Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #61  
Soon To Be FitnFunky

S/C/G: 196/156/136

Height: 5' 1"

I have been on IP for 13 weeks, I have lost 40 pounds and now I am finding that I am always cold. Does anyone else experience this. I thouhgt it was just cause I lost some insulation. I can ususally add another layer and be OK, but my hands are often like ice. Any thoughts?
Old 11-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #62  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Good Sunday morning to everyone. It's a overcast, damp cold day here in Iowa. We are suppose to have a high of 22 degrees here by Thanksgiving. Brrr!

For several weeks now, I have been considering changing my goal weight. From 135 up to 145. Well, I officially did it. My deciding factor came about Thursday when I picked my daughter up from the airport. She hadn't seen me since I started this plan. For a couple of weeks, people had been telling me that I had lost enough weight. That my face was really sunken. I thought it was just people not used to seeing me thinner. My daughter took one look at me and said mom, you can't lose 20 more pounds. People will think you are sick. She is very honest with me, I'm sure that if she thought I should go to 135 she would tell me. We talked for sometime about it and decided 145 would be better for me instead of the 135. I overheard her on the phone to a friend telling them that I looked so good now. That they won't believe the change in me. What a great feeling that was for me.

At first I had that 135 number stuck in my head and had to reach it. Then, I realized, it's just a number. It's what I weighed in high school. 33 years ago! After hitting my highest weight of 207 three years ago, I said I would be happy to weigh 160 and wear a size 12. Now I'm 154 and wear a size 10. My body has changed so much and so fast on this plan. I am off all of my medications, blood pressure, cholesterol, and pre diabetes pills. When I hit my new goal of 145, and maintain it, I will rethink it. I may decide to go to a lesser weight. But for now, I have switched to the 145.

The past couple of days have been hard. My back has been giving me problems followed by two trips to the chiro. Now my muscles are hurting and I'm on otc pain meds. I've had back problems off and on for years. They started when I worked at a factory and lifted 50 pound bags for 8 hour shifts. Thank goodness I no longer do this. This weather we're having isn't helping either. Now I sound like a cry baby. Today I think I will keep active and work through the pain instead of laying around the house. I should think positive.....now I have less than 10 pounds to my new goal. Thanks for listening.

I just realized, I hit 30 pounds lost this week. What a great feeling!

Last edited by iowahawkeyemom; 11-21-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #63  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatnFunky View Post
I have been on IP for 13 weeks, I have lost 40 pounds and now I am finding that I am always cold. Does anyone else experience this. I thouhgt it was just cause I lost some insulation. I can ususally add another layer and be OK, but my hands are often like ice. Any thoughts?
Yes -- I am freezing all the time. I usually spend my evenings all wrapped up in a blanket with a fireplace and my dog. I do think this will pass as we adjust to new body weights and our blood thickens up. Here is a hug to help keep you warm
Old 11-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #64  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Yes, I have found that I am much more sensitive to the cold too. I think it's because we aren't eating much fat. I've turned up the temperature on my house, frequently wear sweaters inside and bought several of those little things you squeeze to warm your hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Good Sunday morning to everyone. It's a overcast, damp cold day here in Iowa. We are suppose to have a high of 22 degrees here by Thanksgiving. Brrr!

For several weeks now, I have been considering changing my goal weight. From 135 up to 145. Well, I officially did it. My deciding factor came about Thursday when I picked my daughter up from the airport. She hadn't seen me since I started this plan. For a couple of weeks, people had been telling me that I had lost enough weight. That my face was really sunken. I thought it was just people not used to seeing me thinner. My daughter took one look at me and said mom, you can't lose 20 more pounds. People will think you are sick. She is very honest with me, I'm sure that if she thought I should go to 135 she would tell me. We talked for sometime about it and decided 145 would be better for me instead of the 135. I overheard her on the phone to a friend telling them that I looked so good now. That they won't believe the change in me. What a great feeling that was for me.

