Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #91  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
So here is my new discovery.... I wonder if its just psychological or not. However I will go back and forth 271.. 270.. 271... then as soon as I'm in the 60's I fly down and hang out around 261 260...I'm finally in the 50's and seem to be flying down to the low 50's. At the end of the month I average 3-4lbs a week but man when the scale pauses for a bit it's a pain! LOL Oh well if this is how I lose weight at least I know it will all work out in the end. I'm thinking I'm gonna add a little extra exercise when I hit the low 50's and see if I can't just get over the hump a bit quicker this time
I have the same problem. Every milestone I end up stalling. I know it is in my head and have started avoiding the scale during "milestone" weeks in order to not worry as much about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobolexus View Post
I happen to be home sick today. BLAH!! and my little one too!!! Dont' know how well my scale will move this week with cough medicine and stomach aches added to things!!
Check out the cough meds for diabetics. Sugar-free meds will probably affect your weight less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
Quick question. Has anyone had trouble with really irregular periods? I had my period the first week I was on IP (9/21-9/28). Then two weeks later I had two days of spotting. Now, I'm essentially a week late???? My tubes are tied but I'm still freaking out because I've NEVER been late, except for my 3 kids
You are not alone. My first and 3rd months on IP I started spotting midway through my cycle and then starting a few days early. I hate it, but I understand it is the hormones getting flushed out with the fat. I can live with the irregularities knowing that eventually everything will be back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Hi gang...thought I better reintroduce myself. I am restarting IP today. I have been off since July. I absolutely love this program, and had great success with it. Initially lost 40lbs in 3 mths
Our beautiful 2yr old son drowned in July and I had a tough time staying on track since the shock has worn off. I see there are lots of new folks on here and I look forward to sharing in everyones victories along the way. I may be a little needy in the ol motivation dept for a while, but I am totally determined to finish what I had started.

It's good to be back
I don't have words to express how much I feel for you and what you've been through this year. I'm glad your back to move forward with your IP journey. And please know, you always have ears here. I'm suffering year 12 of PTSD so I understand the struggle of making sense of life after tragedy. *hugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Hey all....so I have been noticing here in the past week that I have bruises...everywhere! I know first thought is iron deficiency, but I am getting 100% of daily recommendation.....any other thoughts? My BF hit (he was teasing) me in the arm last night and I have a bruise now!!! It wasn't even a hard punch!
I had this happen around weeks 7-9. I started taking IronSorb and Antioxidants and my bruising has stopped. I also found an article on another diet site that relates to it by rhonda033:
I have noticed several of you posting questions/concerns about unexplained bruising as well as bruising easily. I may have an explanation for you. I hope this helps.

Unexplained bruising is most commonly caused by a lack of iron in the blood. We get iron mainly from red meat and very dark, leafy vegetables. Most likely we are not getting enough of either while taking Phentermine. Low iron levels are also a reason we are often tired and/or exhausted.

You can take an iron supplement (one only) each day to easily and quickly alleviate this problem. However, many women complain of constipation while on iron. Another less bothersome solution is to take a vitamin C tablet each day. Vitamin C actually helps your body absorb iron naturally from food. There are no side effects from Vitamin C and you cannot take too much. Your body eliminates what it does not use.

It's also worth mentioning that caffeine blocks the body's absorption of iron. Phen does have some caffeine in it which may explain why so many of us are having this problem. Again, Vitamin C can help combat this problem.

I STRONGLY recommend that you do take the actual iron pill during the heaviest days of your period to replenish some of what you are losing during that time. You will be surprised at how well and fast it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
EatAnts (Sheila) GREAT job on the recap! Complete and really fun.
Thank you for the inspiration with your quick witted recaps on some mornings. I always enjoyed those.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
I just had to post I can't believe it, I weigh 199.5, I have lost 70 pounds in a little bit over 3 months...3 months and 3 days to be exact! Wowzers!

I am now wearing size 12 jeans...when i weighed 150 i wore size 10 I can't believe it!

And finally, i tried celariac today. Made me some baked chips in the oven...it's okay taste a tad too much like celery...

Thanks for listening...hope everyone has a gread I.P day!
I put celariac in the crock pot with a lean pork loin and some chicken stock the celariac soaked up those flavors. It was like having potatoes!! Worth a try
Old 11-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #93  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowYellow View Post
Can someone please tell me what the restricted packets and bars are for the first two weeks?
The restricted packets are... spaghetti, chili, stew, ALL bars, oatmeal, soy chips, chocolate soy puffs, pancakes, crepes, soy nuts, cheese curls. These are always considered restricted, not just in the first 2 weeks. No more than 1 per day is advised.

