3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   OOPS!!! (pt. 2) - a place to talk about cheats, off-protocol foods, no-nos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/219538-oops-pt-2-place-talk-about-cheats-off-protocol-foods-no-nos.html)

vvei 09-24-2012 08:48 PM

I have a baking side business. Usually not a problem since I don't have a sweet tooth, but my new recipe for chocolate mud cake smelled SOOOO good! So I was due for my "snack" and had the cake in a cup... Not the same, but close enough!

I'm proud of myself!

---------------
WK1: 11.5 lbs

CherieB 09-24-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthyangie (Post 4478463)
Maybe once you've seen some really good progress, you'll get some more motivation ... After my 2nd weigh in, I was full of "p!$$ and vinegar" as my Mom would say but now I'm waining. Just really push through until you get that first blast and then ride it! I agree with the going off plan - one little bit leads to more and more, which is why I think I'm going to phase out before I do that ... Wish you the best of luck getting through - it's not easy but this diet definitely will get you there fast and the right way. I'm actually still not craving carbs .. just a little wine. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move onward :)

Agree - cravings went away after 3rd week - now they are back for me because I have been cheating on and off all month. I was so in control and with all the new demands from work this month, I fell off the wagon. I need to be in control and then it will all fall into place. You won't believe how good you will feel and will want to follow suit. Thanks for the reminder as well.

beckah12 09-25-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvei (Post 4478772)
I have a baking side business. Usually not a problem since I don't have a sweet tooth, but my new recipe for chocolate mud cake smelled SOOOO good! So I was due for my "snack" and had the cake in a cup... Not the same, but close enough!

I'm proud of myself!

---------------
WK1: 11.5 lbs

I feel your pain! I have a small cookie business (hence my weight problem) and it feels like once i started IP my orders doubled. I do find myself subconsciously licking my fingers ever so often out of habit but otherwise I really have no desire to eat what I bake. Thats really what I love about this diet!

healthyangie 09-25-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Englander (Post 4478602)
I was done with P1 and HAD to move on!!! If that's where you are I agree moving on is the best idea. At my clinic you don't have to repay for anything...

When I began P4 I was 2 lbs below goal. I'm now four above. You'll learn what works and doesn't. Sounds like you know what you're doing and are making a great choice by moving on!!! When you're done you're done!!!

You can lose in P2 and P3.

Thanks for the input. I go for my WI today and I think I'm going to move on. I feel better that I still have a few weeks with PII and PIII to lose just a few more for that extra safety net ... And yeah - put a fork in me for PI - I'm done :)

cpersons 09-25-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1spunkygal (Post 4478557)
get off of the poor pitiful me kick....get your mind into it and get it done!....after 71 weeks of doing this without wavering, its all about HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT????....IF you are tired of being the biggest in the office or the biggest at a function then do something about it. I was TIRED of it all, I have gotten it DONE and continue to get MORE done!...I WANT IT AND WANT IT BAD.....sure I see all of the things I miss BUT I also KNOW that is what got me where I WAS and I AM NOT GOING BACK THERE.....its all about the choices we make....turn that PO'ed energy into some POSITIVE stuff and you will be AMAZED at what you can accomplish!

Dam wuv I needed that if she didn't THANK's ....LMAO ! I need a kick in the rear every now & then !

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-bl...5/135/201/.png

Thank you ladies. I was having a pity party moment.

cpersons 09-25-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthyangie (Post 4478463)
Maybe once you've seen some really good progress, you'll get some more motivation ... After my 2nd weigh in, I was full of "p!$$ and vinegar" as my Mom would say but now I'm waining. Just really push through until you get that first blast and then ride it! I agree with the going off plan - one little bit leads to more and more, which is why I think I'm going to phase out before I do that ... Wish you the best of luck getting through - it's not easy but this diet definitely will get you there fast and the right way. I'm actually still not craving carbs .. just a little wine. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move onward :)

Thanks Healthyangie.

p.s. I miss my wine too;)

healthyangie 09-25-2012 01:01 PM

Well my little wine this weekend really hurt my WI! I went from losing 3.6 lbs the previous week to only .6 lbs this week. So now I see the result of those few wines. We did a scan and I guess I'm also fighting an infection and have inflammation so maybe that's why I'm so hungry and my will power was low. I just feel like crap! Either way - I still lost 2 whole inches!! And I'm off the PII starting tomorrow. SO I NEED encouragement (not lectures!) to get me through PII and PIII without the wine! I'm on the last leg .... I can't blow it now!

crysweetie 10-05-2012 03:55 PM

I Failed! Appetizer Potluck at work today, I brought in my own food (roasted veggies), and a dip for everyone else. We all sat around the table, and I started with the protein and veggies, then down the slippery slope. I had cheese dip with bread and crackers, cream cheese rolls, wings, bacon in maple glaze (i didn't know about the glaze part until I popped it in my mouth)...