I'm not looking forward to colder temperatures here. :-( I think your plan on re-evaluating your goal after you get there and maintain is good. I've had people make similar comments to me and I have much further to go, and I do think that sometimes it is just that they are adjusting to seeing us at a different size. I also think that it's an adjustment to learn to live in our new skin and that sometimes takes longer than we have when we lose on IP. Mixed blessing I suppose. ;-)
Old 11-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #65  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
O.K. Not sure what exactly transpired while I slept last night but I got up and the scale said I had gained 1.5 lbs! WHAT? No cheats, nothing same old routine. All I can think of is maybe my water was down yesterday. I know I should not weigh every day, and this is probably why. I've been stressed all day - I have a dinner plans out with my family. Horse show all day tomorrow and weigh in on Monday. Hopefully it wil all straighten out. This just doesn't make my day. It's not TOM either.

That is frustrating. Keep plugging away, it should all even out for your Monday WI. Good Luck!
I do weigh in regularly too ...just to keep tabs and I find that even tho I am strictly on protocol my weight tends to stay the same or go up a bit after the weekend. I have yet to figure out why it does this. Thank goodness WI isn't until Tuesday.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
I woke up this morning to find that for some completely un-knowable reason my dog got up in the middle of the night, went down into the basement, grabbed a 6-pak of chocolate RTDs and proceeded to drag them, chew them, pop them open and dribble them through all 3 floors of the house across 5 different white carpets!!!

This is a dog who is usually just barely one step above a stuffed animal. Think: hound dog from the Beverly Hillbillies!

So, by the time I got up, there was 6 pints of chocolate protein shake completely soaked into the carpet.

Have you ever TRIED to get a carpet shampoo company the Saturday before Thanksgiving? I was afraid to touch it since I have heard of people making things so much worse by trying to fix it....I called about 15 places and finally found a company that had a cancellation and could come out.

The guy arrived at 2pm and was here for 7 hours. He just kept rinsing it with more water and the Chem dry stuff (essentially hydrogen peroxide). And it all came out...every single speck. He only charged me $220. No chemical smell and the carpet is almost dry already.

Simply unbelievable from beginning to end...
Guess I'll stick to vanilla RTDs from now on!
I can't believe you are so calm about this! LOL! Good job! I love my pets, and would be furious, but would also quickly get over it! I am so glad everything came clean and you were able to get someone to come so quickly!

Quote:
Freezing, all the time! Apparently its a side affect of losing weight and it goes away when your body goes back into its normal state. For now, as I do, wear mitts indoors, use hand warmers, wash lots of dishes, and wear 2 pairs of socks! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Congrats on your loss!

Well, I am officially off protocol until after my procedure on Wednesday, and I have no regrets, other than my tummy is uncomfortable today. I went on a date last night (first one is a year or so) and had lasagna and a glass of wine. My "fluids only" 3 day fasting starts tomorrow, and I think that the reason I had had some cheats because subconsciously, this 3 day fast was on my mind, so I decided instead of try and stay on protocol and stay in ketosis while doing this, that I would have a couple of good meals, get through the procedure, and start back into it on Thursday after the procedure is over. With 3 days of fasting, its not like I am gonna gain anything anyway. And who says a good colon cleanse isn't good for the waistline! LOL!

I am pretty sure I might starve to death by Thursday, and a packet on Thursday morning will taste like heaven!!!!!

Have a great Sunday everyone, I am going to clean house today!
Old 11-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #67  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Even tho I had a planned cheat day yesterday...I didn't! Lots and lots of food and wine out but stayed totally away from all the off protocol items. Enjoyed the veggies and pickles and stuck to IP. Want to lose a bit more before the Christmas holidays and thought that the cheats weren't worth it. I really do miss the fresh fruits and a good glass or two of wine now and again.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:03 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Snowy Sunday Morning from Manitoba, Canada!!

35 days until

Inspirational thought for today: Treat yourself generously, the way you want others to treat you!"

Well it is snowing here....sure makes me want to put up my Christmas decorations!!! Maybe after I go watch my Grandson play hockey

Must tell you all a very hard lesson I learned that past couple of days: My DD & I had an open house for our home based business and of course we had coffee and Dainties there....well didn't get the leftovers back into the freezer fast enough and ate some of them!! Don't know if it was the sugar or the flour or the combination, BUT BOY WAS I SICK.....a lesson learned the very hard way!!!!! PLUS when I weighed myself this morning I had gained Now I am doubly afraid to go off IP ... I can remember the days when I had to take 10 Imodium a day and certainly don't want to have to do that again. So the moral to my story is....NO SUGAR AND FLOUR FOR ME!!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 11-21-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Default Catch-up!!