So, you can have soup, shakes and puddings all the time, everything else occasionally.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #94  

S/C/G: Starting Nov1,2010-165/165/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
The restricted packets are... spaghetti, chili, stew, ALL bars, oatmeal, soy chips, chocolate soy puffs, pancakes, crepes, soy nuts, cheese curls. These are always considered restricted, not just in the first 2 weeks. No more than 1 per day is advised.

So, you can have soup, shakes and puddings all the time, everything else occasionally.
Oh! Thank you! I was under the impression from my coach that I'm not allowed any of those during the first 2 weeks. Then after that I could start incorporating them into my routine at only 1 per day. I will see if I can get some bars or puffs or curls then to help with snacks. Thanks again!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #95  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Oh! Thank you! I was under the impression from my coach that I'm not allowed any of those during the first 2 weeks. Then after that I could start incorporating them into my routine at only 1 per day. I will see if I can get some bars or puffs or curls then to help with snacks. Thanks again!
Some clinics don't allow you to have restricteds in your first two weeks to give you a jump start into ketosis. It will be something to look forward to when your 2 weeks is up!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
Some clinics don't allow you to have restricteds in your first two weeks to give you a jump start into ketosis. It will be something to look forward to when your 2 weeks is up!
So that's why she wanted me to stay off the restricted for the first 2 weeks! Thank you! I was wondering because I saw others posting thier first week meals which included the restricted packets. I will stick it out then. Looking forward to week 3!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #97  

Another inquiry: any advice on choosing a goal weight? I'm undecided between 135 and 140 as my ideal weight. I'm medium framed therefore most weight calculators suggest 140. I don't want to be really skinny. I would like to look toned when I achieve my final weight. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:48 PM   #98  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Another inquiry: any advice on choosing a goal weight? I'm undecided between 135 and 140 as my ideal weight. I'm medium framed therefore most weight calculators suggest 140. I don't want to be really skinny. I would like to look toned when I achieve my final weight. Thanks in advance for your help!
I'd rather chose the 140 and re-evaluate when I get there than to choose 135 and feel like I've failed if its unattainable. I have big bones and according to my lean mass 150 might be the best I can do. I'm shooting for 135 the lowest which is still 20lbs above the height and weight charts idea of what I should weigh. My coach continued to lose weight after reaching her goal even on phase 4.

Last edited by Figgypudding; 11-01-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
I'd rather chose the 140 and re-evaluate when I get there than to choose 135 and feel like I've failed if its unattainable. I have big bones and according to my lean mass 150 might be the best I can do. I'm shooting for 135 the lowest which is still 20lbs above the height and weight charts idea of what I should weigh. My coach continued to lose weight after reaching her goal even on phase 4.
Good point! I will change it then to 140. Last year I weighed around 140 and I was really happy with my look. I assume that once I start exercising that will help too, esp. to tone everything. I have to remember muscle weighs more than fat! Thanks! Best wishes!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #100  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I am constantly amazed.
Well, I'm not surprised. You are amazing.

Last edited by Linden; 11-02-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:12 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
I put celariac in the crock pot with a lean pork loin and some chicken stock the celariac soaked up those flavors. It was like having potatoes!! Worth a try
Wonderful idea, I'm going to do this next time I do a roast of some sort.

And wow to everyone else, what an active day...I had a great time catching up on all the posts.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:23 AM   #102  

I went to get some discounted Halloween items tonight and for the first time in a long time I saw the sexy costumes and didn't get bummed out. Instead, I bought one because next Halloween I'll be able to wear it! *hoping* It made me really excited and just had to share.

I have a question also. Would it be beneficial to make a sticky for ketosis? I think I've read through most of the threads about it, but was thinking it might be nice to have it all in one place. Thoughts?

Have a good day all!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:07 AM   #103  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
I just had to post I can't believe it, I weigh 199.5, I have lost 70 pounds in a little bit over 3 months...3 months and 3 days to be exact! Wowzers!

I am now wearing size 12 jeans...when i weighed 150 i wore size 10 I can't believe it!

And finally, i tried celariac today. Made me some baked chips in the oven...it's okay taste a tad too much like celery...

Thanks for listening...hope everyone has a gread I.P day!
I sent you and inbox...so curious about your loss and CONGRATS
Old 11-02-2010, 05:15 AM   #104  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:
Can someone please tell me what the restricted packets and bars are for the first two weeks?
there is alot of different opinions on restricted foods. I personally left them alone until the fifth week. The last few weeks I have had two per week (not sure if they are affecting loss our not) I have had days of drops and days of nothing...might just be a phase or might be the restricted foods. Good luck
Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 AM   #105  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

The new daily thread is now open.

This thread will be left open until later today. This will allow you to multi-quote posts from this thread and reply in the new thread.

Please be sure to place all new posts in the new daily thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the new daily chat thread for today.
Closed Thread