Old 10-19-2010, 10:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/180/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Wink I'm New :)

I just started Ideal Protein on Oct 18, 2010. Feel good but really wanted to eat the beef stroganoff that my husband and kids ate! I have an almost 3 year old and almost 1 year old. I have spent the last 8 months on different depression meds for postpardum depression. I hate them. I am currently off meds as the weight gain was depressing me even more. I weight 191 pounds, the same as I did when I delivered my second son. I am so done with this weight. I just want to be back to where I was after I had my first son. I have about 60 pounds to lose, so here goes EVERYTHING!
WannaBeHotMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

This first couple of days are the hardest. If you are craving something, just spend some time reading through the threads on this forum. It is truly inspiring and before you know it the cravings will be gone. Check out the stickies on the main page for recipes, tips for newbies etc. Have a great first week!
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/180/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Thanks for the tip kaarin
WannaBeHotMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #4  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeHotMum View Post
Thanks for the tip kaarin
I have been on it 5 weeks and 2 days. This forumn helped so much...read read read....you will learn a ton and it will keep you motivated. I am currently down 25. Very easy diet to follow.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #5  

Wannabehotmom, I just started on Monday too! I made my family a dinner last night that I REALLY wanted too, but I know it's just junk. I had my dinner and right before that I got sooo hungry I was getting the shakes like I normally do if I wait too long to eat. I normally eat something bad and it goes away, but I'm so sick of being on the roller coaster. I ate my chicken, mushrooms and asparagus, then froze my chocolate pudding and had that about an hour later. I was very satisfied (something I would NEVER have thought would happen) I also have small children (13, 4, and 2) and it's so easy to eat junk. I'm glad I found this site as well as my IP coach. This will definitely help keep me motivated! Thanks.
AmyonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

so glad you have found us!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

WannaBeHotMum I started on Sunday 10/17/10. I've gotten through the last three days and today I actually don't feel starved. Must be in ketosis!

Anyway welcome and read the messages they have helped me a great deal.

Christine
cmsgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

I also started on 10/18 - a friend and I are doing this together - she started the week before and lost 7 lbs her first week. Today is the first day I feel normal again. First 2 days were rough!
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #9  

Welcome!!!

I'm a newbie as well, started on IP last Thursday morning. Tonight is my first weigh in!! I'm excited and a bit nervous too! The first 4 days for me were brutal! I was hungry, extremely tired, and had a headache for 4 straight days. But the morning of my 5th day I felt like a new woman! I had TONS of energy and I feel GREAT! Hang in there! The first few days are rough, but you will get there! I love this board and have been reading a ton of good ideas!

Glad you found it!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Default Welcome To All The Newbies!!!

Everyone that has just started the Ideal Protein eating program; you have found one of the most important tools you can have....this very supportive, informative, and encouraging forum!! As said above, please invest some time in reading the posts and stickys..there is soo much info there.
Don't be afraid to ask questions here...someone will have an answer for you.
Hang in there for the 1st week, don't go off protocol and IP will WORK!!!

Another good tool to track your food input is www.fitday.com please check that out too.

Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeHotMum View Post
I just started Ideal Protein on Oct 18, 2010. Feel good but really wanted to eat the beef stroganoff that my husband and kids ate! I have an almost 3 year old and almost 1 year old. I have spent the last 8 months on different depression meds for postpardum depression. I hate them. I am currently off meds as the weight gain was depressing me even more. I weight 191 pounds, the same as I did when I delivered my second son. I am so done with this weight. I just want to be back to where I was after I had my first son. I have about 60 pounds to lose, so here goes EVERYTHING!
I am on week 2 day 1 I am down 8 lbs this diet WORKS! I must say that reading the forum here is the best thing for cravings. Here is a bit of my story.

When I started IP my mentality was: "I will see how much I lose between now and my birthday weekend then on my birthday weekend I will go hog wild! Eat whatever I want for the weekend!! After all it is my birthday right?" (my birhtday weekend is day after tomorrow. 6 of us girls rented a luxury mountain cabin with a hot tub)

Well I say now after 2 weeks on IP boy have I changed my tune. Yes, there will be cheats, but they are planned cheats that I discussed with my coach. Then come Monday morning I will be back to full IP. I am planning my food to take etc and 2 weeks ago I was thinking all junk!! "yes I will eat everything in sight." I can not believe how my view of food has changed in 2 short weeks. For example. I am taking grated cauliflower to have with the spaghetti sauce (one of my cheats) my cousin is making instead of the pasta. Just enough sauce for flavor.

Keep coming back here it really helps everyone is very supportive and super informative. Hope to see on these chats often. You are not alone.
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #12  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Washington girls are in the house! :-) I started on 10.10.10. Down 4.8 lbs my first week, WI #2 tomorrow... A little nervous (as I always am), but I know that I tried my hardest this week and whatever happens, I'm making better decisions for my family and me. My husband is a newly diagnosed diabetic and so he's eating the same diet that I'm eating! It makes life easier. I have a few co-workers that are also on this plan and that helps for support during the day.

This forum is REALLY helpful - checking in here every day, I get support, tips and friendship from other people who have walked this path before. I'm glad you found it! Good luck!
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #13  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Journeysend, I have a question. How do you track your Ideal Protein foods on Fit Day? I searched for them but couldn't find them. Do I have to input all the info for these foods? Thanks so much!
SallyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Wannabehotmom, I just started on Monday too! I made my family a dinner last night that I REALLY wanted too, but I know it's just junk. I had my dinner and right before that I got sooo hungry I was getting the shakes like I normally do if I wait too long to eat. I normally eat something bad and it goes away, but I'm so sick of being on the roller coaster. I ate my chicken, mushrooms and asparagus, then froze my chocolate pudding and had that about an hour later. I was very satisfied (something I would NEVER have thought would happen) I also have small children (13, 4, and 2) and it's so easy to eat junk. I'm glad I found this site as well as my IP coach. This will definitely help keep me motivated! Thanks.
I don't understand why you don't fix the same dinner for everyone else that you fix for yourself. There is such a variety of recipes on this site and if, as you say, "it's just junk," wouldn't they also benefit from healthier foods? My husband started on this diet for his health and since I'm the cook in the house, I just fixed the same thing for both of us. Result? I have lost nearly 45 pounds and he has lost almost 100 since June. Good luck with your weight loss journey!
rox824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:41 PM   #15  
going2wearabikini

S/C/G: 296/281/170

Height: 5 6

Im new as well!! I started 10-17-10 Sunday! I was used to drinking 5-6 diet mountain dews a day!! Talk about a headache...I had a wicked one. But I knew the person I see in the mirror, isnt the person inside. I have been heavy or underweight my entire life. Mostly heavy but I used to eat and purge, starve myself or just eat! I was at a point a few weeks ago I realized I have been on every diet their is...except this one. I have been on and off thyroid medicane because my doctor that that is why my weight was climbing to 280! The medicane made me gain weight...he uped my dose to the highest allowed...I still gained more. I got a trainer and worked out 5 days a week at the gym and after a few months, gained weight! I was like wth? So I just decided god wanted me fat! Then a few gals I work with started this diet. After a month they both lost tons of weight! I was proud of them and jealous as well! So I decided to grow balls and make an appt! Glad I did! You guys are all great. I have my first weigh in tomorrow and very nervous! I havent cheated and I hope the scale shows. I havent figued everything out on the website yet, but will try to get pics uploaded!! Thanks for all the support!!
terresaleesch is offline   Reply With Quote