felt a little guilty at first, but that's what life is about, right? (To be honest, I got the seconds to go so no one could see me eat another serving.)

Anyway, I've been on 'maintenance' for a week and saw my second lowest weight this a.m. (140.2). Last night at a preschool graduation party I passed on the pizza and cake (come on, they really aren't THAT good), but had a few other snacks and veggies. Then today it was back to good ole phase 3 (ish) living. I think this will be my comfort zone. I just don't need a bunch of carbs at night every night.

Congrats on the SVs and NSVs. I have a lot to catch up on. One of the best parts of my trip was being disconnected from technology (by choice). I recommend that to all of you as well. I swear for a while there I was as addicted to this board as I once was to carbs.

I was thinking about you today, wondering about your time at the spa, so thanks for sharing a bit!

Funny you should say that you can see phase 3 being your comfort zone, as I've been thinking the same thing the last couple of days; enjoy the weekends a bit, and phase 3 (ish) during the week. So, here's to a somewhat responsible 1st weekend on maintenance! ;)

darbs7 06-17-2011 08:19 AM

I see phase 3 being my comfort zone too. My problem is I used to drink often in social settings. I would like to think I am not an alcoholic, but I do miss a few drinks here and there.

Last night we went to a dinner and a movie place and I order the chicken caesar salad with blue cheese on the side, no croutons, and an appletini and 2-3 bites of my hubby's chicken parm.

today I will have no carbs.....I hope my mind has changed and that I can maintain

Susie_Bee 06-17-2011 11:20 AM

Day 7 of Phase 3 for me and I feel a bit better today. Yesterday, I still felt pretty lousy (headache and stomach pain all day). I haven't had any peanut butter in two days. Today, I had toast (Smart bread), srambled eggs, 1 breakfast sausage link and some watermelon (breakfast buffet at the off-site meeting). I also had a coffee with Stevia and a touch of milk.

I am having so much fun shopping for my new body! This is going to be too expensive... Yikes! I can't believe how I look in certain clothes that I could not even consider wearing before.

Today, I am wearing a new outfit that I bought yesterday to wear for the off-site meeting (a black pencil skirt with a short sleeved white blazer with a big black patent belt on it, a black cami underneath and black high-heeled shoes). An older lady on the street, a complete stranger, said to me, while waiting at a traffic light: "Madame, vous êtes chic!" (Translation: Ma'am, you look very chic!)... that was so nice!!! I am getting sooo many comments... I love it!!! :D

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 06-17-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susie_Bee (Post 3895535)
Day 7 of Phase 3 for me and I feel a bit better today. Yesterday, I still felt pretty lousy (headache and stomach pain all day). I haven't had any peanut butter in two days. Today, I had toast (Smart bread), srambled eggs, 1 breakfast sausage link and some watermelon (breakfast buffet at the off-site meeting). I also had a coffee with Stevia and a touch of milk.

I am having so much fun shopping for my new body! This is going to be too expensive... Yikes! I can't believe how I look in certain clothes that I could not even consider wearing before.

Today, I am wearing a new outfit that I bought yesterday to wear for the off-site meeting (a black pencil skirt with a short sleeved white blazer with a big black patent belt on it, a black cami underneath and black high-heeled shoes). An older lady on the street, a complete stranger, said to me, while waiting at a traffic light: "Madame, vous êtes chic!" (Translation: Ma'am, you look very chic!)... that was so nice!!! I am getting sooo many comments... I love it!!! :D

I am glad you are beginning to feel better. What a great compliment. That outfit sounds HOT!

Susie_Bee 06-17-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST (Post 3895619)
I am glad you are beginning to feel better. What a great compliment. That outfit sounds HOT!

I'll see if I can get DH to take a picture when I get home (he actually finishes work before I do today!).

ETA ("edited to add"): See for yourself (my new Avatar - sorry about the eyes being half opened/half closed but you get the idea)!

Also, I got compliments on my appearance from our First Executive Vice President, CFO and COO (one person with a really big title that means: "2nd in command")! :D

blueandwhite 06-17-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susie_Bee (Post 3895906)
I'll see if I can get DH to take a picture when I get home (he actually finishes work before I do today!).

ETA ("edited to add"): See for yourself (my new Avatar - sorry about the eyes being half opened/half closed but you get the idea)!

Also, I got compliments on my appearance from our First Executive Vice President, CFO and COO (one person with a really big title that means: "2nd in command")! :D

Love your new photo - you look fab (& tres chic!)

You also look really happy! :hug:

Susie_Bee 06-18-2011 06:13 AM

For those who stopped exercising while doing IP, I was wondering when you started exercising again?

I am startng my 2nd week of phase III today and I am looking forward to exercising again (would love to work out with my Wii Fit this morning) but I appear to still be losing weight and I just don't want to mess with a good thing!

darbs7 06-18-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susie_Bee (Post 3896544)
For those who stopped exercising while doing IP, I was wondering when you started exercising again?

I am startng my 2nd week of phase III today and I am looking forward to exercising again (would love to work out with my Wii Fit this morning) but I appear to still be losing weight and I just don't want to mess with a good thing!

You are totally rocking the outfit...go girl...and exercise...BRING IT ON...I have been walking between 4-7 miles a day (lower on the days I had jogging intervals) plus my weight training with the trainer.

I only did 9 days of phase 3 and I started phase 4 today...with a cheat day...tomorrow...phase 2.

Momto2cs 06-18-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susie_Bee (Post 3896544)

Start exercising again if you want. You look great! I exercised the whole time. I'm now into a nice small bikini and live it!

locks 06-21-2011 10:03 AM

Wow, this thread was on the second page lol....well day two of phase lll....love the big breakfast. Did anyone notice a change in their bathroom trips? I had bacon yesterday, and had to go many many times. It was like taking exlax lol...Tricky at work trying to clean teeth and feel my tummy doing flip flops and cramps.

Today had ham instead. Maybe its the strawberries. Been ages since I had fruit. Since Jan really. I hope today goes smoother. I am going to be in miami in aug, dont want to be looking for toilettes while on south beach lol

Lucky Chick 06-21-2011 12:38 PM

Hi Guys! I have been reading now and then but haven't had a lot of time to post. We went camping this past weekend and I had quite the cheat weekend, but in reality the worst part was all the WINE I drank. The food wasn't too horrible. Overall I'd say I'm up a pound, but it is also TOM, so I think I'm back to a rounding error.

I hope everyone is doing well. We're finally getting some nice weather for the first day of summer. Took long enough. I'm going to drag the family out for a walk after our sushi dinner tonight. Yee haw.

Susie_Bee 06-21-2011 02:40 PM

WWYD?

I have been invited to have cocktails (and probably snacks) in the Executive Boardroom with the big bosses on Thursday, which is just 2 days before the end of phase III for me.

Should I try to stay OP or just consider myself on phase IV, enjoy, and do a phase I day on Friday if needed? Friday is a provincial holiday here but my husband is working, so I will be home with my kids and stressed if they don't behave themselves!