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone! I have been busy lately but still come here for inspiration regularly! I have been on IP now for three months. I have lost over 40 pounds! My blood sugar is on normal range and have gone from morbidly obese to just 'overweight'! I have had 2 NSV's this week. Two of the neighbor girls were walking past me on their way home from school. The one said to the other, "Look at Jeannie! She's skinny!" and the other one said..."That's not Jeannie..." MY other NSV was that I was shopping for new clothes - finally - and I was in a store, browsing in the women's section like I always do and the sales girl came up to me and said, "This is the women's section - you don't belong here come with me...." I did the happy dance. To all you newbies -- Stick with it! It works! Have a great Holiday!!!!
I love shopping now!! I can't remember that last time I shopped in the "regular" sizes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
Off to a craft fair today. Have lots of soaps, body butters and scrubs ready for sale.
As I will be with a lot of friends I haven't seen for some time I had long ago planned for this to be a planned cheat day. Right now I am not even tempted to stray off protocol so I figure this might be a great day both diet and friend wise.
OHHH...love craft fairs...hope you had a ball!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4life View Post
Just realized that I am down 20 pounds as of today's weigh in!!! Yippee for me!!
Way to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Well I went for my Wednesday weigh in and its all good. My life has been so super busy and crazy. I am phasing off for awhile. I need/want a change I have a bit of attention deficit disorder (not really) but I want to change things up a bit. I need to tone and tighten because I feel like a skinnier version of my fat self. So I have started a weight training program and I also use my eliptical 4-6km 5 days a week and am joining a spin class with my sister. I have a very sedintary job and thanks to IP now how the drive and motivation to get out and move. I know I will be back (at least I am pretty sure) in the new year for the final round I still want to lose at least 15 more pounds but for now the exercise is what I am craving.
Peg you have done great...your Mom is so proud of you!!! Take care and pop in once in awhile to say "Hi"!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I just got back from my 4th week WI. I'm so thrilled that I lost 3 more pounds . This has been a bad week of PMS, cravings and to top it off I just got my period last night. I was prepared for no loss due to water retention. I am an elementary school Spanish and ESL teacher and yesterday there was a feast in every classroom. However I stayed strong and did not cheat. I don't know how I survived because everything looked delicious. My next challenge is Thanksgiving at my sister's, but I plan to stay on the protocol.

I also get terrible cramps but not this time. I wonder if this diet is that awesome that even takes care of mentrual cramps!

Have a God blessed weekend!
Great WI.....Great at your school feast...There are lots of great food you can eat on Thanksgiving!!! By the way...I would love to be able to speak Spanish...we are in Yuma, AZ for 3 months every year!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
I have been reading the "onederland" thread and though I am not in that category I do feel their pain. I have been stuck at 150 for 10 days!!!
I have not been below 150 for years.
Yesterday FINALLY the scale said 149 and today 148. What is it about "milestones" that seem to jinx us? One milestone down and on to the next!! yay
the 140's WOW....way to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Just back from my second WI and I am down 4 lbs and a total of 17.2 lbs since I started IP. Wahoooo!!!!!
Great job!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
Good afternoon everyone! I had to come and share...according to my scale I have reached my first mini-goal! 50lbs before Christmas!!! Happy Dance
for reaching your first mini-goal!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post
well my bags are packed for a week long vacation in Forida and the car is ready for a 20+ hour drive. I have packed all my IP food, Walden Farms items, and a cooler full of bottled water. I thought I was totally prepared, but as I get ready to leave I realized I am very nervous about screwing up. I will miss my weigh in next week and I'm just feeling a little apprehensive that I will be out of my routine. I will check in everyday on this forum and read everyone's great successes and hopefully that will help me to stay focused.

Wish Me Luck!!!
You will do great!! Drive carefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
I just got back from doing my official weigh-in. I had an "unofficial weigh-in last week and over the past two weeks I lost 5 pounds I had two really hard weeks that had nothing to do with IP, but just made staying on the protocol a little harder. Just had to perservere through it.
Way to go...

