Old 01-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Friday Everyone,
It's my favorite day of the week!!! It's another cold -39 and blustery day here in southeastern Manitoba!!
I have my second WI today, I am excited!! I can't wait to see if the scale moved.
Wishing everyone a super day!!

Last edited by Hollmark; 01-21-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Hollmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
After reading on here the other day about measuring your veggies, before or after cooking, I figured out that I have been eating too much of them since August. After all this time! I've been eating two cups of cooked at meals! I emailed me coach to make sure it was precooked measurement that we go by and yes it is. One question though.....if I'm in a hurry and open a can of spinach, how much of that should I have? I usually eat the whole can which now I realize is not correct. I try not to used canned but sometimes I have limited options. I've been told fresh, frozen, then canned in that order. Some coaches say no canned.
You're still doing a fabulous job even with a little extra veggies!!! I don't think they have hindered your weight loss at all!! Keep up the great job!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #48  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Quote:
Originally Posted by machbasy View Post
What I have learned doing IP for the past 4 months is that I have to live my life at the same time. So what if you slowed down your weight loss. Did you enjoy your evening with your friend? One meal with skin on the chicken will not make you gain weight. I say big deal if I lose only 2 pounds a week as opposed to 4. I will not let food get in the way of enjoying friendships. Of course, I will not intentionally sabotage myself either. I make the best of whatever situation I am in.
Well said!!! Bravo!
whosinthemirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:03 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Did my WI#3 this morning. Only down 1 lbs which is ok as I am TOM. Feeling great and still working the protocol.

foreveryoung - way to get back in the game!!

Have a great day everyone.
That's awesome....one pound closer to your goal!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #50  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Perfect!!!
Okay this may sound silly but where do I go see a private message???....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
At the top of this page, right hand corner, it should say "Welcome" and then your name. Private messages is underlined so you just click it. It won't be until tonight after supper ... lol.

ttys

I think also you have to meet the requirements of 20+ posts and a member for 20+ days. I think.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #51  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday, everyone!!

I'm 10 days in to IP and 10 lbs down. I feel immensely better, clothes fit better and I feel so accomplished that I can stick to something 100%- when it's easy and when it's hard.

I've officially attended 3 dinner parties in 10 days. Last night was the hardest for sure: several soups and chowders, breads, yummy sides and lots of desserts. I sipped my water and volunteered to keep an eye on the kiddos (9 of them under 4...insane). As we drove home my husband said he was so proud of me and I realized that I am SO PROUD of myself too!

Honestly, this is the first diet ever that I do not want to cheat. I want to work my butt off really hard for however many months it takes to lose this weight and then focus and re-incorporating more normal foods in to my life (phases 2-3-4) and then just relish being a healthy person with a new healthy lifestyle. I'm sooo excited about this summer. My mind is constantly thinking of all the fun and active things we can do!

We booked a trip to Vegas for my 30th b.day in September. I plan on buying a bikini for the first time in my LIFE! Woo hoo!
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I think also you have to meet the requirements of 20+ posts and a member for 20+ days. I think.
You are right because I do not see the private message yet!!
I am not sure when I signed up but I should be seeing it soon!!!
I will still look at the paper and scan it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
At the top of this page, right hand corner, it should say "Welcome" and then your name. Private messages is underlined so you just click it. It won't be until tonight after supper ... lol.

ttys
CutieEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
YAY everyone is in such a good mood today! This is helping me cause there is a PILE of assorted candies that I LOVE LOVE LOVE and of course they are right on the fileing cabinet that i see anytime i get up from my cubicle. Having a hard time today doing the out of focus thing that i do to keep them a bit more distant from my reality. GOING TO STAY STONG!!! saw my scale at home go down 1.5 for this week this morning so that really helps. I ended up skipping 2 c up veggies with dinner cause i wasn't feeling like i could keep my carb count low enough if i had them. Think i will be adding a lot more fresh spinach to my salads now and prob celery too. i have been eatin a lot of frozen spinach that i measure out but like was stated earlier with the canned spinach...i am probably eating too much AND a lot higher carb count than i thought.
I had fish last night thanks to all the suggestions yesterday. and i actually enjoyed it!!!! spicyness definitely hides the fishy flavor. so thank you everyone for those suggestions.
Going to a friends for dinner tonight. she is making brisket. i have STRESSED no sugar no carbs so i am hoping that things will turn out just right for me to enjoy dinner with friends. I told her worse case let me know and i can just eat before which is totally fine. I will bring a packet too just incase there are other temptations there. That way I can have my evening snack if i need to.

HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!
I haven't been eating all my veggies either, I am getting bored with my options and I really dislike preparing them!! I need to focus on eating more veggies!!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #54  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
You did not do much damage at all (perhaps it is not ideal but...)- even with the skin attached, very little of the fat is reabsorbed back into the chicken meat as it cooks. You probably had a nice juicy chicken breast that had the texture and flavor benefit of cooking in its skin without the harmful fats. What I know of food and cooking - you should be just fine (unless you ate the skin or used the fat pan drippings in a sauce)
Whew!! Thanks so much!! Did not eat any skin (yuck! never have liked the skin!) and no drippings.
DinobowerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #55  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by machbasy View Post
What I have learned doing IP for the past 4 months is that I have to live my life at the same time. So what if you slowed down your weight loss. Did you enjoy your evening with your friend? One meal with skin on the chicken will not make you gain weight. I say big deal if I lose only 2 pounds a week as opposed to 4. I will not let food get in the way of enjoying friendships. Of course, I will not intentionally sabotage myself either. I make the best of whatever situation I am in.
You are so right. I just want this diet to work. I have tried hundreds of thousands of diets and none worked. Crossing my fingers this time!!
DinobowerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
So I have adjusted my ticker for my holiday goal, and am gonna hang out on Phase 2 for another little bit. I do have to make a trip into the city next week and am staying at the inlaws, and she always feels the need to feed me, so it could be difficult, but I will manage, knowing that I am heading to being off for a bit, and then returning to LOSE IT ALL before summer! I can't wait.
To be honest, its results like this that make you wonder if you could stay on protocol during a tropical vacation!
I would never do that to myself OR my travel partners, as I don't want to. I want to try local food, I want to drink a beer on the beach, I want to do all those things, just saying that these results make you wonder if they are worth it? LOL!

Have a super duper IP day!!!!
CONGRATS !!!!! I totally get what you mean re: the tropics and staying on plan.... I am leaving on the 29th for DR.......and WILL have rum and diet coke.... and maybe a pina colada or two....... as they are full of sugar, i will keep those less for sure...but I dont think we will have a prob for protein...chkn, shrimp etc...... should be ok
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
Happy Friday Everyone,
It's my favorite day of the week!!! It's another cold -39 and blustery day here in southeastern Manitoba!!
I have my second WI today, I am excited!! I can't wait to see if the scale moved.
Wishing everyone a super day!!
GOOD LUCK!!!! looking forward to hearing how well you have done!!!!!
amber2beme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #58  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Hello, it's me again dropping down from the rafters.

I'm curious, is there anyone here from the Denver/Lakewood
area?

The gal that has turned me on to IP is seeing a coach in Centennial and she really really likes her, but my closest IP coach is in Arvada. I just can't see driving to Centennial for weights in and to purchase product.. AGH!

Hope everyone is having a great Friday... **doing the happy Friday dance**
Coloradodivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #59  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
To my utter disbelief WI #2 resulted in an additional 4 pounds lost which puts me at a total of 14 pounds lost in 2 weeks -- I made my coach weigh me twice just to make sure --what this proves to me is that that unfortunately my body cannot do carbs (fortunately I found this out now) - although I am not diabetic I am 100% convinced, given how I respond to a low carb diet vs a normal to high carb diet, that I would have become one in the future - I celebrate my weight loss and my new found knowledge - the knowledge part is empowering the weight loss just makes me feel good - Hopefully next week I will be in ONEDERLAND (haven't been there in at least 3 years)

Thinking happy IP thoughts for all of you!!!!!
Fourteen pounds in two weeks is fantastic! You really have found something that works well for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdixie View Post
I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am new to the post and read daily to find tips and new recipes. This is my second time on IP but first time posting. It's great to hear eveyone's thoughts about the diet and comforting to know that there are people going through the same struggles.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

