Old 01-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #46  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Hey gals and guys, I'm on the fly here but I just had to share two things with you all!

1. IF you workout, (controversial topic, but much needed info) and suddenly start to feel very sleepy and start yawning, STOP and DRINK a protein shake! This means you're burning muscle, including possibly heart muscle!

2. NSV!!!!! Went shopping for fun, and started in the Women's section with my "normal" size (24, 2X-3X), went down to a 22, then 20, then HAD to move to the misses sizes to get an 18! It fit perfectly. Three and a half weeks on IP, one with a pound gain (thank you TOM), and I'm down THREE sizes! Yes. I cried in the dressing room, as usual, but this time because I was so happy!

Will catch up with the rest of you all later, just had to share!
Congrats on your NSV Jolie!! Your posts always make me smile/laugh.
Josephine216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Hey gals and guys, I'm on the fly here but I just had to share two things with you all!

1. IF you workout, (controversial topic, but much needed info) and suddenly start to feel very sleepy and start yawning, STOP and DRINK a protein shake! This means you're burning muscle, including possibly heart muscle!

2. NSV!!!!! Went shopping for fun, and started in the Women's section with my "normal" size (24, 2X-3X), went down to a 22, then 20, then HAD to move to the misses sizes to get an 18! It fit perfectly. Three and a half weeks on IP, one with a pound gain (thank you TOM), and I'm down THREE sizes! Yes. I cried in the dressing room, as usual, but this time because I was so happy!

Will catch up with the rest of you all later, just had to share!
Way to go on dropping the sizes...excellent job...
I'm so excited about being out of the large women's stores...it was so great when I went in and they told me I was to little to buy my clothes there...thats was so funny to hear...but now I am in 14 teens and have to get some clothes soon...I don't have a lot to wear right now..
but I'm also not going to get much because if I wait I will be down down down some more...

JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:21 PM   #48  
Sallycat88

S/C/G: 170.2/136.4/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Sounds fun..I have a new Bollywood tape and a yoga tape i'm going to give a try...today I think it will be Bollywood...

I need to try yoga....what is Bollywood? Also saw an ad for Zumba today...looks super fun! I may need to order, but I do love taebo. Have been doing it since 1999 Billy really motivates me.
Spiffsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Ouch!!! What was I thinking Bollywood...my body doesn't bend and roll that way...looks like I'm going to need to keep looking...
I might start out with Dancing with the Grannies...they might kick my butt too..
JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
Mmmm, stuffed mushrooms sound wonderful! Do you like ribs? My coach sends out a newsletter with recipes and tips, etc. and this week there was a recipe for Maple Glazed ribs, usingthe WF Maple Syrup. That's what I'm having! Oh yeah, and a Greek salad and broccoli. Most excited about the ribs, though
the ribs sound good can you post the recipe? Thanks
dodomommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnamaj View Post
You start out using an Ideal Protein packet as the basis of 3 of your 4 meals each day. You eat a low-carb, low-fat “regular” dinner. You follow this until you have reached 70-80% of your weight loss goal.

Breakfast – Start your day with an Ideal Protein Shake first thing in the morning or an Ideal Protein Omelet, take your vitamins and you may have coffee if you desire.
Lunch – Prepare an Ideal Protein Shake and eat a large salad. 2 cups approved raw vegetables.
Snack – Drink another Ideal Protein Shake.
Dinner - Eat a regular dinner which will include a meat, cook vegetables and a salad.

I got this from http://idealweightacadiana.com! My IP REP didn't mention anything about eating my lunch veggies raw???
as you have already heard several times measure raw then eat raw or cooked. I also agree that going from dinner to the next morning is too long without food. I have my last protein an hour before bed. It really helps. I started doing it when I hit a stall in my weight loss. It gave me the bump I needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I just wanted to wish everyone a beautiful and successful Saturday! I won't be online today. I will check in late at night or on Sunday and see how things are.

Today I am attending my uncle's funeral service. He lived a wonderful 90 years and died very quietly in his sleep. It will be nice to see my cousins but, not nice to say goodbye to such a wonderful man.

I am approaching the end day 5 week one. So far so good! The scale is down 5.5 pounds YEAH!! I am happy. I weigh again on Monday so, fingers crossed I can get another pound or two.

Tonight I went shopping. It was nice to buy a dress and find it in a medium. I was far to used to being a XXL or 18/20. Tonight I was an 8/10! That is great considering after my initial IP weight loss I reached that size in July of this year! I did gain weight when I went on my break from Phase 1.. about 12 pounds and I did go up a bit in inches.. not much and inch or inch plus in a few areas. I am still in the same sizes though! That was a nice reassurance. I am hoping to lose about 30 pounds and be a size 6 by the end of March!

Well, here's to a great weekend everyone!!
I also want to say sorry for your loss. 90 is a good long life but that does make it any easier to say good bye.
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #52  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Hi....

It's me the lurker again with another quick question. LOL.

As many hours as I've spent here just reading almost everything
I can about IP, and all of you sharing your wonderful insight (thank
you by the way)

So I've been trying to find a thread that covers life after phase 4, I'm trying
to remember if I've even seen one. Can somewhere share that info if anyone knows about it.

TIA

Hope everyone is having a happy IP night.

Showgirl, thoughts to you during this trying time, with the lost of your uncle. Bless his ♥.

Last edited by Coloradodivegirl; 01-22-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Coloradodivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #53  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Went to my weigh in today and lost 5.8 pounds in two weeks (last week I was out of town). I am so very happy about that, especially since life has been stressful since mid-December.

Last weekend we went snowshoeing in Breckenridge and there would have been no way I could have done that last winter. It makes me so happy to be active again! I have 11 more pounds to go but am considering moving it back 10 pounds, which would make it about 21 to go before I can start phase 2.

NSV: I had three different people who said "you are really losing a lot of weight" this week.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Last edited by tcswain; 01-22-2011 at 09:47 PM.
tcswain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #54  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Very cool TCSwain!!!

Congrats to ya!
Coloradodivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #55  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

I just bought my first bikini and I wanted you guys to be the first to know about it! I've had my eye on a Body by Victoria one from VS since I started the program and I went to their website today to see if they still had it and it was on clearance! So, I guesstimated what size I will be when I'm actually wearing it. :-)

I was needing to get a suit soon anyway - I'm going with my husband to Portland for business the last week that I am off after surgery and needed to find bottoms at least on the assumption that the hotel will have a hot tub! I can guarantee that the tankini I was wearing last year will be tooooooo big!
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
So I've been trying to find a thread that covers life after phase 4, I'm trying to remember if I've even seen one.
Phase 4 is guidelines for a healthy way of eating for the rest of your life. So you could say there is no life after phase 4, unless you believe in an afterlife.

Phase 4 is described in detail in two consecutive posts in the Phases "sticky" thread and as an attachment to this post.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:27 PM   #57  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Went to my weigh in today and lost 5.8 pounds in two weeks (last week I was out of town). I am so very happy about that, especially since life has been stressful since mid-December.

Last weekend we went snowshoeing in Breckenridge and there would have been no way I could have done that last winter. It makes me so happy to be active again! I have 11 more pounds to go but am considering moving it back 10 pounds, which would make it about 21 to go before I can start phase 2.

NSV: I had three different people who said "you are really losing a lot of weight" this week.

Have a great weekend everybody!
Congrats keep up the great work.
couts71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:37 PM   #58  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
the ribs sound good can you post the recipe? Thanks
You bet! I'll post it here and then in the recipes thread too.

1 rack of Pork side ribs
Sea Salt
Pepper

Glaze:
1/2 cup of WF Maple Syrup
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp chili powder
3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar

Pre-heat oven to 325 C. Sprinkle ribs with salt & pepper, place on cookie sheet and cover with tinfoil. Bake for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, saute onion for 4-5 minutes in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add remainder of ingredients and simmer on low for 20 minutes (or more) to thicken.

Remove tinfoil, brush glaze onto ribs and recover then bake for at least another 45 minutes, turning and brushing on more glaze 3-4 times.

These turned out very good - I hope you enjoy! I had a friend over for supper, and she said that everything was delicious (we had Greek salad and broccoli as well). A complete IP meal
Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:38 PM   #59  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I just bought my first bikini and I wanted you guys to be the first to know about it! I've had my eye on a Body by Victoria one from VS since I started the program and I went to their website today to see if they still had it and it was on clearance! So, I guesstimated what size I will be when I'm actually wearing it. :-)

I was needing to get a suit soon anyway - I'm going with my husband to Portland for business the last week that I am off after surgery and needed to find bottoms at least on the assumption that the hotel will have a hot tub! I can guarantee that the tankini I was wearing last year will be tooooooo big!
Good for you Mrs Diettrich!!
Josephine216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:43 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post

I love your new picture!
Medicmom734 is offline   Reply With Quote