Quote:
on losing 40 lbs!!! and yes I am always cold to...especially yesterday when our weather was really cold...minus 30 C which is 22 below F., went and bought myself some tights to wear to the Grandson's hockey game this afternoon!!
Old 11-21-2010, 01:55 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

On my own tonight for dinner, the boyfriend starts late shifts tonight so I'll be on my own for 4 more nights. I took out some ground beef for me to make anyone have any suggestions on what to do with it? I've looked through the recipe thread I must be over looking maybe?
Old 11-21-2010, 02:11 PM   #71  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

MaryKate89-- I either make "mini burgers." roll up into small balls to make burgers. Season with worchestershire, sea salt and pepper. Topped with pickles, and hot sauce for me. Or I cook it up like taco meat, same seasonings and make a taco wrap. I add in mushrooms and green peppers. Then wrap in lettuce.

Well I had a rough night. I'm home babysitting my very much younger siblings. Too many noises kept me up. So I'm exhausted. We are going over to my Oma's soon. She's made the kids chicken noodle soup. No cheating for me. She fully supports my husband and I's dieting.
I think for supper I'll make a pseudo-Chinese dish. Chicken, bean sprouts, possibly green peppers and worchestershire/soya sauce. Sounds yummy to me.
Weighed myself and down another 2lbs since my weigh-in on Thursday. Hopefully more to come for next Thursday.
Everyone is doing so well. You are all truly inspiring. Glad I found you all!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

Yumm SashaJS sounds like a great idea!! Sorry those siblings kept you up last night! Your dinner sounds so good maybe I'll make that tomorrow night! Congrats on your 2lbs! Im buying myself a digital scale tomorrow I havent weighed yet since my pre start weigh in last Thursday Im excited and super nervous to see what it says! I fought many challenges last night but I did it I made a capp drink in the middle of chick fil a while my cheer girls ate their yummy smelling fried chicken haha! Ill just live vicariously through my 15 year old cheerleaders My boyfriend ate waffles for breakfast this morning this being my first week I'm still feeling that hungry sensation so i basically wanted to hit him with his ego!! (haha) I think my lack of bread and snacks is making me violent (lol) Ive already planned out my thanksgiving my mom is making all her normals but im going to make the turnip fries i think everyone will love them!! and i can not wait for turkey!!
Old 11-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #73  

Hi all, I made it back at midnight last night from our "Polar Express Train ride." It was awesome. I packed for extra food incase we stayed the night. I only ate a pack of southwest cheese puffs on the way home for my snack because the pizza house we went to had a salad bar with plenty of stuff on plan and I brought my WF dressing. I didn't have enough salt yesterday, and probably not enough water (didn't want to stop every 12 minutes to use the restroom ) and now today I have a headache in a result of that I believe. Before I left I had a 1/2 a gallon of water, then maybe 2- 32 oz of water. Sounds like enough, but I've been used to drinking a lot more than that. I was served cookies and hot cocoa on the train, gave them to my son. At the pizza place, they ordered a REALLY good smelling and looking pizza, I just got a good wiff of it and that was ok for me. I was dissappointed after seeing the pictures that my friend took of me, I thought I was doing so good, but I have a long way (over half way) to go. That is a big motivator for me! If you think you want to cheat, have someone take a picture of you when you're sitting down from the side, and that should take care of the temptation! lol.
I had the celery root "fries" the other day, not bad at all! I will try these again.
Have a great rest of the day all!
Old 11-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Here's the best way I can describe it -- I've been on phase 4 for about a month now, and it's like before, I was cold from the inside out, and now, if my outside is cold, I feel like it's just on my skin and not my entire body. I was miserably cold all summer, I know how it feels.

It does go away once you get to phase 4, promise!
Old 11-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Hi Everyone. I just made a batch of zuchini chips, but they are not crispy. I have them sitting out to see if they get less saggy. Has anyone tried doing these chips? I heard they are good, but I'm not sure mine will trun out as they should.

Last edited by Coqui; 11-21-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Closed Thread