3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   OOPS!!! (pt. 2) - a place to talk about cheats, off-protocol foods, no-nos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/219538-oops-pt-2-place-talk-about-cheats-off-protocol-foods-no-nos.html)

healthyangie 09-24-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1spunkygal (Post 4478143)
Then you should probably have it 1 day a week. I know many others will not agree with me but you can only be good for so long...right ?:devil:

God I feel like such a wimp!!! But yeah - I think that you can only deprive yourself for so long. :devil: I think the smart thing for me to do is phase off and them come back to it if I want to. I'm about the size I want to be so I might be good .. I just need to be responsible with phasing off or I'm assuming I'm gain a considerable amount back right away.

LOL - that's why I didn't post in the daily chat and I posted here ... I know a lot of people don't agree with me!

glomor 09-24-2012 12:34 PM

My main "cheat" has been wine with dinner a couple of times a month. Early in the program I avoided it, but at some point I started slipping it back in. I usually have one or two glasses. I suppose I would have lost weight even faster if I'd avoided it altogether, but I continue to have what I feel is acceptable progress. About the only other "cheat" would be eating salads when I'm out. I always bring my own dressing and don't eat croutons, but occasionally the salad will come with some items that are not permitted--shredded carrots, or olives, or pecans, etc.If I wanted to be really legal, I suppose I could be more nit-picky when I place my order but I don't want to annoy the chef! :chef: And again, I haven't noticed a significant difference in weight loss. So far so good.

healthyangie 09-24-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glomor (Post 4478207)
My main "cheat" has been wine with dinner a couple of times a month. Early in the program I avoided it, but at some point I started slipping it back in. I usually have one or two glasses. I suppose I would have lost weight even faster if I'd avoided it altogether, but I continue to have what I feel is acceptable progress. About the only other "cheat" would be eating salads when I'm out. I always bring my own dressing and don't eat croutons, but occasionally the salad will come with some items that are not permitted--shredded carrots, or olives, or pecans, etc.If I wanted to be really legal, I suppose I could be more nit-picky when I place my order but I don't want to annoy the chef! :chef: And again, I haven't noticed a significant difference in weight loss. So far so good.

Ok - well then I don't feel like I've totally derailed myself! I only 2 glasses - but I did it 2 nights in a row :( And I understand the carrots on the salad - I tried that once and they laughed at me! Salads as a cheat - strange sounding!

cpersons 09-24-2012 02:30 PM

Newbie Day 13 Bitter party of 1

So I have found myself wavering off and on since starting this program. It started at the grocery store my first week.

Some background is that I never had a weight problem until 11 years ago. I had a bout of bad depression and gained almost 100 pounds. I have spent the last 11 years trying to convince myself I could lose this weight.

I have tried every diet out there and usually falter by the 2nd week. So last week at the grocery I found myself p.o. at all the skinney women with their carts full of all the things I like to eat/drink. And eating out, same thing, their plates are full of the foods I love. Why can they eat/drink whatever they want and be so dang skinny. I feel like I am surrounded. Bitter party of 1...that's me.

This past weekend was my freshman's sons parents weekend at his college. It was blazing hot...felt like we were tailgaiting on the edge of ****. So I had a beer (first sip of alcohol since starting) followed by 2 more that evening. That lead to a little taste of this or that. I did notice however, I did not feel so good that evening and next day so maybe that is a good thing.

I am so tired of being the heaviest person at the office, at my sons schools, etc yet still waiver....I am afraid if I waiver off plan that will lead to a landslide but how long can you continue to eat so restrictively.

I want to believe what the blogs say about resetting your system, no food cravings, etc....I guess I am just scared of failing and cheating again.

wuv2bloved 09-24-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpersons (Post 4478410)
So I have found myself wavering off and on since starting this program. It started at the grocery store my first week.

Some background is that I never had a weight problem until 11 years ago. I had a bout of bad depression and gained almost 100 pounds. I have spent the last 11 years trying to convince myself I could lose this weight.

I have tried every diet out there and usually falter by the 2nd week. So last week at the grocery I found myself p.o. at all the skinney women with their carts full of all the things I like to eat/drink. And eating out, same thing, their plates are full of the foods I love. Why can they eat/drink whatever they want and be so dang skinny. I feel like I am surrounded. Bitter party of 1...that's me.

This past weekend was my freshman's sons parents weekend at his college. It was blazing hot...felt like we were tailgaiting on the edge of ****. So I had a beer (first sip of alcohol since starting) followed by 2 more that evening. That lead to a little taste of this or that. I did notice however, I did not feel so good that evening and next day so maybe that is a good thing.

I am so tired of being the heaviest person at the office, at my sons schools, etc yet still waiver....I am afraid if I waiver off plan that will lead to a landslide but how long can you continue to eat so restrictively.

I want to believe what the blogs say about resetting your system, no food cravings, etc....I guess I am just scared of failing and cheating again.

TOUCH LOVE....get off of the poor pitiful me kick....get your mind into it and get it done!....after 71 weeks of doing this without wavering, its all about HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT????....IF you are tired of being the biggest in the office or the biggest at a function then do something about it. I was TIRED of it all, I have gotten it DONE and continue to get MORE done!...I WANT IT AND WANT IT BAD.....sure I see all of the things I miss BUT I also KNOW that is what got me where I WAS and I AM NOT GOING BACK THERE.....its all about the choices we make....turn that PO'ed energy into some POSITIVE stuff and you will be AMAZED at what you can accomplish!

healthyangie 09-24-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpersons (Post 4478410)

Maybe once you've seen some really good progress, you'll get some more motivation ... After my 2nd weigh in, I was full of "p!$$ and vinegar" as my Mom would say but now I'm waining. Just really push through until you get that first blast and then ride it! I agree with the going off plan - one little bit leads to more and more, which is why I think I'm going to phase out before I do that ... Wish you the best of luck getting through - it's not easy but this diet definitely will get you there fast and the right way. I'm actually still not craving carbs .. just a little wine. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move onward :)

clh99002 09-24-2012 03:59 PM

Over the weekend I had the WORST cramps and bad mood due to TOM. There was no advil in my house. I turned to 2 diet coke and Jack Daniels to relax my muscles. They tasted gross but did the trick. Not really worth it in the end. I had my WI that morning so we will see if it slowed my weight loss this coming Saturday.

healthyangie 09-24-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clh99002 (Post 4478519)
Over the weekend I had the WORST cramps and bad mood due to TOM. There was no advil in my house. I turned to 2 diet coke and Jack Daniels to relax my muscles. They tasted gross but did the trick. Not really worth it in the end. I had my WI that morning so we will see if it slowed my weight loss this coming Saturday.

Cramps trumph everything .. even a diet :(

clh99002 09-24-2012 04:24 PM

i read that whiskey was low carb...so i guess it is slightly better than eating an entire chocolate cake with fudge topping (which i wanted so badly) :-) In the end, a cheat is a cheat.

1spunkygal 09-24-2012 04:36 PM

get off of the poor pitiful me kick....get your mind into it and get it done!....after 71 weeks of doing this without wavering, its all about HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT????....IF you are tired of being the biggest in the office or the biggest at a function then do something about it. I was TIRED of it all, I have gotten it DONE and continue to get MORE done!...I WANT IT AND WANT IT BAD.....sure I see all of the things I miss BUT I also KNOW that is what got me where I WAS and I AM NOT GOING BACK THERE.....its all about the choices we make....turn that PO'ed energy into some POSITIVE stuff and you will be AMAZED at what you can accomplish!

Dam wuv I needed that if she didn't THANK's ....LMAO ! I need a kick in the rear every now & then !

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-bl...5/135/201/.png

healthyangie 09-24-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clh99002 (Post 4478545)
i read that whiskey was low carb...so i guess it is slightly better than eating an entire chocolate cake with fudge topping (which i wanted so badly) :-) In the end, a cheat is a cheat.

real whiskey is actually 0 carbs - but of course, the calories and how the body reacts to alcohol and all. But yeah - much better than that chocolate cake :D

New Englander 09-24-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthyangie (Post 4478127)
I was actually under my original goal last week (Tuesday) at weigh in but thought a few extra "safety" pounds would do good. But yeah - I think tomorrow at weigh in I'm moving to Phase II so I don't screw the whole thing up. I think I am mentally done with Phase I and would like to just get a bit "stronger" right now and firm things up :) I think maybe if I still want to go lower I can do that after the New Years when I'm feeling fresher about things. Does anyone know if I need to repay my consult fee to restart Phase I?

I was done with P1 and HAD to move on!!! If that's where you are I agree moving on is the best idea. At my clinic you don't have to repay for anything...

When I began P4 I was 2 lbs below goal. I'm now four above. You'll learn what works and doesn't. Sounds like you know what you're doing and are making a great choice by moving on!!! When you're done you're done!!!

You can lose in P2 and P3.

starsandrockets 09-24-2012 05:46 PM

I almost gave into the diet wild cherry pepsi today

IP43 09-24-2012 08:03 PM

I know that if I'm tempted and stick to it, I feel really proud and that has actually been a big NSV for me. It's my 'lack of self control' that got me into this problem in the first place so when I exhibit it now and make better eating choices, I know I can do it. The only thing I'm not sure about is if too much protein is a bad thing as the alternate shakes I have are double the proteing (30g) I've asked elsewhere, but I forget where and there are so many threads! LOL. Oh well, I'll continue to drink my shakes and if I start to bulk up like Schwartzennegger or something, I'll maybe go back to the IP shakes. LOL.... "I'll be baaack"

wuv2bloved 09-24-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1spunkygal (Post 4478557)
get off of the poor pitiful me kick....get your mind into it and get it done!....after 71 weeks of doing this without wavering, its all about HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT????....IF you are tired of being the biggest in the office or the biggest at a function then do something about it. I was TIRED of it all, I have gotten it DONE and continue to get MORE done!...I WANT IT AND WANT IT BAD.....sure I see all of the things I miss BUT I also KNOW that is what got me where I WAS and I AM NOT GOING BACK THERE.....its all about the choices we make....turn that PO'ed energy into some POSITIVE stuff and you will be AMAZED at what you can accomplish!

Dam wuv I needed that if she didn't THANK's ....LMAO ! I need a kick in the rear every now & then !

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-bl...5/135/201/.png

LMAO...you are welcome!!!