Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 05:30 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Tues. 26 Oct. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
    AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by EatAnts; 10-26-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Default Electronic Food Journal

Has anyone seen an electronic food journal for tracking our meals? I am thinking about making one following the one given by my coach.
Just curious,
tle
Old 10-26-2010, 07:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day. Tlle, I haven't seen an electronic journal-probably the closest would be the one made by weight watchers, but it is a calorie/fat/point counter. That would be a great idea! I also noticed that you are from Buckhannon-I love Buckhannon. I'm just around the cornor from you (in a round about way

I am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of where to find Dr. Chanh's book? I have checked amazon.com and it is not available, his website-but when I try to download it won't. Any other places I have missed? Thanks!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:42 AM   #4  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning all, Just read all of yesterdays post.

I don't cook differently for my family. I did in the first 2-3 weeks and then they started to ask for what I was eating. If they don't like the veggies I throw cheese on top and they disappear. If they don't like the meat, there is PB&J. I didn't seem to have a hard time cooking two meals or what they were eating for some reason I stuck to the plan.

SalesGod-AKA Saladgod Sorry you couldn't find the speedo section at Wally World, Glad to hear about the pants though!!

To all the newbies check out the posts they are informative and helped me out a lot!!

To all the oldies your wisdom is always appreciated!!

Happy Tuesday to all!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:54 AM   #5  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Has anyone seen an electronic food journal for tracking our meals? I am thinking about making one following the one given by my coach.
Just curious,
tle
When I track, I use Sparkpeople's application on my iPhone because it sinc's with my computer. So, if you don't have the application, you can just used it on the website. Not all of IP's stuff is out there, but I found a quite a bit of it entered by other users and then, I just need to check the numbers.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:00 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Not sure what you mean by electronic. If you mean web-based, here are 3 sites that will allow you to track line:
My Plate on livestrong (almost all Ideal Protein packets are already there; even 2 versions of the Wildberry Yogurt: 14 g carb vs 5 g carb; it's harder to add products though -- you have to scan a label and upload it? )
FitDay (have to add everything to create a personal list; but fairly simple)
SparkPeople (haven't used)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
I am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of where to find Dr. Chanh's book? I have checked amazon.com and it is not available, his website-but when I try to download it won't. Any other places I have missed? Thanks!
This may be embarassing, but don't be embarrassed. Look up two posts; the bottom section "Other Helpful Links" of the first post of the day has a link to the book. Click it and you'll get a dialog box asking if you want to download a pdf.

EatAnts for starting the daily threads. And Linden for starting the weekend threads for the last month or so. Even though I could do the morning work in under 60 seconds, it's been lovely not to "have to" if you know what I mean.

I came up with a fun analogy for my weight loss on IP -- Phase 1 was the "express lanes" or maybe the "autobahn" of weight loss. Over the last week, I've moved to the collector lanes -- Phase 2. I'll probably cruise along here for a while before heading for the off-ramp -- Phase 3.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-26-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:11 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #8  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

WI yesterday. Lost 6.4! I'm so excited. I've now lost 33.4 in the last 7 weeks.

I'm getting ready to go to a conference this next week in Orlando and I just hope that I do as well.

Jess
Old 10-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Not sure what you mean by electronic. If you mean web-based, here are 3 sites that will allow you to track line:
My Plate on livestrong (almost all Ideal Protein packets are already there; even 2 versions of the Wildberry Yogurt: 14 g carb vs 5 g carb; it's harder to add products though -- you have to scan a label and upload it? )
FitDay (have to add everything to create a personal list; but fairly simple)
SparkPeople (haven't used)

I came up with a fun analogy for my weight loss on IP -- Phase 1 was the "express lanes" or maybe the "autobahn" of weight loss. Over the last week, I've moved to the collector lanes -- Phase 2. I'll probably cruise along here for a while before heading for the off-ramp -- Phase 3.
Good morning!
I love the idea of an electronic or online tracker. Must check this out on my iPad. I've been terrible at writing things down in my journal, but I have such a poor memory (it's the over 50 thing) that I sometimes forget some of my calcium, or how much water I've had.

I love your analogy. We used to live in Ontario so of course I immediately thought of the 401! God I hated that road! We used to fight it almost every weekend driving from Kitchener to the family cottage up past Peterborough.
Even the express lanes didn't help much then. Now I have the laid back life of Vancouver Island and love it.

Fifth WI for me this afternoon. Here's hoping for 4+ lbs gone. Have a great IP day everyone!

Last edited by kaarin; 10-26-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 254/246/180

Height: 5'8

Hey guys,

Had my initial consultation yesterday and got my starter pack. She weighed me and took all my measurements. I had DH take pictures over the weekend. I also cut way back on my carbs over the weekend and replaced one meal with an EAS shake. I'm hoping that will make my first week a little easier.

Since I hadn't eaten anything but a lf string cheese, my coach let me start the program yesterday instead of today. So far I've tried the chocolate pudding (made as a shake), the pina colada drink and the cappucino drink (had it cold). Everything has been really yummy.

I go back for my first weigh in a week from today and I'm hoping to see a big drop on the scale.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/202/160

Height: 5'6.5"

Good Morning! Any input on Spaghetti Squash??? Is it a yes or a no?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #12  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan3 View Post
I was told no.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Electric food tracker: Fit Day is great!

Good Tues Morning to Everyone!!

Wow have been away since Friday and a LOT has happened on here!!

to everyone new starting the IP Eating Program (I hate the word diet..ugh)...it is a great program, this forum is the one of the best tools to use with the program.

I love using FIT DAY to track my food...you only need to imput custom foods including your IP foods once and then when you click on them they are entered into your food journal, plus it brings up the calories, fat, carbs, and protein then adds it to the day's total. A very good food tracker.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #14  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan3 View Post
A definite no.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #15  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

from I'm Svelting
Groovy indeed. And not surprising; if I recall correctly, your backside has been steadily shrinking. What are you going to do with the extra cash?

Maybe we have a new bumper sticker for Ideal Protein: Ideal Protein diet, putting Omar the tentmaker out of business since [insert year]

ok, just saw this in yesterday's chat and this is the hardest I have laughed in about 3 weeks. Going through some bad crap right now, and I NEEDED this. I love the fact that we support each other in so many ways! (and we DO need to get these printed up!)
Closed Thread