3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat January 22 & 23, 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/223238-ip-weekend-chat-january-22-23-2011-a.html)

showgirlaz 01-22-2011 02:49 AM

IP Weekend Chat January 22 & 23, 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Here is a link back to yesterday's conversation:

daily chat Jan. 21, 2011

showgirlaz 01-22-2011 03:01 AM

I just wanted to wish everyone a beautiful and successful Saturday! I won't be online today. I will check in late at night or on Sunday and see how things are.

Today I am attending my uncle's funeral service. He lived a wonderful 90 years and died very quietly in his sleep. It will be nice to see my cousins but, not nice to say goodbye to such a wonderful man.

I am approaching the end day 5 week one. So far so good! The scale is down 5.5 pounds :) YEAH!! I am happy. I weigh again on Monday so, fingers crossed I can get another pound or two.

Tonight I went shopping. It was nice to buy a dress and find it in a medium. I was far to used to being a XXL or 18/20. Tonight I was an 8/10! :) That is great considering after my initial IP weight loss I reached that size in July of this year! I did gain weight when I went on my break from Phase 1.. about 12 pounds and I did go up a bit in inches.. not much and inch or inch plus in a few areas. I am still in the same sizes though! That was a nice reassurance. I am hoping to lose about 30 pounds and be a size 6 by the end of March!

Well, here's to a great weekend everyone!!

Adnamaj 01-22-2011 04:54 AM

Veggie ?

You start out using an Ideal Protein packet as the basis of 3 of your 4 meals each day. You eat a low-carb, low-fat “regular” dinner. You follow this until you have reached 70-80% of your weight loss goal.

Breakfast – Start your day with an Ideal Protein Shake first thing in the morning or an Ideal Protein Omelet, take your vitamins and you may have coffee if you desire.
Lunch – Prepare an Ideal Protein Shake and eat a large salad. 2 cups approved raw vegetables.
Snack – Drink another Ideal Protein Shake.
Dinner - Eat a regular dinner which will include a meat, cook vegetables and a salad.

I got this from http://idealweightacadiana.com! My IP REP didn't mention anything about eating my lunch veggies raw???:?:

Pinky 01-22-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adnamaj (Post 3668516)
You start out using an Ideal Protein packet as the basis of 3 of your 4 meals each day. You eat a low-carb, low-fat “regular” dinner. You follow this until you have reached 70-80% of your weight loss goal.

Breakfast – Start your day with an Ideal Protein Shake first thing in the morning or an Ideal Protein Omelet, take your vitamins and you may have coffee if you desire.
Lunch – Prepare an Ideal Protein Shake and eat a large salad. 2 cups approved raw vegetables.
Dinner - Eat a regular dinner which will include a meat, cook vegetables and a salad.

I got this from http://idealweightacadiana.com! My IP REP didn't mention anything about eating my lunch veggies raw???:?:

Hi Adnamaj - I know that we can have our veggies raw, but don't believe that is a requirement. My coach says to measure 2 cups of raw veggies, but they can be eaten raw or cooked. I'm not sure if this is something that varies from coach to coach.

tle1103 01-22-2011 09:54 AM

Good morning IP friends from cold WV. It was -1 this morning, but the sun is shining and it is suppose to warm up to a high of 22!
I have been to the gym and had my drink for the morning. I plan on having a wonderful day!

I wish all of you a blessed IP day!
:hug:

rox824 01-22-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3668494)

Today I am attending my uncle's funeral service. He lived a wonderful 90 years and died very quietly in his sleep. It will be nice to see my cousins but, not nice to say goodbye to such a wonderful man.

Carla, so sorry to hear of your loss. Funerals are not a fun way to have a family reunion. But, at 90, he has left you with many good memories so you all can reminisce and celebrate his life.

Congrats on the new size. Doesn't it feel great! :carrot:

machbasy 01-22-2011 10:10 AM

kjw83 asked this yesterday:

"Just wondering--if I don`t get all of my protein in and all of my veggies, just once in awhile, does it make a huge difference?? I was at a supper tonite and took all of my food, but no one else had 2nds and so I didn`t want to be a pig and eat the rest of my food while no one else was eating! I couldn`t get it all on the plate at once. So does not eating it all stall you or what happens?"

I don't eat the 4 cups of veggies every single day, and my weight loss hasn't stalled because of it. The Big C happens instead. It's not pleasant, so I don't make it a habit of skimping on the veggies. The veggies also help me from feeling hungry.

chjsmom 01-22-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83
Just wondering--if I don`t get all of my protein in and all of my veggies, just once in awhile, does it make a huge difference?? I was at a supper tonite and took all of my food, but no one else had 2nds and so I didn`t want to be a pig and eat the rest of my food while no one else was eating! I couldn`t get it all on the plate at once. So does not eating it all stall you or what happens?

I think Carla is right, because I didn't get in all my veggies and lettuce this week. I was up 0.8 lb from last week. Could be the Big C, too!

machbasy 01-22-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adnamaj (Post 3668516)

This is the clinic I go to. The reference to "raw" veggies is for measuring. The coaches there never said anything about having to eat veggies raw. Steamed, grilled, sauteed....it's all OK except for onions. Those have to be eaten raw or cooked only a little.

Maggiemagu 01-22-2011 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=showgirlaz;3668494]I just wanted to wish everyone a beautiful and successful Saturday! I won't be online today. I will check in late at night or on Sunday and see how things are.

Sorry for the lose of your Uncle, hope all goes well for you this weekend and that after visiting with all your relatives you come home with more fond memories of your Uncle to remember forever.

Congratualations on your 8-10 dress size. Thats great!!!!!

Hollmark 01-22-2011 11:07 AM

Good morning everyone!
It is a balmy -41 here today!! BRR! I had my second WI last night, I am down another 6.4 lbs and 3.5 inches...that is a total of 12.6 lbs in 2 weeks. YAY for me and congrats to everyone else that is shrinking with me!

YankeeFan14040 01-22-2011 11:11 AM

Just weighed in this morning after completing my first week on Ideal Protein. I lost -6.8lbs, -0.9% Bodyfat, -1 BMI. I had a chance this morning to scroll though the recipes threads. Thank you so much for all of the info. This is what will keep me from falling off the horse and to stick to the program. Hoping to get in some snowmobiling today up here in Buffalo. Have a great weekend everyone.

CBG 01-22-2011 11:18 AM

Happy IP weekend everyone. Wishing you all a very successful 'on' protocol weekend. Heading off to Costco to see if they have any more of the silicone steam cases. Great for veggies, chicken and fish in either the microwave or regular oven. It's my new favourite IP tool. I need to pick up another one for myself, one for work and one for my sister! Have to pick up some premier shakes and fresh veggies and I'll be set for the week. Love their sliced mini portabello mushrooms too.

Vanessa333 01-22-2011 11:20 AM

Wow..

Hey Yankeefan14040,

Great job on the weight loss!! and that's just the beginning! Be strong, I really do think this diet is easy (depends of the days..) and it's really worth it for your health!

So have a nice week-end !!:carrot::carrot:

For my part I never found an other diet that work as well as this one those.. and with all the support of this forum and my coach!! (even though she doesn't know half of what you guys know about this diet!!)

Enjoy your day.. here in Montréal it's -15 Celsius..!! But.. a beautiful sun outside!!

Rach can do it 01-22-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 (Post 3668888)
Just weighed in this morning after completing my first week on Ideal Protein. I lost -6.8lbs, -0.9% Bodyfat, -1 BMI. I had a chance this morning to scroll though the recipes threads. Thank you so much for all of the info. This is what will keep me from falling off the horse and to stick to the program. Hoping to get in some snowmobiling today up here in Buffalo. Have a great weekend everyone.

That's awesome! Keep up the great work!:carrot: