Old 01-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 181/162/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Hello everyone. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I did my 2nd dinner out on IP and last night was Sushi! I stuck with the sashimi and steamed veggies and it was a great meal. Off to the mall later today with a friend and she wants to go to Legal Seafood. I have been checking out their menu trying to figure what I can eat. I am sure I will be ok.

I went to Whole Foods yesterday to do some IP veggie/meat/seafood shopping and came across the Real Salt brand that was given to me by my coach. For a 2 oz container I got from him at 2.99 a bottle I ended up purchasing the 9 oz bottle for 3.99. Hey saving a couple of dollars here and there is cool to me. So now I know where to get my sea salt from. I also found a version of an IP shaker while I was there. Same shaped bottle and metal ball just a different logo on the bottle. Picked up one as an extra spare.

Would love to know what other people buy for the IP plan at Whole Foods besides their meats, seafood, and veggies.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.
I also live in Morris County and have been able to find Real Salt at Kings and Stop & Shop. Just thought I'd let you know, in case you don't happen to be shopping at Whole Foods when you find that you need it.
jartiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #77  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Hello everyone. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I did my 2nd dinner out on IP and last night was Sushi! I stuck with the sashimi and steamed veggies and it was a great meal. Off to the mall later today with a friend and she wants to go to Legal Seafood. I have been checking out their menu trying to figure what I can eat. I am sure I will be ok.

I went to Whole Foods yesterday to do some IP veggie/meat/seafood shopping and came across the Real Salt brand that was given to me by my coach. For a 2 oz container I got from him at 2.99 a bottle I ended up purchasing the 9 oz bottle for 3.99. Hey saving a couple of dollars here and there is cool to me. So now I know where to get my sea salt from. I also found a version of an IP shaker while I was there. Same shaped bottle and metal ball just a different logo on the bottle. Picked up one as an extra spare.

Would love to know what other people buy for the IP plan at Whole Foods besides their meats, seafood, and veggies.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.
I get the organic tamari (soy sauce there), organic rice vinegar (0/0/0), flavored stevia, coconut, peppermint and orange extract (in the baking section), spry gum ( I know this is controversial so ask your coach), metro mint water (kind of fun), Bubbies Sauerkraut and Dill Pickles, Miracle noodles, Greek Olive Oil (whole foods- 365 brand), hot sauce, dried porcini and morel mushrooms, anchovy paste, canned sardines, capers, preserved lemons (for Moroccan cooking), mustard, teas (decaf chai, white tea, Moroccan mint etc), Braggs apple cider vinegar (I also get Braggs amino acid in a spray bottle - it is good in salad dressing - I only use a little and on pan seared chicken -- but a little goes aloooooong way), and occasionally I buy smoked mussels (they don't have them all the time) -- these are just some of the food things I like and get at Whole Foods - I love the seafood and meat guys at my whole foods - they happily answer all my questions and always tell me what is fresh. The fish guys always let me smell the fish before I buy it which I appreciate --Good luck and happy shopping
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #78  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

2. NSV!!!!! Went shopping for fun, and started in the Women's section with my "normal" size (24, 2X-3X), went down to a 22, then 20, then HAD to move to the misses sizes to get an 18! It fit perfectly. Three and a half weeks on IP, one with a pound gain (thank you TOM), and I'm down THREE sizes! Yes. I cried in the dressing room, as usual, but this time because I was so happy!

Will catch up with the rest of you all later, just had to share![/QUOTE]

Congrats on the NSV!! What an awesome feeling! I haven't attempted shopping yet but I am going to have to soon.
Rach can do it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
YankeeFanCheck out the nutritional value on the back of a dry shaker style container of Parmesian cheese!
Kraft:Per 2 tsp. 20 cal 0 carb 0 sugar
but I bet if you searched you could find one with less calories, I read labels ALOT!

I love Parmesian cheese and was wondering if I could use it on phase I. From your answer sounds like we can.

I like to Pound chicken until its thin, spray chicken with a little EVOO, and use parm cheese and other spices to coat the chicken. Cook under the broiler or very hot oven and it coats like a breading and tastes fantastic!!!

Last edited by Maggiemagu; 01-23-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Maggiemagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning peeps!

I think I may attempt some clothes shopping today. It is so weird how sizes vary so much by style and store. I am still wearing some 18 pants to work, though they really do have baggy butt. I've been washing to try to shrink them, but they stretch out again pretty quick . I also have size 16 pants and jeans that fit nicely but are getting looser by the day.
I certainly haven't even attempted a size 12 much less 10. Yet I read here some of you getting into these sizes at approx my height and weight.
I need to buy a couple of things to tide me over the next month or so. But I can't wait to do some serious shopping for work clothes. I was happy to find out that we now have a Laura store here in Victoria. You gals in eastern Canada would probably be familiar with this chain. I LOVE their clothes. I used to shop at Laura II (big girls) stores in Ontario.
In about 3 weeks I'll be shopping for some summer stuff for Mexico, including a new swim suit - exciting stuff .
Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #81  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. It's -29C here (-20F).

I came back from going out of town last week and I did OK for my first time. I had brought my sea salt and lemon juice but never thought to bring packets of splenda and EVOO. I was at a conference where they only had other stuff with aspartane. Ah well, I'll remember next time. Overall for food, I did OK. I'm glad to be home thought and to be able to cook for myself (never thougth I'd say that). I di gain 2 pounds but that's minor and could be due to the change in food.