I agree! It is one of the reasons I found and love the forum. Sometimes, you just need people doing what you're doing to relate too. Glad you have found us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
So I have adjusted my ticker for my holiday goal, and am gonna hang out on Phase 2 for another little bit. I do have to make a trip into the city next week and am staying at the inlaws, and she always feels the need to feed me, so it could be difficult, but I will manage, knowing that I am heading to being off for a bit, and then returning to LOSE IT ALL before summer! I can't wait.
To be honest, its results like this that make you wonder if you could stay on protocol during a tropical vacation!
I would never do that to myself OR my travel partners, as I don't want to. I want to try local food, I want to drink a beer on the beach, I want to do all those things, just saying that these results make you wonder if they are worth it? LOL!

Have a super duper IP day!!!!
Family trips are hard! Does she make anything or things you like that are good for IP? Maybe ask her ahead of time to make your "favorite"? I understand about wondering. It is like you finally have your momentum back and you just want to keep going! You'll be fine. The vacation may even be a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
Good morning all and HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Today is day 7 form me and my scale says im down 9 lbs, I couldn't be happier or more motivated to reach my goal.

Hope everyone has a great day.

That is a stellar week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
This weekend will be the first time away from home while on the program. We're staying a a hotel (babysitting my niece and nephew) we do it every year, swim in the pool eat at the restaurants etc. I've read all the post for travelling while on IP so I think i'll be okay, just a little nervous.
There are so many go tips in the traveling sticky thread. I am sure of got great ideas! Calling the hotel ahead to make arrangements for a fridge is also very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMe View Post
Inspired by all your successes! Way to go! Keep writing.

I'm on 12th day of IP and have lost 10 pounds at my last weigh in.
I am using the LiveStrong website to record my food, workouts and blog. It's laid out nicely. Anyone using another cool website for that?

I emailed my first weigh in to my clinic, IHP in Plano, TX, but have not received a response. What kind of coaching or response should I expect from the Nurse Practitioner or the Nurse? I thought I would get an email back that acknowledged that they received it.

My clinic is 2 hours away and I will be going again on Monday to weigh in and get more IP products.

I've wondered if others are doing a weekly weigh in only, like me.

This weekend I plan to get some extra sleep. I've been getting about 6 1/2 hours, but I think 7-8 is much better for me. I also plan to have a dance party for one in my living room just for fun. Looking to gather up my favorite dance music to copy to a cd for workouts. Let me know what you are doing to have fun!

Best regards,
Belinda

You are sure off to a great start! I think it is really smart to use something like livestrong. I used it and I kept a journal. Some people here use the fitday program. In the past others kept track on sparkpeople.

Nice to have you with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
So days 1,2,and 3 were going great until I went to dinner at my friends house last night. I informed her before I went that I was doing IP and was on a strict low carb diet. She said no problem, (she herself just started Weight Watchers on Tuesday) I will just make grilled chicken breasts and a salad. I thought great!! That will work. I got there and she had a fabulous salad set up with all the veggies in separate bowls so I could pick what I could eat on the lettuce, so cauliflower, broccoli and celery went on my lettuce. Didn't think to bring my own salad dressing and even her light ones had a minimum of 11 carbs, so I just ate it without dressing. She understood that and all was well. Then because it was so cold outside she decided to bake the chicken instead of grill it. Ok not a problem right?....Until she pulled it out of the oven, she seasoned them with thyme and I am sure a salt of some kind, they had the bones and the skin on the breasts. I panicked inside. Not wanting to hurt my best friend's feelings and knowing she had tried to do the best for me, I ate the breast, but not the skin. Did I just mess up what I had done for the past 3 days??
NO! You are just fine. My paperwork never said skin off and I was allowed prime rib which is very fatty. Taking the skin off was a great fix (espcially since you don't like it) and you are still on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Happy Friday, everyone!!

I'm 10 days in to IP and 10 lbs down. I feel immensely better, clothes fit better and I feel so accomplished that I can stick to something 100%- when it's easy and when it's hard.

I've officially attended 3 dinner parties in 10 days. Last night was the hardest for sure: several soups and chowders, breads, yummy sides and lots of desserts. I sipped my water and volunteered to keep an eye on the kiddos (9 of them under 4...insane). As we drove home my husband said he was so proud of me and I realized that I am SO PROUD of myself too!

Honestly, this is the first diet ever that I do not want to cheat. I want to work my butt off really hard for however many months it takes to lose this weight and then focus and re-incorporating more normal foods in to my life (phases 2-3-4) and then just relish being a healthy person with a new healthy lifestyle. I'm sooo excited about this summer. My mind is constantly thinking of all the fun and active things we can do!

We booked a trip to Vegas for my 30th b.day in September. I plan on buying a bikini for the first time in my LIFE! Woo hoo!

10 pounds really does make a difference doesn't it!!

I am also thinking "what a clever gal!" You came up with a great way to be very occupied and away from food! I am sure you will be at your goal well before your birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
I haven't been eating all my veggies either, I am getting bored with my options and I really dislike preparing them!! I need to focus on eating more veggies!!
I went through a phase like that. I actually got to a point I was tired of cooking every meal. I started making a big bowl of lettuce and a smaller bowl of mixed chopped veggies. I would just grab some from each, toss it and make my salads. It was faster.

I also roasted a large pan or two of veggies, then I would just re heat them.

Then, I prechopped and measured bags 2 cup mixed (or of one type):
broccoli, cauliflower, mushroom,
celery, snow pea, red pepper, onion,
asparagus,
bracollini, mushroom, onion,
bracolli rabe, rapini, mixed greens (dandelion/turnip/kale/mustard/collard/beet),
fresh spinach, red pepper, mushroom, onion
zucchini/yellow summer squash
cabbage, celery, onion, turnip, orange pepper
green beans
shelled edamame, black soy beans, mushroom, celery, bean sprout, snow pea
bok choy, mushroom, onion

(any mixture that sounds appealing to you is good)

Then I could just reach in and grab a bag or 2 and make what I wanted in a steamer or saute. Not thinking about it for every meal, of every day was helpful.

I also would grill a bunch of veggies when I made chicken or meat and use those for a few days.

I also made use of pickled asparagus, pickled okra, pickled celery, pickled mushroom, or pickles. They were a nice change to munch on or have in salads.

I would roast radishes and asparagus too. That was a nice new thing.

I did grilled or broiled romaine and cabbage. I could season it with a bit of oil, sea salt, pepper and it was YUM. And, it was warm.

I made sauted cucumbers with dill. Also cucumber, tomato, onion salad with a Herbs/vinegar/oil/splenda type dressing.

If you haven't tried the turnip fries or rutabaga fries, they are worth doing for most people. The same goes for the kale. Others like zucchini chips.

I also made a pot of mixed vegetable soup. I would get my large stock pot out, put in my homemade chicken broth or low sodium broth and water. Then I added any mix of veggies including onion, tomatoes, garlic, celery, greens, summer squashes, zucchini, etc. I made sure I knew how many cups of veggies went in and figured each portion as 1c cup. If I wanted a cup it was 1 portion. If I wanted a bowl it was 2 portions. I then could have a meal with soup, salad, meat and vegetables. It was interesting and filling on days I was feeling more hungry.

I hope you find what works for you!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 01-21-2011 at 03:35 PM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Hello, it's me again dropping down from the rafters.

I'm curious, is there anyone here from the Denver/Lakewood
area?

The gal that has turned me on to IP is seeing a coach in Centennial and she really really likes her, but my closest IP coach is in Arvada. I just can't see driving to Centennial for weights in and to purchase product.. AGH!

Hope everyone is having a great Friday... **doing the happy Friday dance**
I'm in Denver!!!! My gal is a chiropractor off of grant and 10th...so just outside of downtown. That's a bit closer than centennial. I will tell you though...she is from N.Y. so she can be kinda gruff but i think it's just a N.Y. thing lol (no offense!!!) BUT the 2 gals that are receptionists are both experienced with it and more talkative...one is going to start again and the other is prego so she is on a break. I do tend to go on and on and ask lots and lots though so maybe it's me
amber2beme is offline   Reply With Quote