Old 01-22-2011, 12:28 AM   #136  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

..."Kevin, you can find tons of recipes at Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #2. The variety is amazing! Good luck with your IP journey. You will never regret it!"....

Thank you so much for the info! ?: Because it has a #2, does that mean it's for Phase II or is it just an additional recipe thread?
YankeeFan14040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:37 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
..."Kevin, you can find tons of recipes at Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #2. The variety is amazing! Good luck with your IP journey. You will never regret it!"....

Thank you so much for the info! ?: Because it has a #2, does that mean it's for Phase II or is it just an additional recipe thread?
most of them are phase I but read the ingredients carefully to make sure or make phase I substitutes.
you are not the only make on this site there a few other. couts71 and douger come to mind and there are a few others. the guys just have to skip some of the posts sometimes when we women get to chatting. haha
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:05 AM   #138  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Hello all. I just joined this site and started Ideal Protein last week. Tomorrow marks the start of a new week. I have been looking for help with cooking regarding this program and what lies ahead once I reach my goal. Not sure how many other men are here besides me, but I found it rather difficult to find info to keep from eating the same old stuff. I'll be lurking around. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Kevin
Welcome Kevin, your not the only guy on here and its great to have you this site is full of information and support. try out the recipe threads there are lots of items on there to spice up your meals.
couts71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:00 AM   #139  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

quick question - does anyone know if blending your packets in a blender with ice is bad? of course you would mix it in the shaker first, but then blend the pudding or whatever with ice. i think my coach said something about it not being ok because it changes the structure of the protein or something. anyone know any more about this?

i made a really awesome drink with vanilla pudding, wf caramel syrup and ice, and i would like to have it more often if possible!
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:44 AM   #140  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Carla, I keep remembering your story about Brownies, and I LOVE brownies (even the box kind) and so knowing that your homemade ones didn't taste good after IP, that REALLY REALLY helps me stay strong about cheating!
The brownie story! Yeah, it still bugs me that I can no longer enjoy brownies. BUT, the brownies are not alone. I used to love pizza, NOT now. I loved fresh french bread, NOPE. I was a total breads and desserts girl, now, other than Ice cream, oatmeal cookies and, fudge, I could careless! Even fries are gross now. I guess it is ok. Once I had it one more time. I knew I no longer missed anything not having it. This time, I will have so much more resolve than last (and I was pretty incredible if I do say so myself. (made 10 pounds of fudge last xmas without a taste. and that doesn't count the dozens of other goodies I made.) ANYWAY, this time, I KNOW I am missing out on NOTHING!

Trust me, give this enough real, dedicated time and those foods will be SOOO much less tempting to you. It really is a hidden benefit of staying strong now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading the posts here for about a week, am starting the program tomorrow. I've been waiting since early December to start, at my cardiologists suggestion. She's starting her first focus group tomorrow and I'm in it. Very anxious, excited, nervous, ready to start. I have Type II diabetes that I have almost completely in check through diet and exercise. I was dismayed to discover when I got my blood sugars down to almost normal that I had developed high blood pressure. I am averse to medication (other than the t4/t3 capsule I take daily for my hypo-thyroidism) so I'm going to do Ideal Protein to lose more weight, but mostly to get healthy. I have lost 41 pounds on my own, just following a fairly low carb lifestyle. But I want to weigh and feel how I did before all this weight/thyroid/diabetes/gallbladder problem started and changed my body so drastically.
All of you are incredibly inspirational - I look forward to experiencing the health, vigor and successful weight loss that you all have.
Congratulations on the great results you have had on your own!

You will be amazed at the results your body will give you if you give it a chance to result from the assault of the foods we like to eat and give it the time to rest and heal.

I have seen weight loss, improvements to cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar and, to my thyroid. Do this diet as if it were (it is) a prescription for medicine. If you do that, it seems easier and the results are incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Thanks Susan for that! I keep telling myself that "one day I can eat ____ again" and I'm hoping that I won't even like it then, and that's ok. When I ate like I did before, that's what gave me the problems in the first place.

I was told that I was doing this weight loss the quick and easy way and when I "stop" doing this that I'll gain it back and then some. My response was that it does seem like 3 mo is quick to loose 50 pounds, but every single event that has happened, halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years, Birthdays, BBQ's the list goes on, I've worked very hard to stay on protocol and it was NOT easy one bit! I don't plan on going off IP, I want a healthy life from here on out. If it were so "easy" then why doesn't everyone do it?? Yes, it does get easier, but I still have my hard days where I want to just blow it and eat off plan. I keep remembering the words, "its not worth it."
Have a great night all!!
YES! So many people say that's easy, you're just cutting stuff or calories out. I think "YOU do it!" It is easy once the diet kicks in. But, it doesn't just happen to us. We have to participate. WE have to stay committed! It isn't easy. IT IS HARD! In a society that places huge social importance on food and alcohol and, over supplies us with carbs, fats, and generally unhealthy food. It is VERY HARD at times to say, "no thank you". It is easier to bend to peer pressure, emotions, old habits, comforts, etc. It is not easy to take something we used for pleasure and enjoyment and survival and say "not gonna have that..now...and maybe never."

I have only one friend who looked at me one day and said " I admire you. I lost my 80 pounds the easy way. I worked out everyday and ate what I wanted that was healthy and balanced. What you are doing is harder and takes more discipline." I told her I thought it was "just perspective, exercise is hard for some people but, thank you for saying so because at times, for me, it is very hard to act in a way that reinforces the commitment to do this steadfastly."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
Hey everyone!! Looks like everyone had a good week! Push through the weekend!

Dumb question - what is the # of carbs we should have daily????
It depends on your coach. Some say nothing about it. Others believe 20 - 25 grams of NET carb per day. Net carbs are total carbs - fiber and - 1/2 the total of any sugar alcohols.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnamaj View Post
I Had An Extra Shake Tonight... Am I In Trouble?
NOPE!! You are just fine. If you needed it it was better than a cheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnamaj View Post
Today is day 4 for me and I'm scared that the diet is not working... I've tried so many diets in the past that it's really difficult to get over that fear. I will try my best to stick with it. This forum is a huge help... thanks guys!
It is working. Be patient. I couldn't tell my first week either. Day 6 or 7 is when I saw a bit of change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm824 View Post
I just HAD to tell someone.... I am a girl scout leader and I have been hauling 20 cases of girl scout cookies in my car for 1 week and have had no desire to even take a little nibble. That's a HUGE victory for me!!!! Woo-Hoo for will power!!!
Congratulations!! That would be tough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
Hey all,
Second weigh in and I lost 6.4 lbs and 3.5 inches!! Yay!!
You ROCK!! That is incredible!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
The last few days have been great. Excited for the weekend and Mondays weigh in. Carla, thank you for the recipe link for the elk roast. I am going to try that Sunday.

Good job everyone! Keep up the great work and have an awesome IP weekend

Sheila
Glad to hear things are going well!! This seems to be the time to do this!

I have made elk, venison and bison before. Those types of sites are really helpful. I have a marinade you can use. It does call for carrot and juniper berries but, you don't eat it so it isn't a problem.

Marinade:
• 1 medium onion
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 5 peppercorns
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 medium carrot, sliced
• 2 stalks celery, sliced
• 1 cup cider vinegar, mild
• 1 cup beef bouillon
• 12 juniper berries

• Combine all the marinade ingredients.
• 2 Boil about 5 minutes, remove
• 3 from flame and cool.
• 4 Place roast in marinade to cover.
• 5 Let stand in refrigerator overnight. Remove from marinade and place on roasting rack

You can then use the marinade to baste the meat or cook in if you are slow cooking. Again, just don't eat the carrot. The rest of the recipe should be IP friendly.

Quote:
Hello all. I just joined this site and started Ideal Protein last week. Tomorrow marks the start of a new week. I have been looking for help with cooking regarding this program and what lies ahead once I reach my goal. Not sure how many other men are here besides me, but I found it rather difficult to find info to keep from eating the same old stuff. I'll be lurking around. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Kevin

There are about 4 to 6 men who post occasionally or more during the week. Couts, Tedski, Sales God Dave, Josh (less often), Douger, and a couple more. I am sure they will appreciate another man in this group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
Just wondering--if I don`t get all of my protein in and all of my veggies, just once in awhile, does it make a huge difference?? I was at a supper tonite and took all of my food, but no one else had 2nds and so I didn`t want to be a pig and eat the rest of my food while no one else was eating! I couldn`t get it all on the plate at once. So does not eating it all stall you or what happens?
Yes and no. Once, maybe not. Regularly.... not good. I was told skipping food and meals has the same impact to the body as cheating. It is so because of what the diet tries to accomplish in terms of keeping blood sugar steady.

Do all you can to get in your food.

Quote:

Yes, there is an additional recipe thread. It is also on our sticky page.

Here is the link to the home page, book mark it to find your way around and see the most current topics first.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Here is the link to the original recipe thread. When we hit 500 posts we had to open a second thread thus, recipes 2.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-recipes.html
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:50 AM   #141  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Here is the link to the weekend chat for January 22 and 23!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3668488
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Kevin - There is a forum just for men that you might want to check out: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner-237/
rox824 is offline   Reply With Quote