Here's to getting back on track (lifting my glass of water with lemon)
Josephine216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #82  

Good Sunday Morning everyone,

Woke up this morning and the scale is down another pound...Wee Who!!

I wanted to share how I make my IP drinks and pudding. I use my magic bullet to mix them. I use the correct amount of very cold water or sometimes a tad less and a few pieces of crushed ice (not to much) add packet and blend. It's thick, creamy and yummey!! I save my Puddings for an evening snack, It's such a wonderful treat.

I like to add cinnamon and nutmeg to the Van pudding and can't wait to get some of the diffarent extracts everyone is talking about.

Have a wonderful day everyone......WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #83  

[QUOTE=kaarin;3670327]Good morning peeps!

I think I may attempt some clothes shopping today. It is so weird how sizes vary so much by style and store. I am still wearing some 18 pants to work, though they really do have baggy butt.

Congratulations on needing smaller sizes!!! Have fun shopping.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
You bet! I'll post it here and then in the recipes thread too.

1 rack of Pork side ribs
Sea Salt
Pepper

Glaze:
1/2 cup of WF Maple Syrup
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp chili powder
3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar

Pre-heat oven to 325 C. Sprinkle ribs with salt & pepper, place on cookie sheet and cover with tinfoil. Bake for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, saute onion for 4-5 minutes in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add remainder of ingredients and simmer on low for 20 minutes (or more) to thicken.

Remove tinfoil, brush glaze onto ribs and recover then bake for at least another 45 minutes, turning and brushing on more glaze 3-4 times.

These turned out very good - I hope you enjoy! I had a friend over for supper, and she said that everything was delicious (we had Greek salad and broccoli as well). A complete IP meal
Thanks for the recipe!! I can't wait to try it
dodomommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #85  

Default Are we allowed ribs in Phase 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
Thanks for the recipe!! I can't wait to try it
On my Phase 1 sheet the only ribs that are mentioned are veal which personally I have never seen but looked up and have much less fat in them than pork ribs. Are we allowed pork ribs? On my sheet it only says pork tenderloin. Just wondering...
fedup907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #86  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedup907 View Post
On my Phase 1 sheet the only ribs that are mentioned are veal which personally I have never seen but looked up and have much less fat in them than pork ribs. Are we allowed pork ribs? On my sheet it only says pork tenderloin. Just wondering...
Maybe this is a coach specific thing? The recipe came from my IP coach, so for me I'm going to take it as an approved protein. Check with your coach to see what she/he allows, just to be safe
Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Thanks for your help, Svelting.

So once your completely off IP, you just eat as you do on phase 4?

While I was grocery shopping yesterday, I found myself looking at a lot of labels. Hubby was like... what are you doing? My response, I'm researching and learning!

Also, I was on a webpage last night, showing the carb contents of most veggies and a lot of different food, I found that very interesting. I know I can't post links here, but it had said that a tomato had 7 grams of carbs, and some of the IP veggies that must be consumed have more then that, so why are tomatos forbidden on Phase 1 & phase 2? (I think)
You're welcome. If IP is the express lanes of weight/fat loss, I'm in the collector lanes now. I'm not doing IP Phase 4. Although I buy into IP's philosophy of resting the pancreas and probably the entire endocrine system, I'm skeptical about the idea of "resetting" it.

Through doing IP I discovered that grains really don't agree with me; in fact, they seem to have been the source of any fart I ever produced. I've barely passed gas since starting on IP in early July 2010. Here are the maintenance/"collector lane"guidelines that are working for me:
- enough protein, approx. 1/2 g per lb body weight, (I'll drop this once I'm down to goal)
- 20 - 30 carbs per meal from starchy veggies (tubers, root veggies, squashes)
- healthy fats from nuts, animal products--preferably pastured; avoiding seed oils with high omega-6 content
- grains, grain flours, sugars and legumes for special occasions only and NEVER on their own.

about the vegetables
I've never been able to figure out the rationale for what makes a vegetable "select", "occasional" or "not permitted." The ratings seemed capricious and arbitrary to me. I never looked at the sugars content of the veggies; that might explain the lists. My advice to anyone starting the program is to work with what's on the list, try at least one new veggie a week and see what you new foods you discover that you like.

In fact, with Phase 1, just do it exactly as it is written. If you get hungry, have an extra unrestricted IP packet or 2, have more lettuce. You don't really know if Phase 1 works for you unless you actually follow it. Know what I mean? You'll quickly discover what personalization of the program you need to suit your goals and life. Then you make small adjustments and monitor how they affect you.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 264.5/183/165

Height: 5ft3

For those of you lovely IP ladies whose rings are too big, I just read in a People Style Watch Magazine that there is a product called Luc-Co's clear glue that can re-size your ring in minutes and is supposed to last for months. Haven't tried it personally, but am thinking it may be a temporary fix until I hit goal. Thought I would share!
Mammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 214/184.6/160

Height: 5'8 1/2"

Thumbs up

Whoo Hooo had my WI on Friday down 13.8 lbs and 12 inches in 3 weeks. I am feeling really good this week---I am amazed how easy it is to stick to this eating plan! My favorite food is cooked rhubarb with splenda --cooled and served on the IP vanilla pudding ---yummmmm! I sure have learned alot from this website---THANK YOU!!!!
GetHealthyShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #90  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Three and a half weeks on IP, one with a pound gain (thank you TOM), and I'm down THREE sizes! Yes. I cried in the dressing room, as usual, but this time because I was so happy!
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote