Old 11-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 158/143/143 BF%= 28.6/23.9/25

Height: 5"7'

I've heard some of you talking about emails from your coach. All I have is the email address to send in IP orders...

When I call they are always helpful on the phone. I have no issues with that.

Honestly I think it's the coach. This is going to sound crazy but I'm sure she does not think I need to be there. When I mentioned my starting weight and my height her attitude immediate changed. See - her goal weight (that she has met, BTW) is my starting weight. So we both weighed the same. So she mentioned numerous times from then on about how I don't have much to lose, etc... Plus she tried to tell me my goal was too impossible. I tried to tell her that this is not my normal, my goal IS possible and then when she measured my waist at 34 she seemed very surprised that I used to be a 28. It's like she didn't get it/didn't believe me. And then again when she called Friday and I was asking what to do about hunger she said I should be eating more since I don't have a lot to lose.

I'm the one paying for this! I feel like she shouldn't have that air about her with me. It was disheartening... I actually hoping she is not there today and I can talk to someone else.

There I go again - yap, yap, yap

I'm avoiding schoolwork, can you tell?!
RN2b4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #107  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
My coach never contacted me, except to confirm appointments. Oh, and she emailed me once when I asked for a copy of the weekly meal planner she handed out with the first week.

It's part of the reason I decided to go rogue on alternatives - I was not getting much from her outside of her scale and measuring tape.
Interesting...

I've already bought EAP pre-made drinks. I'm going to have one a day to replace IP stuff. But I don't want them to catch on just yet
Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #108  
Started IP 5/9/12

S/C/G: 258/198/165

Height: 5'7"

I've had two coaches. Neither one has ever contacted me unless I initiated the conversation by leaving a voice mail or sending an email. If there are IP or WF products I want, I email the night before my weigh-in, but never get confirmation. I'm almost completely on alternatives so will probably leave my coach at the end of the year.
Onyxmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN2b4me View Post
I've heard some of you talking about emails from your coach. All I have is the email address to send in IP orders...

When I call they are always helpful on the phone. I have no issues with that.

Honestly I think it's the coach. This is going to sound crazy but I'm sure she does not think I need to be there. When I mentioned my starting weight and my height her attitude immediate changed. See - her goal weight (that she has met, BTW) is my starting weight. So we both weighed the same. So she mentioned numerous times from then on about how I don't have much to lose, etc... Plus she tried to tell me my goal was too impossible. I tried to tell her that this is not my normal, my goal IS possible and then when she measured my waist at 34 she seemed very surprised that I used to be a 28. It's like she didn't get it/didn't believe me. And then again when she called Friday and I was asking what to do about hunger she said I should be eating more since I don't have a lot to lose.

I'm the one paying for this! I feel like she shouldn't have that air about her with me. It was disheartening... I actually hoping she is not there today and I can talk to someone else.

There I go again - yap, yap, yap

I'm avoiding schoolwork, can you tell?!
Wow, sounds like you need a new coach. I never got a call or email. I had my scheduled appt times and he spent about 5 minutes with me. He had no answers to my questions. I ditched him and went rogue after the first 50 pounds. There is huge variation in coaches and I am sorry you are having a tough one. Keep coming back here for your support! good luck
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 282 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Interesting...

I've already bought EAP pre-made drinks. I'm going to have one a day to replace IP stuff. But I don't want them to catch on just yet
I ran into my coach at the gym this weekend. I'm glad my EAS shake was in my car. I've been replacing non-restricted items with these for the past 2 weeks with no negative impact on my progress.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #111  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Just want to present the other viewpoint: I have a wonderful coach. I've met with her once a week since I began IP in June. I can't remember if she called me that first week, but she probably did. We have a half-hour meeting every week, talk about the week, the coming week, and anything else that comes up. I never feel rushed, except occasionally on a busy day. But I'm fine with that. She's a wonderful coach, very caring and sincere. She's had some great suggestions for me and my busy life. I wish she could clone herself for all those on IP.

We visit, then weigh, then visit some more, then I choose my food, pay, and leave. Usually takes a half hour, sometimes more, sometimes less if one of us is very rushed that day.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #112  
Joined IP 6/11/12

S/C/G: 260/170/175

Height: 5'8"

My coach never contacted me, and would answer emails sporadically and with very brief answers. No contac at all in the first week. In fact, my first visit was not with my "coach", but with one of her employees, who was clearly not as knowledgeable. I sent an email complaining and telling the clinic coach and owner that I went with her clinic based on the recommendation for her, and while nothing was said, I did see her for the next 3 or weigh ins, then relegated back to the other lady. In her defense, I needed an early monday AM weigh in because of work and travel schedules, so that could be why. Just recently, she started sending the daily "your coach" videos, and I do enjoy those, but it is a canned program.

At the end of the day, I went there for food, weigh-in, and measurements (I had to ask for more than chest and waist).

They knew the program basics, but I read Dr. Trahn's book and read everything I could on the 3FC IP forum and I quickly became more knowledgeable than they were (thanks to all my peeps here!!!).
I go to maintenance in a week and a half, and I'll switch to alternatives and won't go back. I also don't recommend her as a coach if somone needs any kind of help and motivation. I was very focused and motivated, like many of you, so it worked out for me.

However we get success, it's still success, and OUR choice!!!!
Have a great Thanksgiving!!!
Ken
ChileheadKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #113  

I hope you all know how much I appreciate all of you and your feedback/input. I feel like this week has been such a challenge physically and emotionally and I'll I've talked about is negative stuff. I promise that is not my normal!! I'll be very glad to get this weigh-in over and this first week behind me!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 282 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
I hope you all know how much I appreciate all of you and your feedback/input. I feel like this week has been such a challenge physically and emotionally and I'll I've talked about is negative stuff. I promise that is not my normal!! I'll be very glad to get this weigh-in over and this first week behind me!

The first week is rough for most people, both physically and emotionally. Once you get adjusted it will be smooth sailing. Welcome to the community!
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #115  

My coach said she would contact me the first week but didn't.
She always responds if I contact her.

She has a FB page & I wish she'd use it like some of the other clinics I see. It could be REALLY informative (even if she delegated it to an employee)

I don't feel rushed, she is very calm and even-keeled and I NEVER get the guilt-feeling I've heard about from others on 3fc-IP (thank goodness! That would send me away quicker than anything!)

I'd love weekly emails (newsletter-type), updates on how folks are doing, recipes, etc. The videos look interesting & I'd like to see them, but not if I would be charged more. I may suggest this - and offer to help (for payment in product!)

I've talked to my coach about having group meetings where we could share cooking ideas, exchange outsized clothes, and get ideas from each other. She liked the idea and we're going to schedule it in January. I think we have to let people know what we want/need if we aren't getting our needs met. If, after communicating our needs changes aren't made, then we make our decisions based on that.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #116  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Interesting thread! I love my coach. She's never called me, but I didn't know that was part of the program, so I wasn't expecting it. We have 15-min appointments to review the week, weigh in, and grab food for the next week. She always reviews my meal plan and makes comments, asks if I have questions, and I never feel rushed.

That being said, I am plotting my escape . I'm almost at the end of Week 7 and I have food for Week 8, then an appointment on the 29th, and I've decided after that I'm going to move to alternatives and a little more real food. IP has been a fabulous tool for me, but it's too big of a strain on my budget to justify continuing. I'm confident that I can take what I've learned and keep working toward my goal - With the help of everyone here!
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #117  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

"Honestly I think it's the coach. This is going to sound crazy but I'm sure she does not think I need to be there. When I mentioned my starting weight and my height her attitude immediate changed. See - her goal weight (that she has met, BTW) is my starting weight. So we both weighed the same. So she mentioned numerous times from then on about how I don't have much to lose, etc... Plus she tried to tell me my goal was too impossible. I tried to tell her that this is not my normal, my goal IS possible and then when she measured my waist at 34 she seemed very surprised that I used to be a 28. It's like she didn't get it/didn't believe me. And then again when she called Friday and I was asking what to do about hunger she said I should be eating more since I don't have a lot to lose."

This irritates me! I think your goal weight is your business, and she's there to provide a service and (hopefully) some expertise and insight. She's not there to judge whether your goal is worthy or not. She's right that the less you have to lose, the slower it will come off, but I'm guessing you already knew that and are prepared to not have the 10-lb-a-week losses that heavier people experience.

Being overweight is a very personal experience, and even those of us with less to lose have a lot of the same feelings about our weight as those who have 100 pounds to lose.
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #118  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

You will feel really great after the first weigh in! It's all the motivation you will need.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #119  
Started IP 10/17/2012

S/C/G: 148/127.5/125

Height: 5'4"

The coaches at the clinic I work at are very good at taking calls when people have questions, helping during their fifteen minute appointments, and giving the courtesy calls during week one. I think beyond that it only makes sense for us to call them when trouble or questions arise. I can only imagine how much extra time they would need to do extra calling on top of that. My point being that your coach can be as good of a resource as you make them. That being said it definitely sounds like there are some duds out there. I have people co

nstantly asking why I would choose to be on a diet because I wasn't "fat" but it's my health, my goals. I get uncomfortable having people judge me for not wanting that extra fat on my stomach and thighs.
healthyequalshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyequalshappy View Post
I have people constantly asking why I would choose to be on a diet because I wasn't "fat" but it's my health, my goals. I get uncomfortable having people judge me for not wanting that extra fat on my stomach and thighs.
THANK. YOU. I'm so glad I'm not alone in this. I needed a lifestyle change because I was headed in the wrong direction. I feel like I keep being told I don't need to do anything about my weight when I'm only trying to be pro-active!