I feel so guilty right now, although I'm also proud that I stopped myself in town. Old me = might as well eat more since I already screwed up. And currently downing my 13th cup of water. I'm skipping my restricted, but should i pass on dinner or anything to 'minimize' the damage?

healthyangie 10-05-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crysweetie (Post 4489503)
I Failed! Appetizer Potluck at work today, I brought in my own food (roasted veggies), and a dip for everyone else. We all sat around the table, and I started with the protein and veggies, then down the slippery slope. I had cheese dip with bread and crackers, cream cheese rolls, wings, bacon in maple glaze (i didn't know about the glaze part until I popped it in my mouth)...

I feel so guilty right now, although I'm also proud that I stopped myself in town. Old me = might as well eat more since I already screwed up. And currently downing my 13th cup of water. I'm skipping my restricted, but should i pass on dinner or anything to 'minimize' the damage?

What's done is done ... forget it and move on. Next time, bring zuc chips or something ...

NoirStories 10-07-2012 12:24 AM

I was super stressed at work today and ate some of the fried food we serve! I had a few cheese sticks, some toasted ravioli, a few bites of chicken strips, and then a serving of slaw!

Ugh, I'm so mad at myself! I'm going to boot camp for the rest of the week and hopefully it doesn't completely blow my weigh-in on Wednesday

IP43 10-07-2012 02:55 AM

I'm needing an "attitude adjustment" too-- been a tough week and I had a few things I dont' normally have. Fortunately for me, the scale went up and I feel sick and gross so both those things have given me avisual AND physical kick in my own @$$. Tomorrow is another day and I'm going to pretend it's "day one" and get back on track. I feel "done" with IP but when I see how quickly I reverted to old habits this week, and how quickly that scale went up... I think I need to regroup and focus a bit longer. Wish me luck.

mommyskinny 10-07-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich (Post 3737661)
What I find to be the hardest is stopping once I've started. It's like, I've already screwed up, why not keep going? In the last couple of weeks, I've made the mistake of bringing in bad things (Cadbury mini eggs, I'm looking at you!) and I was allowing myself 2 a day. But even just having 2, I found myself wanting more. I couldn't bring myself to throw them away (and waste perfectly good yummy chocolate that is only available this time of year?), so I tucked them under all the meat and veggies in my freezer. It's easier for me when I can't see them, because I forget they are even there. I know they will be waiting for me when all of this is over.

ME TOO!!!!!! That is exactly MY problem!!!

szzanni86 10-07-2012 02:04 PM

We are all human and make mistakes. It is difficult to do this protocol to begin with, never-mind trying to stick to it when others around you continue their own bad eating habits. I am so sick of being embarrassed and self conscious that i have no choice but to stick to plan. The chronic neck and back problems are one of the reasons i cannot waiver also. If i can do this being a lover of all foods bad for you, so can you. I guess what i am trying to say is think of the long term benefits and how you are going to feel and the new found confidence you will have when you have hit your goal. We as humans all make mistakes, we feel guilt because we know we have wavered. Accept that, forgive yourself, lift your head up and attack life and your goals head on!

MonicaKolesnik 10-07-2012 02:17 PM

I have never cheated deliberately, but I have almost made mistakes ( like cooking with wine thinking it cooks off the alcohol but forgetting about the sugar. I fed the food to my husband and started over) I find it is the small things that get to be an issue at times when trying to cook new meals and I am marinating or flavoring, my husband and I cook a lot together and I want him to enjoy the one meal a day we share so this is where I struggle sometimes ( also with not having a drink with him during the meal) but I have not once cheated. We are paying to much money for this program for one and I don't want to extend phase 1, when if I don't cheat I will reach my goals faster and get back to a more normal life sooner. Saying all that I feel everyone's pain. We are human and life changes are hard. The good thing is WE ARE ALL HERE FOR EACH OTHER OP OR NOT :hug:

healthyangie 10-11-2012 04:02 PM

Last night my boy was eating dark chocolate M & M's and just to mess with him, I walked by and grabbed 2 and put them in my mouth before he could get to me. Then he just stopped and looked at me like "What are you doing! You can't eat that!" Oops - Son of B!tch!!!! Duh!

Tasted good though :D